Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) So...Swashbuckler (Read 61072 times)
Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: So...Swashbuckler
Reply #50 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 4th, 2014 at 9:17pm:
Defender stance will not be working with swashbuckler next update. dev posted, read it somewhere on one of the 3 swf/swashbuckler threads

Fucking sonofa !@#$!@#

*edit, my search fu must be weak, i can't find that.

*edit2* if you're referring to this that's related to disabling power attack, it's not related to the defender stances at all.
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2014 at 10:00pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 4th, 2014 at 9:51pm:
Fucking sonofa !@#$!@#

*edit, my search fu must be weak, i can't find that.

*edit2* if you're referring to this that's related to disabling power attack, it's not related to the defender stances at all.

No its swashbuckler stance will toggle off defender stance. fuk now i gotta dig through forums. brb

Sorta found it. But i was wrong. it curently on lamma turns the other off. And Steelstar said they will be looking into making it not a defensive stance at all next update. so it should be working.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/442989-Best-build-to-use-SWF-Swashbuck...

« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2014 at 10:30pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Eth confirmed swashbuckler gets dex to hit and damage. No need for Finesse feat.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/442989-Best-build-to-use-SWF-Swashbuck...

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
How much do you reckon will change before going live at this point?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
How much do you reckon will change before going live at this point?

idk, i have had like 5 build ideas that all somehow got changed on Lama from one week to next.

Hoping it stays pretty close to this. It opens a lot of diversity. Whether you want to play a Bard icon or Swashbuckle with your own flavor. They fixed the weapons to all have equal range and multipliers. Before it was raiper extended range beating everything.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #55 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Perfect, my build will now be a drow Cheesy

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #56 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
You like shuriken expertise for general purpose ranged? I know with swashbuckling it will improve crit specs but it's still junk without 10k and Ninja Master.

This is one bastardized build, but I like it.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #57 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 9:23pm:
You like shuriken expertise for general purpose ranged?

It'll be better than a bow, I guess I could stay human and pick the feat up, that way maintaining heal amp and damage boost.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #58 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
humans run like they have a hitch in their giddyup

hamp and damage boost are nice though.

Handaxe blitzer sounds so funny. I wish it could be a battleaxe though, just cuz there are some great graphics for them. what about light mace/hammer?

Or dwarf just 'cuz

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #59 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
and by the way, with the ridiculous amount of damage you have with this build, are you really ever even going to bother with the T5 insta-kill?

I doubt it

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #60 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 10:45pm:
and by the way, with the ridiculous amount of damage you have with this build, are you really ever even going to bother with the T5 insta-kill?

I doubt it

I think its worth having, not like any other tree is worth taking to tier 5.

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #61 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 1:07am
Print Post  
I keep looking over a 13 Rogue 7 Bard Dex Halfling.  Acrobat for knockdown, shadow dodge, defensive roll, haste boost, dex, and no mercy.  Tier 5 Swash.  Epic reflexes with evasion so I can get opportunist and roll.  Nothing offhand.  If adrenaline works with PSWF I might Fury.  Sap>kill one mob, adrenaline>beatdown next, repeat.

Thanks for the sap idea.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #62 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 11:06pm:
I think its worth having, not like any other tree is worth taking to tier 5.

All the other T5's in that tree are worth the points, ironically, and that's the only one that costs 1ap. Too bad, I think for a DPS build it sort of sucks. Like you're gonna be blitzing, Sap something, and then instakill that thing, and do that every 12 seconds with 10 stacks of blitz. Maybe off destiny or something, but even then I doubt it. You could use it to sneak and move through dungeons quickly tho sapping and murdering only what you have to and fascinating the rest. that would be fun.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #63 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:02am
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 1:07am:
I keep looking over a 13 Rogue 7 Bard Dex Halfling.  Acrobat for knockdown, shadow dodge, defensive roll, haste boost, dex, and no mercy.  Tier 5 Swash.  Epic reflexes with evasion so I can get opportunist and roll.  Nothing offhand.  If adrenaline works with PSWF I might Fury.  Sap>kill one mob, adrenaline>beatdown next, repeat.

Thanks for the sap idea.

Improved Roll on a good dex build is so awesome. With everything else you'll be so hard to kill.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #64 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:04am
Print Post  
nope im dumb 2 different t5s
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:14am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 1:07am:

Thanks for the sap idea.

Take Precision, drop Roll for either Improved Evasion or Slippery Mind. Mind would serve you better unless you planned on Fire on Thunder Peak. Roll is fine, but how many times are you really going to stay at or less than 20% health and in melee range of mobs? Even with Dragon Mark and Cocoon it's wiser to move and jump for position. Most of the time the miss will come from displace and dodge of mid to high 20s. Unless this works on spells that don't have saves like rays?

Take doublestrike from swashbuckler, haste boost from LD. Fury is not as good as blitzing. Fury is once every 3 seconds and lasts only 30 seconds. Essentially 15 seconds of adrenaline and full glancing blow damage. It's good for clearing a room or two. Every 5 minutes on a melee. Not as good for the non glancing Swashbuckler. Handaxe getting a boost to crit multiplier. Coupled with such a small time span for the Fury epic moment it falls behind LD totally. In quests where you cant blitz, Divine Crusader is better than Fury too. With doublestrike, healing tick, expanded critical range.

« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:23am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #66 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:15am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:07am:
Roll is fine, but how many times are you really going to stay at or less than 20% health and in melee range of mobs? Even with Dragon mark and Cocoon it's just wiser to move and jump for position.

You need to re-read description. Improved Defensive Roll. T4 Acrobat. And it's all physical damage "main damage" so arrows/spears as well that get through. But on a melee character this is PRICELESS. *Edit: on a Dex based Melee it's priceless
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:21am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #67 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:18am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:04am:
You know if you did a 15 Rogue / 5 Bard Build you could go Int and chain Assassinate/Coup for double Assassinate attempts on 12/15 Seconds cooldowns. If you keep your dex high enough, you can also run in SD for 3! Assassinate combat abilities.

I looked into it that, I couldn't find a way to reasonably maintain both dex and int, I ended up with a 12rogue/5bard/3arti, int only build and picked up SD's implosion (casting insightful strikes and picked up insightful reflexes). Took just enough dex to qualify for epic sneak attack.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #68 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:22am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:18am:
I looked into it that, I couldn't find a way to reasonably maintain both dex and int, I ended up with a 12rogue/5bard/3arti, int only build and picked up SD's implosion (casting insightful strikes and picked up insightful reflexes). Took just enough dex to qualify for epic sneak attack.

That could be quite nice but I forgot Assassinate was a T5 also.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:32am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:15am:
You need to re-read description. Improved Defensive Roll. T4 Acrobat. And it's all physical damage "main damage" so arrows/spears as well that get through. But on a melee character this is PRICELESS. *Edit: on a Dex based Melee it's priceless
Wow.

It is good at 50% health. The build will be at around 800, staying at 400 ish is perfectly feasible for a 70-80 reflex. That is really good. Arrows arent coming in if youre moving with super duper improved swashbuckler only 2 second Deflect Arrow. Jealous slow 6 second monk is jealous.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #70 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:46am
Print Post  
Hey! I just thought of something (big surprise I know, yuk yuk yuk) anyway does this mean people will finally stop bitching about monchers and start bitching about OP bards?  how funny would that be.

Smiley

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #71 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:48am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:32am:
Wow.

It is good at 50% health. The build will be at around 800, staying at 400 ish is perfectly feasible for a 70-80 reflex. That is really good. Arrows arent coming in if youre moving with super duper improved swashbuckler only 2 second Deflect Arrow. Jealous slow 6 second monk is jealous.

Yes. It's not about staying at 400 it's about not caring when you get 400 because your reflex is 80, and your PRR is 80's and your Dodge is 28, and your Displacement is 50%. You even AC as though it matters.

It's awesome.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 4:12am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:48am:
Yes. It's not about staying at 400 it's about not caring when you get 400 because your reflex is 80, and your PRR is 80's and your Dodge is 28, and your Displacement is 50%. You even AC as though it matters.

It's awesome.

Right, i meant staying at 400 is a lot different than 160 for it long enough to proc and not fail. It is really good at 50% health.

Thanks for the tips. Im thinking I want to tr into a swashbuckler asap. Let me know if you would change anything to this build. Shadar kai, 13 rogue/5 bard/2 fighter. ( I need the iconic PL dont judge me!)  +5 tomes, all level up into dex.

(36 Point)    (Level 1)      (Level 28)
Strength           12                17
Dexterity          20                35
Constitution       16                21
Intelligence       10                14
Wisdom              8                13
Charisma           10                15

Level 1 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 2 (Rogue)

Level 3 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Precision

Level 4 (Rogue)

Level 5 (Rogue)

Level 6 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) SWF

Level 7 (Rogue)

Level 8 (Rogue)

Level 9 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) ISWF

Level 10 (Rogue)
Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Defensive Roll

Level 11 (Rogue)

Level 12 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons

Level 13 (Rogue)
Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Improved Evasion

Level 14 (Bard)

Level 15 (Bard)
Feat: (Selected) Shield Mastery

Level 16 (Bard)

Level 17 (Bard)

Level 18 (Bard)
Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell

Level 19 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Shield Mastery

Level 20 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) GSWF

Level 21 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic Toughness

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Finesse

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting

Level 27 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Improved Sneak Attack

Level 28 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: PSWF

« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2014 at 8:02pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 4:45am
Print Post  
Eth ee break ice. swashbuckler 12 bard 6 fighter 2 rogue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=028hCEzYbwo

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #74 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
swashbuckler is looking awesome.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint