Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) e3 gauntlgrym trailer (Read 19604 times)
painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Re: e3 gauntlgrym trailer
Reply #25 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 10:19am
Print Post  
too bad though, because it was an interesting try at something a little different...i'm only at level 10 at my cleric but it feels a lot more like disneyland (follow the path, do x, get reward) than even DDO does...and i can't help but feel that at cap most of the people are going to be equipped/built fairly similarly
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2013 at 10:20am by painkiller »  

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #26 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on Jun 28th, 2013 at 10:19am:
too bad though, because it was an interesting try at something a little different...i'm only at level 10 at my cleric but it feels a lot more like disneyland (follow the path, do x, get reward) than even DDO does...and i can't help but feel that at cap most of the people are going to be equipped/built fairly similarly

that is the strength of ddo.....even if you have 50 characters all geared out the exact same way you will still have 50 players with insanely unique builds (mostly), and most of the time you will still have very differently equipped characters, since they will have different build functions.

although i did roll up a dwarven guardian fighter and am having lots of fun in nwo right now.

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #27 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 10:33am
Print Post  
kierg10 wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 10:25pm:
that is the strength of ddo.....even if you have 50 characters all geared out the exact same way you will still have 50 players with insanely unique builds (mostly), and most of the time you will still have very differently equipped characters, since they will have different build functions.

although i did roll up a dwarven guardian fighter and am having lots of fun in nwo right now.

The guardian fighter is kinda fun, especially early on.  Pretty easy to solo with, especially if you get good at blocking and dodging.  Very easy to avoid taking a lot of damage.  But, it doesn't scale well.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #28 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 10:33am:
The guardian fighter is kinda fun, especially early on.  Pretty easy to solo with, especially if you get good at blocking and dodging.  Very easy to avoid taking a lot of damage.  But, it doesn't scale well.

ya the blocking is really easy for me to adapt to....and I love how useful it is Smiley

sad to hear it doesn't scale, but I find that i am probably not going to roll another character cause the story would be exactly the same in the exact same order xD

IP Logged

GreyMouser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Trickster Rogue was a fun ride. I duo'ed with another TR and we did most of the 5 mans alone...with the exception of that dragon and the last one.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #30 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Honestly, the Rogue, Wizard, and Cleric are the only really playable classes.  Both the Fighter ones are a bit weak, imo.  I didn't enjoy either of them very much past level 30.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #31 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:58pm:
Honestly, the Rogue, Wizard, and Cleric are the only really playable classes.  Both the Fighter ones are a bit weak, imo.  I didn't enjoy either of them very much past level 30.

My only question is: if I have 803 defense at level 22 as a guardian fighter, is that a bit much? xD

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #32 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
kierg10 wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 2:13pm:
My only question is: if I have 803 defense at level 22 as a guardian fighter, is that a bit much? xD

The numbers in this game are so grossly inflated that it's really crazy.  Why couldn't they have just divided every number across the board by 10?  Doing 200 points of damage at level 2?  Having 1100 HP?  Having 30k HP later on?  It just makes the whole thing harder to understand.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #33 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:33pm:
The numbers in this game are so grossly inflated that it's really crazy.  Why couldn't they have just divided every number across the board by 10?  Doing 200 points of damage at level 2?  Having 1100 HP?  Having 30k HP later on?  It just makes the whole thing harder to understand.

We were told in betas that is was to make us feel more "epic". Apparently the devs there think if they scale damage from 200 to 5k it makes us "feel more epic".

« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2013 at 5:20pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #34 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 5:19pm:
We were told in betas that is was to make us feel more "epic". Apparently the devs there think if they scale damage from 200 to 5k it makes us "feel more epic".

It feels cheesy.  I don't want to totally suck at level 1, but I don't want to feel epic, either.  I expect to be a bit weak to start out with.  It makes arriving at "Epic" really feel that way.  If I'm epic from day 1, where is the journey?

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #35 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 9:29pm:
It feels cheesy.  I don't want to totally suck at level 1, but I don't want to feel epic, either.  I expect to be a bit weak to start out with.  It makes arriving at "Epic" really feel that way.  If I'm epic from day 1, where is the journey?

Aye I agree it's too bad the devs didn't listen to 90% of what we told them in the betas, I have sadly given up on this game and put it right in there with daggerdale.

« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2013 at 10:09pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint