Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Warchanter Help (Read 6150 times)
Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Warchanter Help
Mar 29th, 2011 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
My WC is at a crossroads atm.

Can't decide between 12/6/2, 16/2/2 or 14/6 on the split.

HElf WC, THF. Debating staying on the Bard/Ftr/Barb path or going Bard/Kensei with/out the Barbarian splash for Rage when necessary, like on boss fights etc.

Anyone have more WC Bard experience than I and wanna help?

I'm going for a somewhat beefy backup tank type.

Saves are quite good for a Bard since I took Pally Dil.

HP is a bit low, but i'm undergeared atm too.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: Warchanter Help
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
My WC is 16/2/2 bard/fighter/barb and warforged. He's pretty awesome. Originally he was 18/2 bard/fighter, but the bonuses from those 2 barb levels are pretty sweet. Especially in fights where I can rage + barb rage + madstone + madstone proc. He is within spitting distance of 800 hp at that point, and he has decent DPS and a self buffed intim of 68. Handy off tank. Or main tank, when boots aren't an issue (ToD)

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 29th, 2011 at 5:58pm:
My WC is 16/2/2 bard/fighter/barb and warforged. He's pretty awesome. Originally he was 18/2 bard/fighter, but the bonuses from those 2 barb levels are pretty sweet. Especially in fights where I can rage + barb rage + madstone + madstone proc. He is within spitting distance of 800 hp at that point, and he has decent DPS and a self buffed intim of 68. Handy off tank. Or main tank, when boots aren't an issue (ToD)

That's what I'm going for, but went HElf for a couple reasons.

Pally Dil lets you add CHA to saves. sitting at 15 with a 12/2/1 split, I sitting, unbuffed, at 26/20/18 with Boots of the Innocent on. Only have Pally Dil at lvl 2 atm, so i only get to add 4 points of CHA mod to it.

Also, UMD is a life saver. Been running with Jen as he lvls Lacer this life and I've played Healer via scrolls a couple times on Elite when it started getting harry.

I'm tempted to switch around some class lvls with a +3 Heart, but not sold yet.

800 HP with gear sounds pretty sick to me. I'm only at 325 for the moment with 16 Base CON, +2 Tome and +6 item, Minos, 2 toughness feats and 3 Toughness APs.

She hits like a truck too. Seeing first number pop anywhere for 45-60 with songs and Rage (caster and Barb)

It's a lot of fun, but I'm still looking on ways to improve it.

Edit: currently at 31 Intimidate (18 ranks, +8 CHA mod, +4 WC 2, +1 (unknown).
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2011 at 7:19pm by »  

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Screenshot of +to hit and dmg, song buffed, hasted and raged.

1d12+37 damage

+32-42 to hit

Is this good?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 3:34am
Print Post  
Bullshit.  Thats what it is.  Go 20 bard.  DO IT!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 5:43am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 30th, 2011 at 3:34am:
Bullshit.  Thats what it is.  Go 20 bard.  DO IT!

eff that.

I only believe in 2 types of pures: Monks and Casters. And even those are subject to splashing.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #6 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 7:07am
Print Post  
Does your toon have a past life as a barb?  I ask because that seems to be where most of the power of that build kicks in.

I've considered going primary barb levels on soultrainbro (now ElKabong).  The problem that leaves me nailbiting is the possibility of the barb past life bonuses to rage getting the nerfbat.  My capped bard is pure 20.  On the surface it looks like you are out dps'ing him.  I'll have to check when the server goes back up.  That will give you something to compare to.

Ask Breaken though, I specifically recall him sharing a bit regarding his bard and the high str/con he has on him.  That bard is a monster...

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #7 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Mar 30th, 2011 at 7:07am:
Does your toon have a past life as a barb?  I ask because that seems to be where most of the power of that build kicks in.

I've considered going primary barb levels on soultrainbro (now ElKabong).  The problem that leaves me nailbiting is the possibility of the barb past life bonuses to rage getting the nerfbat.  My capped bard is pure 20.  On the surface it looks like you are out dps'ing him.  I'll have to check when the server goes back up.  That will give you something to compare to.

Ask Breaken though, I specifically recall him sharing a bit regarding his bard and the high str/con he has on him.  That bard is a monster...

I have a pure 20 bard following the Anthios888 build. It does ok. I agree with Madcow though, I don't think you will find many bards that lay the pain like Breakens.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Mar 30th, 2011 at 7:07am:

With the gear layout I'm looking into, this guy will be ridiculous also. Only reason I went HElf over HOrc was for the extra saves. Neither will have more HP than the other =P

Also, with the change coming down the pipes with how the Barb PL actually works, I won't be getting it. If I do take this guy through for a PL, it'll be for a Pally PL for +3 to-hit/dmg. I already can fit in extend, so I'm set there.

The real problem I'm having is between the 12/6/2 or the 14/6. On the 14/6 I lose Barb Rage but I get another +1 to my Inspire Courage. with 12/6/2, I get WC2, Kensei 1 and a minimal, but highly effective Rage for Harry, Sullo, Lailat, and every other boss in the game where you can get by with ~4 minutes of Rage. Only Horoth is a pain, but this guy probably won't hit the magic 700 HP mark to tank him, so I'm ok with that.

stainer wrote on Mar 30th, 2011 at 9:02am:
I have a pure 20 bard following the Anthios888 build. It does ok. I agree with Madcow though, I don't think you will find many bards that lay the pain like Breakens.

Never ran with Breaken apart from this one time....but you all know how that turned out Tongue
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2011 at 4:31pm by »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #9 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That's what I'm going for, but went HElf for a couple reasons.

Pally Dil lets you add CHA to saves. sitting at 15 with a 12/2/1 split, I sitting, unbuffed, at 26/20/18 with Boots of the Innocent on. Only have Pally Dil at lvl 2 atm, so i only get to add 4 points of CHA mod to it.

Also, UMD is a life saver. Been running with Jen as he lvls Lacer this life and I've played Healer via scrolls a couple times on Elite when it started getting harry.

I'm tempted to switch around some class lvls with a +3 Heart, but not sold yet.

800 HP with gear sounds pretty sick to me. I'm only at 325 for the moment with 16 Base CON, +2 Tome and +6 item, Minos, 2 toughness feats and 3 Toughness APs.

She hits like a truck too. Seeing first number pop anywhere for 45-60 with songs and Rage (caster and Barb)

It's a lot of fun, but I'm still looking on ways to improve it.

Edit: currently at 31 Intimidate (18 ranks, +8 CHA mod, +4 WC 2, +1 (unknown).

I also hit 41 self buffed UMD :p But I also lesser'd out the THF feats when they were worthless and haven't had the points to re-lesser them back in, so I have SF UMD and extra toughnesses. Pretty sure my HP hits 771 with all my rages. That's including 45 hp from shroud, a +3 tome and +1 from the ship. No SFL, so that's 10 more if I could slot it somewhere.

I'm at +59 damage currently fully raid buffed at level 20. Can't recall my to-hit, but it's pretty sweet.

One caveat I need to make is that his exceptional con is on his GS axe. He's old and I was a (bigger) noob back when I built it so I thought "I'll always be using my min II GA!" Would have been nice to slotted something different there. Oh wells. And since I got fucked on my 20th ToD 2 months ago, I haven't been back  Cry

Standing around with 0 buffs and his GS axe, he's 611 hp, 36 str, 33 con.

Gustavi on Sarlona, if you're interested in myDDOing him to deny from your raids.

I'd LOOOVE to have a barb past life on him, but I'm also afraid of the nerf bat to the past life feat. Hope this helps some.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 30th, 2011 at 5:32pm:
I also hit 41 self buffed UMD :p But I also lesser'd out the THF feats when they were worthless and haven't had the points to re-lesser them back in, so I have SF UMD and extra toughnesses. Pretty sure my HP hits 771 with all my rages. That's including 45 hp from shroud, a +3 tome and +1 from the ship. No SFL, so that's 10 more if I could slot it somewhere.

I'm at +59 damage currently fully raid buffed at level 20. Can't recall my to-hit, but it's pretty sweet.

One caveat I need to make is that his exceptional con is on his GS axe. He's old and I was a (bigger) noob back when I built it so I thought "I'll always be using my min II GA!" Would have been nice to slotted something different there. Oh wells. And since I got fucked on my 20th ToD 2 months ago, I haven't been back  Cry

Standing around with 0 buffs and his GS axe, he's 611 hp, 36 str, 33 con.

Gustavi on Sarlona, if you're interested in myDDOing him to deny from your raids.

I'd LOOOVE to have a barb past life on him, but I'm also afraid of the nerf bat to the past life feat. Hope this helps some.

You could pick up Pally, keep the same gearset, then go back to Bard again too =P

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #11 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You could pick up Pally, keep the same gearset, then go back to Bard again too =P

Past Life Paladin (a.k.a Holy Sword spell) also makes leveling through the early levels a breeze for every life after that.  Not that it's all that hard even without Past Life: Holy Sword.

fnord

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Mar 30th, 2011 at 8:33pm:
Past Life Paladin (a.k.a Holy Sword spell) also makes leveling through the early levels a breeze for every life after that.  Not that it's all that hard even without Past Life: Holy Sword.

It's nice though...basically +6 STR for a lot longer than the Kensei boosts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Looking to gear him out like a barbarian, ie mark chain, SOS, etc.

My issue here is, how many abishai pieces should I be looking at?

Thinking about 3 piece, but Idk how useful the claw set will be here, seeing as I won't be a maintank unless I figure out how to really pump up the HP... could also slot greensteel items as needed and just fill it out around. Any thoughts on tod rings? Looking between the usual ravager/shintao and a couple other ideas, like the warchanter ring or morgana.

Also, might have to tr into HOrc now... all the extra dmg potential is sexy as fuck.
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2011 at 8:22am by »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #14 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 8:23am
Print Post  
ravager set
epic gem of many facets
epic claw gloves
epic ravens sight
epic shintao set
epic charged gauntlets
epic envenomed cloak
epic boots of corrosion/epic helm of frost- either or, i would go for the helm though I think

That should pretty much take care of all your dmg needs, even a little to-hit as well.

EDIT:

Yes, go h-orc.  Four str and four 2-handed dmg.  +6 dmg and +2 to-hit.  Then +3 for power attack.  You get 6 dmg and +2 attack over a WF.  Less hp, but I am sure you can manage.  Then if you get the rage and two handed fighting enhancements...

« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2011 at 8:26am by Epoch »  

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #15 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
Screenshot of +to hit and dmg, song buffed, hasted and raged.

1d12+37 damage

+32-42 to hit

Is this good?

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae20/nick22490/ScreenShot00105-1.jpg

I had a chance to log into ElKabongg this am to run a VON.  With his songs, rage, haste he's sitting at 3d6 +35 damage and +50 to hit. 

I'd say it's comparable...  But doing a barb past life and throwing the enhanced rage into the mix will bring you close to what you are looking for.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #16 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 10:59am:
ElKabongg

Great name.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #17 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 11:04am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 11:01am:
Great name.

ONLY if he's using the Mad Lute as his weapon of choice!

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #18 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
I had considered going horc for the smexy + thf damage and more str. But I REALLY like him as a WF. The immunities are pretty sweet.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 8:23am:
ravager set
epic gem of many facets
epic claw gloves
epic ravens sight
epic shintao set
epic charged gauntlets
epic envenomed cloak
epic boots of corrosion/epic helm of frost- either or, i would go for the helm though I think

That should pretty much take care of all your dmg needs, even a little to-hit as well.

EDIT:

Yes, go h-orc.  Four str and four 2-handed dmg.  +6 dmg and +2 to-hit.  Then +3 for power attack.  You get 6 dmg and +2 attack over a WF.  Less hp, but I am sure you can manage.  Then if you get the rage and two handed fighting enhancements...

I was thinking similar, but I don't get why the Raven's Sight with Many Facets. Claw Bracers are quite sick for the +2 Exceptional CON, and I was thinking a GS goggles for HP. Like I said, this guy will probably get geared more like a Barb than a Bard...

Madcow430 wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 10:59am:
I had a chance to log into ElKabongg this am to run a VON.  With his songs, rage, haste he's sitting at 3d6 +35 damage and +50 to hit. 

I'd say it's comparable...  But doing a barb past life and throwing the enhanced rage into the mix will bring you close to what you are looking for.

Thanks for the comparison. It sounds really close to what I'm looking for. I agree about the Barb PL, but with the possible nerf drawing ever closer and the Pally PL already being WAI....

I'll be planning on using GS Falchions on this guy though, what with the changes to helpless change. More Crits > Bigger Crits to me, but if someone runs the numbers, I'll look at it.

rest wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 1:01pm:
I had considered going horc for the smexy + thf damage and more str. But I REALLY like him as a WF. The immunities are pretty sweet.

Bards can cast FOM and scroll restore for negs. Other than those 2 things, I don't think a WF is a better choice here, but to each their own. Self-Recon through scrolls is cool too lol.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #20 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Bards can cast FOM and scroll restore for negs. Other than those 2 things, I don't think a WF is a better choice here, but to each their own. Self-Recon through scrolls is cool too lol.

Heal scrolls actually hit me for more than recon since I have decent healing amp with my epic claw gloves and tempest DT.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 6:07pm:
Heal scrolls actually hit me for more than recon since I have decent healing amp with my epic claw gloves and tempest DT.

Nice.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #22 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 1:05am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 6:07pm:

we need repair amp

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 2:54am
Print Post  
JC wrote on Apr 1st, 2011 at 1:05am:
we need repair amp

/signed.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #24 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 3:31am
Print Post  
Quote:
I was thinking similar, but I don't get why the Raven's Sight with Many Facets. Claw Bracers are quite sick for the +2 Exceptional CON, and I was thinking a GS goggles for HP. Like I said, this guy will probably get geared more like a Barb than a Bard...

Ravens sight with many facets to keep power attack on at all times.  Some epics on a bard  you will need to turn it off, like the efreets in EV6.  +2 exc con can go on a ring.

Thanks for the comparison. It sounds really close to what I'm looking for. I agree about the Barb PL, but with the possible nerf drawing ever closer and the Pally PL already being WAI....

I'll be planning on using GS Falchions on this guy though, what with the changes to helpless change. More Crits > Bigger Crits to me, but if someone runs the numbers, I'll look at it.

Comment

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint