Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Looking for a Druid Shadar-Kai build (Read 11712 times)
Distributed
Abbot Raider

Looking for a Druid Shadar-Kai build
Aug 5th, 2014 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
For whatever reason I feel like playing Druid again.

Basically been running a Favored Soul Blade Barrier shitter for the last 9 iconic lives and it's getting boring.

Mentionned Shardar-Kai so that means rogue levels because I won't LR out of them.

Anything that would be decent with shit gear (basically gearing myself with cheap AH stuff). I'm really behind the curve on character building.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2014 at 6:23pm by Distributed »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: Looking for a Druid Shadar-Kai build
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2014 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
for chaining pastlives?  do you prefer:
- Slightly defensive S&B double strike build
- full retard offense swf / 2wf, no defense?
- something with monk levels for earth stance and 2wf?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2014 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Nah, not much chaining, just trying to have a bit more fun after all those FVS lives, it's my last iconic so there won't be other ones.

Well, there will be epics, but I'll think about that later. I haven't been playing a whole lot so this one might actually last more than a week. Build would be likely to change anyway without the forced rogue level, as I am likely to go human after iconics.

As for the build focus, I tend to just plow through EH whenever I'm soloing. It would be nice if it could be worth something in EEs though as that's what we tend to run in guild groups on the weekends. FVS definitely had trouble there with sub-par DCs due to average gear and it really sucked to feel almost useless.

I wouldn't be opposed to a caster build either, if those are actually viable and kill fast enough. Have no idea if they can manage that since I haven't played one since new enhancements and most caster builds I see are just CCing.

And thanks Mo.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Aug 5th, 2014 at 8:24pm:
worth something in EEs

Do the broken swf+2wf druid build. Easiest to gear since nothing about it is WAI.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2014 at 2:58am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #4 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Aug 5th, 2014 at 7:02pm:
- full retard offense swf ?

This one pls.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #5 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Well to be honest I haven't paid attention to much of the latest changes in the game and how they reflect on builds.

Can't say I have even looked that much at the build section at all either so, what exactly does that full retard thing imply?

Like, what core requirements as far as classes and enhancements? Or whatever else.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Lelo, Munk, I, and some others posted few builds on it here http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1404996614/0#0

The best dps build would be something that Munk suggested with 9 drd 9 ftr 2 rng or 10 drd 6 ftr 4 rng(maybe?). You give up Evasion, but you get oc line, Gswf, G2wf, shield mastery line, huge hp pool, hgih prr.

I went with 9rng 9 drd 2 ftr for ranger pl and evasion. Build posted there. Have guildie who went 15 drd 3rgr 2 mnk. the benefit of heal spell. also posted there. all of these have nat fighting feats as well.

Lelo started the thread posting his 8 drd 6 mnk 6 rgr for stances, shadow fade, prr, evasion. But gives up nat fighting.

In your situation probably 9 drd 6 ranger 5 rogue
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2014 at 3:34pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #7 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
If you think you'll spend alot of time in EE's, I'd go with this build, lots of double strike, good prr, will shrug off damage in EH, will take least damage in EE.

1 rogue:
  • power attack

2-10 druid:
  • 3  cleave, 6 great cleave, 9 completionist

11: rogue
12-17 fighter :
  • 12 nat fighting & improved crit, 13 shield mastery, 15, nat fighting & i. shield mastery, 17, dodge

18-19 druid:
  • 18 Dodge

20: rogue
21: Overwhelming crit
24: Empower heal
27: Blinding speed

for what it's worth, given your stuck with rogue levels I like this split the most. No human bonus feats, and the inability to pair your animal form with 2 classes that have bonus makes it impossible to squeeze in swf/twf/natural fighting.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2014 at 8:16pm by Munkenmo »  

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #8 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
EH high offense, no defense:

1 rogue
  • Natural fighting

2-10 Druid
  • 3 power attack, 6 cleave, 9 great cleave

11-16 : ranger
  • 12 Icrit, 15 Iswf

17-20 Rogue
  • 18 Gswf

21 Gtwf
24 Ocrit
27 Blinding speed

No room for natural fighting feats, empower heal or completionist, none of that will matter on EH.
Still have 9 druid levels because 6th getting the third core abilities from rogue 6 is not as useful imo as druids 5th level spells (death ward, cure crit)
I considered squeezing in natural fighting, by giving up powerattack, cleaves & OC. It's a poor trade I'd rather have cleaves I assume you do to.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #9 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Somewhere in between:

1 rogue
  • power attack

2 monk
  • Twf

3-10 druid
  • 3 Cleave, 6 completionist or empower heal, 9 great cleave

11-15 monk
  • 12 Icrit, 15 itwf & dodge

16 Druid
17-20 Rogue
  • 18 Master of Forms

21 Gtwf
24 Overwhelming
27 Blinding Speed

This is the build that suffers the worst for the rogue level, you can't use your monk bonus feats at level 1, and any feat you are able to take would have been a monk bonus feat.

It's effectively just a 2wf wolf in earth stance, it'll be less defensive than build 1, and do less dps than build 2, but defensively lies in between.

Personally I prefer build 1 or build 2, but quick recall, stunning fist & shadowfade make for a handy build, will still be a bit squishy in EE, but much less so than build 2.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2014 at 8:50pm by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #10 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
I can't help but feel that a bard/rogue/fighter is also a viable candidate for this life.

IP Logged

itsmineisawitfirst
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 7th, 2014 at 3:13am
Print Post  
I'm running a very similar build to the "high offense, no defense" at the moment and I don't know whether swf is not working properly in wolf form, but dps wise it doesn't feel any better than a 9/9/2 fighter/monk pastlifenmo build. *shrugs*

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #12 - Aug 7th, 2014 at 4:17am
Print Post  
I wouldn't do it without 2 ranger levels.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #13 - Aug 7th, 2014 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Aug 6th, 2014 at 8:52pm:
I can't help but feel that a bard/rogue/fighter is also a viable candidate for this life.

Well I did do that bard build last life.

Sadly, realized I don't even have Druid purchased when I tried to do some test iconics for the enhancements...

I'm keeping all those ideas in mind though because I definitely want to get another druid life eventually. Will just have to get some points first.

Thanks everyone.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Aug 7th, 2014 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
itsmineisawitfirst wrote on Aug 7th, 2014 at 3:13am:
I'm running a very similar build to the "high offense, no defense" at the moment and I don't know whether swf is not working properly in wolf form, but dps wise it doesn't feel any better than a 9/9/2 fighter/monk pastlifenmo build. *shrugs*

it is granting 30% attack speeds. can be verified on character sheet. Keep in mind you still have to have one handed weapon and empty or orb off hand. it is not giving the 200% to damage mod.

IP Logged

itsmineisawitfirst
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Aug 7th, 2014 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
I realised the difference was that I was spamming haste boost all the time anyway (on the other build).

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Aug 7th, 2014 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
itsmineisawitfirst wrote on Aug 7th, 2014 at 3:56pm:
I realised the difference was that I was spamming haste boost all the time anyway (on the other build).

Heh, i did the same forgot to pick it up from fighter/LD tree and thought i wasnt getting 75%.

IP Logged

Demonedge
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Aug 8th, 2014 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Aug 6th, 2014 at 8:52pm:

Would you mind going into more detail about the build you're talking about?

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #18 - Aug 8th, 2014 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Munk claims to not play anymore...

Besides, have you ever heard of a bard-monk multiclass build?

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Aug 8th, 2014 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Demonedge wrote on Aug 8th, 2014 at 1:48pm:
Would you mind going into more detail about the build you're talking about?

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1400533305

IP Logged

Demonedge
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Aug 8th, 2014 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 8th, 2014 at 2:07pm:

You lnked to a three month old thread, could you be more specific did you mean the 13rog/5bard/2ftr?
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2014 at 2:23pm by Demonedge »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #21 - Aug 8th, 2014 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Aug 8th, 2014 at 1:52pm:
Munk claims to not play anymore...

You need to get a new tune.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #22 - Aug 8th, 2014 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Aug 8th, 2014 at 4:42pm:
You need to get a new tune.

You have to 'fess up and just say that you still play.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #23 - Aug 8th, 2014 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Aug 8th, 2014 at 6:00pm:
You have to 'fess up and just say that you still play.

Haven't logged into live since feb.  Spent 2mins on Lammania during the first round of SWF.

Both are uninstalled now, and I doubt I'll ever go back.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Aug 8th, 2014 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Demonedge wrote on Aug 8th, 2014 at 2:21pm:
You lnked to a three month old thread, could you be more specific did you mean the 13rog/5bard/2ftr?

Sorry should have been more clear. There is monk's build in there as well. 7/7/6.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint