Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Bigby's handy box (Read 42131 times)
Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Re: Bigby's handy box
Reply #25 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 1:31pm:
Unlikely that he'd do that to his own box, don'cha think?

Far more plausible that a rival mage has scuppered his plans: I'm thinking Evard's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion

Well played, sir. Grin

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #26 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
*bows*

And thank you for restoring my sense of humour  Wink

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #27 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Otto#s box is way more better than this.  unless your time is worth poo to you

and if it is, why are you buying boxes?

of course if you ain't got otto's then bigbys will have to do you

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Timethief
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
ottos:3876500      bigbys:3322300
Thats the xp after 50% pot, ship, voice and vip, ottos id rank 91, bigbys is rank 86. so basicly you can start at lvl18.
Got a first report though saying stone is bugged, took to lvl14, no bonus applied

Too many idiots, too few bullets

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #29 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
From the horse's mouth:

Bonus sources of XP do not stack with the Stone of Experience provided in the Bigby's Handy Box.

EDIT: What was that someone said about a "win"?  Well, I looked up "win" in my etymological dictionary, and it turns out that it's derived from the Latin for "solid kick in the testicles from someone with a smile on their face", so you were right.
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2013 at 3:04pm by Persiflage »  

wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

White Knight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 3:02pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #31 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 2:56pm:

Looks like Rest isn't getting that cube after all...

IP Logged

Bjriand
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Well, I can't justify to myself to buy one then.  The xp between 7-15 is abundant and easy to get.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #33 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 1:21pm:
Oh yes, that sounds like an enormous amount of fun, right there, particularly for someone who doesn't have a great deal of game time and pretty much has to run solo.  The XP you don't have to obtain to get from 7-8 is not remotely comparable to the XP you do have to get at the other end in terms of time spent.  100k at one end is not equal to 100k at the other.

Given that it's going to take twice as long as it did to get to cap after using the new stone while only being 20% cheaper, and given that they're giving you 9 hours of 50% XP instead of 30 hours of 30%, I'd disagree with your definition of "win". 

It's only a "win" if you place a low value on your time, and the actions you describe using to make up the difference are only quick and easy if you have a group ready-to-go. 

Any volunteers to be the first to check if pots still work with these things?  Wink

All 4 of the flaggers are easy duos.  You can solo all but fleshmakers, but it takes longer.  Better to duo them.

I wasn't saying that 100k on the front was equal to 100k on the end, either.  I like the old box better from that perspective.

If they changed the XP bonuses applying then it's gone from win to a total shit bag.  I'd rather have 15-20 than 7-15.  Or even 18-20.

As far as the XP pots go, who is buying boxes and then using 30% pots when 50%'ers are available?  If you are willing to spend 5k TP on a box, you are looking to make the TR as painless as possible and TP are not a barrier.  That crowd wants 50%'ers.  Not 30%. 

I wonder if the stone change affects current otto's boxes. 
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2013 at 3:16pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #34 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Tobril wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 3:03pm:

I don't give a shit about the stone I JUST WANT THE RED FUCKING CUBE.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #35 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 3:15pm:
All 4 of the flaggers are easy duos.  You can solo all but fleshmakers, but it takes longer.

I just finished soloing fleshmakers.

Personally I'd much rather stick with my old stones, and keep running orchard cause I want to, not cause I'll have to.

The 50% pots included is nice, but I've got plenty of em now anyway.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 1:54pm:

If you highly value your time, go volunteer at a soup kitchen, start a local business, tutor a disabled child, save the fucking world.

By very definition of playing a game, you're just mouth-breathing in your mother's basement, in your piss-stained tightie-whities, WASTING FUCKING TIME.

If you enjoy the waste of time, then great, enjoy it. Play the god damned game.
Pretending there's any value at all in paying to skip over an optional activity is just fucktarded mental masturbation.

*Full Disclosure. I bought an Otto's box. I haven't opened it. I thought it might be good to skip over a life I don't enjoy on my way to completionist.... Then I realized that the draw of the game is creating characters in trillions of ways to find something that you enjoy... So then I thought I might use it to quickly double up on a past life to uber-completionist... Which made me realize that I just paid $50 for 1 less inventory space for the next 3 years. Fuck.

**P.S. Sorry, stupid rant. I just remembered that 80% of the board here are worse than Arm-chair-Quarterbacks, because at least they watch the friggen games. A good portion of you are whining on the internet, to people that can't change anything, about a game you don't play, talking about "the value of your time"? Jesus you're all brain-damaged.
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2013 at 3:51pm by AnalFissure »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #37 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #38 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
All 4 of the flaggers are easy duos.  You can solo all but fleshmakers, but it takes longer.  Better to duo them.

Not an option for me, unfortunately.  The only guy I know who I can arrange something with in terms of same play-time likes to sniff flowers.  Which in practical terms means that we TR'd a couple of toons about six weeks ago and haven't taken 8th level yet  Wink

If they changed the XP bonuses applying then it's gone from win to a total shit bag.  I'd rather have 15-20 than 7-15.  Or even 18-20.

It was never a win.  Even with bonuses applying it was "you need twice as much XP, but they're 20% cheaper".  Quite agree on preferring an 18-20 stone than a 7-15 though.

As far as the XP pots go, who is buying boxes and then using 30% pots when 50%'ers are available?

Er...  me?  ONE 50% pot just before I use a stone, remaining duration puts me close enough to 20 that I only use a couple of hours of (much) cheaper 30% pot to take me to my next life, and so on.  One more 30% getting back to 8th level, rinse and repeat.  Lots of 30% left over for running epics on toons that don't have all their destinies yet, or levelling toons back to cap that do.

If you are willing to spend 5k TP on a box, you are looking to make the TR as painless as possible and TP are not a barrier.  That crowd wants 50%'ers.  Not 30%. 

Guess I'm not in that crowd.  I'm a different crowd.

I wonder if the stone change affects current otto's boxes. 

It does not, apparently.  Fingers crossed that the Bigby's box flops enough that they'll bring old-style boxes back.  I don't hold out a great deal of hope though; it would seem a bit odd to bring back boostable stones after a decision like this...

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #39 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Otto's boxes just went through the roof! I will never buy a Bigby's Box.

And as to running Litany, Monestary etc. I did all that anyways after using an Otto's Box.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #40 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Tobril wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 3:03pm:

Better squelch rest then, because it looks like the defense channel is about to become the tantrum channel.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
nm, reading is hard.
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2013 at 4:27pm by Carpone »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #42 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
LafoMamone wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 4:14pm:
Better squelch rest then, because it looks like the defense channel is about to become the tantrum channel.

wat?

I've used two otto XP stones total. I traded for both of them. I really just want the cube the first time, and I used the stone on my FvS. Second time was to get my jugg up to epics where he would be fun. If it came down to it, I would trade for this new box. If anyone buys and sells them, that is. The draw for me isn't the xp stone, its the new color of cube. XP stone would be a nice bonus, but not the primary reason to get a box for me.

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #43 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 4:42pm:
wat?

I've used two otto XP stones total. I traded for both of them. I really just want the cube the first time, and I used the stone on my FvS. Second time was to get my jugg up to epics where he would be fun. If it came down to it, I would trade for this new box. If anyone buys and sells them, that is. The draw for me isn't the xp stone, its the new color of cube. XP stone would be a nice bonus, but not the primary reason to get a box for me.

I had such high hopes for you. The failed sarcasm check is just a minor obstacle though. We will work it out, babe.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #44 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
LafoMamone wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 4:55pm:
I had such high hopes for you. The failed sarcasm check is just a minor obstacle though. We will work it out, babe.

wat?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #45 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 3:43pm:
I just finished soloing fleshmakers.

Personally I'd much rather stick with my old stones, and keep running orchard cause I want to, not cause I'll have to.

The 50% pots included is nice, but I've got plenty of em now anyway.

Solo as in "used a hireling to help hit switches" or solo as in "hit all 5 runes by myself"?  That second option is not viable for all players on all builds.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #46 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 1:54pm:

My time is worth much more than poo.  However, I like playing this game, especially TRing.  Okay, I used a stone on a cleric life, but that was a function of hating it versus the value of my time...  If the value of my time was a factor in gaming, I'd buy an account or have my assistant level my less favorite lives during the day.  But what fun is that...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #47 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 6:10pm:
Solo as in "used a hireling to help hit switches" or solo as in "hit all 5 runes by myself"?  That second option is not viable for all players on all builds.

Whenever I say I solo'd something, the FVS hireling is a given. They are insanely cheaper than pots, Since every life I run is a fighter build with a different class icon, for instance right now I am a rogue.

I need my heals. If I play. Reminds me, my airship amenities probably expired a week ago since the main hasn't been played by anyone.......

MAGA!

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #48 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 6:10pm:

solo as in by myself no hires. monk life.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #49 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 4:26am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jul 4th, 2013 at 12:31am:
solo as in by myself no hires. monk life.

Uh-huh.  I've done it on a monk too, but it was nail-biting (hair-tearing, cursing-the-air-blue) stuff and there are plenty of lives I wouldn't even want to attempt it on.  And it was quite a long time ago when I last solo'd that quest; I'm not sure, but it may have been before air ellies got their knock-you-across-the-map-with-no-save superpowers.

I'm not bothered about skipping Monk lives anyway; I like those.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint