Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Archer/Monkcher...Clueless (Read 16046 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Archer/Monkcher...Clueless
Reply #25 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Dec 22nd, 2013 at 6:32am:
very very rarely is it better than fotw.
It's often better than shiradi.

Actually I find Ranged blitzed is frequently much better than FoTW in EEs.

extra ulti on 19-20, and if you run in the right AA stance, extra crit threat (unless that's been nerfed) from Pulv. Thats without even blitzing. Also, 8 Action boosts, which you can take in the tree if you like and dont have them from enhancements.

Once youre blitzing, FoTW archers will cry into their cornflakes as you demolish them on kills.

I would say the only time Blitz isn't better than FoTW is if the quest has long cutscenes, broken portals, or lots of running and not lots of Mobs. Standard Blitz concerns, but not specific to ranged combat.

« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2014 at 11:50am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

LUDICROUS SPEED GO!!!!!!!

Reply #26 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 28th, 2014 at 11:49am:
Actually I find Ranged blitzed is frequently much better than FoTW in EEs.

extra ulti on 19-20, and if you run in the right AA stance, extra crit threat (unless that's been nerfed) from Pulv. Thats without even blitzing. Also, 8 Action boosts, which you can take in the tree if you like and dont have them from enhancements.

Once youre blitzing, FoTW archers will cry into their cornflakes as you demolish them on kills.

I would say the only time Blitz isn't better than FoTW is if the quest has long cutscenes, broken portals, or lots of running and not lots of Mobs. Standard Blitz concerns, but not specific to ranged combat.

The problem with ranged blitzing is the targeting of trash mobs, I say leave the little yellow names to the gimp melee blitzers and the FoTW take the big boys ^-^

And most kills doesnt equal more DPS

EDIT:
Dont forget using adrenaline is also an auto crit.

I tried blitzing before and I found myself overkilling mobs and thus losing dps :p

trash mobs only have so much hp
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2014 at 2:49pm by froggy »  

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #27 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
If you end up going bladeforged btw, and if you got 36 points get all your stats, (except int) at 14, then invest in dex until you have high enough base to get combat archery, then put the rest into wisdom (to max out 10k stars)  Some rather invest more into strength for higher damage, but Id rather have a high % chance to get an additional arrow while using 10k than +3 damage per arrow.  (Divine might substitutes the lack of investment into strength anyways, but its just a personal preferece.  Sitting at 52 str self buffed with divine might :] )

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #28 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
froggy wrote on Mar 28th, 2014 at 2:53pm:
If you end up going bladeforged btw, and if you got 36 points get all your stats, (except int) at 14, then invest in dex until you have high enough base to get combat archery, then put the rest into wisdom (to max out 10k stars)  Some rather invest more into strength for higher damage, but Id rather have a high % chance to get an additional arrow while using 10k than +3 damage per arrow.  (Divine might substitutes the lack of investment into strength anyways, but its just a personal preferece.  Sitting at 52 str self buffed with divine might :] )

Investing in 14con is over investing, investing in Cha whilst missing out on overwhelming critical is a poor dps choice.

Munkenmo wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 11:53pm:
Seriously, everything you post is wrong.

The investment into the 23 str required can equate to more than 5000 damage in a single manyshot volley.

The bonus divine might gets you from some extra points in cha is pitiful when compared to crit mods in the game now.

Fuck even choosing Combat archery instead of Overwhelming critical is a piss poor choice.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #29 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
froggy wrote on Mar 28th, 2014 at 2:48pm:
The problem with ranged blitzing is the targeting of trash mobs, I say leave the little yellow names to the gimp melee blitzers and the FoTW take the big boys ^-^

EDIT:
Dont forget using adrenaline is also an auto crit.

I tried blitzing before and I found myself overkilling mobs and thus losing dps :p

trash mobs only have so much hp

Overkilling? Wasting DPS? Seriously man, WTF are you talking about? Everything you've written here is rubbish.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #30 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
froggy wrote on Mar 28th, 2014 at 10:58am:
If your just starting out I recommend the 11ranger/6monk/3pally split
11ranger gives .......... need to worry about since manyshot+fury+slayer arrow is going to kill most things

this is a newb friendly/EH build at best.

I had it for about 4 ETRs. It's just ok.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
More than 2 pally levels is a waste.  You should be WIS based with Zen Archery.  This will solve most of your saves issues.  You then ZA feat anyways to stay centered.  The way to make the most of damage in a monkcher is synergy.  Squeeze every bit of damage out that you can.  This includes Seeker, Exceptional Seeker, Deadly, Rage pots, yugo pots, Tensers, etc etc.  Think of damage as a DC caster would think about there caster ability modifier.  You need every last bit you can get.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2014 at 5:28pm by Red Sox H8 Yankees »  

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
froggy wrote on Mar 28th, 2014 at 2:53pm:
Sitting at 52 str self buffed with divine might :] )

Gimp.  Look here for a good (elite build) and the true benchmark of STR. 

"End Stats fully buffed with yugo pots/rage/Fire finisher in EARTH STANCE" Quote above the Cetus selfie.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Guru-Meditation
Korthos Resident

Reply #33 - Mar 30th, 2014 at 6:48am
Print Post  
froggy wrote on Mar 28th, 2014 at 2:48pm:

If both characters do not play retarded to just get the most kills, instead of going for the best completion, it is agood way to compare realised DPS output.

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #34 - Mar 31st, 2014 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 28th, 2014 at 3:12pm:
Investing in 14con is over investing, investing in Cha whilst missing out on overwhelming critical is a poor dps choice.

Only if you plan on spending 4 feats to aquire 2 multipliers.  I'm not saying its not useful, but if your going 2pally instead of 2 fighter feats are starved.

And hey in my other post I said DPS isnt the issue with monkchers Tongue  its survive-ability.

and the dps will still be very very good, if you want to spend 4 feats for 2 more multipliers instead of investing more into CHA and CON to survive better then thats your dilemma Tongue

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #35 - Mar 31st, 2014 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Guru-Meditation wrote on Mar 30th, 2014 at 6:48am:
If both characters do not play retarded to just get the most kills, instead of going for the best completion, it is agood way to compare realised DPS output.

Not always, Monkchers specialize in big boss dps while melees/bursters specialize in trash mob dps. 

monkchers can do shit tons of DPS but only on 1 mob at a time. (manyshot+adren+slayer will kill every trash mob in the game except magma brutes).  Its unpopular for monkchers to fight trash mobs while blitzing because it takes more time to hard target the mob than it takes to kill it Tongue  Hence rangers arent great for trash mobs "Using IPS does help but cleavers still get a bigger advantage"

And if rangers are trying to maximise their DPS they now its better for them to continually be damaging the purple name.  And melees/bursters know that they can maxmise their DPS by rushing into a wave of mobs and using a burst or cleave+greatcleave+ swing.

So no, kills are not equivalent to DPS

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #36 - Mar 31st, 2014 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
froggy wrote on Mar 31st, 2014 at 10:08pm:
Only if you plan on spending 4 feats to aquire 2 multipliers.  I'm not saying its not useful, but if your going 2pally instead of 2 fighter feats are starved.

Yet again:

Munkenmo wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 11:53pm:
Seriously, everything you post is wrong.

Monkchers are not feat starved, I've got 2druid levels on mine and have easily fit overwhelming critical.

There are virtually no tough feat choices on a Monkcher.

The only feat I'd like to have is dodge, however picking that up instead of Overwhelming critical means I'm basically wasting feats on useless shit.

OC is not 2 multipliers btw, It's only one extra multiplier on 19/20
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2014 at 10:25pm by Munkenmo »  

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #37 - Mar 31st, 2014 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
froggy wrote on Mar 31st, 2014 at 10:17pm:
monkchers can do shit tons of DPS but only on 1 mob at a time. (manyshot+adren+slayer will kill every trash mob in the game except magma brutes).  Its unpopular for monkchers to fight trash mobs while blitzing because it takes more time to hard target the mob than it takes to kill it Tongue  Hence rangers arent great for trash mobs "Using IPS does help but cleavers still get a bigger advantage"

And if rangers are trying to maximise their DPS they now its better for them to continually be damaging the purple name.  And melees/bursters know that they can maxmise their DPS by rushing into a wave of mobs and using a burst or cleave+greatcleave+ swing.

So no, kills are not equivalent to DP

You come across as a really shitty archer.

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #38 - Apr 3rd, 2014 at 2:25am
Print Post  
You come across as illiterate Tongue

Its just more efficient that way, this is like comparing exp rates when your in quests vs comparing exp rates it takes you to get to the quest in addition to completing the quest Tongue

I'd love to argue more though just to get my post count higher so lets talk more :3

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #39 - Apr 3rd, 2014 at 2:29am
Print Post  
And ok, the 1 mob at a time isnt completely accurate but keep reading, you can use IPS and get a shit ton of mobs downed in a fell swoop with manyshot+adren+slayer but that doesnt happen very often Tongue

Quote:
Gimp.  Look here for a good (elite build) and the true benchmark of STR. 

"End Stats fully buffed with yugo pots/rage/Fire finisher in EARTH STANCE" Quote above the Cetus selfie. 

If you read the rest of what I posted I said that 52 STR was with all items equipped be min lvl 20 Tongue
and I'd rather invest more into wisdom to get a higher % for arrows when using 10k stars Tongue

Just because you see three arrows do 13k damage doesnt make it more than 4 arrows with 12.5k damage Tongue

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #40 - Apr 3rd, 2014 at 2:31am
Print Post  
And pertaining to the feats, if you get precision and your a bladeforged and able to get the completionist feat you are starved Tongue

Prevision>OC for boss mobs which is the only difficult thing to kill in this game

and yes 2 multipliers total, one on a 19 and one on a 20.

p.s. moar posts

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint