Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Repeater - TR'ing (Read 4800 times)
zoxo
Korthos Resident

I Love Tacos

Repeater - TR'ing
Jun 26th, 2014 at 5:27am
Print Post  
Would it be possible or just completely fucking retarded to try to build a "repeater build" with all of my TR lives.

I absolutely adore using a repeater. It's the only Green Steel I own and I'd really like to take advantage of it in my future lives if at all possible.

Is this something feasibly and if so how would I intelligently go about it? I profess I'm not the best at building characters. My current life is Pure Rogue (13) Mechanic Repeater build.

I have Artificer and Fighter past lives so far. I apologize ahead of time if this is a dumb request, but hell ya never know perhaps someones done it before and has some input as to how it can happen.

If all classes can't accomplish this without being universally gimped into oblivion which classes COULD be really productive in a repeater build? I heard Wizard makes sense? Maybe even bard?
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2014 at 5:27am by zoxo »  

IP Logged

zoxo
Korthos Resident

I Love Tacos

Re: Repeater - TR'ing
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 5:30am
Print Post  
Oh and if it matters the green steel is just a x3 positive heavy repeater. I'm saving up to try and make a 2nd green steel item now. If anyone on Ghallanda is selling any for a reasonable price hit me up myself and 2 buddies are all looking to buy some to make concordenant opposition goggles and they are trying to make their first green steel weapons. Thx

I was thinking Vacuum Repeater to try to make some $ on the auction house with the gems they create? It's that or a MIN II any advice?
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2014 at 5:30am by zoxo »  

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 5:48am
Print Post  
Two of my guildies made it to completionist by using repeater builds.

Concerning the rest of your posts, you're a fucking retard so GFY and DIAF.

IP Logged

zoxo
Korthos Resident

I Love Tacos

Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 5:54am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 5:48am:
Two of my guildies made it to completionist by using repeater builds.

Concerning the rest of your posts, you're a fucking retard so GFY and DIAF.

So it is possible, and yes, I can't quite reach, when I die I will opt for fire per your request.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 6:35am
Print Post  
I did several repeteater lifes in my tr career.
They are actually really fun and universal builds.
Template you want is 6 artie 6 rogue 8 plife.
When you do a class for plife with better bab progression you can pick imp precise at 15, usually its at 18.
Craft yoursefl a rad2 and a pos2 repeteater and use for example frozen tunic.
Overall you can do it with human or halfling.
Human for mark to get ddor or halfling for healing marks.
Why not wf is quite simple, repeteater and a lv 4 frozen tunic is more the enough to be able to solo anything and the fact that you can use cure wands/heal scrolls early makes up for selfsufficiency.
Issue comes only when you meet caster lifes, generally its faster to play a pure caster if you know how to properly play em.

What is good about repeteater plifes gathering build is that you dont need to bother with gear, can recycle the same gear over and over again.
What is bad is, you do the same build with little to close to none difference so it can become rather boring.
Basically for split you get int thingies from mechanic, pick up insightful reflex and go full int based with enough dex for precise shots.

IP Logged

zoxo
Korthos Resident

I Love Tacos

Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 6:44am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 6:35am:
I did several repeteater lifes in my tr career.
They are actually really fun and universal builds.
Template you want is 6 artie 6 rogue 8 plife.
When you do a class for plife with better bab progression you can pick imp precise at 15, usually its at 18.
Craft yoursefl a rad2 and a pos2 repeteater and use for example frozen tunic.
Overall you can do it with human or halfling.
Human for mark to get ddor or halfling for healing marks.
Why not wf is quite simple, repeteater and a lv 4 frozen tunic is more the enough to be able to solo anything and the fact that you can use cure wands/heal scrolls early makes up for selfsufficiency.
Issue comes only when you meet caster lifes, generally its faster to play a pure caster if you know how to properly play em.

What is good about repeteater plifes gathering build is that you dont need to bother with gear, can recycle the same gear over and over again.
What is bad is, you do the same build with little to close to none difference so it can become rather boring.
Basically for split you get int thingies from mechanic, pick up insightful reflex and go full int based with enough dex for precise shots.

Awesome! Ok, so RADII is my next greensteel. What is the smartest level progression for Arti/Rogue if I may ask?

As far as the boring part goes, you arn't wrong. I was actually just skyping with my static buddies and they suggested I do my sorc/bard and divines legit so I'm going to probably go that route. Cleric was my main for ages and I absolutely ADORE healing, and as I understand it heal botting isn't really a thing anymore so I'll definitely enjoy also being able to contribute more from a dmg/kill standpoint.

Wizard seems like something that would work well with repeater since INT base anyway for Arti and Rogue levels as you said.

What I'm probably going to do is throw together my next 2 lives and toss them up here for you guys to shred through. I need to spend at least a couple weeks farming green steel mats in Devil Assault (since no shrouds on Ghallanda for some reason) then I should be able to craft the other repeater before I TR.

Or should I wait on Repeater and build a GS armor item? I was thinking of making a Conc Op goggles piece. My friends are getting close to making a weapon for them (they don't have one yet) so either way I'm gonna be farming, but is having a Rad II Repeater to go w/ my x3 POS better than getting concop you think?

Thanks so much for the awesome input! Appreciate it!
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2014 at 6:46am by zoxo »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 8:08am
Print Post  
zoxo wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 6:44am:
Wizard seems like something that would work well with repeater since INT base anyway for Arti and Rogue levels as you said.

I can understand doing melee classes as a repeater since repeaters are fun for you, but surely you're not serious about gimping a wizard life by making it a repeater build?

As for a leveling order, you get int for damage at rogue 6 via enhancements.

arti gets :
runearms at level 2
int to hit or elemental weapons as spells at level 3 (second slot at level 4)
a bonus feat at 4

6arti isn't as important now as it used to be when endless fusilade required 6levels.  going from 4-6 arti now just nets:
some sp, +1 enhancment ,+5prr, -10% asf, a level 3 spell slot & t5 enhancments (which you probably won't take.)

Useful, but maybe not as useful as taking more levels as your pastlife class, or looking at

Imo your leveling order is probably best served as 1rogue>4arti>5rogue>pastlife with an extra rogue level thrown in somewhere to help keep your skills topped up.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

zoxo
Korthos Resident

I Love Tacos

Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 8:08am:
I can understand doing melee classes as a repeater since repeaters are fun for you, but surely you're not serious about gimping a wizard life by making it a repeater build?

As for a leveling order, you get int for damage at rogue 6 via enhancements.

arti gets :
runearms at level 2
int to hit or elemental weapons as spells at level 3 (second slot at level 4)
a bonus feat at 4

6arti isn't as important now as it used to be when endless fusilade required 6levels.  going from 4-6 arti now just nets:
some sp, +1 enhancment ,+5prr, -10% asf, a level 3 spell slot & t5 enhancments (which you probably won't take.)

Useful, but maybe not as useful as taking more levels as your pastlife class, or looking at

Imo your leveling order is probably best served as 1rogue>4arti>5rogue>pastlife with an extra rogue level thrown in somewhere to help keep your skills topped up.

I've truthfully never played an caster in DDO yet aside from Cleric. I just figured since they are INT based and I can easily Int > Dmg w/ Rogue/Arti it made since that it wouldn't gimp myself very much being a wizard. I could be a utility with my wizard lives, but no illusions of doing any real spell damage or DC stuff.

I take it that was a really bad idea though Cheesy

In your opinion which lives would this template be viable for?

I have artificer and Fighter done already, and I'm currently in a rogue life with a pure 13 rogue though I'm thinking of taking x2 fighter, x4 arti for my last lives for fusilage and a couple extra feats, seems like more than 13 rogue lives doesn't really net me much, and accessing battle engineer seems very much worth.

At any rate, which lives are viable to go this route to take advantage of my greensteel and which I just need to suck it up, and forgo my sexy green steel repeater for.

Also thanks for the constructive feedback, I'm VERY much still learning, I've probably played for a year total and I have no illusions that I'm a complete noob at the game. So thanks.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #8 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 8:57am
Print Post  
I've actually considered TR'n my Monkcher build back to a repeater build again. I've got the LIT II but still need the RAD II to make it happen. I should do your template Lelouch and finally make Stein a completionist.

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

zoxo
Korthos Resident

I Love Tacos

Reply #9 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 8:57am:
I've actually considered TR'n my Monkcher build back to a repeater build again. I've got the LIT II but still need the RAD II to make it happen. I should do your template Lelouch and finally make Stein a completionist.

Out of curiosity why RADII if I have a x3 Pos repeater? seems like there is crossover.  I'm probably just missing something.

I find myself having issues making $ so I was originally thinking Vacuume but in hindsight seems like a bad idea. I toyed with Oozepuppet, but that seems just like more of a fun thing , but not practical.

Then there is MINII for DR stuff.

Where does RAD II play in the mix of all that? I'm also going to really try to get  the Blunt Ammunition Silver Slinger this life for undead post 15 it looks really cool, I got a doublecross on my cleric a couple days ago too which seems fun.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #10 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 11:28am
Print Post  
zoxo wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 9:19am:
Out of curiosity why RADII if I have a x3 Pos repeater? seems like there is crossover.  I'm probably just missing something.

I find myself having issues making $ so I was originally thinking Vacuume but in hindsight seems like a bad idea. I toyed with Oozepuppet, but that seems just like more of a fun thing , but not practical.

Then there is MINII for DR stuff.

Where does RAD II play in the mix of all that? I'm also going to really try to get  the Blunt Ammunition Silver Slinger this life for undead post 15 it looks really cool, I got a doublecross on my cleric a couple days ago too which seems fun.

Ideally all 3, but crafting them is a pain. I'd rather RAD II for the blindness = guaranteed sneak dmg, POS for undead and LIT for bosses

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

zoxo
Korthos Resident

I Love Tacos

Reply #11 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 11:28am:
Ideally all 3, but crafting them is a pain. I'd rather RAD II for the blindness = guaranteed sneak dmg, POS for undead and LIT for bosses

Ahhhhhh there it is... Blindness = Sneak Attacks. Got it. Smiley

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

LUDICROUS SPEED GO!!!!!!!

Reply #12 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Take the arty lvls first so you can get the turret asap.  (since its oober at low lvls) then take your 6 rogue lvls to get you intel to damage with crossbows Smiley

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #13 - Jul 3rd, 2014 at 4:37am
Print Post  
Probably go rogue 1, 6 arty,  rogue  5, plife 8. That way you front load all the goodies.. If you play it like s zerging lunstic you'll be lvl 7 in an evening anyway Smiley

IP Logged

zoxo
Korthos Resident

I Love Tacos

Reply #14 - Jul 3rd, 2014 at 6:33am
Print Post  
Ugg the Unwise wrote on Jul 3rd, 2014 at 4:37am:
Probably go rogue 1, 6 arty,  rogue  5, plife 8. That way you front load all the goodies.. If you play it like s zerging lunstic you'll be lvl 7 in an evening anyway Smiley

Heh, this sounds pretty much like what I was gonna try.

My issue right now is... what lives to do it for and which ones to avoid trying cause theres NO way it's going to work lol

I've already done Fighter (repeater) Arti (Repeater) and I'm 15/20 of my Rogue repeater life...

Bard sounds like something that should work pretty good, what else though?

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #15 - Jul 3rd, 2014 at 7:37am
Print Post  
zoxo wrote on Jul 3rd, 2014 at 6:33am:
Heh, this sounds pretty much like what I was gonna try.

My issue right now is... what lives to do it for and which ones to avoid trying cause theres NO way it's going to work lol

I've already done Fighter (repeater) Arti (Repeater) and I'm 15/20 of my Rogue repeater life...

Bard sounds like something that should work pretty good, what else though?

6 6 artie rogue setup is really handy since it really works with any build for any life.
But obviously when you do strong heroic lifes /sorc, wizzy, fsoul etc/ it would be prefered to do those as pures or some kind evasion/saves mix aka wizzy rogue sorc monk/palie etc.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint