Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Pint-Sized Brick - Possible Improvements? (Read 4896 times)
Tydeth
Korthos Resident

Novice

Pint-Sized Brick - Possible Improvements?
Aug 29th, 2010 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
I've posted in the official DDO forums about my Pint-Sized Brick paladin build, and got some advice that helped me retune it. I figured since I'm here, I might as well post it here to see if it's viable for my desired role or if there's more retuning I can do to make it better at its intended goal.

Goals:
- Halfling Intimitank with self-sufficiency and the ability to UMD scrolls like Heal and Rez
- Uses THF to maintain enemy aggro after acquiring it, or to get enemy attention if skillcheck is failed

Here's an attempt at an easier to read format of the build planner's output:

Pint-Sized Brick
Level 20 Lawful Good Halfling Male
(1 Fighter / 18 Paladin / 1 Rogue)
Hit Points: 348
Spell Points: 205

BAB: 19/19/24/2929
Fortitude: 24
Reflex: 16
Will: 14

Starting    Feat/Enhancement
Abilities    Base Stats    Modified Stats
(32 Point)    (Level 1)      (Level 20)

Strength           14                19
Dexterity          10                10
Constitution       16                16
Intelligence       14                14
Wisdom              8                 8
Charisma           14                16

Starting      Feat/Enhancement
             Base Skills  Modified Skills
Skills       (Level 1)      (Level 20)

Balance            4              5
Bluff              2              3
Concentration      3              6
Diplomacy          2              3
Disable Device     n/a            n/a
Haggle             6              7
Heal               -1             -1
Hide               1              5
Intimidate         6              30
Jump               6              10
Listen             3              5
Move Silently      2              4
Open Lock          4              4
Perform            n/a            n/a
Repair             2              2
Search             6              6
Spot               3              3
Swim               2              4
Tumble             1              1
Use Magic Device   6              26

Feats:

Level 1(Selected): Toughness
Level 3(Selected): Power Attack
Level 4(Fighter): Two-Handed Fighting
Level 6(Selected): Bullheaded
Level 9(Selected): IC Slashing
Level 12(Selected): Improved THF
Level 15(Selected): Quicken Spell
Level 18(Selected): Greater THF

Levels

Level 1: Rogue
Level 2-3: Paladin
Level 4: Fighter
Level 5-20: Paladin

Enhancements: (Highest Tiers Shown)

Paladin Armor Class Boost I
Fighter Attack Boost I
Rogue Damage Boost I
Fighter Haste Boost I
Rogue Skill Boost I
Unyielding Sovereignty
Follower of the Sovereign Host
Fighter Armored Agility I
Fighter Critical Accuracy I
Paladin Item Defense I
Paladin Courage of Good I
Paladin Bulwark of Good III
Paladin Focus of Good I
Paladin Resistance of Good III
Paladin Divine Righteousness I
Paladin Exalted Smite I
Paladin Extra Lay on Hands III
Paladin Extra Smite Evil II
Paladin Defender of Siberys III
Paladin Redemption II
Paladin: Rally
Racial Toughness II
Rogue Balance I
Fighter Intimidate I
Paladin Devotion III
Paladin Charisma II
Paladin Toughness III
Paladin Divine Light II

Rogue @1 for full ranks in UMD and Intimidate, as well as extra skills in general
Fighter @4 is because I get my first level-up str increase, which'd unlock THF.
Paladin is...his main class, for DoS and the survival goodies the class in general gets.

You'll note I have not applied tomes or items into this build. That's because I'm not gonna get my hopes up in getting any tomes so I figure it's best to calculate without them and if I do pull some, hey bonus. However, I do intend to hit Orchards as soon as I'm 11(even if it is a level 14 area), so you can more or less guarantee +20 HP from gear Toughness. Other gear options will depend on what I can get from questing/raiding.

Bullheaded is for the +1 willsave and +2 intimidate, but I am flexible if a better feat is suggested for this spot. Maybe Skill focus intimidate to completely negate the halfling size nerf with the fighter enhancement? I dunno, but maybe you guys do. Quicken is for healing amd such during battle, as it says it makes spells uninterrupted and I don't have enough skillpoints for concentration after the two main build skills.

Thoughts? Comments? Ways to make him better at what I want?
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2010 at 7:48pm by Tydeth »  

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Pint-Sized Brick - Possible Improvements?
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
i wont mince it but lots of bad build decisions. 1st, the reason u take rogue shouldnt be umd or intim. but for umd, evasion. taking rogue on a pally doesnt make much sense to me

L20 pally with 14 base cha

cha = 14 base +2 tome, +6item, +2 exceptional, +2 enh = 26 = +8 mod

umd = 11 base + 3 item + 6 cha skill + 3 sf + 2 luck +8 cha +4 GH = 37 umd

contary to believe, a feasible umd is not really that difficult to achieve

next is thf. you are a halfling, you get guile bonuses which affect twf more than thf! plus you can easily get to 15 dex to qualify simply by lowering your con to 14

what is quicken for? to recast spells during battles? get extend and u do not have to worry about it and u can even madstone up for more dps

you are spending way too many APs on useless boosts. ditch stuff like damage boost or attack boost. the haste boost is cool thou. there are also a ton of non useful enh u selected, ie armored agility, crit accuracy, balance, devotion. not sure abt dvine light, if its not a siberys prereq, ditch it too. instead get stuff like divine sacrific (for more hate generation), divine might, higher tiers of exalted. even if you are a defensive toon, you want to be contributing in non tank senarios

IP Logged

Tydeth
Korthos Resident

Novice

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
1st, the reason u take rogue shouldnt be umd or intim. but for umd, evasion. taking rogue on a pally doesnt make much sense to me

[...]

contary to believe, a feasible umd is not really that difficult to achieve

1 rogue/1 fighter was suggested as a possible middle ground between fighter 2 or rogue 2, allowing intimidate, UMD, and extra feat...plus that attack speed boost. It also allowed points for a few extra skills that I figured could help.

I was not aware that I did not need all 23 ranks in UMD to be useful. That's good to know as that means I can put points in balance or something else equally useful in combat.

Quote:
next is thf. you are a halfling, you get guile bonuses which affect twf more than thf! plus you can easily get to 15 dex to qualify simply by lowering your con to 14

Why is it practically every other newbie/novice/whatever gets yelled at for more con but I get told to put less? Huh Lol, that's the second time I got told to lower my con(original buildplan had final con of 18). I thought having high HP is supposed to be good for melee/tank toons. Maybe I'm overestimating the importance of HP in raids/epics/other high level quests.

As far as THF, I took that because Falchions are supposed to be the best pally weapon from what I've read, with scimitars close behind for TWF variants. Plus the whole two handed weapons get more str bonus which'd help counter halfling racial nerf. Is their -2 str really a big deal to worry about or am I safe to go TWF to take proper advantage of +2 dex(aka will TWF do more dps and thus hate than THF)?

Quote:
what is quicken for?

Quicken is so I can cast healing spells on myself without worrying about concentration checks when I'm being wailed on by monsters. I've read somewhere pallies were the last on the healer's priorities to heal since they have their own healing. Not sure if that applies as much at high levels or what, so better safe than sorry is my reasoning there.

Quote:
you are spending way too many APs on useless boosts. ditch stuff like damage boost or attack boost. the haste boost is cool thou. there are also a ton of non useful enh u selected, ie armored agility, crit accuracy, balance, devotion. not sure abt dvine light, if its not a siberys prereq, ditch it too. instead get stuff like divine sacrific (for more hate generation), divine might, higher tiers of exalted. even if you are a defensive toon, you want to be contributing in non tank senarios

Devotion helps with my healing and is a prereq to the "Oh shit" button called Redemption.

I don't think Divine Light is a prereq for Siberys; I may have grabbed that afterwards in the planner to be more useful versus undeads. I can probably drop it and some of the other useless extras for the suggested stuff. Though if I go TWF the higher dex would make armored agility somewhat useful, and the crit+ one seems like a good idea for paladins based on the apparent reason falchions/scimitars are good for pallies. Is that one not as good as it seems or what?
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:09pm by Tydeth »  

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Tydeth,

You are new here. It is better that you just do what Aranticus tells you to do.

Oh and you don't need to worry about healing that much, unless you plan on solo'g, and with this build you won't be solo'g long. Clerics and FvSs are for healing.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Tydeth wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:08pm:
Quicken is so I can cast healing spells on myself without worrying about concentration checks when I'm being wailed on by monsters. I've read somewhere pallies were the last on the healer's priorities to heal since they have their own healing. Not sure if that applies as much at high levels or what, so better safe than sorry is my reasoning there.

Unless you are going for a healing amp build your healing spells will not help much. Use them to top off or bring someone out of incap but thats it. There is better things for a pally to spend mana on. If you plan on a high UMD then learn to back off and scroll a heal(which is not effected by quicken). LoH is what you use for your Oh Shit button. Not cure mod.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:28pm by woody »  

IP Logged

Tydeth
Korthos Resident

Novice

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
@stainer

The reason I responded with further questions and the logic behind my choices was so that he can correct any inaccuracies and I can learn more about character building from him. If I can learn more from vets while listening to them, I can benefit myself and my groups more as a better player.

Does the no need to worry about healing apply also to the paladin rez ability? Can I go without Redemption in favor of DPS enhancements or will players expect me to have it as a DoS?

@woody

So healing myself while fighting won't be viable at higher levels as-is? If so, should I go extend or take a completely different feat?
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:43pm by Tydeth »  

IP Logged

Stanley Nicholas
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
You're not going to get much mileage out of your SP for healing purposes.  Paladins are only meant to heal in Oh Shit moments, and they have LOH and Unyielding Sovereignty for that.  You'll find that even with archmagi and a shroud SP/cha skills item, most of your SP will be used up by resists, zeal, and divine favor.  Your job is to tank and do dps - focus on that and let the healers focus on healing.

And yes, you should either take 2 rogue for evasion, or 2 fighter for the feats.  Splitting it up 1/1 only waters down each option.  In DDO it nearly always pays to specialize rather than try to split the difference.

IP Logged

Stanley Nicholas
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Tydeth wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:38pm:
@stainer

The reason I responded with further questions and the logic behind my choices was so that he can correct any inaccuracies and I can learn more about character building from him. If I can learn more from vets while listening to them, I can benefit myself and my groups more as a better player.

Does the no need to worry about healing apply also to the paladin rez ability? Can I go without Redemption in favor of DPS enhancements or will players expect me to have it as a DoS?

You can (and should) definitely skip it.  Get a ring of the ancestors, craft a shroud rez clicky, or just carry a stack of raise dead scrolls.  Nobody expects more than that out of any paladin.

@woody

So healing myself while fighting won't be viable at higher levels as-is? If so, should I go extend or take a completely different feat?

Correct, the small amount of healing you get from cure moderate won't be worth the SP it costs at higher levels.  Extend is a better choice, or anything else that increases your tanking ability.  Skill Focus: Intim would also be an option (should be taken at a higher priority than Bullheaded, IMO), or Skill Focus: UMD.

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
@stainer

@woody

The Redemption ability has always seemed like a waste of enhancement points.  If you have the UMD to use Raise Dead scrolls, why dump AP into a similar ability?  If anything, find a way to pump your UMD a bit higher, and Resurrection Scrolls are available to you. 

Feat-wise, I think some of Junt's builds use Quicken - I've preferred Extend.  Extend does mean your Zeal/Divine favors last long enough for you to pop Madstone in between casts, but also means that you can cast the longer duration spells extended if need be (sometimes, it pays to cast extended fire resist, w/e).  Other feat choices of course are Skill Focus : Intimidate or UMD, or maybe another Toughness feat?  Beefiness is nice.

Why are you going Halfling for an intim build, anyway?  You'll take a -4 Penalty due to size, and you miss out on all the smexy feats/enhancements human can give you.

Also, two-handed line.. why?  To proc glancing blows as you Sword and Board with Bastard Swords would have been my first guess, but I don't see that feat anywhere.  Really if you plan on Intiming a lot, feats that include your blocking DR may be more viable.

Festivius/Hobadash/Kiarnan/McPhail ~ Eternal Wrath
Aneist/Oshkosch/Dalzeil ~ Silent Accord
Sarlona

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Stanley Nicholas wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:52pm:
You can (and should) definitely skip it.  Get a ring of the ancestors, craft a shroud rez clicky, or just carry a stack of raise dead scrolls.  Nobody expects more than that out of any paladin.

Correct, the small amount of healing you get from cure moderate won't be worth the SP it costs at higher levels.  Extend is a better choice, or anything else that increases your tanking ability.  Skill Focus: Intim would also be an option (should be taken at a higher priority than Bullheaded, IMO), or Skill Focus: UMD.

Ha.  Beat me to most of it.

Sarlona

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
@stainer

@woody

If you spec umd yes healing will be viable via scrolls. Extend is a good choice for stuff like resistances and zeal and prolly a few other pally spells( have not played one in quite a while. cant remember all the spells) both of which are a better use of sp than cmw.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2010 at 1:09pm by woody »  

IP Logged

Tydeth
Korthos Resident

Novice

Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Yeah, this is why I posted the build here. The initial post in the class forum didn't get so much help in making it useful, and here I'm getting info that'll help me greatly in not just this build, but in future building as well.

Taking all the information provided, I have attempted to rebuild him for increased effectiveness as a melee.

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.5.1
DDO Character Planner Home Page 

Pint-Sized Brick v3
(2 Fighter / 18 Paladin)
Hit Points: 332
Spell Points: 205

BAB: 20/20/25/3030
Fortitude: 24
Reflex: 18
Will: 13

Strength           13                19
Dexterity          16                18
Constitution       14                14

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11

Balance            5              14
Bluff              2              3
Concentration      2              5
Haggle             2              4
Hide               3              8
Intimidate         6              27
Jump               5              11
Listen             -1             1
Move Silently      3              6
Open Lock          n/a            n/a
Search             2              2
Spot               -1             -1
Swim               1              4
Tumble             n/a            5
Use Magic Device   4              17

Feats:
Level 1(Fighter): TWF
Level 3(Selected): Skill Focus: UMD
Level 4(Fighter): Power Attack
Level 6(Selected): Oversized TWF
Level 12(Selected): Improved TWF
Level 15(Selected): Extend Spell
Level 18(Selected): Greater TWF

Levels

Level 1: Fighter
Level 5-20: Paladin

Enhancements: (Highest Tiers Shown)

Fighter Haste Boost I
Unyielding Sovereignty
Halfling Dexterity I
Halfling Cunning II
Paladin Bulwark of Good III
Paladin Focus of Good I
Paladin Resistance of Good III
Paladin Divine Sacrifice II
Paladin Exalted Smite III
Paladin Extra Smite Evil IV
Paladin Defender of Siberys III
Racial Toughness II
Fighter Intimidate I
Paladin Charisma II
Fighter Strength I
Paladin Toughness III
Paladin Divine Might I

Unfortunately, even with lowering con to 14, I still needed to nerf str by 1 to have 16 dex for twf. Replacing the rogue level with a second fighter level grants Fighter Strength 1 enhancement to negate that choice, luckily. Even then, I'll need a +1 dex tome for the other two tiers.

Interestingly, I found that the 2 less con didn't really impact my HP too badly, though taking the higher Hit-die fighter over rogue probably helped.

I'm wondering whether to keep halfling dex enhancement for an even final dex or to axe it and the second tier of cunning in favor of Exalted Smite 4.

Is this new version good or does it still need improvements?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #12 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
You can make dex 15 and get a +2 tome. Extend is ok for resists, but I don't think it is a must have, as you have a shrine every 11 feet.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #13 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
I would swap when you take SF: UMD and Extend. You will get more use from  extend at that lvl to keep your resistances up then umd unless you plan on getting a lot of RR gear. For healing, pots/wands will do you just fine till about GH.

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #14 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:58pm:
You can make dex 15 and get a +2 tome. Extend is ok for resists, but I don't think it is a must have, as you have a shrine every 11 feet.

But he can use it to extend Zeal which iirc gives an extra boost to your attack speed that stacks with fighter haste boost.

IP Logged

Khaldan
Korthos Resident

Reply #15 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
woody wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:04pm:
But he can use it to extend Zeal which iirc gives an extra boost to your attack speed that stacks with fighter haste boost.

Doesn't zeal last for 6s/level? Hitting it once every 1:48 doesn't seem so harsh that you have to take extend to bring it to 3:36.

IP Logged

Tydeth
Korthos Resident

Novice

Reply #16 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Where could I find +2 tomes prior to level 12?

I'll swap the extend and SF:UMD then.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #17 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Tydeth wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:19pm:
Where could I find +2 tomes prior to level 12?

I'll swap the extend and SF:UMD then.

Do you have another toon that can send one over, or buy one from the AH?

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #18 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Khaldan wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:07pm:
Doesn't zeal last for 6s/level? Hitting it once every 1:48 doesn't seem so harsh that you have to take extend to bring it to 3:36.

Zeal is a lvl 4 pally spell. So I am pretty sure( like I said I've not logged on my pally in a while) it costs more than the 10 extra sp extend costs.

So sp useage:

Zeal+Zeal > Zeal+Extend

I'd rather go for extended Zeal. I can put up longer and keep it for less sp to maximize DPS and minimize sp usage.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:35pm by woody »  

IP Logged

Tydeth
Korthos Resident

Novice

Reply #19 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do you have another toon that can send one over, or buy one from the AH?

The only other toon I have on Orien(where the brick aka Tomeli is at) is a level 5 elf wizard who's my first toon in DDO. My highest level toon at all is my lvl 7 AA...who isn't much better.

AH is possible but bloody hell expensive. What level range quests drop +2 tomes? I'll probably have better luck pulling one than getting one for a more reasonable price in AH.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #20 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Tydeth wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:34pm:
The only other toon I have on Orien(where the brick aka Tomeli is at) is a level 5 elf wizard who's my first toon in DDO. My highest level toon at all is my lvl 7 AA...who isn't much better.

AH is possible but bloody hell expensive. What level range quests drop +2 tomes? I'll probably have better luck pulling one than getting one for a more reasonable price in AH.

You have a ways before you start hitting those quests.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
read my guide on ddo wiki "how i build my toons"

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #22 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 3:32am
Print Post  
Khaldan wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:07pm:

Madstone Procs for two minutes.  Madstone is a clicky of two minutes.

A lot of people that take Extend base it solely on this fact.  You can do extended Divine Favor and Zeal (Bonus to Attack and Damage, Bonus to Double-Strike), then switch to Madstones.  When you see your buffs are nearing two minutes left, you take the Madstones back off.  If you get good at it, you're Madstoned for all but a few seconds, cast those and any other spells you may find necessary, and get back to the killin'. 

Or... you don't have Extend, and for part of the two minutes of being Madstoned, you're not as effective, DPS wise, as you could be.

^^^ All that's solely based on those boots.

You can also take into account that most (good) parties can 1-round Arraetrikos in Shroud, or kill other raid bosses in similar times.  An extended Divine Favor + Zeal combo will cover you for a lot of these sort of things; their regular spell durations, however, tend not to.

tl;dr - not a necessity.  But there's a reason that many end up taking it.

And yes, drop the Dex down, figure out a way to get some tomes up in the build.  Worst case scenario?  Farm Bloodstones/Taps or something, make some plat, buy one off the AH.

Sarlona

IP Logged

Tydeth
Korthos Resident

Novice

Reply #23 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
As I tried to take into account the information from Aran's guide and the posts, I find the reason that one guy on the official forums said Halflings wouldn't be great paladin tanks.

I took a few more cracks at the Pint-Sized Brick in its TWF incarnation to try to improve, and one improvement I found was in embracing the racial bias towards dex on the start and use all level up points in str. The end result is as follows:

Quote:
Pint-Sized Brick Ver3D
(2 Fighter / 16 Paladin / 2 Rogue)
Hit Points: 324
Spell Points: 175

BAB: 19/19/24/2929
Fortitude: 22
Reflex: 21
Will: 11

Strength           12                18
Dexterity          17                20
Constitution       14                14

Balance            7              15
Bluff              2              4
Concentration      2              5
Haggle             6              7
Hide               3              9
Intimidate         6              27
Jump               5              10
Listen             3              5
Move Silently      3              7
Open Lock          7              9
Search             6              6
Spot               3              7
Swim               4              7
Tumble             4              6
Use Magic Device   6              25

Feats:
Level 3(Selected): TWF
Level 4(Fighter): Power Attack
Level 6(Selected): Extend Spell
Level 12(Selected): ITWF
Level 12(Fighter): GTWF
Level 15(Selected): Khopesh
Level 18(Selected): OTWF

Levels:
Level 1: Rogue 
Level 5-8: Paladin
Level 9: Rogue
Level 10-11: Paladin
Level 12: Fighter
Level 13-20: Paladin

Enhancements: (Highest Tier Shown)
Rogue Haste Boost I
Unyielding Sovereignty
Halfling Dexterity II
Halfling Cunning I
Halfling Guile I
Halfling Luck (Reflex) I
Paladin Bulwark of Good I
Paladin Bulwark of Good II
Paladin Focus of Good I
Paladin Resistance of Good II
Paladin Divine Sacrifice II
Paladin Exalted Smite III
Paladin Extra Smite Evil IV
Paladin Defender of Siberys II
Racial Toughness II
Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy I
Rogue Sneak Attack Training I
Fighter Intimidate I
Paladin Charisma II
Rogue Dexterity I
Fighter Strength I
Paladin Toughness III
Paladin Divine Might I

Yes, this build gives up DoS 3 for Rogue 2 and its evasion. The logic behind this was that Halflings prefer Dex and TWF wants 17 dex for Tier 3; High dex improves AC bonus and reflex saves, and high AC bonus needs light armor to be most beneficial. Light armor + higher reflex save = Evasion becomes viable.

Aside from that, this build is designed for DPS and hate generation, as I see no point in grabbing mob aggro with intimidate if I'm not gonna do enough damage to keep it. With all 3 aggro management methods in use, he should be able to hold aggro well.

Tomes are purely optional with this build, so I do not need to worry about getting a crucial tome for the core concept of my combat method. If I get a tome, it's a bonus(or can be saved for later).

So was taking 16pal/2ftr/2rog a wise choice for a tank? Or should I have stuck with a 18 pal/2 ftr or rog? Is DoS 3 worth more than Evasion?

I'm seeing why Humans are prefered for this class.

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #24 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 6:17pm
Print Post  

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint