Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 4/1 is srs bzns (Read 7220 times)
Zap Rowsdower
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

4/1 is srs bzns
Apr 1st, 2013 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=413711

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa_eric View Post
it is my hope that you will just do what is right instead of letting them use forum rules to trump actual in game EULA rules with this charade...these antics have been at the root of corruption since the dawn of time...malicious reteric used to debase truely honest and upstanding people...Turbine, rise above this, let my post stand and get off the dark side juice and stop empowering them through forum rules that NEED to have exceptions made in times like these...i went through the proper channels...nothing has happened...so, the purpose of this is to touch the conscience of those that read it who have the power to "follow the rules" or do what is right when the rules failed..for those who will me like "zomg what does that mean...you make no sense...errr roxxor ju noob"

Mmmmm dark side juice.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2013 at 1:22am by Zap Rowsdower »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: 4/1 is srs bzns
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Remember the guy in Newton who didn't get mental healthcare and went on a shooting spree?  That's what he sounded like before the incident.

What, too soon?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 12:07am:
What, too soon?

No such thing.

IP Logged

Zap Rowsdower
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 12:58am
Print Post  
I thought he was going to put up a video on Youtube next. Guess he's too drunk to remember how  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Now he's admitting a vaca from the forums is likely...  Yup...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Zap Rowsdower
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 1:08am
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 1:03am:
Now he's admitting a vaca from the forums is likely...  Yup...

All part of the 12 step program. Tongue

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 1:49am
Print Post  
Who is playa_eric in game?

IP Logged

Vis
Korthos Resident

Fuck off!

Reply #7 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Slug wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 1:49am:

[QUOTE=playa_eric;3857451] Rameiraz, Hulksmash, Terrets, Paygne, Ellminster or Fulll [/quote]
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2013 at 2:10am by Vis »  

IP Logged

Vanshilar
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Wow that's a nice gem. I'm half-tempted to dig up Shade's old posts about how twitch was absolutely intended and good for the game etc. etc. to see what happens when two self-deluded narcissists try to chest-thump each other into oblivion.

If he's who I'm thinking of, he was a previous applicant to Over Raided and was a decent player but ultimately rejected because too many OR members were concerned that his membership would make OR seem like a bunch of elitist pricks. Let that sink in for a minute...

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #9 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 3:28am
Print Post  
I remember that guy, he's a tool.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 6:16am
Print Post  
Vanshilar wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 2:37am:
Wow that's a nice gem. I'm half-tempted to dig up Shade's old posts about how twitch was absolutely intended and good for the game etc. etc. to see what happens when two self-deluded narcissists try to chest-thump each other into oblivion.

If he's who I'm thinking of, he was a previous applicant to Over Raided and was a decent player but ultimately rejected because too many OR members were concerned that his membership would make OR seem like a bunch of elitist pricks. Let that sink in for a minute...

OP has a point and the THF twitch is totally different than the unarmed twitch that makes this work.  The way it's used is a clear and obvious exploit and it shouldn't be touted as "AoN usability." 

There are lots of players who are very anti-exploit, including a few CE guildies and the resident loreseeker rabbi.  Remember there was a time when people were actually afraid of being banned for exploiting? 
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2013 at 6:18am by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 6:25am
Print Post  
ok so twitching is an exploit? mkay...

IF they manage to fix it so that twitching no longer works so be it, AoN will just join the ranks of utterly useless epic moments.
Anyone remember what the Shiradi epic moment is ? I give you a hint it's NOT the teatime, it's just so horribad that people are used to see teatime as the epic moment, or the fatesinger one, should only works on trash, who the fuck cares about trash, thank god that one is still bugged and works on some, sadly not all, bosses
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2013 at 6:26am by »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 6:30am
Print Post  
Quote:
ok so twitching is an exploit? mkay...

IF they manage to fix it so that twitching no longer works so be it, AoN will just join the ranks of utterly useless epic moments.
Anyone remember what the Shiradi epic moment is ? I give you a hint it's NOT the teatime, it's just so horribad that people are used to see teatime as the epic moment, or the fatesinger one, should only works on trash, who the fuck cares about trash, thank god that one is still bugged and works on some, sadly not all, bosses

Okay, so let's accept your reasoning for a sec: it's not an exploit.

Guess what, it's still massively unbalanced and makes every other melee destiny a waste of time.  It's broken and needs to be changed.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #13 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 6:58am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 6:30am:
Okay, so let's accept your reasoning for a sec: it's not an exploit.

Guess what, it's still massively unbalanced and makes every other melee destiny a waste of time.  It's feather_of_sun'ed and needs to be changed.

I know a couple of monks that out DPS any tree in their respected GmoF destinies.

Thus I give this "exploit" a single meh.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 7:12am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 6:30am:
Guess what, it's still massively unbalanced and makes every other melee destiny a waste of time.  It's feather_of_sun'ed and needs to be changed. 

Given the choice between AoN and Blitz, I'd choose Blitz every time for quests.  Unless you specifically create a build to maximize spirit gain, you'll be lucky to sustain AoN form 30% of the time.

IP Logged

yk49
Korthos Resident

Lazy wiki admin/Thelanian
piker

Reply #15 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 7:12am:
Unless you specifically create a build to maximize spirit gain, you'll be lucky to sustain AoN form 30% of the time.

you can almost always max out your AoN charge using level 1 eternal wand.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 8:07am
Print Post  
sure you can do that, i do it too, that still doesn't cuircumvent the fact that once you enter tree form you run out of spirits about 20s later unless you have something like a cleric aura going since you can't cast in tree form and lose 4 spirits every couple of secs while only regaining one from hitting stuff.

Blitz in a quest where you can sustain it basicly indefinitely if your party works with you is superior in every way.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 8:12am
Print Post  
yk49 wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 7:26am:
you can almost always max out your AoN charge using level 1 eternal wand.

Going from 0 to 30 charges is 90 seconds of standing around with your dick in your hand.  Might as well call it for what it is: Piking.

Also find it hilarious that Paygne is bringing up the EULA.  Someone should tell him it's against the EULA to sell his DDO account.  The irony is that he sold it to another player who had his account banned for trying to sell it on PlayerAuctions.

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #18 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Vis wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 2:08am:
Rameiraz, Hulksmash, Terrets, Paygne, Ellminster or Fulll

Vanshilar wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 2:37am:

Thank you both.

Quote:
the fatesinger one, should only works on trash

That aspect of Turn of the Tide is indeed fucking stupid.  Which dev thought that "Super Trash Destroyer" was a good epic moment   Huh

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #19 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 9:17am
Print Post  
I THOUGHT that thread was the OP legitimately complaining, but off his meds.

As it has continued, though; I suspect he's now just trolling for the sake of trolling.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 9:25am
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 9:17am:
I THOUGHT that thread was the OP legitimately complaining, but off his meds.

As it has continued, though; I suspect he's now just trolling for the sake of trolling.

That's SOP for Paygne.  He's a drama whore.

More irony: He accuses others of using shears, but his BFF Hiromo abused the hell out of them.

IP Logged

substrate
Dragon Raider

Reply #21 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 9:53am
Print Post  
All the exploits he admitted using in the past...Oh the sweet sweet irony of it all.

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #22 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 11:15am
Print Post  
That dude has gone full retard and its making my morning lol Im loving reading this nonsense lol.

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

a Kitteh
DQ Assaulter

lolwut?

Reply #23 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 12:12pm
Print Post  

Vis wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 2:08am:
Rameiraz, Hulksmash, Terrets, Paygne, Ellminster or Fulll

i know that name.  this explains so SO much...

Grace wrote on Feb 16th, 2012 at 5:14pm:
When a quest thinks you are so bad you need to reroll, that's srsbznz.

IP Logged

Vanshilar
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 6:16am:
OP has a point and the THF twitch is totally different than the unarmed twitch that makes this work.  The way it's used is a clear and obvious exploit and it shouldn't be touted as "AoN usability." 

There are lots of players who are very anti-exploit, including a few CE guildies and the resident loreseeker rabbi.  Remember there was a time when people were actually afraid of being banned for exploiting? 

I thought it's supposed to be that running changes your attack animation, resulting in more swings per minute compared with the standing swings per minute (i.e. moving swings/min is much greater than standing swings/min in tree form). Hence it's pretty much how twitch works, i.e. (standing + moving) swings/min is greater than standing swings/min -- twitching increases your number of swings per minute and hence your DPS, just like this moving tree thing. Am I misunderstanding something? Shows you how much supposed "exploiters" know about these things.

I'd be fine with Turbine banning people who used the shears exploit by the way, since nobody in the guild would be affected other than that we'd have less competition for EE content. Maybe I'm just being elitist.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2013 at 3:19pm by Vanshilar »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint