Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) EE dc's? (Read 23611 times)
IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Re: EE dc's?
Reply #75 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
I suppose I can abide by a temporary truce in response to this absurdly congenial request for one which violates all the core values of Vault stakeholders.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

The Magnificent Fiery Foot
Ex Member

Reply #76 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
cheers!!  Grin

IP Logged

The Magnificent Fiery Foot
Ex Member

Reply #77 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Well horse crup, if you two fighting is the only way to have EE dc's discussed on this thread....

Have at thee!!!!

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #78 - Sep 13th, 2014 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
so whats EE reflex DCs?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Sep 13th, 2014 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 13th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
so whats EE reflex DCs?

Mid 60s on most mobs. Shadars will make the save more than orcs, gnolls and giants will.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Sep 14th, 2014 at 5:21am
Print Post  
For 95% success yes, sounds about right. But Again, remember that top tier (shadar Kai assassin) reflex save is a lot higher then 2ed tier (anything else). Best to aim for a reliable dc for 99% of the mobs in game and have a plan b for the remainder (insta kill/enchant).

Keep in mind that a good enchant dc is a lot better then an amazing evocation dc. If you're twisting energy burst on a low casting stat shiradi make sure to toss one or two chain missiles first to get nerve venom proc.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2014 at 5:26am by SayWhatAgain »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
conjuration?

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Sep 21st, 2014 at 11:47pm:
conjuration?

The two most prominent spells that come to mind are web and Comet fall which work differently from one another and belong to different disciplines (arcane and divine respectively).

Web does very nicely in the high 60's (my PM has 67 iirc) since that is enough to have most mobs fail their initial reflex save to get caught (except top tier evasion type mobs) and high enough to keep most mobs fail their str check. For a dc of 67 any mob with 84 str or less will only break on a roll of 20.

As for commet fall, like web the initial save is reflex however the check to get back up is a balance check. EE mobs tend to have an insane balance skill allowing them to get up quickly. Furthermore divine casters usually don't want their targets stationary (hard to kite through bb that way) and if they do then greater command is the go to spell IMO.

As for niac's (for those ice sorcs) it's just a reflex save so mid high 60's will serve you very nicely.
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2014 at 3:24am by SayWhatAgain »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 2:14am
Print Post  
Thanks, real helpful.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint