Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Meteor Shower: Updated u22 Halfling (Read 102456 times)
Rabbit
Korthos Resident

Loves to cuddle

Re: The Meteor Shower: 12Monk/5Wizard/3Rogue
Reply #275 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
First non honeypot post here...

Been following this thread since the get go while I was already running a capped s-cannon. I'm thinking of using my banked LR+20 on my now second eTR of said s-cannon who's at 23 right now.

My main question is, given the current screw up with deflect arrows not being available as an MA feat, and your current experience with the build, how would you suggest level/feat orders if jumping straight to 23?

If it matters, I've got +3 tomes on all stats except a +4 WIS and a +5 dex... no completionist, and only the fortification ePL (along with a prior monk and pally hPL). I don't have any great gear to speak of (Celestia and some spellplague stars) but the goal of the LR+20 is to swap him into my EE static group and farm farm farm. I'd likely also be filling in the trapper role when needed.

Given that I will be grouping the large majority of the time with other self sufficient EE'ers any suggested tweaks would be appreciated.

Thanks,
gmO

�
IP Logged

Rabbit
Korthos Resident

Loves to cuddle

Reply #276 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
With stats of 9/19/13/13/14/11 I'm leaning towards this feat leveling order:

r: PBS
m: dodge
m: precision/rapid shot
m: light path
m
m: deflect arrows
m: 10k
w: Extend
w: Quick draw
w
w
w: precise shot/quicken
m
m
m: ic: thrown
m
m
m: Grandmaster
r
r
21: IPS

�
IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #277 - Jul 15th, 2014 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Rabbit wrote on Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:56pm:
First non honeypot post here...

Been following this thread since the get go while I was already running a capped s-cannon. I'm thinking of using my banked LR+20 on my now second eTR of said s-cannon who's at 23 right now.

My main question is, given the current screw up with deflect arrows not being available as an MA feat, and your current experience with the build, how would you suggest level/feat orders if jumping straight to 23?

If it matters, I've got +3 tomes on all stats except a +4 WIS and a +5 dex... no completionist, and only the fortification ePL (along with a prior monk and pally hPL). I don't have any great gear to speak of (Celestia and some spellplague stars) but the goal of the LR+20 is to swap him into my EE static group and farm farm farm. I'd likely also be filling in the trapper role when needed.

Given that I will be grouping the large majority of the time with other self sufficient EE'ers any suggested tweaks would be appreciated.

Thanks,
gmO

I personally didn't take Deflect Arrows. I'm not sure it's worth it for a once/6sec ability, but I'm just really starting in EEs, only having done maybe 10-12 so far. For solo play I'd consider it, but in a group you don't get the aggro as much so it's easier to manage. I also didn't take Quicken but it probably would've prevented at least 1 death so far, though more cautious play would've also prevented it.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #278 - Jul 15th, 2014 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
For those using Shadowdancer, is Shrouding Shot bugged or is it just me? I can't get any shadow charges and I never really tried it as a melee yet. I'm still playing around with my points to find a really good fit for my playstyle, but I'd really like to get a better DC on Executioner's Shot without having to go into melee.

IP Logged

Rabbit
Korthos Resident

Loves to cuddle

Reply #279 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Rabbit wrote on Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:14pm:
With stats of 9/19/13/13/14/11 I'm leaning towards this feat leveling order:

r: PBS
m: dodge
m: precision/rapid shot
m: light path
m
m: deflect arrows
m: 10k
w: Extend
w: Quick draw
w
w
w: precise shot/quicken
m
m
m: ic: thrown
m
m
m: Grandmaster
r
r
21: IPS

For anyone following along - I screwed up and didn't realize it until I was too far along in my LR+20...

Of course with the current screw up with 10k stars not being an MA feat there's not any way to level this if you're not taking deflect arrows... I suppose you could swap in a Toughness instead? Since I am choosing to take it over toughness my 3 MA feats had to be Precision, DA, and Dodge... of course I figured that out on a LR after my LR+20  Cry

�
IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #280 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Packfan wrote on Jul 15th, 2014 at 4:52pm:
For those using Shadowdancer, is Shrouding Shot bugged or is it just me? I can't get any shadow charges and I never really tried it as a melee yet. I'm still playing around with my points to find a really good fit for my playstyle, but I'd really like to get a better DC on Executioner's Shot without having to go into melee.

Shrouding Shot charging of Shadow Charges is working. I only have one rank in it.

Just make sure you chose Shrouding "Shot" vs "Strike" and kill marked mobs within the specified time of 6/8/10 secs, depending on invested ranks.

I also discovered that a successful Executioner's Shot also gives me a Shadow Charge (just tested again, this only happens when the mob is marked by Shrouding Shot which makes sense).

At level 22 on EE, I can get 4 charges within a minute or two (depending on number of mobs) to enable Shadow Form and my extra 3% dodge with Untouchable.
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2014 at 12:59pm by ChewyOoeyGoOey »  

IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #281 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Rabbit wrote on Jul 16th, 2014 at 10:18am:
For anyone following along - I screwed up and didn't realize it until I was too far along in my LR+20...

Of course with the current screw up with 10k stars not being an MA feat there's not any way to level this if you're not taking deflect arrows... I suppose you could swap in a Toughness instead? Since I am choosing to take it over toughness my 3 MA feats had to be Precision, DA, and Dodge... of course I figured that out on a LR after my LR+20  Cry

Taking 10K Stars as a monk feat should be fixed now with today's patch.

I haven't tested it myself as I'm not at home.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #282 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
ChewyOoeyGoOey wrote on Jul 16th, 2014 at 12:10pm:
Shrouding Shot charging of Shadow Charges is working. I only have one rank in it.

Just make sure you chose Shrouding "Shot" vs "Strike" and kill marked mobs within the specified time of 6/8/10 secs, depending on invested ranks.

I also discovered that a successful Executioner's Shot also gives me a Shadow Charge.

At level 22 on EE, I can get 4 charges within a minute or two (depending on number of mobs) to enable Shadow Form and my extra 3% dodge with Untouchable.

Thanks, I'll check again. I definitely took Shot and never got a charge. I'd use it right before the enemy died to make sure it made it in time.

IP Logged

Rabbit
Korthos Resident

Loves to cuddle

Reply #283 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
ChewyOoeyGoOey wrote on Jul 16th, 2014 at 12:17pm:
Taking 10K Stars as a monk feat should be fixed now with today's patch.

I haven't tested it myself as I'm not at home.

Figures... day late and a heart short  Cheesy

Loving the build so far... happen to be maxed in shiradi right now. Will fiddle with Shadowdancer when I get the chance. What Shadowdancer layout have you guys been using?

�
IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #284 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Rabbit wrote on Jul 16th, 2014 at 5:22pm:
Figures... day late and a heart short  Cheesy

Loving the build so far... happen to be maxed in shiradi right now. Will fiddle with Shadowdancer when I get the chance. What Shadowdancer layout have you guys been using?

Sorry to hear of your lost heart. Try using Fred if you have you still have your Free Respect or can pay via Flawless Siberys Dragonshard.

As for Shadow Dancer layout, here's mine...

http://ddodestiny.info/#d/shadowdancer/s/d2,e,h2,j,l,n2,o,q,t,v,w,x,y,aa

Current twists are Whirling Wrists, Cocoon and Brace (as I work on getting more Fortification from Martial PL's.

Cheers!

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #285 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
looks good.

i like to drop a dex and get full fort bypass though.

IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #286 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 at 12:46pm:
looks good.

i like to drop a dex and get full fort bypass though.

Ah OK, will give it a try.

Btw, I ran with Poppy last night and gave him a run for his money while I was level 23!

Hah, j/k. Still, I was second in kills to him where we were the only two that didn't die though he did make the rest of us wait while he and FB went ahead in the quest that I was not too familiar with  Wink

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #287 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
ChewyOoeyGoOey wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 at 1:10pm:
Ah OK, will give it a try.

Btw, I ran with Poppy last night and gave him a run for his money while I was level 23!

Hah, j/k. Still, I was second in kills to him where we were the only two that didn't die though he did make the rest of us wait while he and FB went ahead in the quest that I was not too familiar with  Wink

Yeah poppy is a great player. he's a halfling too which makes his IPS a lot better than most peoples.

Was he running in LD? He's hard to catch when he's blitzing, though at 28 with full gear and Mortal Fear on your shuriken it can be done. I still haven't tried a blitz for blitz run with him mostly because I don't have the feats to charge it quickly and it's such a pain

IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #288 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 at 4:26pm:
Yeah poppy is a great player. he's a halfling too which makes his IPS a lot better than most peoples.

Was he running in LD? He's hard to catch when he's blitzing, though at 28 with full gear and Mortal Fear on your shuriken it can be done. I still haven't tried a blitz for blitz run with him mostly because I don't have the feats to charge it quickly and it's such a pain

Yup, he's running in LD (for now while he's capped) but he's also mentioned going back to FoTW when he ER's I guess?

I too would like to see how we stack up when I'm geared and at cap for fun though I don't think it'll happen anytime soon as I plan to do a bunch of ER's myself.

In the meantime, I enjoy running with him (and a few others) who make EE's so efficient.

IP Logged

new2014
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #289 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
quick question regarding rogue skills - do you level up disarm traps and open lock each level?

thanks!

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #290 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Search and Disable for me, with OL when I had spare points. I think I was able to max Search and Disable to 23 at 20 but OL was 2 or so points behind.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #291 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Packfan wrote on Jul 22nd, 2014 at 4:17pm:
Search and Disable for me, with OL when I had spare points. I think I was able to max Search and Disable to 23 at 20 but OL was 2 or so points behind.

This. Your dex is so high it's really hard not to get like 80 OL by end game a with a 20 Item

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #292 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
ChewyOoeyGoOey wrote on Jul 16th, 2014 at 12:10pm:
I also discovered that a successful Executioner's Shot also gives me a Shadow Charge (just tested again, this only happens when the mob is marked by Shrouding Shot which makes sense).

Does not have to be marked, Execution shot/strike "marks" the same way assasinate does IF you successfully kill with the skill, and not from the dmg from triple hit. If the target makes its saves, and then dies, you get no charge if its not previously marked.

also.. this is what i have for dex currently. where can i improve:

20 Base
7 Level Ups
4 Tome
2 NS
2 Halfling
2 EK
1 TA
2 Shiradi
2 Ship (Can now be considered in as its perm for 5 hours for my guild)
4 wind stance
4 Ek Tenser
6 Shadow Dodge
----------------
54 with no gear or feats accounted for

11 Item (Durm bracers)
4 Insightful (Eidolon Necklace)
1 Exceptional (Blood Augment)
-----------------
70 - minimal gear required, (Durm can easily be replaced with random dex 11 if it exists.. only found 10 random myself)

2 Epic Feats

72 Dex total without drinking Lasting potions

(which tells me im missing 2 somewhere, because i currently only have 10 bracer and 3 tome on Shuri and its at 72.. the above lists a 4 tome and 11 bracer, so should add up to 74.. ~shrug~)
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2014 at 9:32pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #293 - Jul 24th, 2014 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 9:10pm:
Does not have to be marked, Execution shot/strike "marks" the same way assasinate does IF you successfully kill with the skill, and not from the dmg from triple hit. If the target makes its saves, and then dies, you get no charge if its not previously marked.

also.. this is what i have for dex currently. where can i improve:

20 Base
7 Level Ups
4 Tome
2 NS
2 Halfling
2 EK
1 TA
2 Shiradi
2 Ship (Can now be considered in as its perm for 5 hours for my guild)
4 wind stance
4 Ek Tenser
6 Shadow Dodge
----------------
54 with no gear or feats accounted for

11 Item (Durm bracers)
4 Insightful (Eidolon Necklace)
1 Exceptional (Blood Augment)
-----------------
70 - minimal gear required, (Durm can easily be replaced with random dex 11 if it exists.. only found 10 random myself)

2 Epic Feats

72 Dex total without drinking Lasting potions

(which tells me im missing 2 somewhere, because i currently only have 10 bracer and 3 tome on Shuri and its at 72.. the above lists a 4 tome and 11 bracer, so should add up to 74.. ~shrug~)

Completionist?
6 Tome
Shiradi should be at least 4 Dex, 5 or 6 is better.
That's 6-8 Dex you're missing.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Re: The Meteor Shower: Updated u22 Halfling
Reply #294 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 24th, 2014 at 12:16pm:
Completionist?
6 Tome
Shiradi should be at least 4 Dex, 5 or 6 is better.
That's 6-8 Dex you're missing.

have completionist, just not sure if the 2 dex is worth the already feat starved feat slot. Ill look at it tonight and see.

5/6 tome, as said, havnt gotten lucky yet.

I cant bring myself to drop Prism t3, Nerve t3, whirling, and Tea. Which leaves giving up Whistler/Pin for 2 more dex. Is it really worth it.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #295 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Jul 25th, 2014 at 8:12pm:
have completionist, just not sure if the 2 dex is worth the already feat starved feat slot. Ill look at it tonight and see.

5/6 tome, as said, havnt gotten lucky yet.

I cant bring myself to drop Prism t3, Nerve t3, whirling, and Tea. Which leaves giving up Whistler/Pin for 2 more dex. Is it really worth it.

You are of course welcome to play at your own discretion but I would caution you to consider seriously:

-Tea is useless on a thrower except 1% of the time
-Rainbow T3 is ~3.5 Damage per Shuriken (7% of 50.5) for 2 Points. That's the same as 2 points in to a SA die. About as useful too since it's random typed damage and not always helpful.
-Double Rainbow is also pretty useless. There is no calculated value to Double Rainbow, because it's random. We can assume since it's T4 that the devs made it balanced enough that's it's a little better than Rainbow. So let just call them both an effective 8dmg/Shuriken. Don't tell me about how it makes things helpless, that's what Nerve Venom, Whistler and Pin are for. Drop it. Only stance you should have is Stay Frosty for the slow.
-Whirling is amazing, but with this build you can save a point and only take 2 Tiers of it. You won't notice with Perma Tenser and Haste.
-Now you have room for 4 or 5 dex, whatever makes you even.

Completionist is:
2 To every stat (+1 Damage, +4% more shuriken procs, +1 Reflex, +1 Fort, +1Will save, +1UMD, +2 To all Skills with the Stats and Skill Bonus). That's among the best feats in the game.

IP Logged

Rabbit
Korthos Resident

Loves to cuddle

Reply #296 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Dumb question perhaps... but does the ruby of crushing wave, if placed in a slot in my offhand weapon, proc on shuriken hits? I know there was a list somewhere of things that do proc and my memory is that Crushing Wave was one of them... can I get a witness?

�
IP Logged

Stinky_Pinky
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #297 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
^ nope

IP Logged

Rabbit
Korthos Resident