Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) So...Swashbuckler (Read 60964 times)
Wipe
VoD Slasher

Re: So...Swashbuckler
Reply #25 - May 24th, 2014 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Perhaps a nub question, is there a way for both Charisma to attack and damage ?
Except PDK. I can't play those monstrosities.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #26 - May 24th, 2014 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on May 24th, 2014 at 2:24pm:
Perhaps a nub question, is there a way for both Charisma to attack and damage ?
Except PDK. I can't play those monstrosities.

Sadly no.. not without PDK.. however, when i can currently attain a +128 to hit with my stars using dex.. im fairly certain that the 80+ will do just fine with Cha maxed and dex as a secondary stat. It should still be able to reach low 60s without too much issues.. its only a single 60% chance at extra star, but still more than nothing at all..

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - May 24th, 2014 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
10p_rfr wrote on May 24th, 2014 at 1:04pm:
I've already planned for rapier, it's just an idle thought that with a long sword you can get cha for both to hit and damage so could open the option of potentially useful dc's as well as melee, currently if you use the cha for damage option from swash your not gonna hit a barn door.

I dont really see where a long sword is such an improvement over a shortsword? 1d2 more damage?

One thing though is its not very clear does it completely replace STR to damage mod or does it add to it? Im guessing it completely replaces str to damage, though the wording is not specific no surprise there. Probably will do cha/dex/int to damage even when your str mod is higher.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - May 24th, 2014 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
anyway epic bejeweled letter opener, with the stuff from swash could this be useful from levels 20-23? Be funny to make one have the pieces. Have those shortswords from the cove too. have to use something till you hit 23 to use your citw rapier.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - May 24th, 2014 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
noticed they really reduced the reflex save on the tier 5 ability second skin, might have to be dex based to make that  evasion or any evasion you get from splashing worthwhile.

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #30 - May 24th, 2014 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on May 24th, 2014 at 8:28pm:
noticed they really reduced the reflex save on the tier 5 ability second skin, might have to be dex based to make that  evasion or any evasion you get from splashing worthwhile.

I respecced on Lamaland to a STR-build on a 16/2/2 and still had a 52 reflex with crap gear at level 19. I do have pally dilettante, but that's only 4 saves. I don't think getting into 70+ range with epic gear and ED stuff should be too tough.

But yes, with the bloody nerf to second skin, the least they could do is drop it to 1 AP a tier.

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - May 25th, 2014 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Vissarion wrote on May 24th, 2014 at 9:44pm:
I respecced on Lamaland to a STR-build on a 16/2/2 and still had a 52 reflex with crap gear at level 19. I do have pally dilettante, but that's only 4 saves. I don't think getting into 70+ range with epic gear and ED stuff should be too tough.

But yes, with the bloody nerf to second skin, the least they could do is drop it to 1 AP a tier.

Yes well the toon I wanted to do a build on does not have access to pally dilli nor do I have many twist slots on it. Would of been nice and maybe not too OP the way it was? *shrug* I dunno, but be pretty soloable with a 12 second instant kill with fascinate.

I too was thinking of a 16/2/2 build.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #32 - May 25th, 2014 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
It wasn't to OP at all man, I feel like they kinda blindly nerfed stuff to calm the masses and went for the low hanging fruit.

It was one of my favorite aspects (keeping in mind the bar was pretty low)

I am going drow, 16/2/2 as well. Going to be a change as all my bards were human in the past but oh well.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - May 25th, 2014 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It wasn't to OP at all man, I feel like they kinda blindly nerfed stuff to calm the masses and went for the low hanging fruit.

It was one of my favorite aspects (keeping in mind the bar was pretty low)

I am going drow, 16/2/2 as well. Going to be a change as all my bards were human in the past but oh well.

drow really *that* much better? Wanted to do a PDK life as well. I mean heal amp thats always useful right?

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #34 - May 25th, 2014 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Dude, I have enough trouble making my mind up as it is.....

But yeah PDK would give me the human stuff I am so used to and the PDK.

But the bonuses and the shuriken are tempting.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - May 25th, 2014 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Dude, I have enough trouble making my mind up as it is.....

But yeah PDK would give me the human stuff I am so used to and the PDK.

But the bonuses and the shuriken are tempting.

for melee drow or pdk, dex/cha based. something like 13 rogue 5 bard 2 fighter.

perfom skill easily 70s.
35~ at lv 28
20 item
6 greensteel item
10+ charisma mod
4 GH

Low on the HP, max dex/cha, Fit in swf line, precision, imp evasion/opportunist/rogue feats of choice, empower healing, shield mastery, Sap. Sap and Slap in the Face combine with Coup de Grace for no fail cc instakill combo.

No matter what, melee will never match kill count of IPS+Otto/Pin/Nerve Venom/Paralyze+Coup de Grace
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2014 at 10:27pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Darkchampion
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - May 27th, 2014 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Confirmed on Lammania, swashbuckler stance and defender stance cannot be activated at the same time

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - May 27th, 2014 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on May 20th, 2014 at 12:27pm:
I can confirm it does, i can also confirm halfing is a waste of time still, as its not fixed.. go drow for the free expertise.. (at least until said halfing is fixed) Drow gives the build more dps in the end. +4 dmg, + ~40% chance to toss a second without too much gear needed.. im working out the kinks currently and will post said build in Builds section when its done

What would you use for Dex to damage on the shuriken?
I cannot find anything other then monk (which you can't do) and halfling. Of course, I am lazy when it comes to looking through all the enhancements and shit.

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #38 - May 27th, 2014 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Arbitoroflife wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 8:48am:
What would you use for Dex to damage on the shuriken?
I cannot find anything other then monk (which you can't do) and halfling. Of course, I am lazy when it comes to looking through all the enhancements and shit.

Swashbuckler has an enhancement where you can get other stats as your damage stat.

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #39 - May 27th, 2014 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on May 24th, 2014 at 3:02pm:
Sadly no.. not without PDK

Too bad.
Decent (60+) Enchant would be the reason to even consider Bard.
So probably Dex as secondary for melee to leverage that Evasion. Shouldn't be too bad to hit.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 3:28am
Print Post  
Swashbuckler and 2wf is going to be very exciting. So many build options.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Swashbuckler_enhancements

Cetus mentioned on how the best swashbuckler build gives up either divine might, power surge, or evasion.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/442989-Best-build-to-use-SWF-Swashbuck...

Rapier seems like far and away the best Swashbuckler weapon. Thunderforged with overwhelming crit. and Improved crit comes out to a 15-20 x4 critical range and multiplier.

With that in mind what build do we create around the Rapier. Drow dexterity based? Is that dex score going to reach 65? That brings it close to a str based build. A possible 13 rogue/5bard/2fighter build I mentioned on another thread here.

Or a strength build giving up Evasion. Hitting 75 str if power surge and divine might are included? Flav said something like 14ftr/5brd/1fvs. Although maybe 12ftr/7bard/1fvs is better. 1 less fighter feat traded for uncanny dodge, and 3rd level bard spells.

Also, flav or someone can maybe tell Zerkul that some cleaves are granting doublestrikes on THF since U21. 

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 6:54am
Print Post  
Without monk splash is this honestly going to be competitive?  I have a hard time seeing a bard do well, but maybe that's just because they've sucked for so long.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #42 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 9:24am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 4th, 2014 at 6:54am:
Without monk splash is this honestly going to be competitive?  I have a hard time seeing a bard do well, but maybe that's just because they've sucked for so long. 

But now they will suck more less

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 4th, 2014 at 6:54am:

How good it will be, IDK yet without playing it. Im just theory crafting here. But if youre monk splashing then youre firmly out of bard and into SWF territory.

If going monk centered Kensai like Cetus. Power Surge, Divine Might, Evasion. A Thunderforged bastard sword in kensei hands, with OC+Imp crit is 16-20 x3. The build should also probably take shield mastery lines for the 13% doublestrike. Thing is I believe Swashbuckler might just be the best SWF build if the to hit/damage stat on the Dexterity based build could hit 65 sustainable. Reasoning is the doublestrike, weapon enchantment, and damage procs from swashbuckler should at least match a SWF Kensei.

Looking forward to what Cetus, Zerkul and Eth come up with

Edit: found out I CANNOT SWF while using shield, Shield Mastery line for doublestrikes and prr is out of the build. I think this puts swashbuckler over the top as the best SWF build
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2014 at 1:19pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #44 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 4th, 2014 at 1:02pm:
Edit: found out I CANNOT SWF while using shield, Shield Mastery line for doublestrikes and prr is out of the build. I think this puts swashbuckler over the top as the best SWF build

Well you clearly missed the part where druids can have natural fighting 2wf and swf all at the same time.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 4th, 2014 at 5:39pm:
Well you clearly missed the part where druids can have natural fighting 2wf and swf all at the same time.

no ;p we did those build in another thread. And wolves are just OP in this game.

going to channel my inner Fran here;

I also just found out!!  that if I swashbuckle!! and choose skirmisher! it lets me swf  with a buckler!!!

and gives me 10% dodge! allowing the swash build to be the only!!!! S&B build that can use shield mastery line, swf, and swashing!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2014 at 6:02pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #46 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
I'm liking the idea of a 7rogue/7bard/6fighter.

I've chosen handaxes since swashbuckler gives them the same crit profile as rapiers, but whenever I run in LD handaxes will end up being better.

I'll be taking tier 5 in swashbuckler, and using sap as my primary means for making mobs vulnerable to the insta kill.

I'm not totally sold on my enhancments, but they're pretty flexible,  if Swashbuckler doesn't end up allowing dex for damage I'll spend one more ap on Assasins second core.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Nice, Monk.

I had looked at handaxe, sickle, shortsword, light mace, and light pick other night. They all have the same profile 18-20 x3. Light Pick having x4, but only 1d4 base dice.

Im thinking rapier because drow racial bonus, balizarde for early levels having huge crit range that the others do not offer.  All swashbucklers are fencers.  The 3 musketeers, Jack Sparrow, Zorro. Handaxe gets headman's chop for the extra multiplier.
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2014 at 8:26pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #48 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 4th, 2014 at 8:23pm:
Im thinking rapier because drow racial bonus

I was considering Drow, because of shuriken expertise.  Still am, but given that I'll lose a feat, I'd end up dropping Weapon finesse.

That leaves my only choice as Kukri's or Daggers using 2ap in assassin unlocks dex to hit and dex to damage with them.

Either way, there's not going to be sufficient ap to spend in a racial tree to get much mileage out of drow rapier boosts.

On paper I could drop extend, but I'm fairly sure that by level 27, the dps uptime from having 1min extended / hastes will be worth more than w/e i'm losing in downgrading from handaxes or rapiers to kukris.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 4th, 2014 at 8:36pm:
On paper I could drop extend, but I'm fairly sure that by level 27, the dps uptime from having 1min extended / hastes will be worth more than w/e i'm losing in downgrading from handaxes or rapiers to kukris.

If you dont have Goatskin/Collar and displace clickies, extend becomes better.

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 4th, 2014 at 8:36pm:
I'd end up dropping Weapon finesse.

That leaves my only choice as Kukri's or Daggers using 2ap in assassin unlocks dex to hit and dex to damage with them.

Dropping weapon finesse is balls because swash tree isnt giving dex to hit. Which is all sorts of wtf.

Defender stance will not be working with swashbuckler next update. dev posted, read it somewhere on one of the 3 swf/swashbuckler threads
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2014 at 9:28pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint