Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Bigby's handy box (Read 42130 times)
Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Re: Bigby's handy box
Reply #75 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
I used a new stone (guildie gave it to me cuz he wants someone to TR with.. I can confirm there is NO extra XP.. I had sov pot, voice, and ship going. I didn't get even 1 extra XP over 15.

I was dissappoint. But, then I realized I hadn't paid for it. I was no longer disappoint.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #76 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 9:57pm:
I used a new stone (guildie gave it to me cuz he wants someone to TR with.. I can confirm there is NO extra XP.. I had sov pot, voice, and ship going. I didn't get even 1 extra XP over 15.

I was dissappoint. But, then I realized I hadn't paid for it. I was no longer disappoint.

The only thing better than free XP is not-free XP on someone else's dime!

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #77 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Bigby's Hand Job, just not as good as Otto's!

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #78 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Not nearly.   They take you to 2,073,500.  vs. 3,700,000 (ish).  Considering you start at 289,000 and 403,000 respectively, it's roughly 1.8 million vs. 3.3 million.  About 55% of the XP of the Otto's box.  For 80% of the price. 

Shit sandwich.  Without the bread.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #79 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 8th, 2013 at 11:27pm:
Not nearly.   They take you to 2,073,500.  vs. 3,700,000 (ish).  Considering you start at 289,000 and 403,000 respectively, it's roughly 1.8 million vs. 3.3 million.  About 55% of the XP of the Otto's box.  For 80% of the price. 

Shit sandwich.  Without the bread. 

I am pretty sure we will see Otto's boxes again, and i am relatively certain it will be once a year for only a couple of days during an event.

Do not quote me on that, but I have a very strong feeling we will see them again, maybe even this year.

Pretty sure bigby's is going to be available in the store at all times very soon as well.

MAGA!

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #80 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Cordovan pretty much confirmed Otto's would be back. Could be because of the Bigby's backlash.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #81 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Considering you need to earn 2.3 million XP after boxing vs. 600k, Bigby's boxes are about 3 times as slow to use as an Otto's box.  That alone will slow down the purchasing.  And will chase off a good portion of the market.  When you look at the value of the box, it wasn't XP from 400k-2million that people hated.  It was that 2 million to 3.7 million that sucks ass. 

If you are going to give us a box that skips 1.8 million XP, I'd rather it started at 2 million and ended at 3.8 million.  A level 15-19 box.  I'd use those.  I'd also use an Otto's.  This Bigbys?  It's like having a time machine and using it to skip from Friday 5pm to Monday at 8am.  Why am I fast forwarding the weekend to get to the work week?  Fuck that.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #82 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:51pm:
As an Otto's box user, I think it sucks that the new boxes don't give the same XP bump, but I understand why they needed to make a change to get in alignment with their new Iconics.

That is just plain wrong.  Like TRers are gonna group with n00bs on Iconics anyway?  Seriously?

If that was Turbines thought  . . . even on my worst days I've never accused them of being that stupid.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
I find it hilarious that people want a fucking press release because Turbine released a product without bugs that does exactly what it says it does.

And all this "It's the de facto standard to give augmented XP" is why beneficial bugs get fixed immediately.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:05pm by AnalFissure »  

IP Logged

White Knight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
AnalFissure wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:04pm:
I find it hilarious that people want a fucking press release because Turbine released a product without bugs that does exactly what it says it does.

And all this "It's the de facto standard to give augmented XP" is why beneficial bugs get fixed immediately.

I have to agree, they did release something that seems to work 100% the way it was advertised and intended. May be the first time ever for them...

Thing is, they're perfectly willing to let us live indefinitely with bugs that harm or hinder our enjoyment of the game. That they didn't fix the Otto's box has more to do with their inability to do so, I think, rather than they intended to leave it for us to enjoy.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #85 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
White Knight wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:06pm:
I have to agree, they did release something that seems to work 100% the way it was advertised and intended. May be the first time ever for them...

Thing is, they're perfectly willing to let us live indefinitely with bugs that harm or hinder our enjoyment of the game. That they didn't fix the Otto's box has more to do with their inability to do so, I think, rather than they intended to leave it for us to enjoy.

As I mentioned previously, I don't think they cared too much before what level you ended up at.  I think they do care now because of the Iconics.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #86 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 3:20pm:
As I mentioned previously, I don't think they cared too much before what level you ended up at.  I think they do care now because of the Iconics.

Yes.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #87 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:55am:
That is just plain wrong.  Like TRers are gonna group with n00bs on Iconics anyway?  Seriously?

If that was Turbines thought  . . . even on my worst days I've never accused them of being that stupid.

OK.  Then give me another reason why they would change the box from 8-16 to 7-15 and fix the bug so that they don't go over 15.  Is it just pure coincidence that this is the same level that Iconics start at? 

The XP stones (MoTU and Ottos) have had an undocumented XP boost for over 1 year now.  They clearly know how to make it exclude boosts.  They did it for the Bigbys.  There was a reason they fixed it now and they changed the end point to 15 instead of 16.  16 is when you are at-level for Web of Chaos.  Which you need for crossing into Faerun.  That's why they set the level where they did last year.

This year, the new quest chain is level 15 base.  The Iconics are level 15.  And, magically, they make new stones that end at 15 and actually work as advertised. 

If not to align TRing classes with Iconics and the start of the new chain, what would be the point?

P.S.  Do you think only noobs will play iconics?  Most of the Bladeforged I've seen so far are vets checking out the new class.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2013 at 3:26pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #88 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 3:25pm:
OK.  Then give me another reason why they would change the box from 8-16 to 7-15 and fix the bug so that they don't go over 15.  Is it just pure coincidence that this is the same level that Iconics start at? 

The XP stones (MoTU and Ottos) have had an undocumented XP boost for over 1 year now.  They clearly know how to make it exclude boosts.  They did it for the Bigbys.  There was a reason they fixed it now and they changed the end point to 15 instead of 16.  16 is when you are at-level for Web of Chaos.  Which you need for crossing into Faerun.  That's why they set the level where they did last year.

This year, the new quest chain is level 15 base.  The Iconics are level 15.  And, magically, they make new stones that end at 15 and actually work as advertised. 

If not to align TRing classes with Iconics and the start of the new chain, what would be the point?

P.S.  Do you think only noobs will play iconics?  Most of the Bladeforged I've seen so far are vets checking out the new class.

They introduced the new box so they can sell it in the store as a regular item that can be bought any time and they can keep the Otto's boxes as they are and keep them for fast cash infusions as needed.

This is what I think, think about it, when the Otto's boxes come out they will still sell a shit ton of them, and Bigby's will still be selling to others like me that are wanting to speed up a TR but also wanting to save some TP's and aren't too worried about those last five levels for a heroic TR.

This is how I think it is going to go anyway.

Edit: I now also predict an epic level type of stone next year around august to level from 20 to 25, after the level cap raise to 30.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:01pm by umeannothing »  

MAGA!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint