Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Ok seriously, tell me why NW is better than DDO (Read 66120 times)
Charon
Ex Member

Re: Ok seriously, tell me why NW is better than DDO
Reply #75 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Well I'll say one thing for NW.  Their server seems to not be running on a potato.

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #76 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Garbage generic mmo

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #77 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Jon Van Caneghem wrote on Apr 7th, 2016 at 1:59am:
Garbage generic mmo

Definitely.  I just find it interesting that such a garbage company as PWE can somehow run a server better than Turbine.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Apr 9th, 2016 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Definitely.  I just find it interesting that such a garbage company as PWE can somehow run a server better than Turbine.

PWE makes money and likes making money (instead of playing PacMan LARP and sweating on free bagel day)... so they probably employ some competent people to keep those servers up, no matter how shite the content.

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #79 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
I think it helps that it is a complete new code base and new product launch.  They get to take advantage of things like 64 bit code and multithreading.

Unfortunately I think DDO's core is still from a time when the devs had to type:
LOAD "WORLDSERVER",8,1
RUN

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - May 18th, 2016 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Someone once made the analogy to me that NW was like having a front row seat to a donkey show in TJ

yeah... the view is fantastic, but you're still just watching a donkey fuck a woman you wouldn't give the time of day to....

NW looks great, but the gameplay sucks, absolutely ZERO customization, and freakishly repetitive.. it gets old very very quickly. Oh.. and be prepared to be assaulted beyond any and all expectations the second you log in by the endless, ceaseless sales pitches of the farm-brigades... it's like being at a bazaar in Cairo.
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2016 at 1:35am by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #81 - May 19th, 2016 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on May 18th, 2016 at 1:34am:
yeah... the view is fantastic, but you're still just watching a donkey fuck a woman you wouldn't give the time of day to....

So you're saying everyone who still plays DDO would rather be assfucked than pay to see a good assfucking.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #82 - May 19th, 2016 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 5:32pm:
So you're saying everyone who still plays DDO would rather be assfucked than pay to see a good assfucking.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about NW. Here in the NW forums. Where people talk about NW.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 6:35pm:
I'm pretty sure he was talking about NW. Here in the NW forums. Where people talk about NW.

Ok.. this made me LOL.. and now my co-workers are giving me "the look"...

You sir... are an asshole.  Grin

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #84 - May 20th, 2016 at 2:48am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 6:35pm:

Oh, so my point is true for both games then.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - May 20th, 2016 at 3:56am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 2:48am:
Oh, so my point is true for both games then.

This fits right in with that Rachel Maddow reference someone made earlier.....

No freaking idea how you arrived to that conclusion..  Shocked

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #86 - May 20th, 2016 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 3:56am:
This fits right in with that Rachel Maddow reference someone made earlier.....

No freaking idea how you arrived to that conclusion..  Shocked

Yeah I'm with you Tongue pretty confusing serious of logical leaps.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 3:18pm:
They released a new class, a ranger - a ranged ranger with no option of twf. Basically, an abomination. I will only play again the day they release warlock. Until then, they can suck it.

Gamers wanted that thought so four E gave it to them. How many times on DDO forums do you see people complain about rangers not being the ranged focussed class. For some damn reason too many people get hung up on the word range and think ranged combat rather then one who performs long range recon which is what the ranger is about.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #88 - Jul 29th, 2016 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
To be fair, in DDO the ranger past-life is +2 damage with ranged weapons. Seems silly given how nobody is using ranged stuff Tongue

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on Jul 26th, 2016 at 9:23am:
Gamers wanted that thought so four E gave it to them. How many times on DDO forums do you see people complain about rangers not being the ranged focussed class. For some damn reason too many people get hung up on the word range and think ranged combat rather then one who performs long range recon which is what the ranger is about.

They are gay and retarded. You are to.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #90 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Jul 30th, 2016 at 8:02pm:
They are gay and retarded. You are to.

Its ok. Someday, strak will come and change this sub-furm. Have faith. He will come.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #91 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
that guy spelled too wrong, and your post is like completely off topic and inconsequential

despite these blaring issues it is easy for me to choose who to call gay and retarded, and today is your lucky day, nolameo

you fuckin suck m8

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #92 - Aug 5th, 2016 at 8:57am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 4th, 2016 at 7:20pm:
Its ok. Someday, strak will come and change this sub-furm. Have faith. He will come.

That's right.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Aug 5th, 2016 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Aug 4th, 2016 at 8:42pm:
that guy spelled too wrong, and your post is like completely off topic and inconsequential

despite these blaring issues it is easy for me to choose who to call gay and retarded, and today is your lucky day, nolameo

you fuckin suck m8

I mean I blatantly destroy too yet  nobody takes the bait! Fuckers!

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #94 - Aug 5th, 2016 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 5th, 2016 at 8:57am:
That's right.

it isnt right. it was discussed in detail. that one nigga had an opportunity to justify and explain why such efforts would be warranted, and he was incapable of attempting to piece together a coherent reasoning for his desires. if he is unwilling to output anything productive, we should also be unwilling to acquiest to his request
he was given a stage on which to express his demands and opinions and instead acted retarded. for that alone i would go against my own desires to keep my forum clean and leave this sub as an eternal reminder to my niggas that you better either tell me what the fuck you think or shut the fuck up

platfarmchink wrote on Aug 5th, 2016 at 2:02pm:
I mean I blatantly destroy too yet  nobody takes the bait! Fuckers!

flavorful bait is never comparable to absolute ignorance, and no matter what you say, someone gay and retarded is waiting to trump on it

some people ask o be shat on, but other people deserve it. you ll need to get in line while we handle those who need it now like welfare.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #95 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 9:15am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Aug 5th, 2016 at 7:18pm:
it isnt right. it was discussed in detail. that one nigga had an opportunity to justify and explain why such efforts would be warranted, and he was incapable of attempting to piece together a coherent reasoning for his desires. if he is unwilling to output anything productive, we should also be unwilling to acquiest to his request
he was given a stage on which to express his demands and opinions and instead acted retarded. for that alone i would go against my own desires to keep my forum clean and leave this sub as an eternal reminder to my niggas that you better either tell me what the fuck you think or shut the fuck up

Although the tone is a bit much, what you have to say is dead on so, uh, I agree with you  Undecided

I certainly found the chone thread a persuasive argument to keep it. If you feel compelled to read every forum on The Vault then you deserve the pain you get from seeing this one. Just make a NoKNN type script to hide this forum and you're done, it will be faster than trying to convince people this sub should go away and then waiting for somebody to do it for you.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 1:27am
Print Post  
I've never bothered to play nwo. A good friend described it to me as soulless and of course being based on 4e. On top of that its developed by Cryptic studios who haven't done a thing right since making city of heroes. Which they got fired by nc soft who put paragon studios on it for eight glorious years.

They then went on to make champions online. Which they used to fleece the player base to finance star trek online. And then once that was up and running champions was then further bled to help fuel nwo development. Since then star trek and nwo being owned by outside companies who can bring real pressure on them champions is a sad and pathetic state that makes DDO at its worst look managed by the best of the best.

Now some devils advocate.
1. Nwo uses rooting. Counter point how often do we hear people in DDO complain about monsters running g away and having to chase them. Lazy people prefer rooting.

2. No real customization beyond superficial things.counter point how many people complain ed multi classing was superior to pures in DDO. Lazy people don't want to think about class choices.

3. Nwo leads players around with path tracers. Counter point how many times have people complained in DDO about having to find a quest entrance or their way through a wilderness. Lazy people don't want to have to think.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #97 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Believe in Strak. Not in test walls. Strak will save this sub-forum. He will change it.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้
Reply #98 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 11:54am
Print Post  
               bumping with ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็
้้้้้็็็็็ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็
้้้้้็็็็็ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้
้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็
้้้้้็็็็็ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็
้้้้้็็็็็ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้
้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็
้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้
้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็
      ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็
้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้
้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #99 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Its not, its complete shit and an insult to the memory of the previous neverwinter games.

Whoever came up with this atrocity should be summarily executed and their remains flushed down the nearest toilet.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint