Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bugs, bugs, bugs (Read 3650 times)
Azog
Ex Member

Bugs, bugs, bugs
Oct 15th, 2012 at 2:02am
Print Post  
Was very funny yesterday with my cleric.
Healing Aura was not working, I had to change weapons, run around, jump, and then it worked.
Healing burst was also healing almost nothing to Halforcs or WF. Here and there I was healing over 100 points, the Halforc was healed only 5 points.
And it came from within, the healing burst, you know...

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Re: Bugs, bugs, bugs
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Yeah, this is depressingly sad.  They introduced a bug to the Radiant Prestige.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 5:17am
Print Post  
yeah, instead of not firing when you didn't target yourself.... not it wastes a turn undead.

While trying to fix an annoying bug they introduced a more annoying bug.  Cry

I wasted a few Turns from my 25 in the Shroud[Hard] yesterday...

Note that I didn't notice any change in the amount healed by it : from 40ish up to 300+ depending on Healing Bonus people had and my own healing Crits.

Solo hjeeled shroudie using only mass cure light and an occasional mass cure serious...
( ok I do that too in Elite Shroud, so it's not really challending )
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2012 at 5:20am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 6:27am
Print Post  
I had this several times with a Halforc. The player told me politely that I had to right click on the burst and check maximize and so on, he thought I was doing it wrong. I was healing him like 5 hit points instead of 100.
Then, with my static group, the artificer drow has that stupid feat (construct essence) and I had the same problem.
The hjeals worked fine...I think.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #4 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 8:10am
Print Post  
Maybe the auras have some kind of dignity mechanism?

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 9:00am
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Oct 15th, 2012 at 8:10am:
Maybe the auras have some kind of dignity mechanism?

Grin  yes, that was it.

Btw, also invisible with my Arti...

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Got Amara's belt for the first time the other night - but when I use the Superior Ardor VIII clickie, it actually REDUCES my incoming self-heals.  130's normally, 100-110 with ardor.

Only thing I use it for is spell point buffer coming into a quest.
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2012 at 9:33am by karatekid »  

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Just in time for Mabar!

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #8 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 10:40am
Print Post  
I don't play clerics, but from what I've read:

- You have to swing your weapon after your spellpower changes (from equipment swap, clicky, whatever) or your healing is fucked.
- 15.2 flipped the aura bug - instead of requiring you not to have anything targeted, you now HAVE to have something targeted when you activate aura or it won't work.

Also, speaking of 15.2 bugs, all traps are now giving fire trap parts instead of the type they should.
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2012 at 10:45am by cdr »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #9 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 10:47am
Print Post  
The Horc probably just drank a potion. It's the same reason some pallys are seeing 1hp LoH occasionally: potions break incoming spell power somehow.

I was running my bard with a guildie who was on his barb yesterday, and when I would go to heal him, it would be super low because he was drinking pots so I didn't have to keep healing him.

I'd rather just heal him than have him pot up. Even SF pots. I have plenty of mana and plenty of heal scrolls. It's all good. But that bug is seriously annoying.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 11:18am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Oct 15th, 2012 at 10:40am:
I don't play clerics, but from what I've read:

- You have to swing your weapon after your spellpower changes (from equipment swap, clicky, whatever) or your healing is fucked.

That is the fucktard that is not getting healed, not the cleric trying to heal him/her/it.
And it's worse than that.
I had it happen to my barbarian... when I was drinking healing pots... it was reducing the hjeel I was receiving when the Cleric was hjeeling me... until I started swinging by big axe.

- 15.2 flipped the aura bug - instead of requiring you not to have anything targeted, you now HAVE to have something targeted when you activate aura or it won't work.

Yup, and it's pretty annoying, I prefer the old bug, as at least it wasn't wasting your Turns/DV/DA/DB.

Also, speaking of 15.2 bugs, all traps are now giving fire trap parts instead of the type they should.

In the quests where trap parts drops... there's still so many traps that don't drop any parts... for example Epic VON 3 = No trap parts. The Kender wasn't happy.

IP Logged

Eyeran
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 15th, 2012 at 11:18am:

That is the fucktard that is not getting healed, not the cleric trying to heal him/her/it.

Well since the cleric aura also heals the cleric, the cleric IS one of the fucktards getting healed.  Swing your weapon after you do any swap or you aura won't do shit for you.  Same goes for palemasters (hope you didn't want to use your bauble in the middle of a big fight and then heal afterward!)

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #12 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 15th, 2012 at 10:47am:
The Horc probably just drank a potion. It's the same reason some pallys are seeing 1hp LoH occasionally: potions break incoming spell power somehow.

I was running my bard with a guildie who was on his barb yesterday, and when I would go to heal him, it would be super low because he was drinking pots so I didn't have to keep healing him.

I'd rather just heal him than have him pot up. Even SF pots. I have plenty of mana and plenty of heal scrolls. It's all good. But that bug is seriously annoying.

Ya, this was my guess as well for some of Azog's issues. 

(I don't have a year or two to work through the remaining ones...  )   Grin

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #13 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
There is some weird thing going on with Spell Power right now besides the 0 spell power bug due to pots/clickies/swapping gear. It has to do with having multiple spell power items equipped. Something is allowing the lower SP item to have precedence in some situations. Haven't narrowed down the cause of it yet.

This doesn't sound like the issue you are having with it hitting one player for less healing though. That part really sounds like the pot/clicky/gear swap thing. Especially since your numbers are what it would hit for with 0 SP/no metas + reduced healing amp.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #14 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Eyeran wrote on Oct 15th, 2012 at 11:26am:
Well since the cleric aura also heals the cleric, the cleric IS one of the fucktards getting healed.  

I don't swap weapon I have that nice +120 Devotion, Improved Empower Heal II, Healing lore  ( the 12% version ) Mace. I dont need to swap.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Oct 15th, 2012 at 1:52pm:
There is some weird thing going on with Spell Power right now besides the 0 spell power bug due to pots/clickies/swapping gear. It has to do with having multiple spell power items equipped. Something is allowing the lower SP item to have precedence in some situations. Haven't narrowed down the cause of it yet.

This doesn't sound like the issue you are having with it hitting one player for less healing though. That part really sounds like the pot/clicky/gear swap thing. Especially since your numbers are what it would hit for with 0 SP/no metas + reduced healing amp.

Well, one thing I found with that for the last patch, is that at least for items with spellpower and implement bonuses, swapping an item with the same implement bonus would strip that off, both display and effect wise. So say you've that cloak, and an elemental caster-stick, switching to a different element would strip that.

I've also noted that equipping and using a wand kills it off as well, whether it's in an item-set or not.

(And yes maj, I reported it. I seee yooooou. Tongue)
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2012 at 2:02pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint