Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic paladin questions (Read 1703 times)
cl2012
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

paladin questions
Aug 30th, 2010 at 10:05am
Print Post  
I read on the other forums that when you use paladin divine sacrifice or smite and you are dual wielding you attack with both weapons and get the smite/sacrifice bonus.

Is this still true with the dual wield nerf?  Also with double strike can you double strike smite and sacrifice like monks can doublestrike death touch?

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: paladin questions
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 10:12am
Print Post  
when u use ds/es, in the past 1 becomes 2 since the ds/es is applied to both the main and off. if i'm not wrong, with the new changes, your offhand offhand will not always proc it. however, zeal can make the main hand proc. if this is what i gathered, you can proc ds/es 3x if u really lucky

eladrin confirmed monks can get 3 tod if i recall correctly

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Yep, I saw 3x 300pt smites the other night in ToD (on a poor Orthon no less) while using my gf's Pally.

Saw quite a lot of double smites, hard to tell if they were from doublestrike (Zeal bonus) or the off hand. I think it was the off hand, as non crit smites I was seeing a lot of double 99dmg numbers.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 3:38am
Print Post  
In theory, a level 20 Paladin with all the involved two weapon fighting feats, while under the effects of their Zeal spell, can :

Use Divine Sacrifice/Exalted Smite and see its damage number, as well as their other tasty post-weapon damage numbers, pop up three times.  (Main Hand + Off Hand Proc + Main Hand Doublestrike Proc).

Main Hand - 100%
Off Hand Proc - 80%
Doublestrike Proc - 10%

With the above stipulations, and provided you hit the button at the right time in your attack sequence.

I still prefer the old method, where I didn't have to worry about "whiffing" with the off hand.  Double Crit-Smites were almost assured, and Zeal made me feel like I wasn't swinging through molasses.

Festivius/Hobadash/Kiarnan/McPhail ~ Eternal Wrath
Aneist/Oshkosch/Dalzeil ~ Silent Accord
Sarlona

IP Logged

Baddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 10:12am:
eladrin confirmed monks can get 3 tod if i recall correctly

I get 3 tod's often the odd 4 x tod's and have had 2 5 x tod's before on my monk. I hope they don't fix it.

IP Logged

Quikster
Titan Demolisher

n00balicious

Reply #5 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 12:10am
Print Post  
Landar wrote on Aug 31st, 2010 at 3:38am:
In theory, a level 20 Paladin with all the involved two weapon fighting feats, while under the effects of their Zeal spell, can :

Use Divine Sacrifice/Exalted Smite and see its damage number, as well as their other tasty post-weapon damage numbers, pop up three times.  (Main Hand + Off Hand Proc + Main Hand Doublestrike Proc).

Main Hand - 100%
Off Hand Proc - 80%
Doublestrike Proc - 10%

With the above stipulations, and provided you hit the button at the right time in your attack sequence.

I still prefer the old method, where I didn't have to worry about "whiffing" with the off hand.  Double Crit-Smites were almost assured, and Zeal made me feel like I wasn't swinging through molasses.

I agree. I've had 3 ds go off on my paly when she was still twf. But the old mechanic was better imo.

~The Quikmeister~

IP Logged

(.)
Waterworks Kobold

Ebading a van XD

Reply #6 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 5:12pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint