Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) best swf twf druid split (Read 29918 times)
nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

best swf twf druid split
Sep 25th, 2014 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
ive been trying to find what may be the best split for a swf and twf wolf druid, im really attracted to splits with monk lvls as im a big fan of evasion im attracted to lelouch's post with an
8 druid 6 ranger 6monk split as it manages to fit all the important feats without any fighter levels, in his build tho he states that his saves suck so i was wondering if anyone who has tried swf twf wolf builds could give me any advice as to what they believe would be the best split

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Re: best swf twf druid split
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
nicetrybutimjesus wrote on Sep 25th, 2014 at 3:31pm:
ive been trying to find what may be the best split for a swf and twf wolf druid, im really attracted to splits with monk lvls as im a big fan of evasion im attracted to lelouch's post with an
8 druid 6 ranger 6monk split as it manages to fit all the important feats without any fighter levels, in his build tho he states that his saves suck so i was wondering if anyone who has tried swf twf wolf builds could give me any advice as to what they believe would be the best split

I managed to do wgu on ee in less then 30 minutes /didnt use the shortcut so im sure it can be done under 20 if i tried again.

Thing is with new armor up im looking at a druid figter ranger split now.
Will post split and build once i test on lamma.
Idea is 13 druid 4 ranger 3 fighter or similar.
More or less a stanced druid with plenty mrr and prr with all the usual att speed things.
Should be even more stronger since you will have acces to a higher defense with a better heal with all the regular feats.
Since oc doesnt require cleaves and you wont need cleaves for blitz counter imo the most benefit from blitz will be for speed builds or multiple cleaving.
And i dont know of any builds that have more speed then druid and shuri so those 2 are in my view the perfect blitzers.
But again, i will test the 13 4 3 and couple other ideas i have and tell my opinion based on information i manage to gather once they open lamma again
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2014 at 3:49pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 9:11am
Print Post  
I just rolled up a 10Drd/8Ftr/2Rgr to try out, based on another thread on these forums somewhere. It fits in all SWF, TWF, Nat Fighting feats plus Shield Mastery and Imp Shield Mastery.

I took PA and Cleave because I thought Cleave was still a requirement for OC, but have not checked Lam to confirm. Also took Emp Healing and Imp Crit.

I went PDK for the fast start but realized after the fact that I had to change my alignment because PDK start off as LG. Swapped to TN to take my druid levels.

IP Logged

GrizzlyBear
Korthos Resident

duh?!

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Quick question:
Does elemental burst from tod rings works with wolf attacks even with a weapon in main hand?

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Packfan wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 9:11am:
I just rolled up a 10Drd/8Ftr/2Rgr to try out, based on another thread on these forums somewhere. It fits in all SWF, TWF, Nat Fighting feats plus Shield Mastery and Imp Shield Mastery.

I took PA and Cleave because I thought Cleave was still a requirement for OC, but have not checked Lam to confirm. Also took Emp Healing and Imp Crit.

I went PDK for the fast start but realized after the fact that I had to change my alignment because PDK start off as LG. Swapped to TN to take my druid levels.

PDK could be any alignment. LG is the default alignment for any class that can take it, I guess you just didn't pay attention and went with it.

Tried basically the same, except 9/8/3, dps was very nice (tested without shuriken cheese).
Went t5 in defender tree, for the doublestrike attack and str+hp.
Very nice synergy with the new blitz mechanic too (relatively lower damage but lots of attacks). Defense was good too.
Only problem was the lowish saves.
Doublestrike was a bit overkill lol. iirc, with dstrike boost I was getting over 100%.

@Lelouch 13 druid for regenerate is nice, but wasn't able to get all the feats I wanted.
Since you get ram's from druid, I'm really curious why would you want 4th ranger and not 4 ftr for an extra feat and 6str/20% hp
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2014 at 12:32pm by Limpgimp »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 12:31pm:
PDK could be any alignment. LG is the default alignment for any class that can take it, I guess you just didn't pay attention and went with it.

Tried basically the same, except 9/8/3, dps was very nice (tested without shuriken cheese).
Went t5 in defender tree, for the doublestrike attack and str+hp.
Very nice synergy with the new blitz mechanic too (relatively lower damage but lots of attacks). Defense was good too.
Only problem was the lowish saves.
Doublestrike was a bit overkill lol. iirc, with dstrike boost I was getting over 100%.

@Lelouch 13 druid for regenerate is nice, but wasn't able to get all the feats I wanted.
Since you get ram's from druid, I'm really curious why would you want 4th ranger and not 4 ftr for an extra feat and 6str/20% hp

Was mainly to test out new tempest thingies that got buffed, and i was running with killer usually.
But with no req for cleaves it might be dropable for natural fight.

Issue i have with orbs is that i didnt manage to  find proper orbs that dont break oath.
I alrdy decided to drop monk and as i got almost all divine plifes done on over my prr including with 3 pdk plifes should be crazy.
What i always wanted to do is play with block energy plife active in druid since you can block get the benefit and fully attack.
You got any idea about orbs?
Also i was thinking to try out combat style att speed from vanguard but asumed it wouldnt apply to wolf form.
Basically i have many ideas but lamma wont go up.

IP Logged

nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
well once u23 goes live next week we can test it all live 4 fighter for the split does seem attractive for 6 strength or percent hp but do you believe that build survivability would be higher without evasion? u23 evasion will be a little weaker due to other non robe wearer's getting mmr

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #7 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
nicetrybutimjesus wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 4:28pm:
well once u23 goes live next week we can test it all live 4 fighter for the split does seem attractive for 6 strength or percent hp but do you believe that build survivability would be higher without evasion? u23 evasion will be a little weaker due to other non robe wearer's getting mmr

Personally i tried couple things on lama based on palie prr etc.
Evasion isnt needed anymore
Druid should be superb stanced

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 1:51pm:
any idea about orbs

I like nether orb for the slot, healing lore and energy siphon: on hit 60 spell points. Libram is solid too.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2014 at 5:14pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

Reply #9 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
since you are talking about orbs i assume they dont break swf?

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #10 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
nicetrybutimjesus wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 9:21pm:
since you are talking about orbs i assume they dont break swf?

They dont, only issue is that mettalic property orbs break wolf form aka th forged ones.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #11 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 12:31pm:

That makes a lot more sense, I probably just goofed during creation from all the hideous choices I had to try and wade through to get a toon that I could live with. I don't know who's uglier, PDKs or Morninglords.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #12 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
I'm thinking 12 Druid/6 Fighter/2 Ranger.

I usually use a Madstone Skull just for the slots.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 5:21am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 1:51pm:
Was mainly to test out new tempest thingies that got buffed, and i was running with killer usually.
But with no req for cleaves it might be dropable for natural fight.

Issue i have with orbs is that i didnt manage to  find proper orbs that dont break oath.
I alrdy decided to drop monk and as i got almost all divine plifes done on over my prr including with 3 pdk plifes should be crazy.
What i always wanted to do is play with block energy plife active in druid since you can block get the benefit and fully attack.
You got any idea about orbs?
Also i was thinking to try out combat style att speed from vanguard but asumed it wouldnt apply to wolf form.
Basically i have many ideas but lamma wont go up.

Vanguard attack speed stacks with wolf, but not with swf. Tried some S&B wolf too. Shield stun doesn't work though, and it was the main reason I bothered. Wings are kinda working, but in a very glitchy and weird way - it literally teleports you in new location, after a lag spike. All in all wasn't bad, but the drop in dps was noticeable.
Oh, btw, as a side effect of going t5 defender with swf wolf, I also was able to get ~120 AC, without martial PL and outside US. Guess with a bit of tinkering it's possible to do some pretty tanky wolf, with decent dps.

As for orbs - what Rubbins said, Nether seems the winner for me.
Mentioning just for fun - madstone skull, if you want to experiment slotting devotion and meridian in it. Potentially you can get extra 24 positive sp from it.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #14 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 27th, 2014 at 5:21am:
Vanguard attack speed stacks with wolf, but not with swf. Tried some S&B wolf too. Shield stun doesn't work though, and it was the main reason I bothered. Wings are kinda working, but in a very glitchy and weird way - it literally teleports you in new location, after a lag spike. All in all wasn't bad, but the drop in dps was noticeable.
Oh, btw, as a side effect of going t5 defender with swf wolf, I also was able to get ~120 AC, without martial PL and outside US. Guess with a bit of tinkering it's possible to do some pretty tanky wolf, with decent dps.

As for orbs - what Rubbins said, Nether seems the winner for me.
Mentioning just for fun - madstone skull, if you want to experiment slotting devotion and meridian in it. Potentially you can get extra 24 positive sp from it.

Will try, like the ideas for orbs.
After up hits live i promised to do a raid with some dudes, so im a mother..... bf monkcher now.
Jesus how i hate this bullcr...
I rage every single quest, every single one i did so far i have managed to rage somewhat.
No idea why people do that crap at all.
I mean i love monkcery since its so freaking easy to play and it can demolish content, but a bf and its height just suck. Picked bf for dual boost and ability to be on dknight duty/possibly tanking. Aka a more important role then usual, but i hate it in solo questing. I shoot over freaking every single thing in this game.
Also will see in planer if i can put smthn, shield feats are a must more or less due to mp, thing i wonder as i didnt manage to properly load lama and when i was able to download new launcher they closed it down of course.
(just my luck as i was busy with work in rl so couldnt play til last week of update round)
First, is there a melle power display?
2nd, do 2handed feats mp work with  for example bastard sword? I know its a 1 hander, but you get grazing hits so i got no idea how that works and is implemented.
From orbs and shield feats you would basically get if im correct the twists dstrike and prr, and from feats alone the melle power and possibly the super low shield bash that i assume doesnt work with wolf form and the dstrike.
Maybe something else that i missed, didnt pay attention to shieldery that much beside that 1 ss on lama where dude posted some 5 k shield bash, i know you didnt get any prr from orbs tho

« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2014 at 9:12am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Sep 27th, 2014 at 9:06am:
First, is there a melle power display?

Yes, next to atk speed and dstrike icon on Character sheet.

do 2handed feats mp work with  for example bastard sword?

havent tested.

From orbs and shield feats you would basically get if im correct the twists dstrike and prr

correct

and from feats alone the melle power and possibly the super low shield bash

yes, but MP doesnt stack w swf/thf mp

doesnt work with wolf form and the dstrike

I dont think wolf can shield bash, i did orb build, but cant tell with that atk speed. munk would know this, im sure.  your off hand really doesnt proc on wolf form, just your main hand acting as an off hand strike.

« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2014 at 9:39am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #16 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 10:41am
Print Post  
so swf gives melle power as well?
Hmm, then no point in taking shield mastery at all, waste of 2 feats.
You can basically do a life with those 2 feats, get the twist in sentinel and then etr and just twist it, same principle as when taking magisters school specializations.
Beside possibly slotting devotion in orb, and i assume that met star ruby wouldnt proc either from orb i kinda dont see the point of taking the feats, also that frees up the option of going more druid levels for possible regen as spell
I would prolly use orb for devot tho.
Got a basic idea what i want to do, monday raid then tr to human druid
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2014 at 10:46am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #17 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Orb still receives Doublestrike from the Shield Mastery line.

And no, Ruby won't proc, sadly. Doesn't carry over from cheese either.
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2014 at 12:48pm by Distributed »  

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Orbs are assimilated to bucklers for shield feats.
So from 2 feats and 1 twist you gain 18 doublestrike (3+8+7) and 23 prr (3+5+15), not bad at all imo.
I am pretty sure I was receiving the PRR.

THF feats work for BA and DA, at least outside wolf, in wolf I don't see the reason to take them, I really doubt you can produce glances with wolf (although I didn't test), and the MP from combat styles doesn't stack.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #19 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
You do not get the PRR currently on live from the Shield Mastery feats with an orb.

IP Logged

nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

Reply #20 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
when you where talkin about a 13d 4r 3f split lelouch i was wondering why the 4 ranger and not 4 fighter for extra feat and 6 extra strength where the 4 ranger for the lvl 4 req stuff in tempest tree?

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Sep 27th, 2014 at 1:38pm:
You do not get the PRR currently on live from the Shield Mastery feats with an orb.

Was speaking about lama, but since I tried a lot of builds there, it is possible that I got smth mixed up.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #22 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 27th, 2014 at 2:16pm:
Was speaking about lama, but since I tried a lot of builds there, it is possible that I got smth mixed up.

Ah I have no idea about Lam, but that would be sweet. Even more PRR monday!

IP Logged

nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

Reply #23 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
do orbs qualify as shields for stalwart defender? im assuming no

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #24 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
nicetrybutimjesus wrote on Sep 27th, 2014 at 2:04pm:
when you where talkin about a 13d 4r 3f split lelouch i was wondering why the 4 ranger and not 4 fighter for extra feat and 6 extra strength where the 4 ranger for the lvl 4 req stuff in tempest tree?

Yes that was based on the want to have killer and try out tempest 4 new revamped things idea, but im assuming that i will most prolly drop them.
It depends on cd and how long the burst damage is, issue i had with tempest line was that i managed couple times to bug out the tree to provide the benefits while swf-ing, so i dont know what my feelings toward that is.
It is apsolutely the same as monk stances, i managed to be dual stanced for a while having full benefits of water/earth stance, but i dont know how to reproduce that bug, even tho i have a screenie with proof of that.
But assuming i drop ranger to only 2 levels, split would be
something like 10 druid 8 fighter 2 ranger. but im leaning toward something like 13 druid 4fighter 3 ranger due to tempest 10% offstrike that oddly worked for me while swf-ing, i dont personally think the dstrike on shield feats is worth it, if they provided prr and some mrr with orbs then they would be a no brainer.
If the prr/mrr doesnt apply (prr now on live doesnt), if the mp doesnt stack then you would pick 2 feats for a dstrike increase on a nearly dstrike maxed build.
I personally see that as opportunity to go for better selfheals via more druid levels, or by picking more important feats.
2 feats is alot imo

But as said, monday raid time, and couple tests with iconics, then making over a nearly triple all completionist cheese druid again for total demolition.

Since i played a druid last time, i just feel like every other single thing in the game is weak.. Is it just me?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint