Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic WTF builds (Read 6726 times)
Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

WTF builds
Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
I'm sure we have all seen them around the place, characters with baffling class levels and you just look at it and go 'wtf is that meant to do'

What are some of the best ones you have seen around? (names optional)

Was running Tempest Spine Elite the other night and there was a character in the quest who was the a 6/4 Ranger/Barbarian, using a repeater.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: WTF builds
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
the guy who start it all? the original 14ftr/6mnk by yaztromo

ps: people can even mess up pure builds, seen a 125 hp wiz (magicmaker, no guild) a 230 hp ranger (levith, helping hands). magic died like 2 hits from an orthon in vod. i think the healers spent 1/2 their mana, rezzing him. levith joined the group i was in for an IQ n h e run and was like "why hard? arnt we doing leet? i'm L20 and i'm only here for elite!"

le sigh....

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
There is a cleric running around on Khyber called Rentaheal (I'm sure you have come across him Aranticus)

Level 20 Dwarf Cleric
Full TWF line, including OTWF
Wields 2 Bastard Swords
One of my guildies mentioned he had some other weird feats too.
Can't heal himself out of a wet paper bag.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2010 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Any build with one level of Cleric.

Any build with one level of Sorc.

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2010 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:58pm:
There is a cleric running around on Khyber called Rentaheal (I'm sure you have come across him Aranticus)

Level 20 Dwarf Cleric
Wields 2 Bastard Swords

This is more likely a player issue than a character issue.  My 18 cleric / 2 monk had TWF (including OTWF) and he healed just fine.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #5 - Feb 16th, 2010 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Demoyn wrote on Feb 16th, 2010 at 11:43pm:
This is more likely a player issue than a character issue.  My 18 cleric / 2 monk had TWF (including OTWF) and he healed just fine.

Dwarf with bastard swords?

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:58pm:

Level 20 Dwarf Cleric
Wields 2 Bastard Swords

if you call "on my list" coming across, yeah, i've come across him  Grin

IP Logged

Hakushi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Dwarf dualwielding bastard swords ............ OUCH  Shocked

DDO characters:

Raika, Carolanne, Coriza, Alexandra, Samara, Zaretta, Katina, Carelle, Nathalya, Karia, Kristina, Nausikaa, Carietta, Magaly, Rosanna, Venusia, Hetoff, Zyvorra, Zazumi, Isabella

IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 3:10am
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Feb 16th, 2010 at 11:44pm:
Dwarf with bastard swords?

Just another piece of evidence that it's more likely a stupid player than a gimp character.  I'm sure you realize, of course, that if he has 20 full levels of cleric that he doesn't get dwarven axes for free, thus making it not quite the character issue that it appears.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2010 at 3:11am by Demoyn »  

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #9 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:54pm:
the guy who start it all? the original 14ftr/6mnk by yaztromo

That's the guy that started it all?  BS.

Anyone remember Arixis/Erixis/Irixis?  After the server merge, he couldn't get in a group so he quit.  His build were fine for soloing, but didn't really fit into a party.  Once he figured out that people wouldn't group with him he got a chip on his shoulder that only made it worse.

I'd look the builds up on myddo, but its blocked at work.  Maybe I'll go back through the TA archives and see if I can find the class combinations.  Definitely some strange looking builds.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2010 at 8:34am by Inkblack »  

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Feb 17th, 2010 at 8:33am:

Anyone remember Arixis/Erixis/Irixis?  After the server merge, he couldn't get in a group so he quit.  His build were fine for soloing, but didn't really fit into a party.  Once he figured out that people wouldn't group with him he got a chip on his shoulder that only made it worse.

I'd look the builds up on myddo, but its blocked at work.  Maybe I'll go back through the TA archives and see if I can find the class combinations.  Definitely some strange looking builds.

well u should see yaztromo's builds. even his pure 20 sorc 20 clr is gimped like hell. that guy cant even build a pure toon properly

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #11 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Feb 17th, 2010 at 8:33am:

I remember the Arixis builds. He had one WF Greatbow user and boy, as a person, he was one miserable SOB.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2010 at 8:59am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #12 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Remember this was done when level 14 was the cap, pre-Shroud.
Quote:
In the storyline I have for my Irixis builds, Erixis was created to embody the strength of both Irixis, and Arixis. Irixis is a fighter abept in arcane magic, Arixis is a fighter adept in divine magic. Erixis was intended to be an embodiment of both her sisters.

Origionaly, I thought Cleric/Sorcerer would do it. While this is an awesome build (in my eyes), it doesn't quite do what I wanted it to do..she can't fight like her sister's can.

So, here's my new Erixis build. It's here for you to rip apart. I like it, but I'm working on a second variation. Someone mentioned to me about Paladin instead of Fighter..might work, but then I got a fourth stat to content with...Charisma.

Enjoy.

(Edit) Please note that the Hit Points, Spell Points, and saves are all base (With feats added in). I haven't programmed in the items (Fort from +5 Constitution item, +4 resistance cloak, etc)

Erixis Ni'Aziir
Level 14 Neutral Good Human Female
(2 Fighter \ 6 Cleric \ 6 Wizard)
Hit Points: 140
Spell Points: 580
BAB: 9\9\14
Fortitude: 15
Reflex: 9
Will: 16

Stats:

Strength: 16 (Starting) + 3 (4,8,12) + 2 (Enhancements) + 2 (Tome) + 5 (Item) = 28
Dexterity: 13 (Starting) + 1 (Tome) + 6 (Item) = 20
Constitution: 13 (Starting) + 1 (Enhancement) + 1 (Tome) + 5 (Item) = 20
Intelligence: 14 (Starting) + 2 (Enhancement) + 6 (Item) - 22
Wisdom: 14 (Starting) + 2 (Enhancement) + 6 (Item) = 22
Charisma: 8 (Starting) + 6 (Item) = 14

Known Feats:
Weapon Focus (Slashing)
Iron Will
Dodge
Extend Spell
Great Fortitude
Lightining Reflexes
Luck of the Heros
Enshew Materials
Disipline
Improved Cricial: Slashing Weapons

Enhancements:
Fighter Haste Boost I
Follower of the Sovereign Host
Unyielding Sovereignty
Human Adaptability Strength I
Greater Human Adaptability Constitution I
Human Improved Recovery III
Human Versatility IV
Fighter Jump I
Cleric Life Magic II
Energy of the Scholar II
Wizard Intelligence II
Fighter Strength I
Cleric Wisdom II

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Feb 17th, 2010 at 9:13am:
Remember this was done when level 14 was the cap, pre-Shroud.

yaztromo = pure sorc. 2 metas. rest toughness

mesina = pure cleric, 1 meta, rest toughness

daur = 14ftr/6mnk, god knows how many toughness to get 850 hp

velerea = 10bbn/7ftr, again gawd knows how many toughness to hit 500 hp at L13

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #14 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 9:32am
Print Post  
The Erixis build thread is killing me.  Here's reply #1 and #2, since it includes details into the other 'rixis builds.  The rest is just the usual build arguments.  About the only thing that gets decided is that since he has 2x the spell list as his other builds, more spell points via the mental toughness line might be warranted.

Boldrin:
Quote:
What exactly do you plan on using him for, becasue he doesnt seem to have enough of any one attribute to be a useful character. High str, but No HPs, what good is STR if they kill you in 2 hits. I just cant see this guy being a useful party member, even if you took 1 more level of cler so you could use raise scrolls that would be better, but as he stands, I don't think he's feasible.

Az (Erixis):
Quote:
That's a common response. I don't want to sound like an ass (Though i probably will anyway) but I can't say as I am suprised you'd see it this way. Not because of anything personal. Simply because I don't think you have seen my other builds.

Irixis is a 7th Wizard/5th Fighter/2nd Rogue, and Arixis is a 7th Cleric/5th Fighter/2nd Rogue. Both of them average 200-230hp at 14th level, and both of them average 500-550sp at 14th level. both of them are very survivable, Albiet...squishy, as some would call them.

All told. Arixis is way more survivable than Irixis, simply because she is capable of healing herself rather easily..but Irixis is just as well in a fight, thanks to the ability to cast Blur, Haste, Displacement, Stoneskin, And any other neccessary buffs all on their own.

Both Irixis and Arixis have a strength of 28 (30 when raged, as they often are), and <edited by Ink> they are rather well versed in DPS.

The thought behind Erixis is to put both strengths of Irixis and Arixis together. I - can - use raise scrolls with Erixis. Would only take a roll of 4 or higher to succeed. It would - not - use UMD, rather an arcane caster level check.

Erixis would have Haste, Diplacement, Blur, Heroism, and any other spells needed. On top of Divine Power (when level cap is increased) without clickies..that Irixis is confined to at the moment. So BAB (and Attacking) is not a problem at all. Simple put, Erixis will be the healing ability of Arixis, the defensive capability of Irixis, and the fighting power of both. She will be damn near perfect, in the end.

To put it in lamest terms. You just have to party with Irixis, or Arixis, to understand any of this. I'm sure a lot of TA members would agree, as I recall a great many people saying the same thing you said about those builds..then coming to realise that for some - as they would say, 'insane' - reason..it works wonderfully.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #15 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Feb 17th, 2010 at 9:27am:
yaztromo = pure sorc. 2 metas. rest toughness

mesina = pure cleric, 1 meta, rest toughness

daur = 14ftr/6mnk, god knows how many toughness to get 850 hp

velerea = 10bbn/7ftr, again gawd knows how many toughness to hit 500 hp at L13

Wow.  That's pretty horrible.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #16 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Link to the Arixis build thread please?

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Feb 17th, 2010 at 9:33am:
Wow.  That's pretty horrible.

at least az's builds are more functional than a load of hp with no dps

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #18 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Feb 17th, 2010 at 10:07am:
Link to the Arixis build thread please?

Wouldn't work -- it's a private page on our guild forums.

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #19 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Feb 16th, 2010 at 11:27pm:
Any build with one level of Cleric.

Any build with one level of Sorc.

I logged onto Emili last night...

Once fully logged in I notice a time expired blind invite from some character name I have no recollection of. I bloody figure is someone I know messing with me as usual...

So I send invite back to this person wondering who it may be (they accept)... I say hello and ask them what they wanted while looking at the who's page for a guildname or something I could recognize them by... is a 2 ranger/1 sorc/1 wizard with some arbitrary guild and after about five minutes of silence (no answer from them) I left party.

« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2010 at 4:17pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

sir_chonas
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Had an arcane archer (which isn't really a problem anymore) with like 8 levels ranger, 7 levels wizard, and some melee class.

Most peculiar thing I've seen (will post actual build later after verification).  We were in a shroud with one spot left and 2 lvl 20 fvs, some barbs and paladins, and a bard so I wasn't that worried about having one strange build.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
sir_chonas wrote on Feb 17th, 2010 at 4:18pm:
Had an arcane archer (which isn't really a problem anymore) with like 8 levels ranger, 7 levels wizard, and some melee class.

Most peculiar thing I've seen (will post actual build later after verification).  We were in a shroud with one spot left and 2 lvl 20 fvs, some barbs and paladins, and a bard so I wasn't that worried about having one strange build.

I really loathe bringing such non contributors to raids. To them it's like affirming there bad builds are fine and they use the raid completions as justificatin

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #22 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
I remember the Irixis build disasters.  I always tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but then he joined my DQ1 flagging run on his Arixis build.  It was just me on my sorc and him on that thing.  I thought, "great, now I can see what he's all about". 

It was pretty bad.  I mean, a level 14 dying in DQ1 on normal is pretty sad, but he died something like 2 times every hallway.  We got to the queen and he decided to go toe to toe with her.  She swiped him once and knocked him down to 2%, so he then started running around the room trying to hit a heal scroll.  But his UMD apparently wasn't that great, he failed like 4-5 times before she killed him.

I think I actually ran out of rez scrolls that run.  Those of you who group with me know that I rarely run out of anything.

He was a nice guy, but as Arkat said, boy was he miserable.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

sir_chonas
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Feb 18th, 2010 at 1:47am
Print Post  
I'm surprised you didn't run out of cool in that Epic DQ2 we were in.  With the German leader (not that there was anything wrong with his Germanic ancestry, but the raid went poorly).

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #24 - Feb 18th, 2010 at 2:22am
Print Post  
sir_chonas wrote on Feb 18th, 2010 at 1:47am:
I'm surprised you didn't run out of cool in that Epic DQ2 we were in.  With the German leader (not that there was anything wrong with his Germanic ancestry, but the raid went poorly).

Did it?  I was on Strake ridin the saddle, too busy to see what else was going on.

That and I don't listen to party chat  Grin

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint