Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Max limits for fortification,will saves and AC. (Read 3167 times)
Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Max limits for fortification,will saves and AC.
Jan 19th, 2011 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Trying to decide if this is a good option for greensteel on my monk? I'm not sure if this will max out my stats and be a waste of resources or make a Greensteel item that may still benefit me at 20. As always expert opinion is appreciated, so please don't hold back. Cool

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Re: Max limits for fortification,will saves and AC.
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Harry wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 9:08pm:
Trying to decide if this is a good option for greensteel on my monk? I'm not sure if this will max out my stats and be a waste of resources or make a Greensteel item that may still benefit me at 20. As always expert opinion is appreciated, so please don't hold back. Cool

I believe that the +5 Fort/Reflex/Will saves bonus from a Shroud item do not stack with the +5 Everything save bonus that you can get from Dragontouched Armor.

That would make the Shroud +saves item not very useful, but the +exceptional Saves could still be used - even if it isn't an especially attractive option for a item.

Edit: changed "weapon" to "item" since it's the items that have the +save stuff, not the weapons.  Momentary brain failure.
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2011 at 10:36pm by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Ok, new angle. I'm currently using the white dragon scale armor. This armor gives +6 to AC and increases fortification 75 percent. What if I made a +6 reflex with +1&2 exceptional reflex and 20 percent permablur and displacement clicky? Does everything here stack? Is it worth the resources? As always thankyou for any input.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #3 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Harry wrote on Jan 20th, 2011 at 8:36pm:
Ok, new angle. I'm currently using the white dragon scale armor. This armor gives +6 to AC and increases fortification 75 percent. What if I made a +6 reflex with +1&2 exceptional reflex and 20 percent permablur and displacement clicky? Does everything here stack? Is it worth the resources? As always thankyou for any input.

Epic Jetzdictsxfgsda bracers give +8 armor that does not stack with armor and it gives +25% healing amp in Fire stance.  You want that.  Lots and lots of things give 100% fortification.  75% fortification is not enough unless you are Warforged for the free 25% fortification. 

As far as the reflex saves go, Monks have pretty spectacular saves to start.  With your Monk saves + your Dex + 2 luck from Head of Good Fortune + 4 from Greater Heroism +5 resistance, what will your saving throws be?

I honestly don't know what end game DC's are for area of effect spells and I don't know what Epic DCs are, but I do know that you have to know the starting number if you want to decide whether another +1 and +2 exceptional reflex save is (A) necessary or (B) sufficient.

Also, lots of things can give you Blur.  I don't think that I'd spend 24 Large Shroud ingredients until I at least had a +45 HP, +6 Exceptional skill bonus to Concentration, 100% fortification MinII Greensteel item.

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?item=helm&cr...

Edit:  I should mention that I'm just parroting back advice that other people have consistantly given me.  I really don't know if that exceptional reflex save item would be worthwhile for you.  I *do* know that you'll be glad to have the MinII HP +6 Exceptional Concentration skill item on your Monk no matter what.
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2011 at 9:46pm by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #4 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Without more info we can't give good advice...

What race?
What kind of monk?
What are your stats?
You mention AC do you have enough to matter?
Go you have any GS already?
What's your HP?

etc...

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Human race
Light monk
Already have 45 hitpoint greensteel bracers w/strength mod.
407 hp unbuffed in earth stance
I have +6 constitution item from tod
Will save, reflex in low 20's

IP Logged

Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Oh yeah, AC is 42.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #7 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Harry wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 7:44am:
Human race
Light monk
Oh yeah, AC is 42.

Bad news time...

Bracers is an awful slot for a greensteel item on a monk.  Epic Jizz is a really nice item for a Monk. 
Good news...  a 42 AC is meaningless so you can wear any robe and you don't care about the AC from +8 bracers.
By Strength Mod Bracers assume triple strength exception skills bonus so a Slay Living or Corrosive Salt Guard item? Not my first choice but not horrible...

You do have a Heavy Fort Item?  You never really answered this.

I would switch that White Dragon to Dragontouched.

Honestly, on most melee builds I'm not enamored with a second greensteel item.  With the Epic items and ToD sets, giving better benefits.

You could build another guard or a trip negative immunity item. 

Do you plan on TRing at anytime?  If so I would consider what you want to do with the build in the future.

Edit:
One other thing, it's a lot easier to give advice when you say, "This is my build and this is what I want to do with it. "  There is no one answer especially for monks because they can vary greatly by build.
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2011 at 12:24pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #8 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 12:10pm:
Epic Jizz is a really nice item  

I knew all it would take was time for it to surface. Grin

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Dythan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 9:29am
Print Post  
If you don't have a mabar cloak, I'd reccommend moving your 45hp there as a Min2.  Gets you your +6 concentration, Heavy fort and 2 stoneskin clickies.

Dythan
Khyber
Epik Poo

IP Logged

Gir the Taco King
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Feb 23rd, 2011 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Harry wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 7:44am:
Human race
Light monk

This is where I mention that my LS GM Fire/Wind, Shintao III, Void IV Drow Monk has 502 hp picking her nose in Wind Stance, right?  Grin

My Oneskin lies over my Twoskin
My Twoskin lies over my Three
My Threeskin lies over my Foreskin
Oh peel back my Foreskin for me!

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #11 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 6:26pm
Print Post  

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint