Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What goes up (Read 5496 times)
Bjriand
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

What goes up
Oct 21st, 2013 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Hoping someone can help figure out where me and my TR partner went wrong.  Everything was smooth sailing until the end fight.  We took down the pillars, killed the trash and were pretty much left with the constant respawns of casters and shadar kai assassins.  This was heroic elite btw.  The boss would never stay in one place for more than a few seconds.  Might get one or two hits in if we were lucky.  Managed to get him to half health, but after 30-45 minutes of chasing him around, it got annoying and we left the quest.  Is there some trick or something we missed to keep the boss in place for more than a few seconds?  Watched a video on youtube of an epic elite and the boss seemed to be out for a significant amount of time....

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Re: What goes up
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 9:18am
Print Post  
If he's teleporting constantly+his health is resetting, there's a required trash mob from a wave somewhere you haven't killed. The assassins and mages aren't required and just constantly respawn, but the first wave of orcs, wave of ice ellies, wave of shadovar each need to be 100% cleared before you can damage the boss further.

Once in awhile one of the required kills will fall off the map and you get to roll the dice with seeing if you can get a GM that will bother to fix/complete the quest for you.

IP Logged

Bjriand
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Hmm, his health wasn't resetting, but he was constantly teleporting.  Maybe an ice elemental fell off because we never saw a wave of shadovar as far as I remember.  I'll give it another go tonight and make sure all waves are cleared.  Will probably do like the video and fight everything at the end fight entrance with the hope that none fall off.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 9:31am
Print Post  
His health may not reset until you get him down to 30% or so.

You can't miss the shadovar, the purple shadowfell effect happens and doesn't go away until you kill all 4, and you actually get an objective for it unlike the orcs and ellies.

The final wave of orcs after the shadovar is not required btw, those you can kite off/CC and just take him down.

He'll teleport when he's vulnerable to being killed, but it'll "only" be every 15-30 seconds or so.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2013 at 9:33am by cdr »  

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 9:18am:
If he's teleporting constantly+his health is resetting, there's a required trash mob from a wave somewhere you haven't killed. The assassins and mages aren't required and just constantly respawn, but the first wave of orcs, wave of ice ellies, wave of shadovar each need to be 100% cleared before you can damage the boss further.

This was a hilarious issue for a couple of first timers a couple of nights ago. Would not have figured it out except for being able to see his actual HP values kept resetting to the exact same number.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Yeah, it's really poorly implemented (aside from also being poorly designed). I kind of suspect they saw everything just get kited/CCed on lama and make the orcs/ellies required kills at the last minute. With no objective or any other indication that you have to kill them, of course.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 5:13pm:
Yeah, it's really poorly implemented (aside from also being poorly designed). I kind of suspect they saw everything just get kited/CCed on lama and make the orcs/ellies required kills at the last minute. With no objective or any other indication that you have to kill them, of course.

The Shadovars get a quest objective at least, but no explanation of how the main guy is invulnerable. It was the previous wave that was totally nonsensical.

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #7 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
He will run back to you also, so you don't really have to chase him.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #8 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
�ed wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:56pm:
He will run back to you also, so you don't really have to chase him.

Well, sort of. He teleports randomly and will eventually teleport near enough that he sees you and runs over to you until he teleports again in 10-20 seconds. Agree that waiting for him to come to you is the better thing to do though.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 22nd, 2013 at 12:51am
Print Post  
You need to have some ranged DPS, and yes it's a major pain for melee.  I would suggest DPSing him every chance you get and ignore pillars initially.  The pillars do not teleport.

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #10 - Oct 22nd, 2013 at 11:15am
Print Post  
1) Invis, run to pillars
2) Destroy Pillars
3) Kill Shadovar
4) Go to safe spot
5) Dot boss, rinse, repeat.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Oct 22nd, 2013 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Bjriand wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 9:04am:
Hoping someone can help figure out where me and my TR partner went wrong.  Everything was smooth sailing until the end fight.  We took down the pillars, killed the trash and were pretty much left with the constant respawns of casters and shadar kai assassins.  This was heroic elite btw.  The boss would never stay in one place for more than a few seconds.  Might get one or two hits in if we were lucky.  Managed to get him to half health, but after 30-45 minutes of chasing him around, it got annoying and we left the quest.  Is there some trick or something we missed to keep the boss in place for more than a few seconds?  Watched a video on youtube of an epic elite and the boss seemed to be out for a significant amount of time....

The issue is directly related to the fact that you are still, for some reason, playing DDO.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #12 - Oct 22nd, 2013 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
�ed wrote on Oct 22nd, 2013 at 11:15am:
1) Invis, run to pillars
2) Destroy Pillars
3) Kill Shadovar
4) Go to safe spot
5) Dot boss, rinse, repeat.

not on EE unless you sell your kidney for the pots you'll need to buy.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #13 - Oct 22nd, 2013 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 22nd, 2013 at 4:09pm:
not on EE unless you sell your kidney for the pots you'll need to buy.

Don't tell me you didn't dupe the free major mnem turn ins?

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #14 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Oct 22nd, 2013 at 8:52pm:
Don't tell me you didn't dupe the free major mnem turn ins?

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #15 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
The mnemonic trinkets are ok, but they're 20 charges and exclusive... like a Bauble you can only use 20 times.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint