Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Anyone else trying out Pathfinder? (Read 7829 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Anyone else trying out Pathfinder?
Reply #150 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 6:30am
Print Post  
Invelios wrote on Oct 15th, 2011 at 6:26am:
I would have wiped the floor with you in under 5 minutes, unless I was having fun with the character, then I might just let it happen to see what you do Smiley

I ended up abusing my power expanding my realm and sending avatars of myself all over the place.  Eventually he got fed up with me and said, "Ao punishes you to death."  Just to be a smartass I said, "I am a lich, I am already dead." He said, "You know what I mean jackass, thanks for ruining my campaign."

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #151 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Tobril wrote on Oct 12th, 2011 at 11:49am:
First useful comment I've seen come out of you.

Hi Welcome

GFY.

Cor wrote on Oct 12th, 2011 at 12:58pm:
So, Squelch, I'm curious, what RPGs do you like?  You don't seem to like 3.5 much, and clearly hate PF and 4E.  Are you a fan of the older editions?  Or other systems entirely?

It is possible to point out the flaws in a system without hating that system. Now if a system has nothing but flaws like PF and 4th edition then I hate it. But if it is fucked up yet still playable then I can work with that, while still being honest about the flaws. 3.5 meets this criteria. Older editions are just fucking stupid. The whole reason to buy rulebooks is to have rules. If they come back at you with some herpity derp do it yourself, then fuck you for making me waste my money when I could have just done it myself for free. That's what all of the pre 3rd edition versions do. Not to mention the part of the game that does have rules only has them to set up some DM vs player thing. Despite what I said to troll the mouth breathing fuckwits, I am not actually a fan of that.

Non D&D systems are both more fucked up than 3.5, and have a player population that is only slightly higher than zero. That means learning shitty rules, for games that no one actually plays. I like game mechanics and optimizing and all, but that is because I want to actually use the knowledge that I have obtained.

Not to mention that a very high number of systems seem to be based around highly improbable, retarded shit happening to make your characters look like incompetent fuckwits. And the more they are supposed to not be incompetent fuckwits, the more likely the system is to have such dynamics in play.

Epoch wrote on Oct 13th, 2011 at 11:55am:
I love you already, I hate DMing.  I spend half the time trying to tell people, " I see what you are doing, but I am not like you guys.  If you want to min max your characters, I will min-max the mobs.  Your choice, choose wisely."  Funny thing is, you think they would threaten me with the same.  Sad thing is, I would probably outsmart them.

Heh. Unless they're optimizing something already top tier, I don't really give a fuck if they optimize. Especially if they're playing something inherently weak. I only play that card if they try to do something that truly is high end or TO style bullshit.

It's funny though because I'll read other people's accounts of their games, and they'll be freaking out over stupid, laughable shit. Like "oh noes, 5d6 damage at level 8, whatever shall I do" shit. And they aren't being sarcastic. But then, I find stupid people very entertaining. Laughter is the best medicine.

I also usually end up DMing, mostly because it's so fucking hard to find anyone else that can do it competently.

Also, lol FR.

And hey look, the fuckwit slinked back.

Cleavon wrote on Oct 14th, 2011 at 6:43pm:
I love being trolled, obviously.

Squelch, go sit and fucking spin man.  If your DM is a piece of shit, and you are a piece of shit, your game is a piece of shit.

Bullshit to English Translation: Herpity derp, if you claim that a worthless system is not worthless, then you and your DM and your game is worthless.

Quote:
It is obvious by the way you look at Pen and paper games. 

However, your internet troll skillz are pretty legendary, so I'll give you that.

Good DM, plus HIGHLY improved melee feats = Better.  YES spell casters are still broke as fuck.  If you still want to abuse them go right ahead.  My DM is smarter than yours obviously.

Bullshit to English translation: I think that massive nerfs mean highly improved. I am also still full of the herpaderpies.

PF melee class = worthless piece of shit that does nothing but occupy a square on the battle map, and maybe helps lift the enemy's sacks before they slaughter him. Any even halfway decent 3.5 melee character runs circles around the gimpfuck. Not that they're very good either but Jesus H Fucking Christ, how do you fuck up something that has almost nowhere to go but up? They fucked up MONKS, which have literally nowhere to go but up.

But then, it's made by SKR. The guy who thinks it's perfectly fine to make things that are completely useless, but don't seem completely useless, so that you will be tricked into taking them and having a completely useless character. And supposedly that makes you a better roleplayer. Did I mention that gamebook writers are paid by the word? His herpaderpies makes a lot more sense when you consider that.

You do get a small amount of credit for one thing. Your repeated claims that Pathfailure does not suck upon an entire barrel of cocks with a good DM. I am fairly sure that a master chef could make a shit sandwich not entirely taste like shit. If, however I procured the services of a master culinary worker I would not ask him to try to make the inedible edible. I would ask him to make his finest steaks. Along the same lines, I'm not going to waste time with shitty games. I am going to play good games.

Siver wrote on Oct 15th, 2011 at 3:53am:
(The above is purely sarcasm, coming from someone who prefers to play a flower sniffing role player for PnP games.)

GFY. Cheesy

Quote:
Also, if you don't mind my asking, how are the melee feats highly improved in Pathfinder? I only read through it a little, so don't remember much. For example, I think power attack goes from taking off the first +5 attack bonus, to taking off one every 4 points or some, so only pure melee classes (and clerics with divine might, or wizards with whatever the tensor's transformation is called in that system) Rogues get dicked.

The answer is they aren't, and he is a delusional fuck. PA being capped at 5 is a DDO thing. In D&D it is capped at your BAB in 3.5, and is nerfed to a much smaller number in Pathfailure. Pathfailure Rogues are useless even when compared to the others.

Quote:
Trip, sunder, disarm are made nearly impossible thanks to the combat defense thing, which sounds like a good idea at first, but when I read over it a little more, kind of felt like it fell flat.

Yes. That and tripping itself was nerfed, in addition to reducing the chance of tripping someone. The others don't matter as they weren't worth doing anyways.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. Feats are awesome. Getting an extra 3 feats or so is always nice. Of course, it also pretty much knocks humans out of the game, unless you want a single specific stat without any penalties. Even then, better to go with half elf and take the pitiful bonuses they bring.

Getting more feats is useful if feats remain the same or get better. Getting more feats is not necessarily a bonus if feats got weaker. If you are a caster, you are in the former group. If not, you are in the latter group. Humans get a +2 to whatever, so you play a caster and put it in your casting stat and you laugh all the way to the bank.

Quote:
But, the point I was trying to get to, could you explain the improved combat feats to us please? I haven't seen anybody defending them in this thread yet, so if I simply missed it, a link or page number would be wonderful. Thank you!

Yes, amuse us with your lies and basket weaver bullshit dodges.

And that is what he has done.

Cleavon wrote on Oct 15th, 2011 at 5:55am:
Oh, and about this part.  He is fine to play the way he wants, he is just king of the trolls.  Its obvious by the way he tries to look down on people and spout as much lack of information as anyone else.

Simply saying "I CAN HAZ POWER GAME IN 3.5 BUT NOT LIKE I WANT IN OTHER SYSTEM HERPA DERP" doesn't help the conversation in any way and is just dramatic posturing to provoke emotional response.  Lame but effective.

Hey look, more herpaderpies.

Powergaming the shit out of Pathfailure is incredibly simple.

You put 18 in your casting stat (you'd do this anyways).
You put 16 into Con (you'd only get 14 in 3.5, so hey buffs).
You take your free 1 HP/level from HD size increases.
You take your free 1 HP/level because the only reason to ever have more than one class as a caster was to PRC and get casting + other things. Except you do that anyways, so now it's more free bonuses.
You put your free +2 racial bonus into your casting stat.
You keep raising that casting stat, getting half cost items as needed to keep boosting it, and you take all the free DC boosting things the game gives you for free, and you take Persistent Spell in feat or rod form.

And then you make every mother fucking thing roll 2 20s in a row or lose, in every fight, ever. Until the end of fucking time. And if you want to do something else, you're completely worthless. Wow, what a great game. No wonder you are so insistent it takes an amazing DM to make it remotely usable. But you know, you might get better results if you work with a game that is not entirely worthless. Just a thought.

Epoch wrote on Oct 15th, 2011 at 6:25am:

Son I am disappoint.

Shitty stock stats? Easily beatable pre epic.

PS: If you want the breakdown on why Cleavage is fucking retarded for thinking those feats are actually good, I posted a breakdown earlier in the thread.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #152 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Oct 15th, 2011 at 9:41am:
Heh. Unless they're optimizing something already top tier, I don't really give a fuck if they optimize. Especially if they're playing something inherently weak. I only play that card if they try to do something that truly is high end or TO style bullshit.

It's funny though because I'll read other people's accounts of their games, and they'll be freaking out over stupid, laughable shit. Like "oh noes, 5d6 damage at level 8, whatever shall I do" shit. And they aren't being sarcastic. But then, I find stupid people very entertaining. Laughter is the best medicine.

No, they go on the Character op forums and try to make pun pun or some other stupid build.  Like no one sees that coming from a mile away.

Son I am disappoint.

Shitty stock stats? Easily beatable pre epic.

Not stock stats, he said he found a higher level version.  It was supposed to be some epic god build - obviously only according to him.  Meh, DC's aren't something he invested in I think.  To be honest, I wouldn't doubt if he used the stock build and just increased the stats without worrying about anything else.  Would explain why my challenge wasn't challenging.

Not to mention, what kind of god of the dead gets overrun by the dead? I mean seriously....

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #153 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Oct 15th, 2011 at 10:04am:
No, they go on the Character op forums and try to make pun pun or some other stupid build.  Like no one sees that coming from a mile away.

That would be TO style bullshit.

Quote:
Not stock stats, he said he found a higher level version.  It was supposed to be some epic god build - obviously only according to him.  Meh, DC's aren't something he invested in I think.  To be honest, I wouldn't doubt if he used the stock build and just increased the stats without worrying about anything else.  Would explain why my challenge wasn't challenging.

Not to mention, what kind of god of the dead gets overrun by the dead? I mean seriously....

Because as we all know, more numbers means higher level right? Roffle.

When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #154 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Oct 15th, 2011 at 10:16am:
That would be TO style bullshit.

Because as we all know, more numbers means higher level right? Roffle.

Oh yeah, pump that stat 6 points, that has got to be at least four levels of awesome.  Lmao.

Yeah, I dm as I play, you want to be uber, that is fine.  Goodness knows I have no room to talk.  You try to go all Character op boards on me, I will go all dungeon op on you.  Fair really.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #155 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 11:05am
Print Post  
I assume you mean TO crap again.

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #156 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
GFY. Cheesy

I'm pretty sure I have. That seems like a good comparison for a person who prefers role playing groups to stay with a pure power gaming group (and not great ones either).

Quote:
The answer is they aren't, and he is a delusional fuck. PA being capped at 5 is a DDO thing. In D&D it is capped at your BAB in 3.5, and is nerfed to a much smaller number in Pathfailure. Pathfailure Rogues are useless even when compared to the others.

Huh. Now I feel REALLY lucky I tend to focus on clerics and other non melee classes. I'd have started unintentionally screwed myself over from the day DDO came out. (Okay, probably not. If I'd played melee classes, I'd have actually remembered that.) As for the rogues, they have a very important place! Finishing off the monsters the casters just disable instead of kill. (A cleric has to show mercy after all, that's how you get the converts!)

Quote:
Yes. That and tripping itself was nerfed, in addition to reducing the chance of tripping someone. The others don't matter as they weren't worth doing anyways.

I don't know. Disarming sounds like it can be useful to me. Except when you are fighting animals. Or dragons. Or casters. Or anything that isn't more dangerous unarmed than armed. So, all the time until level 3? Wink

Quote:
Getting more feats is useful if feats remain the same or get better. Getting more feats is not necessarily a bonus if feats got weaker. If you are a caster, you are in the former group. If not, you are in the latter group. Humans get a +2 to whatever, so you play a caster and put it in your casting stat and you laugh all the way to the bank.

The problem is, half elves ALSO get +2 to whatever, plus their diminished elf bonuses, in exchange for losing out on one feat and one skill. Since your caster already has three extra feats (or so), you don't need the human bonus feat any longer. Also, dwarf. +2 Con and +2 Wis. Screw humans, I get 1 hp AND my casting stat! Wink

Quote:
Yes, amuse us with your lies and basket weaver bullshit dodges.

And that is what he has done.

PS: If you want the breakdown on why Cleavage is fucking retarded for thinking those feats are actually good, I posted a breakdown earlier in the thread.

I've read most of the thread. I just wanted to see if there was anybody would could actually try to justify the feat selection for non casters.

I think he did a pretty decent job of it. Unfortunately, casters do still have too many advantages, including a massive SAD advantage over melees.

Hmm... Glancing through the PFSRD Cleavon linked, I think I could slip a Bouncing Persistant Slay Living through my group. He saved? Oh, well, save again, and this guy also saves! That one saved? Bounce bounce bounce! (No, a decent GM would not allow it. The rules say it wouldn't work. Specifically, bounced spells only work if there is no effect at all, because of saves or SR.)

IP Logged

Cleavon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #157 - Oct 16th, 2011 at 1:29am
Print Post  
Siver wrote on Oct 15th, 2011 at 6:07pm:
Hmm... Glancing through the PFSRD Cleavon linked, I think I could slip a Bouncing Persistant Slay Living through my group. He saved? Oh, well, save again, and this guy also saves! That one saved? Bounce bounce bounce! (No, a decent GM would not allow it. The rules say it wouldn't work. Specifically, bounced spells only work if there is no effect at all, because of saves or SR.)

Re-directing a Bouncing Spell requires a swift action.  So you could cast as a standard, use your swift to bounce once and your move to bounce again then your out of moves.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #158 - Oct 16th, 2011 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Oct 12th, 2011 at 8:52am:
You'd be surprised how many adventures can be short manned. When you think about it, it starts making a lot of sense but a lot of adventurers supposedly designed for 4 people you can take 2, maybe 3 from and still just annihilate everything in your way. Epoch probably already knows why, but as a thought exercise I will see if anyone else can figure it out.

Dungeon scaling?

fnord

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #159 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 4:37am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Oct 16th, 2011 at 12:28pm:
Dungeon scaling?

roffle

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #160 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 4:37am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Oct 15th, 2011 at 11:05am:
I assume you mean TO crap again.

Of course.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #161 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Siver wrote on Oct 15th, 2011 at 6:07pm:
Huh. Now I feel REALLY lucky I tend to focus on clerics and other non melee classes. I'd have started unintentionally screwed myself over from the day DDO came out. (Okay, probably not. If I'd played melee classes, I'd have actually remembered that.) As for the rogues, they have a very important place! Finishing off the monsters the casters just disable instead of kill. (A cleric has to show mercy after all, that's how you get the converts!)

I think that a PF Rogue would get killed by a disabled enemy. They are that gimpy.

Quote:
I don't know. Disarming sounds like it can be useful to me. Except when you are fighting animals. Or dragons. Or casters. Or anything that isn't more dangerous unarmed than armed. So, all the time until level 3? Wink

I loled. Before 3, you just hit them so whatever.

Quote:
The problem is, half elves ALSO get +2 to whatever, plus their diminished elf bonuses, in exchange for losing out on one feat and one skill. Since your caster already has three extra feats (or so), you don't need the human bonus feat any longer. Also, dwarf. +2 Con and +2 Wis. Screw humans, I get 1 hp AND my casting stat! Wink

Now if only elf bonuses were worth anything.

Quote:
I've read most of the thread. I just wanted to see if there was anybody would could actually try to justify the feat selection for non casters.

I think he did a pretty decent job of it. Unfortunately, casters do still have too many advantages, including a massive SAD advantage over melees.

All he's done is list a bunch of shitty things and tell you they are not shitty.

Quote:

It would work with other spells though.

popejubal wrote on Oct 16th, 2011 at 12:28pm:
Dungeon scaling?

I loled, but no. I mean with no scaling.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 
Send TopicPrint