Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic May Giveaway - Marketing 101 (Read 575 times)
notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

May Giveaway - Marketing 101
May 16th, 2011 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Does anyone else remember that supposedly the DDO Store could not offer stuff for ZERO points and that is why stuff was one point?  This was used as an excuse in 2010.

May 2011 comes around and they are offering stuff for 0 points.  The bug was known before but forgotten about for the start of the May giveaway.

I would like to know how many people are actually spending 1 tp for these mostly common items.  My guess, the Vault users are not doing it.

Things I did get for ZERO Turbine Points during May Give Away
May 5 Lesser Anti Beholder Crystal
May 4 Scroll of Mass Aid  can be bought in game but for free I will do it
May 3 Haste Potions can be purchased in game but free is free

----------------------------
Things I would have purchased but I was on a mini Las Vegas vacation
May 2 Light SP Potions 
May 1 3 Tokens of the Traveler to do the egg hunt and maybe get cool loot(rare but possible, pointless for low levels to do)

--------------------------------------------------
Things I bought for one Turbine Point

May 9 Jewel of Fortune - once again I was suckered into buying these in hopes they help my haul.  I am sure they won't.

---------------------------------
Things I did not buy for one Turbine Point

May 16 10% Resist Fire Potions  can be bought in game for very little platinum, very common to find
May 15 Bell of Opening secret door clickie or knock spell
May 14 Remove Curse Potion   can be bought in game for very little platinum or use collectibles, or found in game
May 13 Spooky mask 13 points  this was a special Friday the 13th item
May 12 Lesser Slayer Count Boost  new item, Voice of the Master did give a 5% boost
May 11 Light Heal Potion   can be bought in game for very little platinum or use collectibles or found
May 10 Light Heal Rod I think this can be used by all characters and can be cast on other characters
May 9 I bought this item, see above
May 8 Trap Parts
May 7 Bouquet of Flowers
May 6 Guild Airship Beacon

What pattern do I see?  Since it now costs 1 TP, I only check twitter to see what the item is.   If I have to pay
all I do is check twitter and not visit the DDO Store.  By not visiting the DDO Store at all the possibility
I use any turbine points has become ZERO.

Things I might have gone after for FREE would have been
Bell of Opening to see how it works
Lesser Slayer Boost to see how it works
Light Heal Rod not sure if I would have to waste an inventory slot
Bouquet of Flowers as long as I could send it to someone else I would have done it
Guild Airship Beacon

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: May Giveaway - Marketing 101
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2011 at 8:47am
Print Post  
I think they got around the 1 TP limit by putting in the coupons.   If you use those coupon codes for the free items, you will notice that the cost of those items is still listed in the interface when you buy it.  Heck, I was scared to buy my first free thing with a code because it looked it still cost 50 TP. 

So, I'm not saying they weren't lying to us at the time they said they needed a minimum 1 TP, but I am saying that perhaps they found a work-around after saying that.

I know in my company (software development), we'll initially say "No, you can't do that with the program", but then later after some brainstorming, we'll come up with a method to what they wanted to do, but perhaps in a different way.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Re: May Giveaway - Marketing 101
Reply #2 - May 16th, 2011 at 9:54am
Print Post  
if I bought anything from that list, it'd be the Bells.  I simply don't have the patience to wait for someone to come unlock a door in VoN 5.

...I guess that just promotes piking, but whatever.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint