Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) So...Swashbuckler (Read 60965 times)
Oyster
Korthos Resident

I Love Oysters!

Re: So...Swashbuckler
Reply #125 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 15th, 2014 at 3:17pm:
Divine Might mostly, Primal Scream, and if 12ftr Power Surge.

Primal Scream also boosts CON for the same amount; Power Surge is unavailable for 12bard/6fi/2fvs.

Divine Might is a good chunk, that I concede, I just completely forgot about 2FVS giving access to Warpriest. My bad.

Zaphear wrote on Sep 15th, 2014 at 4:18pm:
You're delusional and/or not playing the same game as me if you can't get Str astronomically higher than Cha/Con/Dex.. without gimping yourself.

I'm only talking about Swashbuckler build, not about STR in general.
The only source of your extra STR for a Swashbuckler really is Divine Might (Tenser's, Completionist, bard song if you go 15 bard, boost both DEX and CON, and Primal Scream also boosts CON).
Let's calculate this CHA bonus (and please, correct me if I miss something):
16 Half-Orc race start
+5 tome
+15 items (11enh+1exc+3ins)
+2 guild
+1 litany
+2 yugo
+2 store potion
+4 abishai cookies
47 CHA for +19 modifier.
You get +19 insightful STR, which translates into +10dmg.

At the same time a CON-based dwarf with TYWA can get the same CON, but insight bonus is only +4 (Eidolon) instead of +19, making it only +2dmg. But he also gets +4dmg from racial enhancements (handaxes/lightpicks work nicely for swashbuckler), which are unavailable for a half-orc. So you're at -4 damage in comparison with STR-based build - but have more hitpoints.

With DEX build it's almost the same as CON, but without Primal Scream, so we lose out on 5 DEX (i.e. 3 less dmg), but DEX built Elf can get Grace and a different Twist (such as, say, Reign or Hail of Blows), which can add a good chunk of damage - it's harder to compare to -7dmg, but not "astronomically higher". And you're getting your no-fail Evasion in the process.

CHA based build is lower damage, no contest. It trades damage for CC.

DM-based STR build still wins, not only in raw numbers, but in enhancement flexibility, but not by a HUGE margin. So while technically you're correct, and you can get STR 'astronomically' higher, the damage difference is less pronounced.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #126 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Oyster wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 1:55pm:
So while technically you're correct, and you can get STR 'astronomically' higher, the damage difference is less pronounced.

You're focusing on going for a str based only horc rather than looking at a str based bard that is also benefiting from racial weapon boosts.

With the boosts to heavy armor, I've got a feeling that a str based heavy armor fighter splashed swashbuckler will fare much better than a dex based light armor swashbuckler.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #127 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 7:24pm:
eavy armor fighter splashed swashbuckler

cant be in swash stance with heavy armor

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #128 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 7:35pm:
cant be in swash stance with heavy armor

duh, dumb moment.  Eh, I'm interested toying around with the harper tree, with the obvious rogue splashes, getting int for to hit, traps, reflex, damage, and the int version of divine might it's pretty fucking tempting.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #129 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 8:52pm:
toying around with the harper tree, with the obvious rogue splashes, getting int for to hit, traps, reflex, damage, and the int version of divine might it's pretty fucking tempting.

Know the Angles is actually stacking with DM on lam right now ;p

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #130 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Has anyone tried a dwarf Swash Tank?  Seems like with some fighter you can get enough stalwart defender and con to make it useful.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #131 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 9:30pm:
Know the Angles is actually stacking with DM on lam right now ;p

Yeah i just finished fucking round with a drow int / cha build.

The games fucked.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #132 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 11:10pm:
The games fucked.

Balance pass. Nerf: 2 pally splash, and Blitz damage output. Buff: everything else evar !!!!

livefreeordie wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 10:03pm:
dwarf Swash Tank? 

Zoda's build is that

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/444545-The-dwarven-defender-parody
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2014 at 1:38am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

The Magnificent Fiery Foot
Ex Member

Reply #133 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 2:40am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 1:36am:

Oh! smells like you guys need a air freshener in here as well.... that wannabe stench seems to be lingering everywhere in the vault lately, lucky it's so easy to ignore.

Smiley

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #134 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 2:42am
Print Post  
Quote:
so easy to ignore.

before or after you read, follow and quote me?

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #135 - Oct 2nd, 2014 at 9:40am
Print Post  
One more thing that is newly broken?

Pre u23 I had a crit range of 13-20 on my short sword pdk swashbuckling bard with imp crit pierce and in Divine Crusader.
Post u23 I am getting a 15-20 crit range.

Was hitting the dummie and verified that 13,14 do not trigger a crit threat.

Edit:
Found the problem.
Once you're in a private instance you need to unequip your buckler and ss, then equip bukcler then equip ss.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2014 at 1:28pm by SayWhatAgain »  

IP Logged

SickCat
Korthos Resident

Chocolate Salty Balls

Reply #136 - Oct 8th, 2014 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
More quality coding...from Turdbin.

-Put em in your mouth and suck em.
-Early and often, wins the race...somehow.
Thelanis - Qetsil, Dorktastic, Krap, Qrap, Fysh, Skwash, Peachfuzz, Segment, Sometime, Belir, Sickcat
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #137 - Dec 17th, 2014 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
Are the sonic weapon procs affected by Maximize and Empower? (ex. Blow by Blow, Resonant Arms, Sword Dance ) Every source I read says they’re affected by spell power.

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #138 - Dec 18th, 2014 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
I haven't played since the Swashbuckler PrE came out but I remember how awesome the combination of the Epic Swashbuckler shield and Epic Timeblade/Epic Sirocco used to be in EE on my Dwarf Bard 16/Fighter 4 in ~2012.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #139 - Dec 19th, 2014 at 6:20am
Print Post  
LRed my 16 bard 2 fighter 2 rogue THF Horc into a Swashbuckler even though his CHA is gimped his damage output and utility was great and he acted as my test subject until i ETR/TRed my TWF Barbarian into a PDK Swashbuckler.

I stripped naked my Test Subject until i can make him into something usefull again and not an exact copy of a succesfull build.

I dont really want to TR him because i am already Tring a Pure Barbarian from a build i found here but i am seriously thinking making him a Horc Swashbuckler to benefit from the Racial APs for glancing blows from Bastard Swords and throw some Barbarian in the splash.

I really dont care how gimped he is going to turn out since i can always TR him when i am done with my other guy.

Any ideas on how many splashes would be somewhat optimal for this experiment?

By now all i have is that

Heavy Armor cancels Swash stance
Rage cancels precision
Cant go deep in any tree since the only way to increase my glancing blows is to go heavy on Horc Tree

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

Reply #140 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 7:45am
Print Post  
12 bard 6 fighter 2 rogue dwarf with con to dmg, i have 2.2k life and crit for 3-8k i am also able to use fascinate in endgame ee content
i go into dwarf tree, swashy, kensai and spellsinger, you can get more damage in full kensai and no spellsinger but i like to be able to cc things

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint