Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Why and what do you TR? (Read 4575 times)
Tspoon
Ex Member

Why and what do you TR?
Jul 26th, 2010 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
So, I finally finished TR'ing Tchopstick and I can totally see the value.  2d12 unarmed, +1 damage, 34pt build.  So now I am thinking about another TR and I'm looking at the past life feats and to be honest they don't really look all that great to me.  The toons I have at 20 now are fighter, wiz, ranger,  and another monk, the ones that are 17-18 are WF barb, cleric, bard.  Do people do it for the extra build points mainly?  T

IP Logged

sir_chonas
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Why and what do you TR?
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
I like the extra buildpoints, but I'm really doing it for replay value and the passives.

Have done a fighter for my first life, monk for this one, will do 2 more monks, then 2 more fighters at least.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
I think the extra build points definitely are an advantage for some stat challenged builds.  I.E. paladins, monks, rogues. 
Any class can always use more build points, but, lets be honest, is it a huge deal to the THF WF Barb?  You are maxxing strength and con.  Do you need dex, wis, int, or cha all that much? 

The past lives are nice, too, for some classes.  I think the Wiz has a strong one, as do the fighter, monk, FvS, barb, and sorc.  But some of the others leave something to be desired. 

All this assumes the toon has been at 20 for a while and has accumulated the raid loot, tomes, tier III shroud items, etc.  If not, those are more vaulable than the TR benefits, imo.  Once you've gotten to 20 or 40 completions of each raid, then a TR makes more sense.  And the releveling that first time is actually fun.  Love levels 11-16 when most all the raid loot comes back. 

Can't comment on a 2nd TR on one toon.  Have only done 1st TR's.  I hear the extra XP is bitch, tho.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Going compleionist is another reason. Many people also TR to refine their build. Ie if you want to make something with good stuns, you want as many fighter past life etc. Barb past life feat on a kensai = more damage as are monks

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Interesting, I think the only toon I have right now that has any significant raid loot is my halfling Ranger Tspoon, or my other monk Tspatula...  I have a number of sub level 20 toons that still need a lot of raid gear...  Might be better to focus on them.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
for melees these are the options

fighter : +1 to attack, +1 DC / +1 MDB, +4 attack
barb: +10 hp / rage: +4 str/con
monk: +1 damage / evasion, increased unarmed
pally: +5% haal amp / DF
rogue: +1 SA damage / +1 SA attack per 4 level, +1 SA damage per 2 level

so if you want to make the perfect fighter, you could go 3ftr/3barb/3monk/3pally/3rog/1ftr

imagine, passive +3 attack, +3 damage +30 hp + 5 SA attack, +13 SA damage + 15% heal amp +3 combat DC. then you can boost up by an additional +4 str, +4 con, +7 attack, +3 damage
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2010 at 10:28pm by Aranticus »  

IP Logged

Canuckish
Korthos Resident

giggity

Reply #6 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 8:34am
Print Post  
I TR'd my Wiz into a WF Sorc, cause Fleshies are weak, and the Past life saves on a "spell Pen" feat and the past life: wiz helps make up for the WF CHa disadvantage.

Plus the new contents all low level, might as well run a TR through it.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
I can't imagine getting through that many TRs for that superfighter but the options that look best to me at the moment are TR my rogue wiz to wiz20, though I'm not sure I want to give up evasion, or my fighter to fighter... or monk to fighter...

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
At what point does the xp requirement stop increasing, after #2?

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Yes. Xp will remain 4.3m

IP Logged

Dythan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 1:51am
Print Post  
When you TR, do you get access to past life feats for all classes you are, or just the dominate class?

ie  Does my 13rog/6monk/1fighter only gets rogue past life on my first TR?

Dythan
Khyber
Epik Poo

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 2:54am
Print Post  
Dythan wrote on Aug 12th, 2010 at 1:51am:
When you TR, do you get access to past life feats for all classes you are, or just the dominate class?

ie  Does my 13rog/6monk/1fighter only gets rogue past life on my first TR?

yes, eladrin confirmed the highest level or which ever gets to the highest count

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Keeper of the Rangersauce

Reply #12 - Aug 15th, 2010 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
I TR'ed Pallai because she was my first character (28 pt.) and I wanted more build points, especially because she was coming back as a Clonk and I feel that the stats are spread thinner.

I like the idea of adding past life feats (passive)- for example, I'd love to have the Wizard one on an Offensive Caster Cleric.  Only problem with that is that the only characters I enjoy playing are Clerics.   One of these days I'll get around to levelling a Wiz and TR'ing it into an offensive casting Divine class, but I've got a ways to go.

Pallai, Ascent
Saraphima, Chennai, Northenstar, Chellai Nothing Personal
Argonessen

IP Logged

Revenftbm
Korthos Resident

Reply #13 - Aug 15th, 2010 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Pallai wrote on Aug 15th, 2010 at 4:58pm:
I TR'ed Pallai because she was my first character (28 pt.) and I wanted more build points, especially because she was coming back as a Clonk and I feel that the stats are spread thinner.

I like the idea of adding past life feats (passive)- for example, I'd love to have the Wizard one on an Offensive Caster Cleric.  Only problem with that is that the only characters I enjoy playing are Clerics.   One of these days I'll get around to levelling a Wiz and TR'ing it into an offensive casting Divine class, but I've got a ways to go.

I thought Pallai was still 28 pt build...
Wink  Grin

IP Logged

Takllin
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 11:42am
Print Post  
I TR'd my main because I wanted a build that had equivalent DPS(Im not into going for the extra ~5 DPS, I just care that my build is up in that DPS area.) but I wasn't a mana sponge.

Tokun's first life was 12 Barbarian/6 Ranger/2 Fighter Human, which I liked a lot. If I was going to do it again for that same type of build, I would have gone WF and 18 Barb/2 Fighter, as I don't care much for Tempest 1 over FB 3.

Right now hes going for a Halfling Monster with dragonmarks, and there is a considerable difference as to how much the cleric or FvS needs to watch my bar. Hes much more soloable and survivable, and at endgame he should be sitting at around 560 HP and a nice intimidate, but I don't think its high enough for raid bosses because of my size penalty.

Tokun Helf Fighter/Ranger/Monk Gragurn Dwarf Barbarian Tekllin WF Wizard Jadokis WF Favored Soul
Order of the Silver Dragons

IP Logged

Stanley Nicholas
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Pallai wrote on Aug 15th, 2010 at 4:58pm:

You could consider some FvS lives.  The passive past life feat is like a combination of wiz and sorc, and the class plays very much like a cleric.  And you just might fall in love with Leap of Faith.

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Keeper of the Rangersauce

Reply #16 - Aug 18th, 2010 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Stanley Nicholas wrote on Aug 16th, 2010 at 10:44pm:
You could consider some FvS lives.  The passive past life feat is like a combination of wiz and sorc, and the class plays very much like a cleric.  And you just might fall in love with Leap of Faith.

With the amount of smack-talking I do aimed at FvSs...I'd probably get kicked out/laughed out of guild if I rolled one.  Shocked Grin

Pallai, Ascent
Saraphima, Chennai, Northenstar, Chellai Nothing Personal
Argonessen

IP Logged

contan
Dragon Raider

The bane of your existence

Reply #17 - Aug 28th, 2010 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
I TR'd my FvS into FvS 2 times and Wizard 2 times. Still have 1 wizard to go and 1 FvS. 

Doing it for the spell pen.

IP Logged

Spisey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 4:55am
Print Post  
Planning on pimping out my battlecaster pure sorc.

My biggest issue has always been hating the grind to equip characters.  xxthermitexx is finally decked out enough to stop epic end game soon so I should be able to start my plan for completionist.  Lol we'll see how that goes but having the gear at level and having so many builds I would love to try but would hate to equip individually, this is a fun way to experience everything I have missed over the years.  Especially at level questing of the newer quests.

NOW GIVE MEH MY GODDAMN +4 INT TOME!!!!  Wink

I really can't wait to see how broken some of the ioun stones actually seem with such low lvl requirements.

The only thing I know is every build will be thf!  Grin

IP Logged

(.)
Waterworks Kobold

Ebading a van XD

Reply #19 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 5:12pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint