Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Favorite quest? (Read 14914 times)
Gawna
Ex Member

Favorite quest?
Jun 10th, 2013 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
What is everyone’s favorite quest or quest chain so far?  I started over on a rogue and I’ve loved it so much that I abandoned my other characters!  I just finished the Spellplague quests and I really enjoyed them - even feeding that crazy bitch potions when she would hulk out.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Re: Favorite quest?
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 4:06pm
Print Post  

Cragmyre crypts (foundry mission) is so good that you'll have trouble believing it's a foundry. I think I spelled cragmyre wrong.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Cragmire Crypts is not foundry.  not sure if you ran something else
http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Cragmire_Crypts

Bills Tavern in the Foundry was fun and light, really enjoyed it.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Strake, I'm not running it unless you spell it correctly.  You fucking heathen.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 4:48pm:
Cragmire Crypts is not foundry.  not sure if you ran something else
http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Cragmire_Crypts

Bills Tavern in the Foundry was fun and light, really enjoyed it.

Cragstep crypts? Definitely, without any doubt, talking about a foundry mission.

My confusion over the name is no surprise, since every 3rd mission is named cragshit something or other.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 4:56pm:
cragshit

Grin

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #6 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Rimehound quest.  Tough fight on a cleric.

Been doing foundry quests on my lowbie (42 now) with friends that are 60.  That has been a scream.  I'm getting pretty good at dodging, but I still get 1-shot a couple of times per quest.

I've played around with the foundry. I forget the name, but I like the story in Tilt42's quests.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #7 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 8:27am:
Rimehound quest.  Tough fight on a cleric.

Been doing foundry quests on my lowbie (42 now) with friends that are 60.  That has been a scream.  I'm getting pretty good at dodging, but I still get 1-shot a couple of times per quest.

I've played around with the foundry. I forget the name, but I like the story in Tilt42's quests.

/team_sidekicking 1

Brings you up (or down) to the level of your party leader.

0 brings you back to your level.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #8 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Doesn't seem to work going up for me.  I did try it.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #9 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:26pm:
Doesn't seem to work going up for me.  I did try it.

You are probably typing it wrong.

/team(underscore)sidekicking(space)1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #10 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:28am
Print Post  
Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  I'm probably doing something stupid.

Played Cragsteep Crypt (foundry quest) tonight.  Duoed it, got 2 levels out of it. Hard quest, and incredibly fun.  We were in there forever -- it felt like we did something epic.

Now that I think about it, the sidekicking worked at first, but got hosed up when one of us died.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #11 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:28am:
Played Cragsteep Crypt (foundry quest) tonight.  Duoed it, got 2 levels out of it. Hard quest, and incredibly fun.  We were in there forever -- it felt like we did something epic.

That's the quest I was thinking of, Gawna!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Strake, the release notes made me think of you! "A few typos of the name "Cragmire" have been addressed."

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:28am:
We were in there forever -- it felt like we did something epic.

I remember back in the early years of DDO it was always a blast going into new quests/raids and figuring them out, and then perfecting the runs through them, then figuring out how to farm them efficiently....

is NWN like that at all? I think I've really been in a holding pattern since those days trying to find that same feeling in another game.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #14 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Milton wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 3:57pm:
Is NWN like that at all? I think I've really been in a holding pattern since those days trying to find that same feeling in another game.

Not really, IMO. There's little to nothing to figure out, every quest is the same solution: fight stuff until you complete. About the only challenge is getting groups to understand that they need to follow basic MMO tactics (manage agro, protect the cleric, kill adds). Admittedly, that teaching can at times be a significant challenge, but unless you're really into teaching dumbasses how MMOs work, it's not a fun challenge.

The foundry could permit what you're seeking, but the reward system for foundries kills that potential. Foundry daily quest rewards discoutage running longer foundry quests, and the inability for foundries to have any chests except the end chest kill the exploration aspect... just zerg along the glittertrail.

It's a shame, NW had a lot of really cool ideas, but their execution is severely lacking. For example, their combat system is refreshingly unique, but at the same time, frustratingly limited. It doesn't take long to realize that you're doing the same exact actions for every single fight. In DDO, I had 5-10 hotbars of different things I could do in any given fight (from weapon combos to spells to consumables). In NW, well, all of the actions you can take add up to maybe 1 hotbar. Maybe.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:06pm:
Not really, IMO. There's little to nothing to figure out, every quest is the same solution: fight stuff until you complete. About the only challenge is getting groups to understand that they need to follow basic MMO tactics (manage agro, protect the cleric, kill adds). Admittedly, that teaching can at times be a significant challenge, but unless you're really into teaching dumbasses how MMOs work, it's not a fun challenge.

The foundry could permit what you're seeking, but the reward system for foundries kills that potential. Foundry daily quest rewards discoutage running longer foundry quests, and the inability for foundries to have any chests except the end chest kill the exploration aspect... just zerg along the glittertrail.

It's a shame, NW had a lot of really cool ideas, but their execution is severely lacking. For example, their combat system is refreshingly unique, but at the same time, frustratingly limited. It doesn't take long to realize that you're doing the same exact actions for every single fight. In DDO, I had 5-10 hotbars of different things I could do in any given fight (from weapon combos to spells to consumables). In NW, well, all of the actions you can take add up to maybe 1 hotbar. Maybe.

Bleh... i've tried the game a few times and usually after 10 levels or so, just give up on it. I had hoped that maybe things were different at higher levels... but from what you're saying, they obviously aren't.

Thanks for the info... helps me close the book on NWO.

IP Logged

Peechie
VoD Slasher

HellNo Kitty

Reply #16 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 2:24am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:06pm:

It's brain candy compared to ddo.

It hurts but I kinda like it!!! ~ Red m&m

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #17 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 3:39am
Print Post  
NWO was boring as shit. The tier 2 shit was boring as well. The party setup that was ideal, 2 clerics, 2 wizards, 1 rogue. This was the endgame party, if you were anything else you were eliminated because you were holding up the efficiency. Two other classes that only saw endgame if they had an in.

The game was ridiculously easy.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Well they nerfed clerics, wizards and rogues in the latest 'balance' patch.

Main thing was Astral Shield; it no longer stacks and the duration has been reduced to 10 secs (from 15) so a single cleric can no longer keep 100% uptime. No other healing ability was buffed to compensate.

Rogues lost a ton of dps too.

Also, penis.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #19 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 9:47pm
Print Post  

Ugh. I love pugs, but they are really grating on me in this game.

Trying to do Dread Vault. It's a cakewalk, and the boss should be too, but there's a huge number of people who just don't seem to get the simplest of fucking strategies.

You just can't heal stupid, but at least in DDO I could keep it alive.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

pissedoffonArgo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Puggin on a divine is wild in neverwinter since the patch.

Sometimes i wonder if members of my party are just bots set up on some elaborate Botter program. They just rush at the biggest mob they see and attack. Don't move at all. Refuse to drink a pot and do not talk throughout the entire dungeon.. Then when they wipe , They just leave group and go off to bot another party in queue.

It is a weird puggin scene to say the least. :/

IP Logged

pissedoffonArgo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 12:58am
Print Post  
On a totally unrelated note here is a cute Lil cosmetic exploit to go topless and check out some neverwinter boobs.

I would NOT suggest doing this on a permanent account. Can't really imagine the devs would take to kindly to see 400 sets of halfling boobs running around enclave!

Enjoy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEfQltxGf5Y&feature=youtu.be

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #22 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 4:45am
Print Post  
pissedoffonArgo wrote on Jun 16th, 2013 at 12:58am:
On a totally unrelated note here is a cute Lil cosmetic exploit to go topless and check out some neverwinter boobs.

I would NOT suggest doing this on a permanent account. Can't really imagine the devs would take to kindly to see 400 sets of halfling boobs running around enclave!

Enjoy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEfQltxGf5Y&feature=youtu.be

The boobs are mutilated though and have no nipples.....  gotta love the debugconsole though!

You can use it too get different underwear too btw.

I haven't been motivated to do more than log in and pray on my 2 characters last 4 days though. I guess the dumb asses in auto queue finally got to me lol.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2013 at 4:48am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint