Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Sun Elf Cleric (Read 28107 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Re: Sun Elf Cleric
Reply #75 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 6:46am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 6:39am:
I'm wondering why you're going on and on about this when all I was saying that your initial statement was incorrect. I have never argued against the fact that higher dc's are better. For crying out loud I'm planning to (if I ever get there with the pace I play) a DC sorc for high end content with completionist + 3x wiz, fvs and sorc PL's. This has been my plan since I made this toon. But he's also getting epic past lives on the way, and I'm working broadening my experience as a whole... so I'm progressing slow.

But I also have my cleric who is an experiment in herself. For eH content she has proven to kill stuff a lot faster than my other toons, just for the fact that she is a wisdom maxed light nuker with gear. She is not as efficient in ee's as some other builds would be.. but she's not half bad either. Stuff dies, I have fun.

I have no interest in building a "flavor of the month" min/max builds that everyone plays, if I was I would be playing a monkcher or a wraps druid/ monk.

So to wrap it up, if there's a will, there's a way. Next time say what you mean and don't make half assed statements.

IT has nothing to do with fotm builds, it has something to do with you not understanding the difference in a light spp wisdom nuking cleric that can reliably cc and instakill stuff vs a nonallthatable cleric who needs to pot every single quest to be of semi efficient use to the party.
But im glad you are slowly understanding that dc matter.
The difference between kiting in bb and using dwrath while poping pots and simply aproaching a pack s burst energy burst dwrath for demolition is like saying god and john my neighbor are the same
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2014 at 7:09am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #76 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 6:48am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 6:34am:
Seems you don't understand the difference between first EE completion of the high end raid (at that time) and completion of a quest which is trivial to many people.

I don't consider it shiny if it requires 89 pots. Sorry. These ppl had run it on Lama before this.

Difference is, in your case there is no achievement.

I never claimed it was. Do you see me bragging about it? No, I was proving that it can be done without past lives. How dense are you ppl and how many times do I have to repeat myself? Never said it was a shiny achievement. I said it can be done, and I even had fun. It wasn't brute force.. brute force would be taking a monkcher in there. I had to plan my moves. Sorry if I enjoy strategizing once in a while to not always just run through a quest killing stuff.

I don't have a caster cleric, but I do pot sometimes, not necessarily on casters. That's not the point.
I consider I can reliably solo an EE only if I can make it without deaths, and preferably without pots or with 1-2 if something goes wrong. Spending couple hours in a quest is also not my favorite hobby. YMMV.

So, u're saying u don't consider a quest completed if u died? So I'm guessing u only play high saves evasion toons? U ever play a fleshy caster? U ever make mistakes when u run quests? I guess we'll have to start telling u to re-run the quest because u died. Or right, u don't die.

god, u never get a little bit excited ever, do u? No wonder u're so grumpy.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #77 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 6:54am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 6:46am:
IT has nothing to do with fotm builds, it has something to do with you not understanding the difference in a light spp wisdom nuking cleric that can reliably cc and instakill stuff vs a nonallthatable cleric who needs to pot every single quest to be of semi efficient use to the party.
But im glad you are slowly understanding that dc matter.
The difference between kiting in bb and using dwrath while poping pots and simply aproaching a pack s burst energy burst dwrath for demolition is like saying god and jogn my neighbor are the same

No, you do not understand. You claimed that you NEED past lives to run EE's. THAT is what you said. I called BS. I stand by it.

All of the rest I am ignoring because it is besides the point. Efficiency and speed is POWER GAMING. Which is not what I was talking about at all.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #78 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 6:54am:
No, you do not understand. You claimed that you NEED past lives to run EE's. THAT is what you said. I called BS. I stand by it.

All of the rest I am ignoring because it is besides the point. Efficiency and speed is POWER GAMING. Which is not what I was talking about at all.

You have got to know by now that plain common sense explanations don't work here.  No matter how simply you try to prove your point most folks just miss it...

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 6:48am:
I never claimed it was. Do you see me bragging about it? No, I was proving that it can be done without past lives. How dense are you ppl and how many times do I have to repeat myself? Never said it was a shiny achievement. I said it can be done, and I even had fun. It wasn't brute force.. brute force would be taking a monkcher in there. I had to plan my moves. Sorry if I enjoy strategizing once in a while to not always just run through a quest killing stuff.

My point was - you didn't prove shit, and that's mostly because of 14 deaths.
But it's a slippery slope to define what is a "true" completion/solo and what is not, and why completion with one death near shrine is valid and one with 14 deaths and cakes it's not, or how many pots are "allowed", and so on. Everyone has his own standards and opinions, and if you indeed had fun doing it - then congrats.

Not in mood to argue if it was bragging or not, and after all we all have personal achievements, which are not necessarily achievements for the rest. I was very proud when I soloed elite DA on a lvl 16 monk pre MOTU, although for established players that would have been a laughable thing most likely.

Angry wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 6:48am:
So, u're saying u don't consider a quest completed if u died? So I'm guessing u only play high saves evasion toons? U ever play a fleshy caster? U ever make mistakes when u run quests? I guess we'll have to start telling u to re-run the quest because u died. Or right, u don't die.

god, u never get a little bit excited ever, do u? No wonder u're so grumpy.

See above about deaths.
You do not need to tell me anything, I do indeed recall in majority of cases when I die solo, sometimes I can re-enter or use a cake (though I'm not carrying any with me, usually). I am not saying that should be the norm, it's just my own bizarrerie. 14 seems excessive to me to claim a successful completion, but to each his own.
I play a lot of flavour builds, even my "FOTM builds" are flavour mostly (undead archer e.g.).
I played a fleshie caster, and I'll soon tr into another one. In fact, I LRed my first life fvs into fvs/wiz shiradi exactly because it's performance in EE was laughable, and I didn't feel like TRing umpteen times to make her work, especially in the dark caster ages after EGH release.

I surely make mistakes and I die a lot, I can bring a honorable 3rd party to prove it.

P.S. I though I saw a thread where someone whined about not having capstone on his morninglord FVS, after some forums searching I must admit it was my imagination and I talked out of my arse.
You can celebrate. Grats.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #80 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 8:53am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 8:22am:

My point was - you didn't prove shit, and that's mostly because of 14 deaths.
But it's a slippery slope to define what is a "true" completion/solo and what is not, and why completion with one death near shrine is valid and one with 14 deaths and cakes it's not, or how many pots are "allowed", and so on. Everyone has his own standards and opinions,

I don't know what rules you're using to define things. I consider a quest completed if you've completed the main objective and the quest by definition is completed. Any other definitions are your own.

Though, I do that too sometimes. For example, I challenged myself to run EE ID on my fvs at lvl 21. Took me 4 tries to complete it without dying, but I refused to post the completion before I could do it without dying. (yes, that one is on YouTube too). I plan to practice HH, see if I can boost Thaz's saves a bit, and rerun EE HH next time she's 28. I hope to get the deaths down to half or less, and the time cut by at least 1/3. For example, having a clear planned route, only killing what I have to, doing the puzzle without messing it up, and hopefully selecting the right door of the 3, would save me a whole lot of time and fighting. Less fighting, less sp used. Oh, and I need to take out the necros faster, and avoid getting cornered by too much trash, need to pull the necros out from the rooms.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #81 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 9:14am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 9:50am
Print Post  
So, op. If you want to solo ee as a first life dc cleric you will need cakes, pots, and 80 minutes.

but it can be done!

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #83 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 9:50am:
So, op. If you want to solo ee as a first life dc cleric you will need cakes, pots, and 80 minutes.

but it can be done!

http://cdn.theedge.co.nz/theedge/AM/2013/6/21/27202/justin-bieber.jpg

OP has completionist feat, u twit

And Ruby, u'll always be gay and retarded.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 9:55am:
OP has completionist feat, u twit

And Ruby, u'll always be gay and retarded.

shouldnt you be off somewhere using 14 cakes, 23 pots, and 90 minutes to show people evidence how you can solo ee as a first life dc cleric?

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #85 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 9:58am:
shouldnt you be off somewhere using 14 cakes, 23 pots, and 90 minutes to show people evidence how you can solo ee as a first life dc cleric?

How about you shut the fuck up and eat some dicks?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 9:59am:
How about you shut the fuck up and eat some dicks?

Ok, but Im going to need 14 cakes, 23 pots and 90 minutes to solo that dick

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #87 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:00am:
Ok, but Im going to need 14 cakes, 23 pots and 90 minutes to solo that dick

Kinky.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:01am:
Kinky.

it's my first time in my life

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #89 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:01am:
it's my first time in my life

I actually picture u more giving ass than head. How weird is that.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:07am:
I actually picture u more giving ass than head. How weird is that.

only slightly less weird than trying to prove 1st life dc clerics can solo ee by using 14 cakes, 23 pots, and 90 minutes.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #91 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:17am:
only slightly less weird than trying to prove 1st life dc clerics can solo ee by using 14 cakes, 23 pots, and 90 minutes. 

1. U're getting the numers wrong
2. I can still improve. How about u?

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #92 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:35am
Print Post  
/popcorn

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:33am:
1. U're getting the numers wrong

no

Angry wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:33am:
2. I can still improve. How about u?

no

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #94 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Hello, Hello! What's all this then? Cheesy

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #95 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 11:47am:
Hello, Hello! What's all this then? Cheesy

Thaz' mating call.

And Rubbins answers.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #96 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
You can do much better Councilor. Stupid death to trap ( well that's a cleric life eheh ) or unlucky hit by Horror ( oh boy I could tell instafucking agro in Deathwyrm stories ) and few pots for boss is cool but not 20 deaths and 2.5k sp on 10 trash mobs. Sorry, that's working against you.

Good luck anyway. Any ddo vid that is not a motherfucking thrower or monkcher is good vid !

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #97 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
I shoulda saved a screenie from my attempt first time in hh on a proper cleric.

You know, took me only 25minutes no deaths and no pots.

But hey, what can i say, im playing a dc cleric.
And i was really bad at playing one.
Wish i could die tho and prove that doing it in 90 minutes and with a bazilion pots and god knows how many cakes is the way to go when you are trying to argue with someone!!

Also, is that you in that picture you posted thaz?
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2014 at 1:59pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #98 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 1:57pm:

You know, took me only 25minutes no deaths and no pots.

But hey, what can i say, im playing a dc cleric.
And i was really bad at playing one.
Wish i could die tho and prove that doing it in 90 minutes and with a bazilion pots and god knows how many cakes is the way to go when you are trying to argue with someone!!

Also, is that you in that picture you posted thaz?

Lol

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #99 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 1:57pm:

Yes, you're a real man who plays a real cleric and has a really big dick.

Me, I'm just a pussy who's also a masochist, who likes to once in a while do things the hard way and solo shit on a 32p build caster cleric without the use of tornados and other things that make questing moot.

Yes, you're a really big and strong man. Your mommy must be so proud.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint