Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Is it just me... (Read 28532 times)
Gawna
Ex Member

Re: Is it just me...
Reply #50 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Chai told me that there is no lag, so it was clearly something on my end.  And all other 11 people in 2 different parties.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 4th, 2013 at 12:05pm:
Could be a Khyber thing...it wouldn't be a first but it been going on for months.  I would be just questing and would lock up.  Couple that with gross UMD lag and it was brutal to play.

Happens on Thelanis quite a bit as well. Locks up a whole party at times, but the last time I cross-checked in-guild, it wasn't a serverwide lock at that point. Probably more instance shananananigans.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
How big (ie used to be 9 gigs or so) is DDO now with expansion?
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2013 at 3:33pm by livefreeordie »  

IP Logged

Orberon
Waterworks Kobold

Is It Not Nifty?

Reply #53 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Ran an abbot for the first time in a long time a couple of nights ago on Sarlona, the lag was so bad 11 lvl25s had a hell of a time beating him down just to get the doors to spawn.

People were all over the place because for them the abbot was right in front of them but in reality he had already moved to a new spot, this went on for a good five minutes and then everything was just fine.

3325863186 2432 881621163412 3216 24313124331933248826 1932 3216878621163412 53243325 89863232 248833868989242686884286 198834 87163186 3286883286 33251988 5386 25195786. - 341688 258631168934

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
In VoD, Suulo would just randomly re-aggro every few seconds.  Intim wouldn't work, tanking wouldn't work, it was a mess.  And then a couple second hiccup every time trash spawned.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Last night I hopped on to run raids because Grace commanded it.  FUCK YOU DDO.  Ran VoD, good ole Hordo fell down to the bottom and as soon as he reached the rest of the party, we all simultaneously locked up for a solid 3 minutes.  Couldn't move, couldn't do anything.  Then it happened again in part 4 of Shroud.  We're all beating on Harry, all of a sudden the damage numbers stop and the blades aren't moving in anymore.  It happened to everyone in the group.  Every once in a while I would be tossed up in the air and hovering over Harry like an out of body experience and then back down.  We all died except Hordo (that's how you know lag is bad), but no one got taken to the penalty box.  All of a sudden we all hit the loading screen and are trapped there for another couple minutes.  Then the Recall button doesn't work once we arrive at the penalty box.  I was so fucking enraged.  The same thing happened the other night in a quest.  What the fuck is going on?  I've never experienced anything like that before in all my time in this game, let alone to the entire party.  FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME.

One of the puggers typed in party chat, "Cue the why GW2 is better speech..."  Grin

I think that was Hordo that said that, actually.  Grin

I went out of my way to give you the full DDO treatment, Gawna! You got the following:

1. We finish DQ1 and I realize I forgot to talk to the djinn.
2. I fall off something in the Sands.
3. Subterrane lag and Hordo death.
4. Stormreaver bugs and ticket has to be put in.
5. Fun pugger that makes you enraged and sends me angry tells.
6. Grace death.
7. Raid failure due to lag.

Not everyone can get that kind of package in one night. ILU

(I had fun anyway.)
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2013 at 3:43pm by Grace »  

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #56 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
In VoD, Suulo would just randomly re-aggro every few seconds.  Intim wouldn't work, tanking wouldn't work, it was a mess.  And then a couple second hiccup every time trash spawned.

Sounds like some of the improved deception shenanigans that have been happening lately.

Tried testing it out a few nights back and sometimes it was just making the mob spin and other times it would just go completely mental and swap aggro.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
I would still log in for you, Grace!  /vaginahighfive

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #58 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Jan 4th, 2013 at 3:56pm:
Sounds like some of the improved deception shenanigans that have been happening lately.

Are you implying they ever stopped?  The agro tables and agro management has been fucked in this game since day one.  They have never really "fixed" it.  They masked some of the issues sure but agro has always been haywire if deception, Diplo, Bluff, are used when someone is Intim tanking.  Seven years and the agro queues have never worked correctly. 
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2013 at 4:04pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
I have off on Sunday!

she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #60 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jan 4th, 2013 at 3:33pm:
How big (ie used to be 9 gigs or so) is DDO now with expansion?

Over 9000 MB.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #61 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 4th, 2013 at 11:54am:
That's the thing...  these aren't little issues I'm not pissed because an ED doesn't work.  These are massive, game breaking, and fun sucking issues.  They ruin the whole experience.  They are also completely unacknowledged by Turbine.  In all the time I have played game quality has never been this bad.   It's disgusting what they have done and how they are handling it. Honestly, over dozens of MMO's over a dozen years I can only think of a few instances where issues were this bad and most of those were fixed within days or weeks and came with massive "We're sorry" free game time.

Couple things that bother me about this:  1) it isn't happening to everyone, so we get the apologists on the forums saying upgrade (I won't go down that path again, because it makes me have to go "oooooohhhhm" a la Jackie Gleason... beep beep beep beep).  and 2) the major gamus interruptus shit WAITS till you get good an into something (like a half hour/45 minutes or so in) THEN fucking goes apeshit.  It only takes like two of these, and an evening's pretty much ruined.

And yah - it makes it worse when Turbine doesn't say shit - they have to know how unstable this thing's become.  At least acknowledge and lie and say you're working on it when you know you're just letting it die on the vine.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #62 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 4th, 2013 at 12:05pm:
Could be a Khyber thing...it wouldn't be a first but it been going on for months.  I would be just questing and would lock up.  Couple that with gross UMD lag and it was brutal to play.

It's not just Khyber - I play on Thelanis exclusively and am seeing this anomalous shit, too.  Maybe Khyber's got more eyes on it?

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #63 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 4th, 2013 at 3:21pm:
Turbine is unable to recreate this "lag" you speak of. Reinstall your os.

And buy more fucking hardware.

ohhhhhmmmm!

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #64 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Jan 4th, 2013 at 6:51pm:
Couple things that bother me about this:  1) it isn't happening to everyone, so we get the apologists on the forums saying upgrade (I won't go down that path again, because it makes me have to go "oooooohhhhm" a la Jackie Gleason... beep beep beep beep).  and 2) the major gamus interruptus shit WAITS till you get good an into something (like a half hour/45 minutes or so in) THEN fucking goes apeshit.  It only takes like two of these, and an evening's pretty much ruined.

And yah - it makes it worse when Turbine doesn't say shit - they have to know how unstable this thing's become.  At least acknowledge and lie and say you're working on it when you know you're just letting it die on the vine.

Number 1 is my fav.  I can run games that put DDO to shame and you get the fanbois yelling get better hardware it doesn't happen to me.  Like Gawna said, when everyone on vent locks up together in different instances it sure as fuck isn't the client machine.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #65 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Jan 4th, 2013 at 6:51pm:

I'm becoming increasingly convinced they've got some sort of arcane party-client syncing code going on under the hood trying to keep folks on the same page there, and it's interfering with the client-server system, because when this latest one crops up, I can keep attacking on a melee till it clears, for instance, and things will be dead by the time the hitching stops, which isn't something you'd likely note if it was a case of the clients not being able to keep up with the server, or the instance itself actually halting. After all, at that point, the server either wouldn't be getting, or wouldn't be processing client commands...
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2013 at 8:48pm by »  

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Jan 5th, 2013 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm becoming increasingly convinced they've got some sort of arcane party-client syncing code going on under the hood trying to keep folks on the same page there, and it's interfering with the client-server system, because when this latest one crops up, I can keep attacking on a melee till it clears, for instance, and things will be dead by the time the hitching stops, which isn't something you'd likely note if it was a case of the clients not being able to keep up with the server, or the instance itself actually halting. After all, at that point, the server either wouldn't be getting, or wouldn't be processing client commands...

I found larafay very amusing during these so-called lag spikes. she doesnt lag.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #67 - Jan 5th, 2013 at 11:08am
Print Post  
I had lag lastnight, as did 1 other party member, made it tough to heal during mass orthon spawns ina shortman devils assault.. no death, I got extra kills because the other melee wasnt getting dice roles. It made itexciting  Tongue

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Jan 5th, 2013 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
We had weird lag last night doing Tor scale runs too.

she's Kmack's property

Quote:

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #69 - Jan 5th, 2013 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:

See, the Devs DO hate casters...   Roll Eyes

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #70 - Jan 5th, 2013 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Jan 5th, 2013 at 12:33pm:
See, the Devs DO hate casters...   Roll Eyes

Had I used 'obscure' would it have been clearer?
Dunno for spamming spells, since my PMs TRing (again).
Probably also worth noting that VoIP still functions normally, so that subsystems also unaffected.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #71 - Jan 6th, 2013 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Seems more like every four days to me, not seven days.

Tomorrow is Monday, Jannuary 7.  End of Festivult, maybe the beginning of Risia.  Guess what you will read later on tonight on the login screen?  Server Bounce Monday January 7.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #72 - Jan 7th, 2013 at 11:22am
Print Post  
We all got locked up again in every raid we ran.  It wasn't as long as the long ass one that caused a Shroud fail, but got hit with one as I was running across a bridge in Von6.  I was able to haltingly move across so I didn't die, but it caused a base 2 to die.  ()&#@)$(#*  It is so fucking irritating and, like someone else said, it doesn't happen when you first step in and are doing something unimportant, it happens at a succeed or fail moment and that's what makes it frustrating.

Suulo was again having monster aggro issues last night.  Thankfully Grace got what she wanted so I never have to step into that stupid raid ever again.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Jan 7th, 2013 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
We all got locked up again in every raid we ran.  It wasn't as long as the long ass one that caused a Shroud fail, but got hit with one as I was running across a bridge in Von6.  I was able to haltingly move across so I didn't die, but it caused a base 2 to die.  ()&#@)$(#*  It is so fucking irritating and, like someone else said, it doesn't happen when you first step in and are doing something unimportant, it happens at a succeed or fail moment and that's what makes it frustrating.

Suulo was again having monster aggro issues last night.  Thankfully Grace got what she wanted so I never have to step into that stupid raid ever again.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Hey, one of my alts wants the goggles. Want to run VoD?

she's Kmack's property

Quote:

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #74 - Jan 7th, 2013 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jan 7th, 2013 at 12:28pm:
Hey, one of my alts wants the goggles. Want to run VoD?

I worked so hard in that VoD run, that I was exhausted, but I'm willing to put in the effort for your goggles.

Wink

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint