Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic games for Android tablets (Read 176 times)
crunch
Stormreaver Piker

games for Android tablets
Jan 7th, 2014 at 7:47am
Print Post  
my wife bought me a tablet. because probably I was not spending enough time online with DDO. so, anyway, what should I play? so far, I've installed Angry Birds because that's probably the only touchscreen game I know. but I suspect other Android games exist. I don't intend to buy anything, the stuff should be free.

As for games, I used to like Civilization franchise, Heroes of Might and Magic III.. DDO... duh. Golden Axe on Commodore 64.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: games for Android tablets
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 8:01am
Print Post  
I got a samsung note over the holidays, ive been trying to work out what to do with it too.

Ive gotten plants vs zombies 2, and heroes of dragon age, the p2w is obvious in both, but im still a tablet noob so havent gotten any more games as of yet.

Adblock plus was totally worth the download though.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 8:25am
Print Post  
I'll start with the adblock, then.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Plants vs Zombies 2 is absolutely completeable without paying a dime.  Most of the new plants are alright (the boomerang banana is kinda useless).

Candy crush is addictive if you liked Bejeweled.

There are several infinite runner games, the best-looking one is Robot Unicorn Attack 2. 

If you like Scrabble, there is a free version.  If you like Scrabble with a bigger board, there is Words with Friends.  Both are decent.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #4 - Jan 8th, 2014 at 3:48am
Print Post  
Also found an app called "Droid of the Day"

It shows a list of apps that are discounted to free each day.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

pissedoffonArgo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2014 at 4:01am
Print Post  
First thing is first head over to XDA and root that badboy tablet! Get rid of bloatware and unlock its true potential. Oveclock it and tweak it out more then a Toronto mayor on election night..Chances are you have many better roms waiting for you then the stock rom you have! Seriously guys, I cannot stress enough how beneficial XDA site is for android users. Its got cool app reviews, Tweaks, help sections, info up the wazoo on your device and all the latest stuff. Can't go wrong checking it out.

Second thing head over to your fav torrent site and download any game your heart desires!

You can also get emulators if your rooted.. i have Drastic -a Wi emulator. kids love animal crossing and mario cart.. A nintento 64 one, A sony playstation 1 and 2 emulator.. Ect ect ect.. The options are getting pretty good lately. I have yet to see a 360 or ps3 emulator but have heard rumors  its  in development. The Tablets are getting pretty fierce lately in power..

Some cool games that come to mind are,

-Plague inc! really strange one. Object is to infect the world map with different viruses. Its slow but addictive. pretty fun to.

-Dead trigger. Zombie shoot em up. fun stuff !

-Grand theft auto- san andreas. pretty fun but chances are you played it on big screen with real controls.

-Need for speed- most wanted. one of the better racing games for a tablet.

-Osmos- really addictive and kinda strange molecule game.

-Beat hazard- a cool shoot em up spaceship game that interacts with your own music.

-Dark legends. a Diablo style MMOrpg  with a ton of pay to win. But non the less pretty damn fun and has a shitload of players!

- Avabel online- another MMOrpg game. Very grindy korean style game but good for killing time. Character building is actually petty fun in this one. but basic. and god damn its mmo on your friggen tablet? thats kinda cool..

-FL studio. If you like music you will love this app. simple but super powerful beat creator

-Zombie gs- Imagine your in a helicopter and zombies are attacking your comrades. its night time. you got goggles.  Pretty simple but surprisingly fun.

-lego star wars is pretty fun. and good for a laugh

-Alien vs predator is probs one of the better grafix games out there but kinda sacrifices gameplay for grafix. none the less its really cool once you get hang of wierd controls.

-Draw something is cool with friends if your drunk but you need to signed into facebook.

hmmm. There is a ton more . Finding them is the hard part. they are out there buried on google play. Under all the zynga crap! Finding em on pirate bay seems a lot easier! Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2014 at 4:13am by pissedoffonArgo »  

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #6 - Jan 10th, 2014 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
not sure if I want to root this device... but where would I start if I wanted? I'll let ya google that for me.

IP Logged

Zhalian
Dragon Raider

Drama is best served fresh.

Reply #7 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
I've been waiting for an emulator... damn android!  That Samsung does look awesome.

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.
- Mel Brooks

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #8 - Jan 14th, 2014 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Final Fantasy I - V have been ported to android at this point, plus misc other FF games. They're pricey though. The Zynga-fied f2p phone/tablet FF game is so terrible though even Penny Arcade made fun of it.

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jan 15th, 2014 at 9:03am
Print Post  
First thing I downloaded was a Gameboy Advanced Emulator, and got myself some Pokémon games  Grin

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #10 - Jan 16th, 2014 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Currently playing paper mario.

Saw that ff6 was officially ported today, im just going to play the gba version its based on though, bing free and having save states seems like a much better deal.

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 20th, 2014 at 6:16am
Print Post  
On a different tangent, I've been reliving my college days with ScummVM and Day of the Tentacle and other early Lucasarts stuff. The touch interface is a bit annoying but usable (also my tablet is an Asus Transformer which has a touchpad when docked, so that helps). Good mostly if you are into early-mid-90s puzzle adventures (Sam and Max, Monkey Island, etc).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint