Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Twink gear for a TR wizzy? (Read 8199 times)
Zigana
Vaultgina

Twink gear for a TR wizzy?
Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:31am
Print Post  
About to TR my wizzy again and thinking about grabbing some twink gear to make the next life a little easier as I go.  Going WF AM.  Any advice on some good items to farm first?  I'm not super familiar with stuff from the last several packs that have come out, i.e. Red Fens and forward.  No real clue if there's anything really worthwhile to try and grab now or if most of it is just run through on next life and if it drops great otherwise move on.  Thanks Smiley

Strakeln wrote on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 11:55am:
Zigana was in compliance with all rules.

Gawna did a good job at enforcing the rules as she understood them.

Stainer is the rules lawyer.

Hands down, Zigana is the Vault's best poster.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 1:27pm:
I'm not sure about best poster but I know for sure she's got the most balls of all the posters.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Re: Twink gear for a TR wizzy?
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:31am
Print Post  
On halfdeadd's wf wiz life (#2) I had a pretty easy time with using the Diabolist's Docent
http://ddowiki.com/page/Diabolist%27s_Docent
up until level 12. 

Occasionally, I would find that using the Blademark Docent
http://ddowiki.com/page/Blademark%27s_Docent

with the regular upgrade to be very handy while standing in my own wall of fire swinging a falchion or maul.

For level 12 to 16 I used the docent from lordsmark plaza, Frostflame
http://ddowiki.com/page/Frostflame_Docent. 

It saved me some slotting with the moderate boost to fire and ice spells.  Still swapped out to the Blademark though for heavy damage situations.

At level 16 I swapped to Dragontouched with Glacial Assault, Resistance 5, and Int6 on it (saved a lot of hotswapping).

I didn't stay at level 20 for more than 5 mins however, so I have nothing to share there.  It was onward to wiz life #3.

It got this newb through that life very easily.  Others with more playing experience may offer different suggestions however...
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:32am by Madcow430 »  

IP Logged

Zigana
Vaultgina

Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 5:40am
Print Post  
Awesome, I have the diabolist and frostflame already banked, so will hit up the other tomorrow.  I don't plan on staying at 20 past a few days--long enough to run a few epics to get my heart and TR again.  So not as concerned about epic gear atm, just stuff to help during the lower lvl grind.  Got a few GS for lvl 11 as well, so figured I was mostly set already.  Just not sure if there's any real uber stuff like out of chrono or w/e that was really worth the time to farm out or not for at lvl junk.  I've got three more lives to go, so anything to make that as painless as possible is a plus Smiley

I'm not sure about best poster but I know for sure she's got the most balls of all the posters.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 6:06am
Print Post  
I was reminded that another one that can be handy at mid level is the Gorgon docent.  It has +4 con and a stoneskin proc that goes off pretty often. 

I think it falls from eyes of stone in either the end chest or the hidden locked one in the secret door hallways.

IP Logged

Jizzly
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 6:57am
Print Post  
For me,
Arcane Sigil Docent at level 1
Diabolist Docent until 5th
Blademark Docent until 16
DT to cap

Also, the usuals
Superior [insert favorite element(s)] clickies, or pots
Major [insert favorite element(s)] lore
ConcOpp
Minos
Invisibility clickies, or stacks of scrolls

Etc

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 9:22am
Print Post  
How's your Cannith crafting?  With the Mark of Cannith knocking 2 levels of any crafted item you can make some very useful twink items

Wizardry III at level 5
Conjuration Focus Level 3
Greater Conjuration Focus 7
Magi Level 7
+4 Stat Items at Level 5  (I actually just made shards for +3-5 and upgraded as required)
Thorn-guard Docent of Invulnerability Level 3
Lifeshield Docent of Invulnerability Level 5

For named shit...

Torc
Con-op
Master Transmuters Staff
Napkin
Glacial Set
Carnifex
Twisted Talisman

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #6 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
For docents, I've been running with a cannith crafted docent with a large guild augment on it.

I've been starting with invulnerability, and then adding deathblock onto it later on when I get to level 7.

Previously, I was using this.

scarab powder turnin from the tier two necro quests.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #7 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Seeing as you're not PM, The Trace of Madness docent with the disintegrate proc can be fun at L14 and is a reasonable place to put arcane lore if you don't have a Bananablade.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Fleshshaper%27s_Docent

The spellcasting one from there is a bit cack IMO, I'd rather see mobs vapourise themselves from time to time for giggles; my spells do enough dmg without random elemental procs.

That's what I do when Lifeshield isn't cutting it for me and I'm waiting for DT or the one from IQ/DD, wossitsname.

Oh and earlier, yeah either the dull cardigan from Sentinels pack or a crafted Blood Rage docent, they're bundles of fun.

Edit: And yeah L1 - either Morleth's or a crafted ML1 Docent of Invuln for running around swinging your chosen gaxe with impunity.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:33pm by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #8 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
I used the Infused Chaos Docent with Arcane Lore slotted in on my sorc more for the +1 level adjustment on all my evocation spells than the random elemental boosts.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #9 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:45pm:
I used the Infused Chaos Docent with Arcane Lore slotted in on my sorc more for the +1 level adjustment on all my evocation spells than the random elemental boosts.

Yeah I'll probably use it on my next Sorc TR but he said AM so I figured less useful (unless it happens to be Evoc but they're out of fashion these days since the tweaks so I am assuming unlikely).

IP Logged

Zigana
Vaultgina

Reply #10 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
I don't currently own any of the House C stuff yet, so unless I can get a guildie to hit me with a guest pass that stuff is out.  I will beg, borrow or steal one though if I gotta Tongue  Was hoping to have earned enough TP from her next life to open that stuff up though, so anything that can wait through 3rd life and be gotten 4th should work out.  I own all the other content though, so will take a look at the few pieces I'm still missing yet.  Thanks for the info guys, I knew I could count on you Smiley

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #11 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Zigana wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 7:41pm:
I don't currently own any of the House C stuff yet, so unless I can get a guildie to hit me with a guest pass that stuff is out.  

Umm..  Cannith crafting is just the actual name for the character crafting leveling system they introduced a while back.

The actual house cannith crafted stuff from the new house cannith quests is called Alchemical Crafting.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

IP Logged

Zigana
Vaultgina

Reply #12 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 8:22pm:
Umm..  Cannith crafting is just the actual name for the character crafting leveling system they introduced a while back.

The actual house cannith crafted stuff from the new house cannith quests is called Alchemical Crafting.

Mmmhmm, I'm aware of that.  Since I don't own any of it, I wasn't entirely sure what lvl it all is (I assume there's some high lvl stuff since the raid is high lvl, but you know what they say about assumptions), but was pointing out for anyone giving info that I don't have access to that stuff in case any of it is mentioned.  Smiley

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #13 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Zigana wrote on Oct 18th, 2011 at 12:57am:
Mmmhmm, I'm aware of that.  Since I don't own any of it, I wasn't entirely sure what lvl it all is (I assume there's some high lvl stuff since the raid is high lvl, but you know what they say about assumptions), but was pointing out for anyone giving info that I don't have access to that stuff in case any of it is mentioned.  Smiley

Ah, okay.  That makes sense.  I hadn't seen anyone mention it yet(except for the mark to drop the crafted item levels down by two)

IP Logged

Zigana
Vaultgina

Reply #14 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 3:11am
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Oct 18th, 2011 at 2:20am:
Ah, okay.  That makes sense.  I hadn't seen anyone mention it yet(except for the mark to drop the crafted item levels down by two)

I hadn't either, was just pre-emptive throwing it out there (although should have tossed it in my OP I suppose, as an edit).  My crafting levels are all at or close to 70 now, so I'm thinking I've got anything else I need covered for the most part.  Just gonna look at wrangling up a few more named drops if I can get lucky Smiley

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #15 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 3:34am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 6:06am:
I was reminded that another one that can be handy at mid level is the Gorgon docent.  It has +4 con and a stoneskin proc that goes off pretty often. 

I think it falls from eyes of stone in either the end chest or the hidden locked one in the secret door hallways.

Also, it is level 8!

I tend to use it until level 18 when I switch to the mindsunder docent.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

geissel
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 7:32am
Print Post  
Single most useful item for a TRing caster?  FOM boots.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint