Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Best TWF (Read 13884 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Re: Best TWF
Reply #25 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Thinking about 15 palie 4 ranger 1 fighter myself for a 2 weapon fight build, no idea what weapons to use tho, i really like kopeshes but that is mostly a feeling from pre motu ddo that was inscribed in my body, rams and all t4 tempest cores, 2 spell slots from palie /t5 are kinda weak unless the evasion thing can work with h armor then i would do a 15 palie 5 ranger prolly.

Could fit in ranged feats but i doubt ranged bow dps will be even close to melle in update.
Well thats best i can figure out atm to get the most from palie.
Maybe a full char build with all the regular feats etc, but that as well depends on how int harper thing works and interacts with 2 weapon fiht.
If it works as its written, heck then a total abomination could be good.
A sun elf palie ranger in based with char as 2ndary stat..
Jesus what the fuck did they do to ddo when im thinking that a build like this could be viable... Sigh
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2014 at 6:09pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #26 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 at 10:22am:
I will probably go pure with Mornhs if I stay with twf.
Too big a fan of uber self healing so want Csw and Zeal and Holy sword.
Capstone is great, 18 core is okay against undead shit, heavy armour is broken strong now.
Take 200 prr and 30-60 DR into any Elite and see what happens. Haha or even block with 94 DR and 70% PRR.
I would go with khops, but Hammers are okay ish both in LD and DC, and some undead stuff have like 37 blunt dr. Good luck with shortswords against that.
Even though Turbine is almost making sure that everybody picks thf.
Best single target dps, my ass. That's so useful when you can't hit shit while moving and EVERYTHING hits you because of your short weapon reach.

Wipey . . . on lamania I was able to make a Pally 15/Ranger 3/Fighter 2 that fit in a whole bunch of shit including manyshot and IPS.  PRR of 160ish.  Just finished it when the server went down so I didn't get to test it yet but I'll let you know how it is next time Lamania goes back up.

IP Logged

Nub
Korthos Resident

Reply #27 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 12:28am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 3:50pm:
Wipey . . . on lamania I was able to make a Pally 15/Ranger 3/Fighter 2 that fit in a whole bunch of shit including manyshot and IPS.  PRR of 160ish.  Just finished it when the server went down so I didn't get to test it yet but I'll let you know how it is next time Lamania goes back up.

4 ranger/1 fighter would be better no? (gain rams & pick up precise shot so no feat lost)

Deathnips or drow weapons? (thinking of already extended crit range)

...or /1 monk & centered earth using brush hooks
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2014 at 12:29am by Nub »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #28 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Nub wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 12:28am:
4 ranger/1 fighter would be better no? (gain rams & pick up precise shot so no feat lost)

Good idea, that would be better.  Though not 100% sure I'd stick with the ranged option, it was kinda something I just wanted to see if it was possible. 

Balizardes and TF Rapiers.
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2014 at 3:11pm by Bigjunk »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #29 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 3:50pm:
Pally 15/Ranger 3/Fighter 2

No doubt you can do that man. Compared to live I can fit IPS, IC ranged ditching Cleaves and Mobility.
But going with cmw only is quite significant drop, capstones in all trees are pretty good, vorpal against undead is good. DW as spell is good convenience.
I really like Vanguard, staying pure has one advantage for me - can dick around going back and forth with just Siberys shard ( or as ) or LR.
Back to the tanky s+b one week and thf or twf another week.

I was preaching "you gotta have ranged" too but kinda bored playing pally like a damn ranger heh.
I don't know really, haven't played for a while ( not serious break but " took care of mails on all gimps break" ).

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #30 - Sep 12th, 2014 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 4:50pm:
No doubt you can do that man. Compared to live I can fit IPS, IC ranged ditching Cleaves and Mobility.

On Lamania last night I ran through some EE GH and EE Stormhorns on this 15/3/2.   I really missed having the cleaves in the EE Lines of supply.  It was pretty trivial but as long as you’re able to hit 3+ mobs a cleave is worth it on a TWFer.

Speaking of which . . . took the Ranger through the same stuff and the change to Dance of Death looks good so far, need to test more but it looks like scrounging up the APs for it is the way to go.   I got so much ETR work to get done on my Wizard that the melees aren’t getting TR’d anytime soon.

Wipe wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 4:50pm:
But going with cmw only is quite significant drop, capstones in all trees are pretty good, vorpal against undead is good. DW as spell is good convenience. .

CSW is missed, but Cacoon and LoH I think will be enough.  I hope at least.  It’s better than my BF and reconstruct.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
The tweaks on tempest are a good start but just not enough to make them competitive yet, although they certainly add more and end game levels when the proc com into play.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Right now I am running a Blade forged Centered Kensi Fighter/Monk/Paladin 12/6/2 with Thunder Forged Khopesh's and/or Bastard swords (depending on my mood).  Very easy to build.  SO easy that some have called it "push button".  Basic build was Cetus without the archer shit.  May not be popular due to the "flavor of the month" but it is still very effective.  Stacks as much STR as you can get (Power Surge and Divine Might) with Overwhelming crit.  Off hand procs are at 100% with all 4 2WF feats and the Monk enhancement (forgot the name).

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #33 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Sep 15th, 2014 at 5:42pm:
The tweaks on tempest are a good start but just not enough to make them competitive yet, although they certainly add more and end game levels when the proc com into play.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/447973-why-the-dev-are-buffing-certain...

They seem to be going in order of worst to best in adjusting the classes, if barbarian is next like many expect that'll more or less confirm this.

Tempest is weak, especially with Paladin, which was the more survivable class, getting so much love. At this rate we'll see ranger adjusted in about 1.5 years.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #34 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 3:02pm:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/447973-why-the-dev-are-buffing-certain...

They seem to be going in order of worst to best in adjusting the classes, if barbarian is next like many expect that'll more or less confirm this.

Tempest is weak, especially with Paladin, which was the more survivable class, getting so much love. At this rate we'll see ranger adjusted in about 1.5 years.

Wow. 1.5 years.

So optimistic.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 2:22pm:
  Off hand procs are at 100% with all 4 2WF feats and the Monk enhancement (forgot the name)

That is still only 90%

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #36 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 6:07pm:
That is still only 90%

with PTWF you get 10% off-hand DS.  While it's not quite 100% off-hand I think that's what he's talking about.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint