Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sundays (Read 1358 times)
karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Sundays
Dec 9th, 2012 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Been meaning to ask this for a while, but never remember - does Turbine stage patches or backup on Sundays?  Always seems to be buggier and laggier on Sundays.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Re: Sundays
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2012 at 2:12am
Print Post  
I think it's just more people logged in and their servers at max capacity.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2012 at 6:16am
Print Post  
they do backups between like 3-4 AM Eastern time every day, which can kind of see lag but isn't bad lately

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2012 at 7:54am
Print Post  
I'm looking at the time this thread was posted and that was in the middle of the OMFG lag on Khyber.  My whole guild got hit:  I stutter-stepped for 15 minutes through House K; a party in and EE King's Forest quest got hit just as a red name battle started...they wiped without even being able to swing their weapons; folks in the bank or in the crafting halls were unable to move stuff from one window to another; etc.

Yeah...it sucked.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2012 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Sunday evening U.S. time is a pretty heavy load, yeah.  There were a two or three times on Sunday I got hit with lag that was pretty rough and lasted more than a second or two.  Was worse than I've seen it for a while.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #5 - Dec 10th, 2012 at 9:13am
Print Post  
They are doing an update/hotfix today. I guess they do load it the day before. It seemed that I lagged more when they were doing that.
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2012 at 9:14am by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Dec 10th, 2012 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Dec 10th, 2012 at 7:54am:
I'm looking at the time this thread was posted and that was in the middle of the OMFG lag on Khyber.  My whole guild got hit:  I stutter-stepped for 15 minutes through House K; a party in and EE King's Forest quest got hit just as a red name battle started...they wiped without even being able to swing their weapons; folks in the bank or in the crafting halls were unable to move stuff from one window to another; etc.

Yeah...it sucked.

OK, then it wasn't just Thelanis - That's what prompted me to post - everything was going wonky so I figured it was time for a smoke.

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #7 - Dec 10th, 2012 at 9:53am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Dec 10th, 2012 at 9:13am:
They are doing an update/hotfix today. I guess they do load it the day before. It seemed that I lagged more when they were doing that.

No game update from what I can tell. I just loaded the launcher and no files downloaded.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint