Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Jaeger Bomb (Read 7360 times)
Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Jaeger Bomb
Aug 13th, 2014 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Jaeger Bomb.  A low cost alternative to serious gear grinding Displacement clickies.

I have been watching Youtube videos of players soloing Epic Elite end game quests.  I see the amount of gear and resources that it takes to survive, mainly Displacement clickies.  As I have 5-6 main toons I am unable and unwilling to invest this much time/grind into any one build/toon.  Here is the build that I am going to use for my next TR on one of my toons.

My inspiration came from this build. 
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/434122-Jaeger-build-12-6-2?highlight=j...

Centered Kensi-Jaeger
Fighter12, Wizard6, Monk2
Two Weapon Fighting with Khopesh/ Bastard Swords.  You can swap in 2HF if you want.  This would allow less investment in Dex.

Why 12 Fighter instead of 12 monk?
Gains- Power Surge, Haste Boost, Keen Edge, +3 Tactics, More weapon flexibility (I have a set of MinII Khopesh for heroic levels and 2x Nightmare Bastard swords for epic levels) Just do it Fred.
Lost- Abundant Step, Improved Evasion, Fast Movement, Philosophy, Shadow Veil,

Why Wizard 6?
This is the core of the “poor man’s” theory.  Wizard 6 gives you
Displacement SLA from Archmage Enhancement Illusion School for 6 Spell Points and with Extend lasts 72 seconds.
Blur SLA from AM Illusion School.
Wand and Scroll mastery 3 gives 75% bonus to Heal and Repair scrolls.
Haste and Rage

Why Monk 2 vs. Rogue vs. keeping Paladin
Monk stances, in addition to Evasion, are better than the Paladin Bonus to saves and Divine Might.  Both will work though.

Monk is better than Rogue for the same reasons.  Rogue would give you trap skills.  Does nothing to help with EE survivability. 

Race-
I will be going with Bladeforged with a LR+1 to get rid of the Paladin level.  I just happen to have the LR otherwise this is a big investment.
Other race options are okay but BF is king right now.  Halfling with Dragon mark healing, Human with UMD, even old school Warforged if you do not own BF.

Starting Ability Stats
Str-16
Dex- 13
Con-14
Int-11
Wis- 12
Cha-14

Tomes
+4 Strength at a minimum for Over Whelming Critical until the changes to OC. 
+4 Dex to reach 17 and GTWF
The rest can be as you have them.  13 INT required to cast level 3 spells, etc.

Skills-Max out CONC, UMD and Repair.  Dump 10 into Jump, 1 into Tumble and the rest as you see fit.

Standard feats + Fighter Feats = 7 standard feats, Fighter feats at level 1,2,4,6,8,10,12
2WF
I2WF
G2WF
Power Attack
Cleave
Great Cleave
Stunning Blow
WF:Slash
WS:Slashing
Exotic weapon
IC:Slashing
Adept of Forms
Master of Forms
Grand Master of Forms

Monk feats bonus feats = 2
Dodge
Mobility (deflect arrows if this floats your boat)

Wizard Meta Magic feats = 2
Quicken
Extend

Enhancements
Full Kensi tree for khopesh/Bastard Swords
AM SLA Blur, Displace
Wand and Scroll Mastery 3
EK Eldritch Strike (Cleave style attack with +1W and +1 to double strike)
EK Spell Sword 2d4 elemental damage
EK toughness 3 +15 hp
EK SLA Improved Mage Armor +10% to AC
EK SLA Improved Shield +10 PRR
PM Deathless Vigor +30 hp
Ninja Spy Acrobatic +3 Dodge
Ninja Spy Elemental Strike Fist of Iron
Shintao Deft Strikes +10% off hand attacks

Spells
Level 1
Magic Missile (situational only for pulling mobs)
Jump
Night Shield
Grease Wink

Level 2
Gust of Wind (blows away disco balls, WOF and all Clouds)
Repair Moderate
Fog Cloud (20% concealment)
Touch of Idiocy (target takes 1d6 points of Cha, Intel and Wis dmg no save)

Level 3
Rage
Haste
Repair Serious/Fire ball (burns Web)/ Magic Circle Against Evil
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2014 at 10:46am by Red Sox H8 Yankees »  

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: Jaeger Bomb
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
After re-reading this I realized that I can go Wizard 5/Monk 3.  This will still give me Rage and Haste with Displacement as a SLA from Archmage.  I will also be getting to choose a Monk Philosophy.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 4:47pm:
Displacement as a SLA from Archmage.

You will need 6 levels of Wizard to unlock Archmage core 3 for Displace SLA. Or go 5 Wizard taking Displace and Haste as your two level three spells along with extended meta.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #3 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
6th wiz increases the elemental damage from EK from 1d6 to 2d4.

The powerful part about monk 3 isn't really the philosophy, it'll be getting 5% movement spee. (shintao core 2 is good for fleshy varients also)

As a bladeforged I'd probably stick with wiz primarily for the 12 extra seconds of displacement.  As a fleshy I'd go monk for the healing amp.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #4 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Some good ideas there, cheers. I was thinking about coming back for a bit when the winter sets in. Was mulling over a 11Rgr/5Wiz/4Mnk Bladeforged for fun but this might be better.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Thank you for the good advice.  I will stick with Wiz 6.  I must get every second of Displacement.  I was hoping to squeeze in Philosophy to get Aligned of the Heavens and Grasp of the earth dragon finishers.  Just have to do without.

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Oh this is neat!  I will tr into a halfling version, not a big bot player.

Thanks for posting!

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #7 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 3:46am
Print Post  
i love that /5 Wiz is a thing now Smiley

It's good for so many builds. Especially if you can't be bothered to grind clickies.

IP Logged

onions
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Consider some variation with Elf race. Racial Displacement SLA when using a Dragonmark is useful, too and allows a different class setup.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Quote:
Oh this is neat!  I will tr into a halfling version, not a big bot player.

Thanks for posting!

The halfling Dragon mark with Heal spell would be nice too.

onions wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 9:16am:
Consider some variation with Elf race. Racial Displacement SLA when using a Dragonmark is useful, too and allows a different class setup.

This would allow for Wiz/5 but the extra damage from EK that you get from Wiz/6 is nice.  I wonder what the duration is based on for the Displacement Dragon mark?  Characture level?  The wiki does not specify.
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2014 at 9:47am by Red Sox H8 Yankees »  

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 9:44am:
The halfling Dragon mark with Heal spell would be nice too.

except I am going to be spending a feat and a fair few enhance points for the furry feet  Sad

IP Logged

onions
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 9:44am:
This would allow for Wiz/5 but the extra damage from EK that you get from Wiz/6 is nice.  I wonder what the duration is based on for the Displacement Dragon mark?  Characture level?  The wiki does not specify. 

A flavor build of mine (1 Rog/ 13 Rgr/ 6 Ftr) is using this dragonmark atm. and it uses character level, which means, you'll get over 5 min. displacement with extend spell feat. (My toon also uses Epic Chimera's Crown, which provides 5 displacement clickies total, each over 5 min., for a melee toon this is quite awesome, imho)
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2014 at 12:43pm by onions »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #12 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
EChimera has lvl 20 displace clickies?

Fuck a duck i had no idea

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 1:01pm:

It does not. It boosts the count of marks.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
onions wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 12:42pm:
A flavor build of mine (1 Rog/ 13 Rgr/ 6 Ftr) is using this dragonmark atm. and it uses character level, which means, you'll get over 5 min. displacement with extend spell feat. (My toon also uses Epic Chimera's Crown, which provides 5 displacement clickies total, each over 5 min., for a melee toon this is quite awesome, imho)

The added "clickies" of dragon mark uses would be very handy.  Thank you for the tip.

IP Logged

onions
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 1:01pm:

Please don't fuck a duck, she would be very upset if she found out, that she got fucked just because I could not say the following in a more clear way:
Chimera's Crown gives more dragonmark uses and this makes a total of 5 displacement clickies, assuming you skilled all dragonmark enhancements to the maximum possible.
It is expensive, but considering extended displacement in the Elf tree, which gives some dps option as well, it is well spent, imo.

I just thought, the racial dragonmark was another good way to avoid item grind.

If you take 6 wiz for displacement's sake only, then maybe just switch to Elf and get it as racial option along with the elven weapon tree for more dps. Whether this was an actual advantage over the OP's split, I don't know. I never played an Eldritch Knight :/. Also, I happened to have a complete set of the chimera's crown in the bag for years but never wanted to build one. Built it for giggles and to avoid grinding/playing ASAH mini game for another black dragon helmet or similar. So far, I am happy with the crown. If you do not have the crown, you will have 2 or 3(?) displacement uses from dragonmark, which is still enough for most quests below ee, and on ee it is enough to get from shrine to shrine.

I use these *low cost* options for builds while doing heroic TRs. The elven Rgr, though, turned out to be more fun than I thought and that's why this toon did not TR immediately.
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2014 at 3:53pm by onions »  

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
onions wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 3:42pm:
Please don't fuck a duck, she would be very upset if she found out, that she got fucked just because I could not say the following in a more clear way:
Chimera's Crown gives more dragonmark uses and this makes a total of 5 displacement clickies, assuming you skilled all dragonmark enhancements to the maximum possible.
It is expensive, but considering extended displacement in the Elf tree, which gives some dps option as well, it is well spent, imo.

I just thought, the racial dragonmark was another good way to avoid item grind.

If you take 6 wiz for displacement's sake only, then maybe just switch to Elf and get it as racial option along with the elven weapon tree for more dps. Whether this was an actual advantage over the OP's split, I don't know. I never played an Eldritch Knight :/. Also, I happened to have a complete set of the chimera's crown in the bag for years but never wanted to build one. Built it for giggles and to avoid grinding/playing ASAH mini game for another black dragon helmet or similar. So far, I am happy with the crown. If you do not have the crown, you will have 2 or 3(?) displacement uses from dragonmark, which is still enough for most quests below ee, and on ee it is enough to get from shrine to shrine.

I use these *low cost* options for builds while doing heroic TRs. The elven Rgr, though, turned out to be more fun than I thought and that's why this toon did not TR immediately.

I can understand elf would make a nice melee based on the "free" displacement.  If that is what you are after.  I also need self cast Rage, Haste, Blur (for my guildmates), Fireball for Web's, Gust of wind etc.

I will be doing this TR next week when I cap another toon.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #17 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
ok ok ok my bad.

no one has ever answered this for me:

does Draconic Reinvigoration replenish Dragonmarks? Because that would be amazing for Halfling or Elf DM's which are really useful.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #18 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 9:57pm:
does Draconic Reinvigoration replenish Dragonmarks?

Not from my experimenting on lam.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

onions
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Aug 15th, 2014 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Quote:
I also need self cast Rage, Haste, Blur (for my guildmates), Fireball for Web's, Gust of wind etc.

Right, forgot about those spells.^^ Nvm. then.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Warning!  This build cannot be done on Live without at least 2 Lesser hearts of wood +1. 

First level of BF is always Pally.  To take that off you need a heart.  But the heart will not work as it would give you a potential 4th class.  I scrapped this build (for now) and just went with a BF Centered Kensi 12 fighter, 6 monk, 2 pally.

IP Logged

Oyster
Korthos Resident

I Love Oysters!

Reply #21 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Aug 30th, 2014 at 5:56pm:
Warning!  This build cannot be done on Live without at least 2 Lesser hearts of wood +1. 

First level of BF is always Pally.  To take that off you need a heart.  But the heart will not work as it would give you a potential 4th class.  I scrapped this build (for now) and just went with a BF Centered Kensi 12 fighter, 6 monk, 2 pally.

Why can't it be done? Just take 2 levels of monk in the last 5 levels, getting to initial 15 with Pal1/Wiz5/Fi9, throwing the Heart to swap Pal->Fi, and following up with the rest.

Is there a problem with bonus monk feats that forces to take monk levels in the first 15?

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Oyster wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 at 4:44pm:
Why can't it be done? Just take 2 levels of monk in the last 5 levels, getting to initial 15 with Pal1/Wiz5/Fi9, throwing the Heart to swap Pal->Fi, and following up with the rest.

Is there a problem with bonus monk feats that forces to take monk levels in the first 15?

No matter what you do you will have to start the build with Paladin 1.  Add in two other classes such as the Wizard and fighter combo you suggested.  As soon as you LR to get rid of the 1 paladin you would have a potential 4th class.  The LR mechanic will not allow it.  I would have to LR the 1 paladin away and end up with fighter 10 and wizard 5.  Then  level up and take 2 monk.  The problem is exactly as you described it. I want to take 2WF with a free monk feat at monk level 1 or 2.  I also need to reserve the level up feat at level 15 (or before) for Master of Forms and 18 for Grand Master of forms.  It can be done however it would take 2 hearts.  I am not ready to invest that much into one life that is untested.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2014 at 6:58pm by Red Sox H8 Yankees »  

IP Logged

Oyster
Korthos Resident

I Love Oysters!

Reply #23 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 at 6:57pm:
No matter what you do you will have to start the build with Paladin 1.  Add in two other classes such as the Wizard and fighter combo you suggested.  As soon as you LR to get rid of the 1 paladin you would have a potential 4th class.

No you won't. You move from Pal1/Fi8/Wiz5 to Fi8/Wiz6. You take that first level not in 4th class, but in one of 2 classes you already took. You add in Monk AFTER you successfully removed Paladin level.

But I can see it being a problem if you need monk levels in the first 15 to enable TWF and Form feats. I still think it can be done with using epic feat slots for those feats, though it would diminish the strength of the build a bit.
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2014 at 2:11pm by Oyster »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #24 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
You can do it with one +3, can't you? Which is cheaper than two +1s iirc.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint