Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Otto boxes are back (Read 17562 times)
Steiner
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Otto boxes are back
May 22nd, 2014 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Up to 1st June.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Re: Otto boxes are back
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2014 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Dupe them!

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2014 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
I still have some...

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

TinyTim
Korthos Resident

I need an avatar.

Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2014 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on May 22nd, 2014 at 4:15pm:
I still have some...

I got a Bigbys, but yeah, they suck.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2014 at 6:06am
Print Post  
Sounds like an excellent opportunity for Turbine to track dupers.  They flag every one they sell this time and note which players suddenly start levelling multiple times quickly.  Clever, but not without drawbacks.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2014 at 9:02am
Print Post  
raybob wrote on May 23rd, 2014 at 6:06am:
Sounds like an excellent opportunity for Turbine to ban people who spend money on the game, while doing nothing to people who dupe and don't spend money in the game.

your logic is flawed

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2014 at 10:39am
Print Post  
And some are going to trade or gift some boxes when they finished duping them. Turbine at least said they would be able to track that for flagged accounts, so they could get some other dupers too.

Lately there were many threads about players who got banned, so it seems Turbine increased the efforts to get cheaters/exploiters.

And whoever dupes ottos boxes is not going to spend much money/time in the future for ddo anyways. I mean... why do you want to play ddo if you already duped your completionist toons, only for having fun playing? If you would only play for having fun you wouldn't need to dupe ottos boxes. ^^
So handing out a perm ban would be best to do with these players, especially to show that the risk to get banned is increasing and even spending money doesn't protect you.

IP Logged

Donny-Brasco
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #7 - May 23rd, 2014 at 10:42am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on May 23rd, 2014 at 9:02am:
your logic is flawed

Which is why it probably makes perfect sense.

"I hate you all" -guild leader's favorite saying I think.. yep, we're doing it right.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #8 - May 23rd, 2014 at 10:54am
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on May 23rd, 2014 at 10:39am:
And some are going to trade or gift some boxes when they finished duping them. Turbine at least said they would be able to track that for flagged accounts, so they could get some other dupers too.

Lately there were many threads about players who got banned, so it seems Turbine increased the efforts to get cheaters/exploiters.

And whoever dupes ottos boxes is not going to spend much money/time in the future for ddo anyways. I mean... why do you want to play ddo if you already duped your completionist toons, only for having fun playing? If you would only play for having fun you wouldn't need to dupe ottos boxes. ^^
So handing out a perm ban would be best to do with these players, especially to show that the risk to get banned is increasing and even spending money doesn't protect you.

Nobody needs to dupe an Otto's Box, lol. Personally, I've duped hundreds back in the day and I have them all stored in a safe dummy account. I'm still a hardcore gamer and do the new raids in a daily basis, even when I made thousands of the ingredients that drop there on day 1. My point is: people who really like the game will still play it even if they exploited the fuck out of everything.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #9 - May 23rd, 2014 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on May 23rd, 2014 at 10:54am:
Nobody needs to dupe an Otto's Box, lol. Personally, I've duped hundreds back in the day and I have them all stored in a safe dummy account. I'm still a hardcore gamer and do the new raids in a daily basis, even when I made thousands of the ingredients that drop there on day 1. My point is: people who really like the game will still play it even if they exploited the fuck out of everything.

I like this logic.
He deserves some pizza.

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

BAMBIBEER
Dragon Raider

Stink puss

Reply #10 - May 23rd, 2014 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
The best part is watching sharks play in the kidddie spam pool . Let There be eblood .
Cheesy

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #11 - May 23rd, 2014 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on May 23rd, 2014 at 10:39am:

Yeah right. My impression is that only a token few got got.

IP Logged

Perpetual_Noob
Korthos Resident

Too much noise, not enough
violence!

Reply #12 - May 24th, 2014 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Meli wrote on May 23rd, 2014 at 11:36pm:
Yeah right. My impression is that only a token few got got.

I wonder if they have some internal metric such as "Duper who spends X or less = ban, Duper who spends Y or more = amnesty." Punish those who spend once and dupe to spend no more, keep the dupers who still feed us money... I would Cheesy

I'm right, you're wrong. 'Nuff said.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 24th, 2014 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on May 23rd, 2014 at 10:57am:
I like this logic.
He deserves some pizza.

And then, there are the fucktards that dupe stuff, but are to lazy to craft and to maximize slots, like me (only half joking).

Duping stones was never interesting for me. I am not really interested in multi TR and so on, not funny.

One of the exploits I liked most was the charoned items. It was fucking hilarious to run with your 3 lvl toon with a bazillion hitpoints and AC.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - May 24th, 2014 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Perpetual_Noob wrote on May 24th, 2014 at 2:17pm:
I wonder if they have some internal metric such as "Duper who spends X or less = ban, Duper who spends Y or more = amnesty." Punish those who spend once and dupe to spend no more, keep the dupers who still feed us money... I would Cheesy

Sounds fair, I agree.  However, it's as meli said.  They only got a token few dupers from what I gather, mostly people who are too public or people who piss someone off and get reported.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #15 - May 24th, 2014 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on May 24th, 2014 at 5:00pm:
Sounds fair, I agree.  However, it's as meli said.  They only got a token few dupers from what I gather, mostly people who are too public or people who piss someone off and get reported. 

From what I have been PMed it's not even all those who got reported. So I have no idea on what grounds some get bans and others don't. You talk to some and it's like "not my job". So I really don't know.

Meanwhile I regularly get someone telling me how they feel that the amount of exploiting in the game has diminished the value in their own achievements, and therefore their value of the game overall. ie The lack of fairness has hurt them. I don't think like that because my sense of achievement in play seems to come from other things and is more internal, but listening to others it is a real thing for them - it's the same way in a more simple say board game where the achievements are to beat your fellow players. Now at with a boardgame fairness is moderated by the players themselves who will detect cheating and the understanding is given that to play no one will cheat. But here we are relying on an external body to organise for no cheating. And it's like that trust in that external body to do this has been violated: both in not doing what it was understood that they would do (organise play so that there would be no cheating) and in creating fairness (by removing from play those who are cheating and doing something to reinstate fairness). So there are those for whom their playing time, this time that they have invested in this game, has been tainted and de-valued. They think, why should I waste any more time here? And just don't log in.

I must say looking at the achivements threads of those who I know definitely don't exploit I am just amazed by those people. Their achivements to me are just so much more (to me anyway). And no I'm not going to say who they are because that would mean that I would be saying something about the others.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #16 - May 24th, 2014 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
raybob wrote on May 23rd, 2014 at 6:06am:
Sounds like an excellent opportunity for Turbine to track dupers.  They flag every one they sell this time and note which players suddenly start levelling multiple times quickly.  Clever, but not without drawbacks.

1 flaw in this.
It is turbine. Cheesy

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #17 - May 24th, 2014 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2014 at 6:33pm by »  

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #18 - May 24th, 2014 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
As mentioned it was in a PM to me and not on the PC.  The only threads I've seen about people getting banned are here and I know of people in game.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #19 - May 24th, 2014 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
The external body I referred to above was I thought obviously Turbine itself in reference to the game that they administer.

I didn't bring the PC up and I don't think it's relevant here. Your focus is your own.

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #20 - May 24th, 2014 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2014 at 6:34pm by »  

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #21 - May 24th, 2014 at 7:59pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - May 24th, 2014 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Both Durk & Meli are on the PC iirc.

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #23 - May 24th, 2014 at 8:16pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #24 - May 24th, 2014 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Right, that is not a PM, and clearly it refers to talking with someone who could have done something, but chose not too.   

So, I guess you were being more honest about this stuff then Durk was. Really sounds like he was just toeing a company line. Thanks for being straight with us Meli would be hard to swallow the notion that, that stuff wasn't talked about extensively.

I "talked"  in PM and in IRC about this.  Neither of which have anything to do with the PC.

For the billionth time I will remind you that I'm representative of and not for.

Seriously you guys are the ones that give the PC a lot more credit for things that it doesn't do while in the same breath bitching about how useless it is.

Actual banning I know of only from here and from chatting in my immediate circle in game. Staff are very professional in my experience and won't enter into discussion any more than they have in the public forums.

I admit the injustice of what I see gets to me at times. And it is painful to hear people again and again who have been hurt by the latest massive round of exploits. To them it is as if things they have spent time,  talent and thought in building have be spat on -  by players who don't play fair,  and by proxy the authority that originates this.

But hey its a game.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint