Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Armor/Outfit for a caster/healer SS Bard (Read 5860 times)
arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Armor/Outfit for a caster/healer SS Bard
Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Hi All,

Any armor/outfit suggestion for a level 20 spellsinger caster bard?

Currently wearing Greater Fire resistance of Deathblock Outfit.  Thinking of crafting the same outfit but with a Medium Guild Slot for HP.

I'm also thinking of these epic armors.

Epic Demon Scale, other absorbs are nice and other immunities.

Epic Vulkoorim Dervish Robe, disintegration is nice but I am not a melee.  Maximise discount is also nice but I don't have that Feat on this build yet.

I don't plan on having the Reavers Refuge pack so DT armor is out of the question.

Basically, I'm just running epic ADQ 1 and 2.  Trying to run EVON6 in the future also.  Some hard shrouds and TODs.  Occasional normal LOBs.  This is not my main toon.

Thanks All.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Re: Armor/Outfit for a caster/healer SS Bard
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:15am
Print Post  
No idea.

If melee, I'd suggest Demon Scale/Mari Chain, but casting Bards bore me to death and back.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Reaver's Refuge costs 350, ffs.  What is wrong with you?  Sad

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #3 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:29am
Print Post  
Quote:
No idea.

If melee, I'd suggest Demon Scale/Mari Chain, but casting Bards bore me to death and back.

Yeah I know they are boring.  He was ok and can handle himself well.  Solo healed normal shroud when the blades was still nasty, 5 minutes in when the 2 clerics and 1 fvs died.
I'm just thinking of making him, I don't know, better?

Oakianus wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:18am:
Reaver's Refuge costs 350, ffs.  What is wrong with you?  http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png

I just have a premium account, and I have 8k TP of bought points.  I have other Alt account just for extra bot looting that has 2k points.  My other 3rd account has Reaver Refuge helped my friends grab their DT.  It was really boring for me and the DT lottery is hell for me.  I rather do other lotteries.

Yeah, that's whats wrong with me.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #4 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:50am
Print Post  
Mine wears dragontouched.

Don't remember what was on it, probably something like +5 resist, +6 to some stat, and I know the final one is Smiting (for shits and giggles, his min2 falchion is a smiter now, one less thing to carry)

Caster bards make me kinda sad though, there is almost no reason to put lots of points into Cha, healing people doesn't have DCs, your best CC doesn't have a save and for the most part you can't really get the save on your dancing ball good enough anyway (compared to an enchantment spec wizard, who use web mostly anyway). He is still cha based, because one day ONE DAY it will be useful.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #5 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 2:10am
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:50am:
and for the most part you can't really get the save on your dancing ball good enough anyway (compared to an enchantment spec wizard, who use web mostly anyway).

Eh? Web is conjuration. My enchantment-specced PM avoids casting web whenever possible because the DCs are 3 worse for him than dancing balls (he needs a robe of the diabloist).

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Before TRing, my first life Spellsinger had a 40 DC on his disco ball.  Add in that you're not far behind the Warchanter's IC, you can regen your own and everyone else's SP, the healing is good enough to solo heal many of the weaker epics, you're adding +1 to everyone else's DCs...  I certainly had a lot of fun with it, at least.  Tongue

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #7 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 3:03am
Print Post  
Short term solution: Lifeshield, guild slotted outfit of Superior Stability?

IP Logged

yk49
Korthos Resident

Lazy wiki admin/Thelanian
piker

Reply #8 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 4:00am
Print Post  
work on to get a pair of epic dynastic falcatas and get sufficient amount of HP. thats pretty much the only way not to get your cha wasted, and to become more versatile than most cookie-cutter warchanters out there (still less dps output though). yea until then cannith-crafted robes with med/large guild slot, or even spellpen 6 robe from abbot trinket reward should do fine.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2012 at 4:04am by yk49 »  

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 4:21am
Print Post  
I think that unless u can take a CC or divine spot, strength based bard is a better option. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some very nice bards... theres one running around argo with 44 enchantment DC who can CC eDA as a complete arcane replacement but those are few and far between.

WC adds ~20 party dps and 5% doublestrike over a SS not to mention personal dps will be significantly higher (I am a big fan of horc for sustained thf dps or human for burst dps).

The majority of arcanes I run with have 44+ DC so +1DC from spellsong trance is kind of wasted (the -10% sp cost is always nice tho).

Also, penis.

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #10 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 4:32am
Print Post  
Thanks for the suggestion.  I already have the epic dynastic Falc.  And working on my hp.

The thing is, I don't want to replace a divine or a caster.  Just like in the OP, I'm running those quests / raids.  Scroll healing and helping the SP thingies.

I guess I'll stick on the cannith crafting robes.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 5:36am
Print Post  
WC adds +1 to hit and +2 to damage, are you counting 10 melees or something?  Sad 

The spell pen is definitely not a bad idea if you can manage it, as far as armor goes.  That's what I had on my DT.  Greater Spell Pen VI, 20% Healing Amp and +5 Saves.  The GSP is the hardest to come by in any other slot, for sure.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #12 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 6:12am
Print Post  
You say you want to run eVON6 - so I would strongly consider crafting a piece of Harbinger armour with the +10 reflex save for that. I have that on my caster cleric as a swap in item, because her reflex saves suck,

I hear you on the Dragontouched.

IP Logged

NotMyDDOName
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 8:01am
Print Post  
I wore a DT outfit on my SS.  I hated the spell failure for a SS with anything else.

Also, I am sort of an AC snob in that it seems an ALL OR NOTHING stat to me.  If you can't hit 70, then what is the difference between 21 and 27?

I had a few outfits from previous lives that I used.  I never got around to making a healing amp outfit before I TR'ed though.

This was also before crafting, so maybe you could craft something better.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2012 at 8:01am by NotMyDDOName »  

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 5:36am:
WC adds +1 to hit and +2 to damage, are you counting 10 melees or something?  http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png 

And a mathmagician appears!

Also, penis.

IP Logged

Infant
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Deeds wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 4:21am:
I think that unless u can take a CC or divine spot, strength based bard is a better option. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some very nice bards... theres one running around argo with 44 enchantment DC who can CC eDA as a complete arcane replacement but those are few and far between.

WC adds ~20 party dps and 5% doublestrike over a SS not to mention personal dps will be significantly higher (I am a big fan of horc for sustained thf dps or human for burst dps).

The majority of arcanes I run with have 44+ DC so +1DC from spellsong trance is kind of wasted (the -10% sp cost is always nice tho).

Auran wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:50am:
Don't remember what was on it, probably something like +5 resist, +6 to some stat, and I know the final one is Smiting (for shits and giggles, his min2 falchion is a smiter now, one less thing to carry)

Caster bards make me kinda sad though, there is almost no reason to put lots of points into Cha, healing people doesn't have DCs, your best CC doesn't have a save and for the most part you can't really get the save on your dancing ball good enough anyway (compared to an enchantment spec wizard, who use web mostly anyway). He is still cha based, because one day ONE DAY it will be useful.

Deeds wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 4:21am:

NotMyDDOName wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 8:01am:
I wore a DT outfit on my SS.  I hated the spell failure for a SS with anything else.

Also, I am sort of an AC snob in that it seems an ALL OR NOTHING stat to me.  If you can't hit 70, then what is the difference between 21 and 27?

I had a few outfits from previous lives that I used.  I never got around to making a healing amp outfit before I TR'ed though.

This was also before crafting, so maybe you could craft something better.

Epic Win!

On a serious note: What Tere and QuantumFX said. Life Shield of Superior stability with slotted HP is great replacement for DT (if you are True Neutral) and the +10 reflex armor can come in handy for eVon6.

And yes, get Reaver's Smiley

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #16 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 10:29am
Print Post  
my SS bard wears the epic robe of dissonance.

just for funsies. it's nice to have sup pot 6 in a non neck, non weapon slot
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2012 at 10:37am by rest »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #17 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 5:36am:
WC adds +1 to hit and +2 to damage, are you counting 10 melees or something?  http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png 

The spell pen is definitely not a bad idea if you can manage it, as far as armor goes.  That's what I had on my DT.  Greater Spell Pen VI, 20% Healing Amp and +5 Saves.  The GSP is the hardest to come by in any other slot, for sure.

GSP 6 can be crafted on a ring, and it can be as low as ML 5 with the shard of masterful craftsmanship.

The more you know Wink

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #18 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 10:36am
Print Post  
And to go for the hat trick of posts, I'd personally do a Deathblock of Superior Stability over a Lifeshield of Superior Stability robe/outfit with a guild slot.

IP Logged

Hafeal
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
I am waiting for CC again, but 'til then I have the Tier 2 Epic Duelist:

Tier 3 will add Dodge +4 and an Empty Blue Slot.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 10:35am:
GSP 6 can be crafted on a ring, and it can be as low as ML 5 with the shard of masterful craftsmanship.

The more you know Wink

That's really not bad for 97th.  If I got my SS back up, I'd definitely consider it for the trinket slot, actually.  You're such a giver.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #21 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Epic Deneith Heavy Chain

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

junkyarddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
epic silken mail looks great on my female drow SS. Add the epic bramble casters and you've got decent DR for slash/pierce and thorn guard. Throw +2 good luck on the blue slot and you're set.

Both these items come from content you say you run often and most times are not desired by most party members so seal/shard oppurtunities should be plentiful

It may not be the ideal setup but it works for me
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2012 at 3:21pm by junkyarddog »  

Badlass, Dysfunctiona TFC: Badlazz, Slyfoxx, Gezer Banned from all guilds..
Ohwell, Supdoc, noname, badlassie, others OMGBIZZY

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #23 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:40pm:
Epic Deneith Heavy Chain

Probably not a good idea.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #24 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 3:20pm:
Probably not a good idea.

was making 2 faulty assumptions: War chanter not SPellsinger and -15% arcane failure in blue slot  Cry

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint