Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Gold star award for trolling goes to... Snootch! (Read 5953 times)
whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Gold star award for trolling goes to... Snootch!
Feb 1st, 2013 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
He's back.

And fuck me, he's good at baiting people. Bad advice that's not ALL awful, if I was a new player he'd have sucked me in.

Troll account, please ignore

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Re: Gold star award for trolling goes to... Snootch!
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
whothefuckami wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 5:06pm:
He's back.

And fuck me, he's good at baiting people. Bad advice that's not ALL awful, if I was a new player he'd have sucked me in.

so you rerolled you fvs as 6 con drow?

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Well you don't get the gold star for posting, that's for sure.
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1359710187

IP Logged

Shmuel
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
isn't trolling intentional? I always was under the impression Snootch was not so much a troll, just more of a moron/psychopath/narcissist

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Snootchie bootchies is sort of an accidental troll - he wants to "convert" as many people that don't know better to his religion of No HP and anyone spelling out how he's a moron in black in white ruins that. But he learned that the Turbine forum mods will infract pretty much anything that someone reports and he can just report anyone that counters him and all is well.

IP Logged

Feklar
Korthos Resident

Not a hater, ... unless
you're human.

Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
It's intentional, but it's not trolling.

You really have to look closely at his language, sentence struct, repetition, and a bunch of other little factors to see what he's doing. He very carefully leads the reader down a garden path. He'll start with obvious truths, and ask the reader to agree. He gets one used to saying "yes", in preparation for when he begins to introduce his lies later on. Also he starts with the pronoun "you", and gradually turns it to "we/us".

He's a brainwasher, and he's 'almost' really good at it. His writing is so very similar to Hubbard, Jones, Hitler that it's kind of scary. I suspect his 'God/Country/Family' slogan is a hint at some kind of militia ties.

Luckily he's not a genius, so he's not likely to get any kind of real mass support with this technique. Unluckily, he has swayed quite a few gullible sheep in the game, so beware.

I haven't read this latest thread of his, so I'm not sure if there is anything reportable in there, but I DID make a point of dissecting his other vomit and reported it. The guy's a menace.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #6 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Feb 2nd, 2013 at 2:53pm:
Snootchie bootchies is sort of an accidental troll - he wants to "convert" as many people that don't know better to his religion of No HP and anyone spelling out how he's a moron in black in white ruins that. But he learned that the Turbine forum mods will infract pretty much anything that someone reports and he can just report anyone that counters him and all is well.

Yup, all of the posts that were critical of his ideas that used to be on the first page of that thread have been deleted, even if they were civil.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #7 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Feklar wrote on Feb 2nd, 2013 at 3:01pm:
It's intentional, but it's not trolling.

You really have to look closely at his language, sentence struct, repetition, and a bunch of other little factors to see what he's doing. He very carefully leads the reader down a garden path. He'll start with obvious truths, and ask the reader to agree. He gets one used to saying "yes", in preparation for when he begins to introduce his lies later on. Also he starts with the pronoun "you", and gradually turns it to "we/us".

He's a brainwasher, and he's 'almost' really good at it. His writing is so very similar to Hubbard, Jones, Hitler that it's kind of scary. I suspect his 'God/Country/Family' slogan is a hint at some kind of militia ties.

Luckily he's not a genius, so he's not likely to get any kind of real mass support with this technique. Unluckily, he has swayed quite a few gullible sheep in the game, so beware.

I haven't read this latest thread of his, so I'm not sure if there is anything reportable in there, but I DID make a point of dissecting his other vomit and reported it. The guy's a menace.

There were some infractable posts in that thread, but there was much more civil criticism that was deleted by the mods.

Log in to Argo and send him a tell. I guarantee that he will try and bait you into saying something he can report you for.

There are some good threads around these parts on him, including some drama in his own guild from when guild members figured out he was full of crap.

IP Logged

Feklar
Korthos Resident

Not a hater, ... unless
you're human.

Reply #8 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
granted then. It's also trolling. Just wanted to point out that it's also brainwashing practice for whatever his R.L. agenda is.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #9 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
I don't know why you guys get het up about him. Look. He sucks, sure. And he plays in some sort of sucksville static group and gets upset when the general populace mock them.

I used to be that person, seriously. I spent my first 3 months in DDO healbotting a no healing friend Warforged and an equally horrendous paladin that hadn't worked out Lay on Hands. I remember being too scared to turn on metas because they would obliterate my spell pool in about 2 mins. But I met a warforged wizzie in a PUG who was kind enough to mentor me and I got better.

The newbs that want to learn won't get sucked in for long. And the ones that wanted to pike your elite completions will still do that, to be honest. This is never going to be a game easy to learn the first time you roll a character. I just shrug and move on.

IP Logged

Shmuel
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
to be honest, i just still bear a grudge form when he decided the best way to get back at people who were calling him out for being a dumbass was to fuck with my entire guild. usually i could care less what any of you fuckers think say or do, but decided on a whim, to actively dislike him for that one reason.

IP Logged

a Kitteh
DQ Assaulter

lolwut?

Reply #11 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
i posted. kill 'em with kindness. let's see what he does with THAT.  Tongue

Grace wrote on Feb 16th, 2012 at 5:14pm:
When a quest thinks you are so bad you need to reroll, that's srsbznz.

IP Logged

Feklar
Korthos Resident

Not a hater, ... unless
you're human.

Likely to be deleted, so cc'd here:
Reply #12 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snootch 
A big apology from the greater majority of the DDO Community to those new players who want to learn things about how veterans play the game in the New Player Advice & Guidance forum but are then subjected to responses that are off-topic. The experiences you have in-game and on the Forums are related.

As far as this thread goes, just read the original post, as it describes in detail the differences between Current Hit Points and Maximum Hit Points, as well as some tips on how veteran players operate safely from the back line. I only post what I have done myself and with others, as you can see in all my posts on the Forums. Check out my characters, who are not Anonymous, and learn how most in the community like to play this game. Of course, also understand why the majority of the Community does not waste time on the Forums - see above.

I have found that the majority in the community play to RPG strategies (as DDO is a RPG), which is why you and I came to this game in the first place. The whole "no roles" crowd is a super-small minority in this community. You have probably already seen players who don't understand better play strategies, and you can see how they operate in-game and on the Forums.

Play with and learn from better players, especially those who read and comprehend the material that they are supposed to be thinking about, and make sure you stear clear of the bad hearts. After all, D&D games are much better when you actually read and comprehend stuff, as you already know.

From what I have read, the only people to have responded to the original post properly, stayed on topic, and understood the points were FireLord1230 and StefferWeffer. Check out more of what they have written, as they represent some of the good guys in this community. The other stuff amounts to what you can see with your own eyes: the stuff that brought you to the New Player Advice & Guidance forum in the first place.

I'll apologize in advance for those so sensitive they have to report my post: I'm not going to be polite, I'm not going to sugar coat.

Snootch, your above post is where you show your true colours. You presume to tell your intended audience, the new player, that he and you are alike, of one mind, in this together. You presume to tell him that the majority of forum posters are to be avoided, you list of reasons based on more faulty logic and falsehood. In fact, I don't believe that the New Player really IS your intended audience at all. I believe that you post this so-called advice with full prior knowledge that it is flawed, in the hopes of inflaming the community that has already ostricized you. Your intention is to bait, not to inform. Your writing style confirms this.

IF in the unlikely event that a New Player is actually reading this, do us ALL a favor. Believe NONE of us. Go play the game and decide for yourself.

@Mods: You may decide that this post requires cubing and I won't hold it against you. But before you release the cube, I ask that you really look hard at Snootch's posting history. If you are honest with yourselves, you will see where the problem really lies.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #13 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Got that hook deep in your craw.

IP Logged

Feklar
Korthos Resident

Not a hater, ... unless
you're human.

Reply #14 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Not really. I"m not foaming at the mouth or losing any sleep. I just want to make his BS a little more visible, even if it means getting an infraction.

All that is required for the triumph of Evil, is that good men do nothing.

P.S. I assume by my new greenie that one of you likes Big Lebowski?
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2013 at 12:14am by Feklar »  

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 8:46am
Print Post  
This post by snootch is now heavily edited from its original form. 
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4876504&postcount=53

IP Logged

ddoplayer064
Dragon Raider

GFY

Reply #16 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Looks like ol' Snootchie was given a vacation...again  Grin

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #17 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Who's next? Can we get Shade frothing at the mouth?

IP Logged

Feklar
Korthos Resident

Not a hater, ... unless
you're human.

Reply #18 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 11:40am
Print Post  
I particularly love my greenie page that shows [green] - N/A, [green] - N/A, [green] - N/A, ...
But at least he'll be quiet again for a while. Smiley

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #19 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 11:54am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Feb 5th, 2013 at 11:06am:
Who's next? Can we get Shade frothing at the mouth?

Well Madstone Boots nerf don't make him froth anymore...
Claw Set nerfs are barely making him post.....
And he won't even go into the impeding clusterfuck called Augments.

And Snootch pattern is easy now :

Get banned a few days, stay put for several month, make a derogatory post and troll bait everybody.
Get the flak and report anybody disagreeing. Gets reported because went into a fight against somebody that disagreed politely. Go at the beginning of that paragraph.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2013 at 11:56am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #20 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Ok, my boobies is gone, so I repost it...and then check out Snootch...it seems he might be taking a minor Forum Vacation... Anyone know if so?

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #21 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
can you rep him? if not, he's banned.

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Doesn't look like you can rep him.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #23 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
I negged him for one of those condescending posts of his and I saw he had 5 or 6 Red Boxes.

My guess is he got the temp ban you get when your rep gets below a certain point.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #24 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Feb 5th, 2013 at 4:37pm:
My guess is he got the temp ban you get when your rep gets below a certain point.

I thought for sure Turbine had turned that off.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint