Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Video : Elite Weapons Shipment Solo (Read 6677 times)
Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Video : Elite Weapons Shipment Solo
Feb 21st, 2012 at 10:32am
Print Post  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk2jtMZHvdU

I'm sure this is old news for most of the Vaulties.  But if there's someone who is curious how this is done, and seeing is better than having it explained to you..well, there you go.

20 minute run - about as fast as I can reasonably complete the dang thing.  Most of the time I'm a slacker and it takes 10 minutes longer.

Good luck on your Baubles.

Festivius/Hobadash/Kiarnan/McPhail ~ Eternal Wrath
Aneist/Oshkosch/Dalzeil ~ Silent Accord
Sarlona

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Re: Video : Elite Weapons Shipment Solo
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 10:34am
Print Post  
I'm impressed that you were able to keep her alive during the run through the caves.  I have to summon a hireling to keep her alive during that part.  I just ditch the hireling at the shrine.  The new Weapons Shipment is one of my absolute favorite quests.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2012 at 10:34am by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 11:16am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 10:34am:
I'm impressed that you were able to keep her alive during the run through the caves.  I have to summon a hireling to keep her alive during that part.  I just ditch the hireling at the shrine.  The new Weapons Shipment is one of my absolute favorite quests.

I used to do that, and I still do that with my Warchanter when I solo it on him.  (I could heal her with him, but I'm lazy, and hirelings are cheaper than a single Yugo pot.)  But yeah, I've found out that with the appropriate buffs (on her) and Quicken, I can make the mad dash without her requiring healing.  Web helps, of course, and so does trying to get to the Orthons before her (since they can be aggro-controlled, unlike the stupid Barbazu).
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2012 at 11:16am by Landar »  

Sarlona

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
That's a decent time for a first (second?) life wizard.  FvS and sorcs can do it faster. 

Some optimization tips: don't bother webbing stuff in the end fight, just use them to torc it up or CC by running and jumping around your AoE.  The less SP you spend, the faster you can make the run go. 

Keep only 1 archer alive if your SP can handle it.  Shit spawns when there are less than three mobs up, so you'll get stuff spawning faster with only one archer up. 

Also, I couldn't tell if you had spearblock on.  If not, use spearblock. 

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 9:10pm:
That's a decent time for a first (second?) life wizard.  FvS and sorcs can do it faster. 

Some optimization tips: don't bother webbing stuff in the end fight, just use them to torc it up or CC by running and jumping around your AoE.  The less SP you spend, the faster you can make the run go. 

Keep only 1 archer alive if your SP can handle it.  Shit spawns when there are less than three mobs up, so you'll get stuff spawning faster with only one archer up. 

Also, I couldn't tell if you had spearblock on.  If not, use spearblock. 

First Life.

DR 4/- from Epic Golden Greaves.  Also Boon to Undeath, but I imagine that was a bit more obvious.

Did I web stuff in the end fight?  I'll have to rewatch the video I suppose.  Edit - Ah, I see what you mean.  I was just trying to keep them still long enough for a Wail.  They tend to all split four ways, since they aggro on the Planescaller first.

I'll admit - that's probably my fastest run in there.  I'm pretty slowsies normally, alternating between killing the mobs, check the forums, kill the mobs, check the forums...
Really, only reason I went that fast was because I wanted to cut the size of the recording down.  The unencoded video file was 60 gigs.  XD

I basically do this once per day, and then open it up to guildies/channel/whoever hits the LFM.  But in doing so, I've had many people who asked exactly how I did it.  This video is for their sake.

I like two archers, and am aware of the less than three mobs mechanic.  But thank you for pointing it out for those who may not be.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2012 at 10:59pm by Landar »  

Sarlona

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Landar wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 10:53pm:
First Life.

DR 4/- from Epic Golden Greaves.  Also Boon to Undeath, but I imagine that was a bit more obvious.

Did I web stuff in the end fight?  I'll have to rewatch the video I suppose.  Edit - Ah, I see what you mean.  I was just trying to keep them still long enough for a Wail.  They tend to all split four ways, since they aggro on the Planescaller first.

I'll admit - that's probably my fastest run in there.  I'm pretty slowsies normally, alternating between killing the mobs, check the forums, kill the mobs, check the forums...
Really, only reason I went that fast was because I wanted to cut the size of the recording down.  The unencoded video file was 60 gigs.  XD

I basically do this once per day, and then open it up to guildies/channel/whoever hits the LFM.  But in doing so, I've had many people who asked exactly how I did it.  This video is for their sake.

I like two archers, and am aware of the less than three mobs mechanic.  But thank you for pointing it out for those who may not be.

Cool all around.  The numbers were abit hard to see in the video, hence why I wasn't even sure if you were first or second life. 

Personally, I stopped trying to pull a bauble after ~40ish runs, but maybe I'll give it some more effort when I re-cap a sorc.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 7:30am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 1:51am:
Cool all around.  The numbers were abit hard to see in the video, hence why I wasn't even sure if you were first or second life. 

Personally, I stopped trying to pull a bauble after ~40ish runs, but maybe I'll give it some more effort when I re-cap a sorc. 

It's a lot of fun to solo in the new version - and if you can kill two or three times as much trash as you need to kill while solo even after all of your party members are all dead, then you can bring a party in with you.  Wink

I still get tired of it after two runs in one day, but it's very satisfying to slaughter vast hordes of enemies while yelling, "Fuck you!  You thought that was going to kill me?" at the monitor.  It's much more fun on a Wizard or Sorcerer than on a Cleric or FvS, though.  On a Cleric or FvS, it's just
-cast Blade Barrier
-circle left while strafing right
-read the magazine that you put on your desk
-re-cast Blade Barrier every 30 seconds or so
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2012 at 7:31am by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:27am
Print Post  
what do you use for file size compression? ive got a lot of frapsed footage but cant find any decent FREE software. i dont mind paying for software eventually but i hate paying for stuff i cant try out first lol.

ddo looks so fun watching people with real connections play it. its all smooth and nice looking. /jelly

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:35am
Print Post  
I really like mass charm and symbol of persuasion in there.  Charmed enemies don't count toward more enemies spawning.  That means that you can get quite an army and have them beating down the new spawns.  They'll also beat on the end boss for you if they're still charmed.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #9 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Haven't been in there solo since the changes.  I used to literally fall asleep in there waiting for spawns. 

Thanks for the looksy into what it's like now.  Looks like a hoot to run.  I'll have to grab the cleric and give it a go as he's still baubleless after 3 lives.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #10 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:49am:
Haven't been in there solo since the changes.  I used to literally fall asleep in there waiting for spawns. 

Thanks for the looksy into what it's like now.  Looks like a hoot to run.  I'll have to grab the cleric and give it a go as he's still baubleless after 3 lives.

I looted one on a monk TR.  The rage was exquisite.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #11 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:53am:
I looted one on a monk TR.  The rage was exquisite.

I think you are incredible and I hate you all at the same time.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #12 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:38am
Print Post  
JC wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:03am:
I think you are incredible and I hate you all at the same time.

I would tell you it is because I am awesome, but you know that already.

PS - I am awesome.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #13 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 1:51am:

If you're having trouble seeing the numbers, you're probably viewing the video in one of Youtube's default filesizes - 360p or 480p.

I run at, record, encode, and upload at 1920x1200.  If you go to the little "gear" near the bottom right of the video screen, click it, scroll up to "Original" and click that, you should be seeing it at flawless awesome quality.

I have no idea why Youtube does this, or why I can't change the settings for it.  If there's a way, I don't know it (uploader-side, or viewer-side). 

someguy wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:27am:
what do you use for file size compression? ive got a lot of frapsed footage but cant find any decent FREE software. i dont mind paying for software eventually but i hate paying for stuff i cant try out first lol.

ddo looks so fun watching people with real connections play it. its all smooth and nice looking. /jelly

Thanks.  Fiber Optic is the boss.

I use a program called VirtualDub, and x264vfw Codec for compression encoding.

I mostly am based off of Shade's guide on the matter.  I do recall I had some difficulties following his instructions exactly and getting desired results, so expect a bit of tinkering.  Either way, it was free, so worth a bit of effort.

Darkrok wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:35am:
I really like mass charm and symbol of persuasion in there.  Charmed enemies don't count toward more enemies spawning.  That means that you can get quite an army and have them beating down the new spawns.  They'll also beat on the end boss for you if they're still charmed.

I play around with that on my Spellsinger some.  But I've found that while fun and satisfying to see my enemies tear one another apart, all it really does is lengthen the time it takes me to complete the experience.  Also, since they do have Shavarath's boost to saves, I find even at DC 41 Enchantment they tend to break, and then I have entirely too many mobs attacking me at once.  That's normally when in a group, however.

Madcow430 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:49am:

Keep in mind that there are some mechanics about it slightly different than other quests.  For example, the more people that are inside the more mobs that will spawn.  The difference between solo or full party is the difference between 93 Total Kills, and right around 330 Total kills.

DR is King.  Torc/Concordant Opp certainly don't hurt, but aren't strictly necessary.  DR's the biggest.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2012 at 1:32pm by Landar »  

Sarlona

IP Logged

Orberon
Waterworks Kobold

Is It Not Nifty?

Reply #14 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
It took me 50+ elite solo runs on my FvS to get his, in the end it was passed by a pugger invited in to loot free chest.

So much fun ... not. meh

3325863186 2432 881621163412 3216 24313124331933248826 1932 3216878621163412 53243325 89863232 248833868989242686884286 198834 87163186 3286883286 33251988 5386 25195786. - 341688 258631168934

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #15 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Orberon wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 1:37pm:
It took me 50+ elite solo runs on my FvS to get his, in the end it was passed by a pugger invited in to loot free chest.

So much fun ... not. meh

That sounds like something stupid I would do lol. 

@ OP Thanks for the vid!

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Landar wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 1:25pm:
I play around with that on my Spellsinger some.  But I've found that while fun and satisfying to see my enemies tear one another apart, all it really does is lengthen the time it takes me to complete the experience.  Also, since they do have Shavarath's boost to saves, I find even at DC 41 Enchantment they tend to break, and then I have entirely too many mobs attacking me at once.  That's normally when in a group, however.

There must be some crazy dungeon scaling for saves depending on group size.  I was about 60-70% on the non-dogs/non-casters in there when I didn't get the blue shields.  That was solo though.  If I dropped a symbol I typically had about 80% of the mobs charmed by the time the symbol faded.  This was on a toon w/o Yugo favor so no pots.  I had no Enchant feats so I was sitting at 37 enchant DC.

I'll have to time it on this life charm versus necro approaches.  I'm doing a WF'd AM life right now that's necro/enchant so I should be able to try both approaches.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint