Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Is it just me... (Read 28521 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Is it just me...
Reply #125 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 5:11am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jan 7th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
I wish you were mean to me.

We never really grouped together when you were playing on khyber. Sad times.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #126 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 10:59am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Jan 7th, 2013 at 5:09pm:
ddo is hard... these types of ZOMG posts have been frequwnt on the vault since I joined almost 2years ago... seems like there is just a new thing to blame having trouble with the content on.

The people on the vault are shitty ddo players, for the most part.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #127 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jan 8th, 2013 at 10:59am:

I don't need to be good at DDO, I have boobs.  /nexx

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #128 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jan 8th, 2013 at 10:59am:

Guilty as charged.  Cheesy

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #129 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Jan 8th, 2013 at 11:36am:
Guilty as charged.  Cheesy

I was speaking in generalities and not at all thinking of you. I even noticed and remarked at how you were getting better the more lives we finished. I'm done TRing for a while, though. I'm re-learning end game.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #130 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately, I'm not very good at anything. Except being bad at stuff.

That's a mindfuck.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #131 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 8th, 2013 at 1:34pm:
Unfortunately, I'm not very good at anything. Except being bad at stuff.

That's a mindfuck.

the important thing is to stick with what you are good at... Forever Sarlona!  Wink

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #132 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 3:29am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 3rd, 2013 at 7:59am:
No you don't.

It's a fucking fallacy.  It might have been true with NT 4.0.   Now it's just an old joke that only idiots and neck bearded Nix Admins still believe.

Really? I admire your lack of knowledge of the current crop of Microsoft Operating Systems, so I don't really need to read more of this thread.

Monthly patches from Microsoft have reduced the stats on this, but Microsoft's self-tuning creates havoc for several products (you have to reboot for it to quit fighting for the resources with programs loaded on it). The answer was to throw a lot of hardware (mainly memory) at the issue.

No, I do hate Macs, and don't worship *nix.  I just had to suffer the Microsoft "more-mediocre-products bundled together for the masses" which reminds me somewhat of Turbine (but to a lesser extent).  Don't worry, I heard that Turbine hired the Apple people who previously did the iPhone maps (who previously worked for Microsoft  Wink).

IP Logged

DDONoob
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #133 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 5:18am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 2nd, 2013 at 11:38am:
...or does anyone else find it a sad state of affairs that Turbine now has to restart the servers every 7 days to keep them from crashing?

The state of the DDO code will only get worse. Expect more and more problems until the servers are down for days at a time, and Turbine will be force to close the game to see if they can fix it.

They will probably not be able to and that will be the end of DDO.  Cry

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #134 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 7:03am
Print Post  
And it's not 7 days anymore... it's every 4 days if they want to avoid the crash of G-Land over hte Week end.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #135 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Jan 15th, 2013 at 3:29am:
Really? I admire your lack of knowledge of the current crop of Microsoft Operating Systems, so I don't really need to read more of this thread.

Monthly patches from Microsoft have reduced the stats on this, but Microsoft's self-tuning creates havoc for several products (you have to reboot for it to quit fighting for the resources with programs loaded on it). The answer was to throw a lot of hardware (mainly memory) at the issue.

1) What asshat admin installs patches monthly?   Who doesn't turn off auto update?  Who doesn't use WSUS?  Does patch Tuesday give you wood?

"This autoupdate is great!   Once, a month all my servers patch.  It give me more time to buff my helmet and play with my lonestar.  "

2) What asshat admin doesn't turn off self tuning on mission critical platforms? 

"This database cluster runs my entire fucking bank.  I'm doing millions of transactions per a minute.  I'm just going to let them all defrag at the same time at 2 am on Sunday when no one is watching.  This automation is great!" 

Nothing will go wrong with that plan..

3) I thought I qualified with if you know what you are doing which you obviously don't.   Stupid is as stupid does.

4) I've been doing this for 20 years.

5)  You have a cute little avatar but you're a dipshit.

6) Eat a dick
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2013 at 8:16am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #136 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 8:07am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 24th, 2013 at 7:03am:
And it's not 7 days anymore... it's every 4 days if they want to avoid the crash of G-Land over hte Week end.

It's fucking unreal.  It makes me wonder who else was fired or left...that they can't seem to sort this out.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #137 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 11:32am
Print Post  
They probably shipped server support to India and the only remedies the Indians know is to reboot the machines.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #138 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 11:53am
Print Post  
I am waiting for a fainboi to come on with "It is perfectly normal for servers to crash sporadically, and go unfixed for several weeks. You are asking for to much, wanting a stable game environment. Reinstalling your OS should fix it, or get some better equipment noob."

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #139 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 12:00pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #140 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 24th, 2013 at 11:53am:
I am waiting for a fainboi to come on with "It is perfectly normal for servers to crash sporadically, and go unfixed for several weeks. You are asking for to much, wanting a stable game environment. Reinstalling your OS should fix it, or get some better equipment noob."

The only person who could say that last night's 8:15pm server drop was OK was someone who was not actually on at the time.  I was 5 minutes away from completing a 30-40 minute quest.  I stood around killing bats to get conquest in a Coal Chamber run and it bit me in the ass.  If I had just killed the cube and moved on, I might have completed before it crashed. 

I didn't bother to try to log back on later.  I just went on to doing other things. 

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #141 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 24th, 2013 at 12:15pm:
I didn't bother to try to log back on later.  I just went on to doing other things. 

This is the biggest problem when a game has stability issues.  People get frustrated and do something else and eventually that something else replaces the game.  The fact that they are not taking this more seriously is shocking.

Quote:

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #142 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 24th, 2013 at 11:53am:

Not in my job... Crash are categorized as an incident... traffic affecting crash are categorized as High ( deal with is ASAP during normal hour ) if impact is less than 20% traffic.... traffic affecting crash over 20% traffic are categorized as emergency and shall be dealt with ASAP even if it means waking up a few guys.

( note : I said incident... because there's incidents that can affect traffic that are not involving a crash and a crash can have no traffic impact... at least in my job... Telco )

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #143 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Oh and yes I'm one of those guys that gets paged/phoned/woken up at indecent hours when something goes belly up and affect more than 20% of the traffic.

And the Almost an hour response time from Turbine everytime G-Land crash irks me a lot.

I'd get fired if I took an hour to respond and fix a 100% traffic affecting emergency.
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2013 at 1:45pm by Flav »  

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #144 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 24th, 2013 at 1:42pm:
I'd get fired if I took an hour to respond and fix a 100% traffic affecting emergency.

I bet you work on something more important than a B-list MMORPG.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #145 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jan 24th, 2013 at 1:50pm:
I bet you work on something more important than a B-list MMORPG.

Telco.
As in I work for one of the company that sells telecom equipments to all the operators in Froggy Lands.

And one of my most favorite move, when I get called is :
Me : Ok, I can fix it really fast by restarting the system. But you won't get the root cause and I won't be able to investigate on the problem.  Investigating and collecting the logs will take me one hour or two, but you will be given the root cause of the problem and we will be able to develop a fix.
Telco : Restart the system now.  ( they always answer that )
Me : Ok, restarting, the traffic should be back up in about 2 minutes.
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2013 at 2:00pm by Flav »  

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #146 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 24th, 2013 at 1:53pm:
Telco.
As in I work for one of the company that sells telecom equipments to all the operators in Froggy Lands.

And one of my most favorite move, when I get called is :
Me : Ok, I can fix it really fast by restarting the system. But you won't get the root cause and I won't be able to investigate on the problem.  Investigating and collecting the logs will take me one hour or two, but you will be given the root cause of the problem and we will be able to develop a fix.
Telco : Restart the system now.  ( they always answer that )
Me : Ok, restarting, the traffic should be back up in about 2 minutes.

A buggy bird in the land is worth 3 in the bush?

I've been intrigued at the DDOOracle stats. I control 19 toons, and there's 240k on Khyber? This game is tiny. Anyone know their archive schedule?

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #147 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Jan 24th, 2013 at 2:43pm:
A buggy bird in the land is worth 3 in the bush?

I've been intrigued at the DDOOracle stats. I control 19 toons, and there's 240k on Khyber? This game is tiny. Anyone know their archive schedule?

...and that doesn't take activity into account.  This is a small MMO.  Any population changes can have a drastic effect.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #148 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Holy shit there are only 17000 toons on Wayfinder...what an utter failure that server was.

Quote:

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #149 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 24th, 2013 at 3:11pm:
...and that doesn't take activity into account.  This is a small MMO.  Any population changes can have a drastic effect.

I have an idea they do archive off complete inactives off the data myDDO is driven from, though, which would I think affect these stats too. Based on looking folk up who have left MAC I'd guess at a year, but it's genuinely a guess. But yes. This game is tiny.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint