Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Over level Xp (Read 6591 times)
Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Over level Xp
Nov 8th, 2013 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Did some favor clean up running elite Devil Battlefield quests with a lvl 27 toon and received full xp. No penalty. WAI?

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Re: Over level Xp
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Bigdickrichguy wrote on Nov 8th, 2013 at 11:40am:
Did some favor clean up running elite Fire Caves with a lvl 27 toon and received full xp. No penalty. WAI?

Fixed

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 11:54am
Print Post  
I know that the power level penalty for epic quests is different. Those count as epic quests, being level 21 on elite. Not sure what the range is for epic levels, but that might explain it.

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 11:56am
Print Post  
When the cap was raised to 25, or one of the patches shortly after, they made it so that CR 21+ quests had a range of 2 more when considering XP penalties. CR 20 dungeons were given a range increase of 1. This is used to determine overlevel penalty, should such a penalty apply.

In addition to this range increase, for CR 20+ dungeons, you will not incur such a penalty if it would be 50% or less. This effectively increases the safe range by 3 more levels, but does not give leniency to those above that.

DDO wiki has a chart (scroll down a bit) that maps this out.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2013 at 11:59am by Dickbutt »  

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
I never thought I would type this combination of words, but thanks dickbutt.

I still don't get the maths on being six levels over with no penalty. At any rate, it was a nice surprise, fire caves style . It was also fun trivializing what was once the most difficult content in the game.  Grin

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #5 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
I remember the time when we need the A team to beat Elite Shav stuff. The mobs still hits hard but they have way too low hp.  Wink

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #6 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
in level 20 quests your character level is counted one level lower than it really is for bravery / over level penalty etc.

in level 21+ quests your character level is counted two levels lower than it really is.

I wish this would be included in a loading screen.  The amount of people who don't understand the mechanic is mind blowing.

Running a level 18 heroic quest (iq) on elite makes it level 20, therefore, it's possible to run a level 17 character with a level 21 character, both get bravery, and full xp.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2013 at 1:20pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #7 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Release notes Update : 14.2

Quote:
Players in CR 20 quests will have the spread between the quest CR and the max player level reduced by 1. In CR 21+ quests, the spread will be reduced by two. This will prevent over-level penalties caused by level 25 players running CR 20-23 quests.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Laraeph
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #8 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 8th, 2013 at 1:19pm:
in level 20 quests your character level is counted one level lower than it really is for bravery / over level penalty etc.

in level 21+ quests your character level is counted two levels lower than it really is.

I wish this would be included in a loading screen.  The amount of people who don't understand the mechanic is mind blowing.

Running a level 18 heroic quest (iq) on elite makes it level 20, therefore, it's possible to run a level 17 character with a level 21 character, both get bravery, and full xp.

And this still doesn't explain a lvl 27 getting full XP in a lvl 19 (21 on elite) quest.
I believe the complete answer has been given by Dickbutt. And I didn't learn that until U19...

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #9 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Laraeph wrote on Nov 8th, 2013 at 1:28pm:
I believe the complete answer has been given by Dickbutt.

What does our existence even mean anymore when sentences like this can be true?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #10 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Laraeph wrote on Nov 8th, 2013 at 1:28pm:
And this still doesn't explain a lvl 27 getting full XP in a lvl 19 (21 on elite) quest.

I explained it exactly how it works.

In your scenario, the level 27 doesn't get a penalty, but he would severly fuck over a level 21.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2013 at 2:09pm by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Laraeph
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #11 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 8th, 2013 at 2:08pm:
I explained it exactly how it works.

In your scenario, the level 27 doesn't get a penalty, but he would severly fuck over a level 21.

No, you did not explain why the lvl 27 doesn't get a penalty.
And no, a lvl 21 player wouldn't get powerleveled by a lvl 27, either.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #12 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Laraeph wrote on Nov 8th, 2013 at 2:37pm:
And no, a lvl 21 player wouldn't get powerleveled by a lvl 27, either.

The last time I tested these mechanics the 27's definitely power leveled 21's.

It's why I don't mention the -50% reduction, it's not 100% encompassing.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #13 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 8th, 2013 at 2:40pm:
The last time I tested these mechanics the 27's definitely power leveled 21's.

It's why I don't mention the -50% reduction, it's not 100% encompassing.

There is a difference between over-level penalties and power-level penalties.

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #14 - Nov 9th, 2013 at 2:01am
Print Post  
As mentioned, the power-level penalty still does apply, but it only uses the first set of range increases mentioned in my previous post. I.e. in CR 20, the safe range for power levelling is 4 levels; in CR 21+, it's 5 levels. A 6 level difference should give a 50% penalty to the lower level character in a CR 21+ dungeon. The wiki seems to be vague on this point, oddly.

The extra 3 level range for epic quests seemed to have been a patch solution for level 25s in CR 20/21 quests. The fact that it still applied a large penalty for players just outside its range was unknown until Shadowfell, because level 26 is the lowest level that would receive an over-level penalty from a CR 20 quest.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint