Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sun elf Arty (Read 2882 times)
tekel bayi
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dilemma!

Sun elf Arty
Feb 7th, 2014 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Hello everyone, I have been thinking of rolling a sun elf arty. Some kind of dps-dc variety. But I haven't rolled an arty before, I'm kinda noob about them. I need some build and gear suggestions. I have at least one past life from all the classes but arty (yes last life before completionist!) and my tomes are like 4,4,5,5,4,4 in order to stats on character sheet (con and int are 5)
Sun elf, because max int and AA tree. Low self-heal but I think advantages worth that.
I have Toven's Hammer that I saved for that life and a needle. But for low levels I'm pretty sure I dont have much.
And I'm thinking of splashing 2 monk levels, I need suggestions about how I should do my build. Also gear suggestions would help. Thank you. Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2014 at 5:27am by tekel bayi »  

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Sun elf Arty
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2014 at 6:01am
Print Post  
Splashing in 6 rogue is really nice, cause it gives you a total of +150% to heal scrolls, and you get +INT to damage, that way you can just cast Insightful strikes and get +INT to both attack and damage.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2014 at 9:52am
Print Post  
tekel bayi wrote on Feb 7th, 2014 at 5:23am:
Hello everyone, I have been thinking of rolling a sun elf arty. Some kind of dps-dc variety. But I haven't rolled an arty before, I'm kinda noob about them.

Quote:
I need some build and gear suggestions. I have at least one past life from all the classes but arty (yes last life before completionist!) and my tomes are like 4,4,5,5,4,4 in order to stats on character sheet (con and int are 5)

If you are after completionist, you would be far better served getting a warforged artificer life. As far as the Iconic pastlives go, sun elf is pretty much the lamest option.

Quote:

Sun elf, because max int and AA tree. Low self-heal but I think advantages worth that.

No they're really not.

Quote:
And I'm thinking of splashing 2 monk levels, I need suggestions about how I should do my build. Also gear suggestions would help. Thank you. Smiley

If you splash 2 monk levels, you're restricting yourself to 2 level 6 spells. 
Tactical detonation and Blade barrier would be the only 2 spells you really want DC's for, but honestly, you won't reach sufficient DC's for them to matter in EE.

IMO bladeforged 8arti/6ranger/6rogue is a better build.
Int for damage.
Access to AA (since you want it)
Reconstruct.
Sneak attack.
Evasion.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2014 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
I am absolute no expert at all in DDO (I spend more time posting shit than playing), but i would go pure arti WF or BF.
Spamming high damage BB, tactical detonations, electric stuff, pewpew  and rune arm is quite nice.
If you cut arti, the loading times for rune arm, the base damage for the pew pew (attaching the weapon), the damage and DC for the spells will suffer.
If you are an experienced player, like it seems, you donīt need evasion.

But it is really my n00b opinion. If you are in Argo, I can lend you some low level high damage x-bow

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #4 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Re: Munk
What about 6ftr instead of ranger for t5 kensei (crit threat)?

Aa isnt bad on xbow but ive had a lot of trouble maxing it since its so easy to reload when you use a slayer arrow or what have you. Also, does slayer hit all the bolts or just 1? Missing out o sniper shot would suck too, since thats beast.
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2014 at 9:37am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #5 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
I'm theory crafting in this one.

I've never used repeaters or runearms much, I've had a shit time with them due to the latency / lag issues I get playing an mmo on a 400ms ping with 1-3% loss.

Ranger looks like the stronger splash to me though, the combined abilities gained from the AA and deepwood trees seem much better than what you burn in kensai to unlock the crit range.

Not sure about slayer arrows and repeaters, will certainly be worth testing when I get back.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint