Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) e3 gauntlgrym trailer (Read 19654 times)
AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

e3 gauntlgrym trailer
Jun 11th, 2013 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/01hy1s/neverwinter-e3-2013--gauntlgrym-traile...

Looks alright, especially 20v20 matches.  They're making PvP as the end game.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Re: e3 gauntlgrym trailer
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 11th, 2013 at 7:21pm:
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/01hy1s/neverwinter-e3-2013--gauntlgrym-traile...

Looks alright, especially 20v20 matches.  They're making PvP as the end game. 

Not really pvp endgame, it's a phased competition that has a pve phase, you win you get a nice buf for the next phase which is a pvp bout then there is another pve phase.

Which ever team wins overall gets to got to the winners dungeon for some T2 goodies the losers go to a T1 dungeon.

Only thing I am not clear on is if the phases go pve/pvp/pve then the winners or losers dungeon  or if the phases go pve/pvp then winners/losers dungeon.

If its a 2 phase thing then the T1 or T2 dungeon expect mass quitting on the losing side of the first pve phase.

« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2013 at 8:00pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Jun 11th, 2013 at 7:59pm:
Not really pvp endgame, it's a phased competition that has a pve phase, you win you get a nice buf for the next phase which is a pvp bout then there is another pve phase.

Which ever team wins overall gets to got to the winners dungeon for some T2 goodies the losers go to a T1 dungeon.

Only thing I am not clear on is if the phases go pve/pvp/pve then the winners or losers dungeon  or if the phases go pve/pvp then winners/losers dungeon.

If its a 2 phase thing then the T1 or T2 dungeon expect mass quitting on the losing side of the first pve phase.

So, PvP endgame.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 11th, 2013 at 8:31pm:
So, PvP endgame.

Well if you consider pvp endgame having 1/3 or 1/4 of endgame being pvp then yes but otherwise no, it's still pve endgame with a dash of pvp thrown in Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2013 at 10:05pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2013 at 9:49am
Print Post  
pretty good idea. hopefully better than the rest of the rinse and repeat content.

IP Logged

Jalora
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 18th, 2013 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Can't be worse then the 9,456th run of Rusted Blades

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #6 - Jun 18th, 2013 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jun 18th, 2013 at 9:49am:
pretty good idea. hopefully better than the rest of the rinse and repeat content.

I'd say you're a "little" biased, but yeah - I haven't even hit 60 yet on my main (a DC) and already getting bored with the same-old-same-old. Every quest, every dungeon, every skirmish, it's the same exact fight every single time. No DR to take into account, no saves, no gear to swap to for one monster that you might not use on another, etc., etc. One monster is just like any other, I use pretty much the same at-wills, encounters, and dailies for everything.

Granted, it's a brand new game, but DDO's combat system (even with all the bugs) is WAY ahead of NWO's.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #7 - Jun 18th, 2013 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Jun 18th, 2013 at 9:18pm:
I'd say you're a "little" biased, but yeah - I haven't even hit 60 yet on my main (a DC) and already getting bored with the same-old-same-old. Every quest, every dungeon, every skirmish, it's the same exact fight every single time. No DR to take into account, no saves, no gear to swap to for one monster that you might not use on another, etc., etc. One monster is just like any other, I use pretty much the same at-wills, encounters, and dailies for everything.

Granted, it's a brand new game, but DDO's combat system (even with all the bugs) is WAY ahead of NWO's.

I have 2 lvl 60 characters and it just gets worse at endgame, it's fucking boring.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2013 at 10:12pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Jun 18th, 2013 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Jun 11th, 2013 at 7:59pm:

This was my thought too.  Depending on the strength of the buff, people are probably going to bail after part 1. 

Also, how are the two teams of 20 created?  It would have to be random, otherwise, you would never fill the other team if one team was stacked.  Even with random, you would probably get drops if the other team was randomly stacked with better players.  No one is going to waste an hour of time on a foregone conclusion.

I think the idea is nice in theory, but in practice is probably a big mess.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #9 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 18th, 2013 at 11:36pm:
Also, how are the two teams of 20 created?  It would have to be random, otherwise, you would never fill the other team if one team was stacked.  Even with random, you would probably get drops if the other team was randomly stacked with better players.  No one is going to waste an hour of time on a foregone conclusion.

I think the idea is nice in theory, but in practice is probably a big mess.

The whole "must be in a guild to participate" thing is also kind of odd to me. Ah well, it's free, so I'll give it a try, but yeah, have a feeling it's not going to work out so well once it goes live.

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #10 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 11:03am
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Jun 19th, 2013 at 11:01am:
The whole "must be in a guild to participate" thing is also kind of odd to me. Ah well, it's free, so I'll give it a try, but yeah, have a feeling it's not going to work out so well once it goes live.

ripe for abuse, but what do i know Wink  is there a timer on it after you've completed it?

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #11 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 11:22am
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on Jun 19th, 2013 at 11:03am:
ripe for abuse, but what do i know Wink  is there a timer on it after you've completed it?

If it's like the other stuff there is no timer.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #12 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 11:42am
Print Post  
I don't see how the best guilds and/or players wouldn't quickly find themselves either without anyone willing to be the other team or with a designated patsy that is bribed(or filled with two-boxed alts) to take a quick beating so that the best players can get to the phase 3 that yields loot more quickly.

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #13 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 19th, 2013 at 11:42am:
I don't see how the best guilds and/or players wouldn't quickly find themselves either without anyone willing to be the other team or with a designated patsy that is bribed(or filled with two-boxed alts) to take a quick beating so that the best players can get to the phase 3 that yields loot more quickly. 

no timer = run twice?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #14 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
You think one side will roll over on the first two phases so a group gets their T2 loot and then both groups re-run and the other group rolls over so that both get a crack at T2 loot? 

That'd take a lot more cooperation than 40 MMO gamers would likely have.  What happens when one or more of the first T2 group DC's or has to go to work or has GF/Wife aggro?  What if you are in group 2 and take the fall on the first run and then legitmately DC or run outta time or get RL aggro?

It'd be a source for some serious butthurt and community drama.

IP Logged

Jalora
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on Jun 19th, 2013 at 11:59am:
no timer = run twice?

I thought it was only opening during highlighted points during the day?

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
There’s even more to be excited about with today’s live launch, as we’re unveiling more information about Neverwinter's first free module, Fury of the Feywild. This module will introduce the new region of Sharandar, three campaign areas, three instances, new enemies, new loot, and a new dungeon, alongside two new professions: Weaponsmithing and Artificing.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #17 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
I thought they were going to have Ranger class released at launch.  Did that make it into the live launch?

IP Logged

Jalora
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 20th, 2013 at 1:55pm:
I thought they were going to have Ranger class released at launch.  Did that make it into the live launch?

Nope plus the addition of a 6hr timer and guild requirement

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #19 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 9:30am
Print Post  
I don't see drow either.  I thought that was a "by launch" thing.  Any word on classes and races?  The game play is OK.  I like the graphics and the storylines.  I really would like to see some more class and race options.  The ones they have now feel too constricted. 

I don't like to play much of anything besides a cleric or wizard, at this point.

IP Logged

Jalora
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
1-2 Elf options end of August (it is difficult to decipher).  Drow should be available at that point according to the original "promise" but who knows.  Ranged ranger was in the closed beta and for some reason has been unreleased.  You can see the implementation in several existing quests but who knows. 

GG has been an unmitigated failure.  I actually agreed with Chai in one thread where the DB moderator was attacking forum posters for suggesting it wasn't a debacle.  Time locks based upon playing the thing are one thing (i.e. raid times), imposing strict schedules for it actually being open are another (i.e. every 6 hours on the dot).  They are killing themselves with this.  End game is 7-8 dungeons that nobody runs through the horrid que system, instead relying upon the equally horrid chat system. 

If you enjoy the journey, I'd advise against spending money until they sort out this cluster fuck.  Like another douche I generally disagree with, 4e is garbage. 

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #21 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Its offline btw lol  Gauntlgrym Temporarily Offline

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #22 - Jun 27th, 2013 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Anyone heard anything about when it will reopen, what the problem is or any status updates?

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #23 - Jun 27th, 2013 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 27th, 2013 at 5:30pm:
Anyone heard anything about when it will reopen, what the problem is or any status updates?

Some peoples characters were getting stuck in limbo or some such, some people that played and won could not teleport to the t2 dungeon and received messages like they hadn't participated when they did.

Shit like that.

Was a 1gig patch and I think it back up, I can't be bothered to patch the game and log in to check though.

Edit: looks like they broke more shit than they fixed !  Haha this game if failing hard and fast!
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2013 at 12:38am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #24 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 10:00am
Print Post  
I clicked on the thread you linked originally just now.  It has a lot of butt hurt players posting in the last day or two.  Lots of cries for updates and communication.  Some complaining about other broken stuff.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint