Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Update 12 (Read 38533 times)
Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Update 12
Oct 19th, 2011 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
For anybody who cares, check Lamannia.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=346923

Then, please, let me know, because I'm curious, but too lazy to check myself. Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2011 at 2:09pm by Siver »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: Update 12
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Surprised I can see the llama forums.

Excellent.

I won't be testing, but still. Excellent.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
First, Last, and Pet name changes are available via the store.   Griefers, reset your rep for only xxxTP

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Except they didn't do a character wipe.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
notes:
Quote:
Lamannia Release Notes: Update 11 Patch 1

Welcome to the Lamannia Update 12 Release Notes for Dungeons & Dragons Online! These release notes were posted on Wednesday, October 19th, 2011. These notes are subject to changes and additions.
News & Notes

Of Special Note

Try Challenges on Lamannia!

Introducing Challenges, available for preview on Lamannia! These repeatable quests feature multiple objectives and mini-games with a broad range of choices!

Complete the objectives to collect rewards you can barter with for better loot.
    Choose your specific level of difficulty - each Challenge supports a broad range of character levels.
    Try to best your high score each time you play.
    Multiple variants available with different strategies, time limits, and rewards.

Challenge Scores

Scoring is based on both a point value and a Star ranking.
Point scores determine how many reward items you will receive once the time runs out! Try to beat your personal best high scores, or compare your score with your friends' scores!
Additionally, each Challenge has five specific star objectives. Each objective you complete rewards a blue star. For every star you earn, you earn favor points for House Cannith. Each Challenge variant has a different set of star objectives, and can offer different types of monsters, mechanics, powerups, goals and time limits.

You must complete the first star objective to receive items and XP for the Challenge.
    If you complete all 5 star objectives in one run of a Challenge at its maximum available CR level, all of your blue stars will turn to gold - you'll earn bonus favor and bonus experience!
    Players over level (5 or more) will not be rewarded items or XP, but may still earn favor from star accomplishments.

Accessing Challenges

Visit House Cannith to participate in Challenges! Look for the challenge boards to accept your desired Challenge variant. There are multiple ways to gain entry to a Challenge:
Challenge Packs

The Adventure Pack grants full access all the time, any time! Free to VIPs!
    Guest passes can be purchased to grant your friends access to challenges for a limited amount of time.

Challenge Tokens

Challenge Tokens are used to access individual Challenges one time

Free Daily Challenge Token
        Visit Kariya ir'Vannis in House Cannith, near the Cannith Gorgon statue, to receive access tokens into that day's free Challenge!
        The available Challenge will change every day, so check back daily to see which Challenge Kariya has to offer!
        Premium users will receive bonus Challenge tokens from Kariya!
        Challenge tokens can be used for entry into a Challenge, or spent on one-use bonus items using the "Cannith Supply Vault" located inside the Challenge at the beginning.
    Universal Access Token
        Purchase a universal token for single-use access to one Challenge of your choice.

Available CR Levels

Supported level ranges for each Challenge differ; as you enter a Challenge, you may use the level selection drop down menu to chose the Challenge level you wish to play. The majority of Challenge variants are also available (separately) in Epic CR levels. Note that selecting a Challenge below your character level can result in XP and reward penalties for your party, though it will not impact your ability to earn favor.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Sounds similar to daily quests from WoW.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:32pm:
Sounds similar to daily quests from WoW.

It is a similar thing to LOTRO - I was wondering when they would finally bring it to ddo.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 2:40pm:
Except they didn't do a character wipe.

They did do a character wipe moron.

Hmm, now just to wait for them to update the character copy thing from myddo.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #8 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:37pm:

Yeah, that guy is such an idiot.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:45pm:
Yeah, that guy is such an idiot.

Someone should boot that fucker.  He has no moral compass, screams at people when they just want to promote their business, and rampages through the vault leaving nothing of worth behind.  What an ass.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
notes:

Challenge Scores

Scoring is based on both a point value and a Star ranking.
Point scores determine how many reward items you will receive once the time runs out! Try to beat your personal best high scores, or compare your score with your friends' scores!
Additionally, each Challenge has five specific star objectives. Each objective you complete rewards a blue star. For every star you earn, you earn favor points for House Cannith. Each Challenge variant has a different set of star objectives, and can offer different types of monsters, mechanics, powerups, goals and time limits.

* You must complete the first star objective to receive items and XP for the Challenge.
    * If you complete all 5 star objectives in one run of a Challenge at its maximum available CR level, all of your blue stars will turn to gold - you'll earn bonus favor and bonus experience!
    * Players over level (5 or more) will not be rewarded items or XP, but may still earn favor from star accomplishments.

I get the strange feeling I want to get this challenge pack as quickly as possible. Then farm it out before they fix the favor bugs which cause you to get favor every time you score a blue star. (Note: Have not tried the update yet; this is just speculation on my part.)

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:37pm:

Hmm, now just to wait for them to update the character copy thing from myddo.

Fucking owned.  Bet he feels stupid now.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #12 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:47pm:
Someone should boot that fucker.  He has no moral compass, screams at people when they just want to promote their business, and rampages through the vault leaving nothing of worth behind.  What an ass.

ehh I like the guy's snarky commentary on current issues. 
maybe just her-de-derp status.

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #13 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Interesting update in the VIP vs. Premium wars.

VIP can do any challenges they want any time they want.  Premiums have to purchase individual access to challenges and they have to buy each challenge each time they want to get into it as far as I can tell from reading the release notes.

Looks a lot like elite unlocks purchasing in the DDO store.

fnord

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:36pm:
It is a similar thing to LOTRO - I was wondering when they would finally bring it to ddo.

Fernando told me in Feb they were coming, then again he told everyone else too Grin

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 4:33pm:

VIP can do any challenges they want any time they want.  Premiums have to purchase individual access to challenges and they have to buy each challenge each time they want to get into it as far as I can tell from reading the release notes.

no the thread shows a ddo store screen where you can buy the pack. The tokens are for people who don't own the pack and want to try it out. If you own the pack it gives you some kind of bonus from some supply vault (whatever that is).

This appears to be a novel way for f2p to try out the quests, getting a free one time random token every day, or they can buy a universal token to try any challenge. That or they can buy the pack and get the same access as V.I.P.

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #16 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 4:33pm:

Except it looks like you can buy the adventure pack that includes the challenges for VIP style access. Unless I'm reading it horribly wrong.

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #17 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
no the thread shows a ddo store screen where you can buy the pack. The tokens are for people who don't own the pack and want to try it out. If you own the pack it gives you some kind of bonus from some supply vault (whatever that is).

This appears to be a novel way for f2p to try out the quests, getting a free one time random token every day, or they can buy a universal token to try any challenge. That or they can buy the pack and get the same access as V.I.P.

In that case, it's just about the opposite of what I was thinking and I love the idea.  Having a "quest of the day" is very appealing to me.

Hell, I even like Mabar when it's here for just 2 days (as long as I don't get banned).

fnord

IP Logged

Hoblish
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
They've added Plat Sharing to the shared bank now as well

Shared Bank
Platinum Sharing

Freely deposit and withdraw your platinum at the bank! Platinum Sharing (free for VIPs) allows you to use the bank to share platinum between all of your characters on a given server and allows you to have up to 50,000 platinum deposited at a time. Platinum Sharing is an account wide upgrade.
195 TP

Platinum Sharing Upgrade 1
ncreases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 50,000 to 100,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade
95 TP

Platinum Sharing Upgrade 2
Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 100,000 to 250,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

Platinum Sharing Upgrade 3
Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 250,000 to 500,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

Platinum Sharing Upgrade 4
Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 500,000 to 1,000,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

Platinum Sharing Upgrade 5
Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 1,000,000 to 2,500,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Hoblish wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 7:10pm:

Shared Bank
Platinum Sharing

Freely deposit and withdraw your platinum at the bank! Platinum Sharing (free for VIPs) allows you to use the bank to share platinum between all of your characters on a given server and allows you to have up to 50,000 platinum deposited at a time. Platinum Sharing is an account wide upgrade.
195 TP

ncreases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 50,000 to 100,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade
95 TP

Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 100,000 to 250,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 250,000 to 500,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 500,000 to 1,000,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 1,000,000 to 2,500,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

Holy motherfucking YES.

IP Logged

Gasoline
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 7:38pm:
Holy motherfucking YES.

Gotta totally agree Cheesy

IP Logged

ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Reply #21 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Hoblish wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 7:10pm:

Shared Bank
Platinum Sharing

195 TP

95 TP

95 TP

95 TP

95 TP

95 TP

I can see the complaining now when people lose most of their plat because Turbine messed something up.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #22 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:47pm:

Go on, go on... 

We'll stop you when you say something we disagree with.   Tongue

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Only 665 for the full 2.5M plan, for those who don't want to do the math.  Plus, that's 2.5M more plat that you can carry per acount if you're already full up on characters, not that it'll make that much of a difference unless you're a premium player with the 4 basic slots or something.  Tongue

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
In case anybody cares, here's a sample of one of the items you can get from the challenge quests.

Hope you didn't farm the cove for two weeks for the cavalry plate for your heavy armor wearers! Actually, I'd probably keep the cavalry plate on my cleric, but the new one is pretty nice.

In case you didn't notice, that's the tier 1 version. Tier 2 adds 20% negative energy protection, and Tier 3 makes it a "real" epic item (+6, blue slot).

There's an item I want to try to play with a bit, but unfortunately I suck too much at the challenge quest to get the ingredients to play with. It's called a Wand Bracelet.

It sounds like it turns whatever you put into it into a permanent clicky. Can someone please check it out for me? Thanks.

Edit: Two quick additions. First, the ingredients for the items are Bound to Character, so no easy farming epics for your new characters, sorry.

Second, I suck at fixing pictures. So sorry.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2011 at 9:03pm by Siver »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Send TopicPrint