Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Meteor Shower: Updated u22 Halfling (Read 102703 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: The Meteor Shower: 12Monk/5Wizard/3Rogue
Reply #225 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
I one shot everything with my caster, I prefer to wait until after it gets hit by someone else though.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #226 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 2:24pm:
I one shot everything with my caster, I prefer to wait until after it gets hit by someone else though.

lol

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #227 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 2:07am:
Real world data suppport... Yea right..
I have done all classes x3, all iconics x3, played every single build multiple times and closing triple epic compl without using a single box..
And i can assure you, a good caster WILL always OUTKILL a shuri in heroics.
EVEN THAT PARTICULAR BUILD.
Guidlie is played exactly this build.
And a caster in heroics will outkill him. And has.
ALWAYS.
Things change once shuri guys gets mortal and that is case of endgame and lv 28, but before then esp in heroics HE WONT EVER outkill a good caster.
Equally good caster and equally good shuri guy, without mortal shuri will always be behind from my own testing and experience, and i played with shuri guys that have soloed whatever you can imagine on their shuri builds.
With mortal and lv 28 gear it is superb, but before that its not even close to a good caster.
You either havent ever played a good caster or grouped with one if you are claiming a shuri can out kill em in heroics.
Case closed.
Real world data? Seems like you are a little blind and not understanding that lv 28 =/ lv 1-27.

Im not trolling or anything, i love this build, find it extremely fun, but my elitist asshole attitude cannot allow a false remark to go undiscussed since im a stubborn ox when it comes to things i know that are false.
To say, you havent played one, so you dont know is funny as i have played one, and i dont consider myself a terribad player.
But i have also played every other single thing and what a zerging wf sorc/drow with top gear can do in heroics a shuri cant.
Simply, you have access to enough sp to nuke every single quest in shortest ammount of time.
The 10 sorc 10 plife split is not popular for no particular reason.

Bdw accoring to data, highest population server is the one set up to be as default one, aka this time cannith.
Having a bunch of tards on server doesnt make your server pro

tldr;

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #228 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Ledouche You are a fucking retard. 

Epoch speaks truth.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #229 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Well epoc does a different also smart approach, nothing against piking personally.
Bdw harr was long, but full of truth compared to what you wrote
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2014 at 3:59pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #230 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
What's the best way to get Ki regen? I didn't want to have to take DPS away to put points into Contemplation, but not having 10kstars whenever it's off timer makes me feel like I'm cheating myself. Swap to Water? I'd hate to give up 4 dex but I think the tradeoff is worth it.

Looks like a combination of Stealthy and Water Stance might be my best bet, at least between fights.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2014 at 5:20pm by Packfan »  

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #231 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 3:53pm:
Well epoc does a different also smart approach, nothing against piking personally.

The fuck are you talking about. In context I said the same thing dipshit

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #232 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 3:53pm:

You and your guildie: Representative of absolutely nothing.

This is why you're wrong. Get a grip, homey.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #233 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 9:52pm:
You and your guildie: Representative of absolutely nothing.

This is why you're wrong. Get a grip, homey.

There are far far far too many levels involved before you get improved preceise shot, there's no point comparing killing potential before that, it's obvious casters win out.

Once you get IPS at 15 a well equipped thrower would start to compete with melee, but absolutely nothing ever comes close to clearing trash like a well played caster in heroics.

Based on how I've played my blade barrier and arcane lives, I've gotta admit, I've got no clue at all how you think you'd be able to keep up with me. I just sprint boost (gotta love PDK pastlives) from start to finish either shitting blade barriers, or casting web, acid rain and ice storm.

At a boss you may outdps a divine, but mana dumping sorc/wiz have enough spells that it's not worth comparing, quick enough is quick enough.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #234 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 7:21am
Print Post  
I think the key is "who gets there first". When I've pugged with zerging casters, usually they did so because they knew they could clear the room, so they'd outkill me. Melees in later heroics usually fell behind unless it was a quest I wasn't familiar with and they were leading. I don't ever like to be the first one in, and I try to respect how the leader wants to run the quest.

Right before I took 20 I ran with a TR Swashbard that was 20 in red dragonscale and the cove buckler and we basically kept pace in kills. The FvS was way behind (though I think he was spending most of his SP trying to keep himself alive). The PM was mostly on instakill/cc duty for zerg purposes.

I grouped with a Sorc right when I hit 20, and even though he was zerging ahead I was always outkilling him. He was a first lifer so was probably just starting Draconic.

So, I think it's a mix of the right build, the right player, and how quickly they move. With my gear/skill/destinies etc I know there's no way I could keep up with a Draconic Sorc right now at lvl 21. I'm looking forward to when I can though.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #235 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Packfan wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 7:21am:
I think the key is "who gets there first". When I've pugged with zerging casters, usually they did so because they knew they could clear the room, so they'd outkill me. Melees in later heroics usually fell behind unless it was a quest I wasn't familiar with and they were leading. I don't ever like to be the first one in, and I try to respect how the leader wants to run the quest.

Right before I took 20 I ran with a TR Swashbard that was 20 in red dragonscale and the cove buckler and we basically kept pace in kills. The FvS was way behind (though I think he was spending most of his SP trying to keep himself alive). The PM was mostly on instakill/cc duty for zerg purposes.

I grouped with a Sorc right when I hit 20, and even though he was zerging ahead I was always outkilling him. He was a first lifer so was probably just starting Draconic.

So, I think it's a mix of the right build, the right player, and how quickly they move. With my gear/skill/destinies etc I know there's no way I could keep up with a Draconic Sorc right now at lvl 21. I'm looking forward to when I can though.

Bingo.

Munk, you are also not representative of 99% of players either. Or do you think you are?

I am also not representative of them either. People with my build on Khyber are still in my dust.

And for the record, I very clearly stated from 16-18. Before that, I'm pretty much using a staff.

IP Logged

fr8o
Dragon Raider

Reply #236 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
If you dropped the rogue lvls for bard I wonder if the extra threat range/multipliers and 12%? doubleshot would make up for the loses from shadow dodge, sa, and offhand procs.

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #237 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
fr8o wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 4:35pm:
If you dropped the rogue lvls for bard I wonder if the extra threat range/multipliers and 12%? doubleshot would make up for the loses from shadow dodge, sa, and offhand procs.

lol
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2014 at 4:59pm by Sham »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #238 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
fr8o wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 4:35pm:

You'd have to drop the monk levels, and hence 10k stars.  So no.

IP Logged

fr8o
Dragon Raider

Reply #239 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
oh geeze good point always forget those are alignment restrictive, nm

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #240 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 2:34pm:
Bingo.

Munk, you are also not representative of 99% of players either. Or do you think you are?

I am also not representative of them either. People with my build on Khyber are still in my dust.

And for the record, I very clearly stated from 16-18. Before that, I'm pretty much using a staff.

No i'm definately not.

I see it like this, a good caster will be a bad shuri thrower, a bad caster will beat a bad shuri thrower, a good shuri thrower will beat a bad caster.

I was skimming the thread, but I do err on lelouch's side.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

MisterHank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #241 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Hai.

I just did some calculations using a different approach. was supposed to quote some calculations from page 2 but it waz a fail. I wanna share it with you guys and maybe find out its incorrect.

The conclusion of my calculations is that dex has diminishing returns in dps: going from 0 to 2 dex (impossibru but interesting to calculate) gives a 5% increase in dps. with the first dex giving exactly 2% increase in dps.
Going from 80 to 82 dex only gives approx. a 2.538% increase in dps.
Below my calculations based on simple math calculating the probabilities of 1, 2, and 3 shurikens thrown, and multiplying these by the amount of damage dealt.
http://s34.photobucket.com/user/Misterhank1/media/dexforshuriken_zps16bbfeb8.jpg...

BTW im looking for the derivative of the bottom formula, i cant differentiate it. I think that reveals a bit more.

I did something similar for 10k stars but its more complicated and probably full of errors. basicly its just not that great. it seems to give an increase of 3.2% damage for 2 wis at its best, going from 42 wis to 44. I wanna look into it some more though.
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2014 at 9:50am by MisterHank »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #242 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Man I've just finished doing my maths and physics exams, I don't want to think this hard. ><

problem 1: shuriken expertise and advanced ninja training are both based from your first throw, the chance to throw your advanced ninja training shuriken isn't dependant on successfully throwing a shuriken expertise shuriken, & vice versa.
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2014 at 11:13am by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

MisterHank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #243 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 11:49am
Print Post  
I didnt mean they are dependant on eachother. Wait what does that mean? I see it as 3 possible outcomes: throwing 2 additional shuriken, throwing 1 additional shuriken and throwing no additional shuriken.

If two extra are thrown it means there has to be a succesful use of ninja as well as shuri exp. Both are at 80% for 80 percent of 80 percent. I cant get it otherwise can u give me a correct probability of throwing 2 extra shuriken? Lets get to the bottom of this ! ^^

Edit: i guess i did mean they are dependant on eachother the only way to throw 2 is to have the other feat/enhanment succed...

Edit 2: I just googled some stuff (that site is handy btw) and u are correct in terms of probability calculations they are independent.
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2014 at 12:15pm by MisterHank »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #244 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 11:58am
Print Post  
I misinterperated your graph, it's 4am my time and I'm half cut watching the world cup.

I'll think about it tomorrow, your formula at the bottom was enough for me to nope out of this for now.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #245 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
There are diminishing returns of adding dex, not because the the proportion to throw more shuriken does not increase, but because you're already likely enough to throw more shuriken increasingly that the added chance to throw one has less impact on total damage over time. That's how you express correctly the graph in english when you do the math right.

the graph starts up near 2% per dex point @Dex=1, and up through @90 Dex curves down the Y axis as it moves right on the X to a point where 1dex point is more like .75% damage increase around 84 Dex. That's just with with Dex Mod to damage, and shuriken procs in the calc. No other procs, base damage, etc, because they are constants.

heres my chart, I made this sheet a few weeks ago to make Firewall understand how to make a better character than his shitty Shuricannon, but then he started complaining and getting me infractions and I said fuck it, he can suck his thumb and keep being a gimp.

Low End Dex

High End Dex
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2014 at 3:01pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #246 - Jul 3rd, 2014 at 7:38am
Print Post  
Does anyone know if Draconic Reinvigoration procs offhand with a thrower build?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #247 - Jul 3rd, 2014 at 11:48am
Print Post  
it absolutely did before I stopped playing 2 months ago.

IP Logged

GrizzlyBear
Korthos Resident

duh?!

Reply #248 - Jul 3rd, 2014 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
i'm using a lv16 spelltouched shuriken with envenomed blade in off hand just for armor-piercing
i've noticed the shuriken proc'ing both the venon damage and paralyz from blade
is this wai?
the description say only the attacks with the blade woul apply the extra effects

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #249 - Jul 3rd, 2014 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Procs didn't work for me, but I used Snow Star up til 20. I'll try with a lvl 20 and 24 spelltouched next time I log with Envenomed Blade. I had moved to a deception item by the time I hit 20.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 
Send TopicPrint