Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dearest 'nando (Read 5050 times)
Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Dearest 'nando
Sep 14th, 2012 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Once you realize you've screwed the game with the decisions you've made this year, I'll give you a head start on the proper way to communicate to the player base.  You could probably use this with just a few substitutions here and there.

Quote:
Dear Followers of EVE Online,

The past few months have been very humbling for me. I’ve done much soul searching, and what follows is my sincere effort to clear the air with all of you. Please bear with me as I find my way through.

The estrangement from CCP that many of you have been feeling of late is my fault, and for that I am truly sorry. There are many contributing factors, but in the end it is I who must shoulder the responsibility for much of what has happened. In short, my zeal for pushing EVE to her true potential made me lose sight of doing the simple things right. I was impatient when I should have been cautious, defiant when I should have been conciliatory and arrogant when I should have been humble.

This soul searching took me back to when EVE was just an idea. Bringing her to life in 2003 was, in many people’s minds, impossible. But we found a way because EVE is something unique in the world. Getting her to 100,000 subscribers was an even more fantastical feat. Before long, we were launching in China, making DUST 514, merging with White Wolf to build World of Darkness, building Carbon, growing the company to 600 people, increasing our subscriber count beyond that of the population of Iceland and on and on, one resounding success after the next despite earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and even a world economic collapse.

Somewhere along the way, I began taking success for granted. As hubris set in, I became less inclined to listen to pleas for caution. Red flags raised by very smart people both at CCP and in the community went unheeded because of my stubborn refusal to allow adversity to gain purchase on our plans. Mistakes, even when they were acknowledged, often went unanalyzed, leaving the door open for them to be repeated.

You have spoken, loudly and clearly, with your words and with your actions. And there were definitely moments in recent history when I wish I would have listened more and taken a different path.

I was wrong and I admit it.

You can read the rest of how to properly interact with your player base here: Eve Online
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2012 at 10:50am by Bill Z Bubb »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: Dearest 'nando
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 10:58am
Print Post  
CCP is a pretty awesome company.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 11:01am
Print Post  
If they are hiring someone should tell Maj Mal.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 11:28am
Print Post  
But he likes a challenge!

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Isn't this like a zillion years old or did another CCP employee make another forgive me speech?

IP Logged

Jackknife of Sarlona
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Combat Wombat wrote on Sep 14th, 2012 at 6:13pm:
Isn't this like a zillion years old or did another CCP employee make another forgive me speech?

Either way, it's not a bad idea for Fernando to try.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Combat Wombat wrote on Sep 14th, 2012 at 6:13pm:

It was posted in October 2011.

IP Logged

siftrant
Korthos Resident

what?

Reply #7 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Quote:
It was posted in October 2011.

Which is basically a zillion years ago in internet time.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #8 - Sep 17th, 2012 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
The supposed uber players and exploiters got exactly what they wanted.

Content being streamed to them every two months that are buggy.  Guild ships that are buggy.  Turbine has a complete lack of a methodology so the same mistakes are not repeated over and over and over and over again.  Hence, why the same things keep breaking over and over and over again.

I voted for stuff that would work over bad content but that was as popular as me saying I liked farting in your own sleeping bag in your own tent, by yourself.

I am of the complete bent now that to exploit is the only way to play the game.  Exploiters are rewarded, non-exploiters are mushrooms growing in a cave.

Please enjoy the game that the ubers wanted.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #9 - Sep 17th, 2012 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Sep 17th, 2012 at 3:16pm:

Content being streamed to them every two months that are buggy.  Guild ships that are buggy. 

Help me out with what seems to me like a gigantic leap in logic.  You're saying that ubers and exploiters want(ed) buggy quests and buggy ships?  How exactly are they helped by these things? 

I have to imagine that for every exploit that slips through, there's ten (or maybe closer to a 100) times as many non-productive bugs that slip through that no one wants to suffer through.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 17th, 2012 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Sep 17th, 2012 at 3:16pm:

Content being streamed to them every two months that are buggy.  Guild ships that are buggy.  Turbine has a complete lack of a methodology so the same mistakes are not repeated over and over and over and over again.  Hence, why the same things keep breaking over and over and over again.

I voted for stuff that would work over bad content but that was as popular as me saying I liked farting in your own sleeping bag in your own tent, by yourself.

I am of the complete bent now that to exploit is the only way to play the game.  Exploiters are rewarded, non-exploiters are mushrooms growing in a cave.

Please enjoy the game that the ubers wanted.

Probably the most retarded post on the vault.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #11 - Sep 18th, 2012 at 1:24am
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 17th, 2012 at 11:44pm:
Probably the most retarded post on the vault.

And that's after Bazinga has posted A LOT!

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Sep 18th, 2012 at 8:35am
Print Post  
Shocked

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Sep 20th, 2012 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
There's nothing wrong with Fernando or Turbine.  DDO is full of unicorns farting rainbows.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #14 - Sep 22nd, 2012 at 11:45pm
Print Post  

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #15 - Sep 23rd, 2012 at 9:09am
Print Post  
I like the game more now than at any other point except maybe the litany of the dead loot run days.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint