Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ameliorating strike (Read 12995 times)
Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Ameliorating strike
Oct 3rd, 2013 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Has anyone played around with ameliorating strike? If you have it would be great if you could list your positive spellpower, healing amp and how much you're healed for.

So I've heard the proc from ameliorating strike is affected by both offhand and doublestrike. It already heals 50ish hp without spellpower or healing amp so it would be interesting to see a melee build using it with high doublestrike, twf, high healing amp, and max positive spell power.

The basic outline of such a build would have to be monk with various splash. Shintao can't be ignored for it's healing amp and positive spellpower. Ninja spuy 5th tier also offers shadow double for doublestrike boost. 4 lvls of fvs is necessary for smite foe, weakness, divine might, and ameliorating strike.

So my initial thought is 16 monk 4 fvs.
2nd thought is 9 druid 7 monk 4 fvs.

Someone please tell me I'm not crazy here.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: Ameliorating strike
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
gotten over 400hp from it. Cheesy

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 3rd, 2013 at 11:02pm:
gotten over 400hp from it. Cheesy

Holy f nice. Which one do you think is the better fit of the build I proposed?

Personally I like the druid one as I already have a 16 monk / 2 fvs/2 ranger.

Also thought of another build. 9 fighter 7 monk 4 fvs using nightmares. However, I don't like this as much since higher doublestrike is harder to maintain.

I have a toon with 3 pally past lives that was meant to be a epic lob tank back in the day. I think I might turn him into a druid wolf w/ fvs splash.

Oh yeah, please do not call me the next solar dawning Cheesy. Similar concept but these builds should have better healing and damage.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2013 at 11:37pm by Sham »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
I wouldn't play a 9druid druid build without 9monk levels personally.

I've been toying with the idea of a 13rogue, 4fvs, 3monk build.

Focusing on double strike will work out great with fists of light, ameliorating strike and fists of light.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2013 at 11:53pm by Munkenmo »  

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Oct 3rd, 2013 at 11:53pmMunkenmo wrote on Oct 3rd, 2013 at 11:50pm:
I wouldn't play a 9druid druid build without 9monk levels personally.

I've been toying with the idea of a 13rogue, 4fvs, 3monk build.

Focusing on double strike will work out great with fists of light, ameliorating strike and fists of light.

Well, 7 monk would only lose .5 of a die step to 9 monk. Also lose improved evasion but I meh. I dunno about 13 rogue. You would have to take some useless enhancements on your way to double strike boost unless of course you were gonna go quarterstaff. Q-staff is viable but would lose offhand chance and offhand doublstrike from perfect twf. Also you lose stuns. You can take opportunist but I don't think that makes up for shadow double which has really nice synergy with smite foe.
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2013 at 12:00am by Sham »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 1:38am
Print Post  
fuck 1/4 staves. 

I'll probably be going for a drow wind stance shortsword user with no tier 5 abilities.

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 1:52am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 4th, 2013 at 1:38am:
fuck 1/4 staves. 

I'll probably be going for a drow wind stance shortsword user with no tier 5 abilities.

How are you getting to higher doublestrike? I'm not sure rogue has any boosts beside acrobat. While drow shortsword is nice flavor wise. They lose out on doublestrike/healing and I'm partial to stuns w/ no mercy. Rogue doublestrike does not stack with haste boost and should be limited in number. Shadow double is 100 percent increase and is ki-based. Maybe I'm concentrating too much on doublestrike. Well if you can reach that 400 hp heal on the rogue build. Go for it. I just like the synergy with max doublestrike on druid. Especially, you know, since twf still works in wolf form. At least I see offhand attacks on the dummy.

Just curious what's the rough positive energy and healing amp of the toon u got 400 on? Also how many strikes made up that 400 i.e was it like 4 hits of 100hp per?
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2013 at 1:57am by Sham »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #7 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 2:18am
Print Post  
You're focusing more on the double strike than I am. I'm just going to go for windstance instead of a typical earth stance splash.

I'm not trying to make this toon a monk, I've got enough monks already (pure, 16/4, 12/6/2 AA, 8/6/6 kensai monk ranger)

I'm also not trying to make a druid, I've got a 9/9/2 and a 17/2/1.

I'm trying to make a high dps 2wf toon that doesn't have to stop swinging to heal and won't need to be rebuilt after a bug fix.

Rogues the obvious choice when 2wf and after high dps, there's still little that competes with their sneak attack dice.

3monk is for fists of light, not the stuns, I'll be spreading myself too thin trying to reach EE tactic DC's, ultimately ending up with a gimp.

Drow shortswords aren't as flavor as they used to be.  With 4 levels of fvs, my shortswords will have +4 added to their enhancement bonus via warpriest
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2013 at 2:19am by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #8 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Oct 4th, 2013 at 1:52am:
Just curious what's the rough positive energy and healing amp of the toon u got 400 on? Also how many strikes made up that 400 i.e was it like 4 hits of 100hp per?

was a 16/4 monk split that i'm fucking round with.

400 was a single strike.

positive spell power 267
amp = 362%

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 2:49am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 4th, 2013 at 2:18am:
You're focusing more on the double strike than I am. I'm just going to go for windstance instead of a typical earth stance splash.

I'm not trying to make this toon a monk, I've got enough monks already (pure, 16/4, 12/6/2 AA, 8/6/6 kensai monk ranger)

I'm also not trying to make a druid, I've got a 9/9/2 and a 17/2/1.

I'm trying to make a high dps 2wf toon that doesn't have to stop swinging to heal and won't need to be rebuilt after a bug fix.

Rogues the obvious choice when 2wf and after high dps, there's still little that competes with their sneak attack dice.

3monk is for fists of light, not the stuns, I'll be spreading myself too thin trying to reach EE tactic DC's, ultimately ending up with a gimp.

Drow shortswords aren't as flavor as they used to be.  With 4 levels of fvs, my shortswords will have +4 added to their enhancement bonus via warpriest

I don't have enough monks or druids Cheesy, so I'm going for the optimizing route, in this case doublestrike, healing amp, and positive spellpower. It might be overkill, but I will need to do some testing.

My former guild leader, pyce plays a mean rogue. I've done a couple rogue lives but I could never bring myself to like it.
Also the assassin tree is kind of skim pickings. I also like to blitz, the idea of a blitzing rogue just sounds wrong. How would you be getting sneak attack on bosses? You would not have the dc for unbalancing strike and would pretty much require another player.

The druid build can potentially serve as a main party healer. Between scrolls, cocoon, renewal, and this strike should be enough.
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2013 at 2:55am by Sham »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #10 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 3:06am
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Oct 4th, 2013 at 2:49am:
Also the assassin tree is kind of skim pickings. I also like to blitz, the idea of a blitzing rogue just sounds wrong. How would you be getting sneak attack on bosses? You would not have the dc for unbalancing strike and would pretty much require another player.

The assasin tree is crap. It's why I'm not going to take it to tier 5.

Rad II in heroic levels, Deception/ diplo / bluff at higher levels will serve me fine on bosses. Come EE I'll be in Shadowdancer with it's automagic sneak attacks anyway.

It's looking pretty optimised tbh, I'll post the build later on tonight.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 3:17am
Print Post  
gotten 250*3 from it. so 750. 200 PSP and 200 amp
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2013 at 3:17am by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 9:46am
Print Post  
The best part about Ameliorating is that Turbine got something right on it for a change. It stacks with all devotion/lore/amp and is based on character level for the healing so it's like the old monk FoL finisher...it's pretty useful all the way through leveling. As your doublestrike/TWF gets better that helps it as well. I'm doing a Drow 18fvs/2mnk right now...just got to 8/2 and loving it and a huge part of why it's so fun is Ameliorating Strike.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #13 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Doesn't Assassin give x3 Crit to Kukri's and daggers and 15-20 crit range with Daggers with Imp Crit? Making them TWF eSoS's?

If you want DPS, shouldn't you be swinging daggers and not shortswords? Perhaps I'm missing something.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #14 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Oct 8th, 2013 at 3:12pm:
Perhaps I'm missing something.

You're missing being centered.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #15 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Oct 8th, 2013 at 3:12pm:
Doesn't Assassin give x3 Crit to Kukri's and daggers and 15-20 crit range with Daggers with Imp Crit? Making them TWF eSoS's?

If you want DPS, shouldn't you be swinging daggers and not shortswords? Perhaps I'm missing something.

Also, what are your feats for 13/4/3?

Hero:
Monk:TWF
ITWF
GTWF
Monk:PA
Cleave
Great Cleave
Imp Crit: Pierce
? Adept Forms?
? Master Forms?
Rogue: Improved Evasion
Rogue: Slippery Mind/Opportunist?

Epic:
OC
Improved SA
?
26:?
28:?

Are you taking some DWS for Pos spell power? Shintao for DRR?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #16 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 8th, 2013 at 4:54pm:
You're missing being centered.

Oh right it's only centered with the SS, not daggers too

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #17 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
go look at the roguenmo thread :p

IP Logged

chemist
Korthos Resident

I Love Fail!

Reply #18 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
130ish with positive spell power 239. Healing amp only form the ship buff

IP Logged

Kitler
Korthos Resident

I came I purred I conquered

Reply #19 - Aug 10th, 2014 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
im sorry for necro but im curious, how does this work for animal form if at all?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #20 - Aug 10th, 2014 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
If you have twf feats.

Main hand + off hand + double strike.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Aug 10th, 2014 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Aug 10th, 2014 at 7:04pm:
If you have twf feats.

Main hand + off hand + double strike.

so, it's just main hand 3 times then.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #22 - Aug 10th, 2014 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 10th, 2014 at 7:36pm:
so, it's just main hand 3 times then.

It's a disingenuous way of looking at it, whilst yes that's true, it doesn't matter. Ameliorating strike is only effected by # of procs * pos spell power. What weapon you land your attack with doesn't matter, so long as you land the attack.

Thinking about it further though technically with perfect twf there's actually a chance at 4 procs, though I never saw it.

1. Main hand +
2. Off hand (using your main hand weapon) +
3. main hand double strike +
4. Off hand double strike (again using your main hand weapon)

Mechanically, ameliorating strike works exactly the same as it does for any other twf or unarmed character.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Aug 10th, 2014 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Aug 10th, 2014 at 8:03pm:
It's a disingenuous way of looking at it, whilst yes that's true, it doesn't matter. Ameliorating strike is only effected by # of procs * pos spell power. What weapon you land your attack with doesn't matter, so long as you land the attack.

Thinking about it further though technically with perfect twf there's actually a chance at 4 procs, though I never saw it.

1. Main hand +
2. Off hand (using your main hand weapon) +
3. main hand double strike +
4. Off hand double strike (again using your main hand weapon)

Mechanically, ameliorating strike works exactly the same as it does for any other twf or unarmed character.

im not sure wolf form will even proc that off hand doublestrike since it never uses its off hand. at least i dont think i've ever seen 4 hits on anything while in wolf form. this includes alpha strike, whirlwind, strike down, stun fist/monk ki attacks. all which will give up to 4 often with monks. at least since u21. whilrwind will give up to 7, but alpha strike doesnt work out of form.
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2014 at 8:42pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #24 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 6:10am
Print Post  
Double strike doesn't work, at least not with normal weapons.

Maybe with wraps. Someone said on motherforums.
No idea about wolf stuff.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint