Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic True Reincarnating Aubri, my Pali-Rogue (Read 1436 times)
kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

True Reincarnating Aubri, my Pali-Rogue
Oct 7th, 2010 at 2:12am
Print Post  
I have just finished collecting enough shards/tokens to make my 20th epic token and have traded them in for a Heart for true reincarnating.

Aubri was originally a 28 point build, Halfling - 12 Paladin/8 Rogue. So the 34 points will be a nice bonus.

Now, as I have never TR'ed a char before, I thought I would ask some quick advice as to where to put points into the new build. I was very happy with how Aubri turned out, so other then tweaking the build points, I think I will reincarnate and make the same char/classes again.

Though I will probably reassign the Enhancement lines. In the pervious build I went Defender of Siberys II, and Assassin I. I have to admit to being very disapointed in the Assassin I line, the assassin focus was nice for the bonus to confirming crits, but the majority of creatures seem to be immune or be able to easily resist the special ability damage portion of the skill making me question the usefulness of the entire line. I am considering replacing it with Soverign Host, or Mechanic I.

Originally the 28 point build was as follows.

STR 19
DEX 11
CON 10
INT 10
WIS 12
CHA 14

I have in bank +2 tomes for STR, DEX, WIS and CHA. I am planning on purchasing +2 tomes for INT and CON before TRing as well.

What I was considering as a new build is this:

STR 22
DEX 12
CON 12
INT 14
WIS 8
CHA 14

I was told by others that for multi-classing a Pali-Rogue, that WIS can be a dump stat, which will cripple casting and until +WIS items are added/equipped, but the increase in INT will be much more useful then the additional SP from WIS later ingame.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

Kit
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2010 at 2:19am by kitsune_ko »  

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Re: True Reincarnating Aubri, my Pali-Rogue
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
This doesn't apply to you, unfortunately, but a character with at least 14 levels of Paladin can take their Holy Sword spell generated weapon with them when they TR.  Just make sure that you cast the spell (maybe even a few times if you want a Greatsword and a Maul, etc) and get your TR done quickly so that the Holy Sword doesn't evaporate while you're doing your TR character building (you get more than 15 minutes, though, so if you have a plan written down, you should have no problem).

The biggest things that I'd suggest for your particular situation is to start with an 8 Wis (6 if WF) and don't worry about missing out on spells since you have absolute crap for spell points at level 4-6 anyway.  Once you hit level 7 and eat a +2 Tome, you'll have all the wis you need with Tome + item.  I'd actually make the exact same reccomendation to a pure Paladin, by the way.

The second thing that I'd reccomend comes in two parts - you don't have enough skill points per level to take care of traps, so don't even bother.  Since you aren't going to take care of traps, don't worry too much about Int.  a 10 Int is nice so that you don't have a penalty to your skill points, but any point going to Int is a point that isn't going to Str, Con, Dex or Cha.

You need 15 Dex +2 Tome to take GTWF.  You need 14 or preferrably 16 Cha to take the Divine Might line to a decent level.  You need 14 Cha so that you don't die in a light breeze.  That doesn't leave a lot of points left for Strength and Int even in a 34 point build, so don't put too much into Int.

My last thought is that the last two Rogue levels you took might be nice, but level 4 Paladin spells are amazing.  Holy Sword means you don't have to craft Greensteel for any raid bosses and you can always summon up a Holy Sword Maul to take Skeletons apart without bothering to craft a Pos/Pos/Pos weapon.  Also, Zeal is an absolute delight.  Doublestrike is not quite as impressive as the 10% speed boost used to be, but a double Smite is a thing of true beauty.

I've heard rumors that 4th level spells beyond Holy Sword and Zeal exist, but I don't think they have much credibility.  Smiley

fnord

IP Logged

Dythan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
You can lesser rez 2 of your rogue levels and go pally, get the holysword, and then TR.

Dythan
Khyber
Epik Poo

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 3:19am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Oct 7th, 2010 at 1:03pm:
This doesn't apply to you, unfortunately, but a character with at least 14 levels of Paladin can take their Holy Sword spell generated weapon with them when they TR.  Just make sure that you cast the spell (maybe even a few times if you want a Greatsword and a Maul, etc) and get your TR done quickly so that the Holy Sword doesn't evaporate while you're doing your TR character building (you get more than 15 minutes, though, so if you have a plan written down, you should have no problem).

The biggest things that I'd suggest for your particular situation is to start with an 8 Wis (6 if WF) and don't worry about missing out on spells since you have absolute crap for spell points at level 4-6 anyway.  Once you hit level 7 and eat a +2 Tome, you'll have all the wis you need with Tome + item.  I'd actually make the exact same reccomendation to a pure Paladin, by the way.

The second thing that I'd reccomend comes in two parts - you don't have enough skill points per level to take care of traps, so don't even bother.  Since you aren't going to take care of traps, don't worry too much about Int.  a 10 Int is nice so that you don't have a penalty to your skill points, but any point going to Int is a point that isn't going to Str, Con, Dex or Cha.

You need 15 Dex +2 Tome to take GTWF.  You need 14 or preferrably 16 Cha to take the Divine Might line to a decent level.  You need 14 Cha so that you don't die in a light breeze.  That doesn't leave a lot of points left for Strength and Int even in a 34 point build, so don't put too much into Int.

My last thought is that the last two Rogue levels you took might be nice, but level 4 Paladin spells are amazing.  Holy Sword means you don't have to craft Greensteel for any raid bosses and you can always summon up a Holy Sword Maul to take Skeletons apart without bothering to craft a Pos/Pos/Pos weapon.  Also, Zeal is an absolute delight.  Doublestrike is not quite as impressive as the 10% speed boost used to be, but a double Smite is a thing of true beauty.

I've heard rumors that 4th level spells beyond Holy Sword and Zeal exist, but I don't think they have much credibility.  Smiley

If only they would introduce all the paladin spells from 3.5 PnP.  :/

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #4 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 9:45am
Print Post  

Well, thanks for the advice all, I think then instead of 14 INT, I will put 10 and split the 4 points between STR and CHA.

I will also have to seriously consider going 14/6 for a build this time instead of my 12/8. Though loosing 1D6 sneak damage and improved uncanny dodge will certainly hurt, I rather enjoy the fact that between the halfling pali/rogue bilities and uncanny dodge I can pretty much run though any trap out there without getting hurt (except epic as I have found out, at least the stupid House P illusion ones).

I will TR tonight, thankfully I level slow, so the level split is something I can sleep on for a few days.

Thanks again everyone

Kit

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:11am
Print Post  
I am too tired to read the replies of fellow members above mine, but I sincerely hope you did not TR already. You're 12/8 build is a gimp I'm sorry. I am part of an organization of improving players on ddo globally, and at times harsh, constructive criticism is needed. I will make this short and very vague. If you like paladins and want to make one, make it an 18/2 palimonk, or full 20 paladin. Anything else (virtually) is going to be gimped. And when I say virtually, it's to hopefully fish out all the noobs who will comment on my post just to try and prove me wrong so they can sleep better at night by saying:

"Nu-Uh CubeNerd, you can make a 14/4/2 that's a paladin/...[insert 3 page nerd rant of unnecessary and completely complex/complicated, raid-gear-looted-out nonsense build]....so hah. Learn the game Cube Loser"

Hopefully you will choose to ignore such comments. PM me if you would like me to actually provide you with a useful Paladin build. Paladins can be really good DPS....CAN BE....if made properly. Otherwise you'll end up as a sword and board, bastard wielding, paladin who is going to sit in front of Harry on part 4 of shroud and intimidate/block him with your +3 mithril shield.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:12am by TheCube »  

stainer wrote on Feb 6th, 2012 at 10:33am:
Actually I am the IT/QA Manager for a medium sized company. I do pretty well for myself. I have an outdoor bar with a TV. I HAVE A FUCKING FLATSCREEN OUTSIDE MOTHERFUCKER. OUT FUCKING SIDE. O U T S I D E. .

Nerdraging at it's finest Wink

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #6 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 6:01pm
Print Post  

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint