Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Professions (Read 14970 times)
Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Professions
May 22nd, 2013 at 4:08am
Print Post  
Has anyone noticed that sometimes the professions, both in game and in the gateway, only show the rares and not the normal jobs? I've tried swapping characters, restarting the client, opening and closing the gateway while in and out of game.

Seems kind of random and I'm not sure of a cause/fix.

Has anyone else run into this?

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Re: Professions
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2013 at 4:09am
Print Post  
Follow up, I just logged back into the game and for the first time, when I click on "Choose Task" from the overview tab or on any of my profession tabs, they are completely empty.

That's a new one.

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2013 at 4:40am
Print Post  
You got fired?

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2013 at 4:54am
Print Post  
Milton wrote on May 22nd, 2013 at 4:40am:
You got fired?

bahahahah!

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2013 at 10:37am
Print Post  

Have not seen this. Of course, I'm only rank 5 in leadership. I miss SWTOR crafting.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #5 - May 22nd, 2013 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on May 22nd, 2013 at 10:37am:
Have not seen this. Of course, I'm only rank 5 in leadership. I miss SWTOR crafting.

You were playing SWTOR?

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #6 - May 22nd, 2013 at 11:19am
Print Post  
swtor crafting was the best.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 22nd, 2013 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2013 at 11:19am:

My favorite was when you typed in all caps that you could CRAFT FROM YOUR FUCKING BANK.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 22nd, 2013 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on May 22nd, 2013 at 10:54am:
You were playing SWTOR?

Are you guys doing the Gree event at all?  I'm like a fart away from the next level of renown with them.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #9 - May 22nd, 2013 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Quote:
Are you guys doing the Gree event at all?  I'm like a fart away from the next level of renown with them.

Yeah, we ran the raid 16 man HM?SM last night but we will probably hit it again on alts.  We are running the quests at least once a night Siss need some more Rep and I could use another legacy weapon or two.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #10 - May 22nd, 2013 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on May 22nd, 2013 at 10:54am:
You were playing SWTOR?

Yeah, I ran a trooper healer up to cap and had a pretty good time. Found all of the datacrons, that was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, while I had some concerns with their F2P model throughout my experience, they really came to a head at endgame. At that point, it became a choice of subscribing or pseudo-subscribing via weekly passes.

The subscription model is dead to me, as are its peers. If a game developer wants recurring revenue from me, they will need to work for it... i.e. regular releases of new content that I can buy with permanent unlocks. I will never again pay recurring fees to play the same old shit.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #11 - May 22nd, 2013 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on May 22nd, 2013 at 11:36am:
Yeah, we ran the raid 16 man HM?SM last night but we will probably hit it again on alts.  We are running the quests at least once a night Siss need some more Rep and I could use another legacy weapon or two.

I will totally hop on tonight!  I've been running through the new GW2 event the last few nights, but I got my awesome backpiece and I'm done. Smiley

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #12 - May 22nd, 2013 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I will totally hop on tonight!  I've been running through the new GW2 event the last few nights, but I got my awesome backpiece and I'm done. Smiley

We have D&D tonight so we don't usually get home till 9:30 or 10:30 PM est.  You can see how bad ass my Jugg tank is now at 55.
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2013 at 12:15pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #13 - May 22nd, 2013 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on May 22nd, 2013 at 11:52am:
Yeah, I ran a trooper healer up to cap and had a pretty good time. Found all of the datacrons, that was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, while I had some concerns with their F2P model throughout my experience, they really came to a head at endgame. At that point, it became a choice of subscribing or pseudo-subscribing via weekly passes.

The subscription model is dead to me, as are its peers. If a game developer wants recurring revenue from me, they will need to work for it... i.e. regular releases of new content that I can buy with permanent unlocks. I will never again pay recurring fees to play the same old shit.

I understand where you are coming from.  SWTOR's F2P model is mostly an extended trial or for true casual players.  The one thing I can say is they have been really good about their 6 week content release schedule.  I haven't reached the point you have on subs.  I look at my sub compared to the cost of other entertainment like cable, netflix, or going to a movie...paying 9-15 bucks for 40+ hours a month of entertainment is pretty cheap.

Quote:

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #14 - May 22nd, 2013 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on May 22nd, 2013 at 12:15pm:
We have D&D tonight so we don't usually get home till 9:30 or 10:30 PM est.  You can see how bad ass my Jugg tank is now at 55.

Shoot me a text if you're gonna log on!  I don't get home till almost 9pm your time anyway. Smiley

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #15 - May 22nd, 2013 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My favorite was when you typed in all caps that you could CRAFT FROM YOUR FUCKING BANK.

THAT IS BECAUSE IT WAS THE BEST FUCKING THING EVER!

All mmos should allow it, I DEMAND this.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #16 - May 22nd, 2013 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on May 22nd, 2013 at 12:19pm:
I understand where you are coming from.  SWTOR's F2P model is mostly an extended trial or for true casual players.  The one thing I can say is they have been really good about their 6 week content release schedule.  I haven't reached the point you have on subs.  I look at my sub compared to the cost of other entertainment like cable, netflix, or going to a movie...paying 9-15 bucks for 40+ hours a month of entertainment is pretty cheap.

I don't disagree that $15/mo is a good price for many hours of entertainment, but I don't think the products I've been offered justify recurring fees. Think about it... the old model of gaming was that you bought a game for $30-$60 and could play that game forever. That's still the model for single player games. The fact that a game is "online" does not justify recurring fees anywhere near the $15 range.

"But server costs and bandwidth and all that!" Tell that to Starcraft I and II, or anything else on bnet for that matter.

I guess I just have never liked renting games. The F2P model caters to that dislike and gives me a way to express to gaming companies my desire to pay for content as opposed to access.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - May 22nd, 2013 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Asketes wrote on May 22nd, 2013 at 4:08am:
Has anyone else run into this?

I have, but cant isolate it, typically fixes itself within 10 min.

I just got my leadership to 12.  It seems like the most time efficient way to level is just to keep 'exploring local area' and getting a local map for 40 xp per hour. Then every now and then chart region when you have 3 local maps to get a bill of sale and 80xp over 2 hours.  I have 4 slots unlocked, so just do this every 55 min while at work.  But the leveling seems to have a pretty exponential growth, so 12 is really slow.

Also, if in doubt always make more mercenaries, then update them to guard as you can when you reach lv 7.  It takes 4 guards (16 mercenaries) to make 1 Footman at lv 13.  Then 4 footmen to make an adventure (+25% speed) at lv 15, and 4 adventures to make a hero(+50% speed) at 18.  So 256 mercenaries to make a hero if I read that right?

IP Logged

Chelos
Korthos Resident

Secretly plotting Mr.
Burns style. Excellent....

Reply #18 - May 30th, 2013 at 2:46am
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on May 22nd, 2013 at 3:06pm:
Also, if in doubt always make more mercenaries, then update them to guard as you can when you reach lv 7.  It takes 4 guards (16 mercenaries) to make 1 Footman at lv 13.  Then 4 footmen to make an adventure (+25% speed) at lv 15, and 4 adventures to make a hero(+50% speed) at 18.  So 256 mercenaries to make a hero if I read that right?

You need men at arms (green) to upgrade to an adventurer (blue). You wont get any quality other than white from just upgrading alone asset wise sadly.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - May 30th, 2013 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Ya I just realized that too now that I have 4 footmen.

I really wish they would do a wipe between beta and live.  They fucked up the economy.  Lots of bugs/exploits plus piles of AD for the pack purchasers.

Whats the conversion rate of Zen to AD? Its is floating like in GW2 or set?  1 Zen = $0.01 right?

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 31st, 2013 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on May 22nd, 2013 at 12:51pm:
I don't disagree that $15/mo is a good price for many hours of entertainment, but I don't think the products I've been offered justify recurring fees. Think about it... the old model of gaming was that you bought a game for $30-$60 and could play that game forever. That's still the model for single player games. The fact that a game is "online" does not justify recurring fees anywhere near the $15 range.

My view is that the F2P phenomenon is very much rooted in player fatigue with the lack of innovation in the MMO genre. Sure there have been small refinements, but no one has taken the next leap forward yet. And innovation is the cornerstone of what makes a great game, you can feed off of those innovations only so long before people start tuning you out.

IP Logged

Mr Poop
Korthos Resident

I Love Doctor Ama!

Reply #21 - Jun 8th, 2013 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2013 at 11:19am:

Right IP, wrong game.

SWG was the best.

Please don't refer to poop as shit, it stinks when that happens.

Thanks in advance,
Mr Poop

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #22 - Jun 8th, 2013 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Didn't play swg much.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint