Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Old days casting (Read 2369 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Old days casting
Sep 29th, 2014 at 7:15am
Print Post  
For those that date back pre 2008 etc like i do, you prolly remember how old time casting went, either dc to the max or the totaly fun way to play aka dot casting.
So as we got the new prr/mrr changes i was looking what to do with alt.
Saw sestras knighslayer thread and just modified it to suit my own taste.
That build alrdy has incredibly survival, but what i did and many of you as well as you can look thro palie tree was swap it to 3 palie levels.
Stanced tower shielded old time dot casting.
No need to write a deep in build progression, just check his thread, swap to 12 soul 5 wizz 3 palie and swap ins reflex and force of perso to shield feats.
Youl need to have acess to some hosue c alchem mats for evoc t3 augmentation to get max mm, since it will play out in shiradi most of the time.
Build in my mind, and working wonderfully on live, and as pointed out from a friend that he made on lama a nice dot tank, i assume it will work out.
For those that despise mother forums, build feats n such.
12 soul 5 wizz 3 palie bf
feats, shield master, imp shield mastery, empower, maximize, past life wizz or completionist, addie body, toughnes, enlarge, quicken, epic toughnes, force spp, ruin and hellball.
I assumed the new wave of casters will be harmor things, this is my first attempt on such a build, as i personally play monkchery and shiradery a bit different then most players this take on the idea will fit my playstyle better.

I dont like to kite 24/7, sometimes i like to stand there like a boss and kill the thing in front of me with brute force, and armor up /stance/shield feats will allow me to play like in the good old days.

Also same thing could be done with sorc, a bf 3-4 palie 4 soul  12 sorc build is first that comes to mind.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2014 at 7:19am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Re: Old days casting
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Interesting. Played around with this build for 6 or so levels myself: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/444495-Secure-s-Build-Thread .

The 12 fvs / 6 wiz / 2 pal worked quite well. Only changed out of it as it gets boring after a bit. Part of the fun of the build was all saves 80-90's... Dropping the Insightful Reflexes and Force of Personality seems like it will drop the saves quite a bit. For twists, I did extra saves (Dragonhide(+6 Fort and no fail on 1), Impregnable Mind(+6 Will and no fail on 1)).

Seems like this new version will be interesting, but not quite the same. Perhaps I will try it out in a few lives.  Doing pure pally next 2-3 lives.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Being survivable is nice and affects your dps since being dead or having a hassle keeping the red bar up interferes with your dps efforts however ultra survivable brings about lower dps (wasn't impressed with his dps video).

I like a decent defense and an overwhelming offense.
I know Sestra is into soloing raids so not dying ever is top importance for him but not so much for me.

If you do like to stand there like a boss, as you said, till the mobs die then this is indeed a good build .
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2014 at 9:42am by SayWhatAgain »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Heh, old days casting means to me scroll farming Claw and Chrono, Halt undead scrolls for WK, Shadow kiting and uber 42 Necro and 40 Enchant for DA cc and 99% kills in any Carnival pug. Or Mass Holding Chains of Flame so people will love you. And goddamn Displace duty lol.
Certainly not fucking MM spam metagame.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 29th, 2014 at 9:56am:
Heh, old days casting means to me scroll farming Claw and Chrono, Halt undead scrolls for WK, Shadow kiting and uber 42 Necro and 40 Enchant for DA cc and 99% kills in any Carnival pug. Or Mass Holding Chains of Flame so people will love you. And goddamn Displace duty lol.
Certainly not fucking MM spam metagame.

Hey the stand shield block with dod and dot was old time casting as well!!
Con based sorc wf anyone?
Could solo any raid on that shit!
Couldnt on dc caster Wink
Back in the day..
Good old days...
Shiradi is just what you add to the mix to be effective in ee-s
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2014 at 11:40am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
lol this is just my 12 fvs/5Wiz/3 Monk build as an armor wearing shield holder. Which is a great idea with the new changes to MRR.

« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2014 at 2:50pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
As I said in that thread, I think it's overkill defense.  You don't need to turtle up and shield tank on a caster ever.  Movement is a free action and costs you nothing.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Sep 29th, 2014 at 4:57pm:
As I said in that thread, I think it's overkill defense.  You don't need to turtle up and shield tank on a caster ever.  Movement is a free action and costs you nothing. 

I'd kill for attacks of opportunity.  Every time something moves you get a free attack.  With how stupid mobs are it would work like auto attack.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
I still prefer 2 barb. With the changes 3 pally is overkill with stance and needing to use shield/stand there. Plus 2 pally will be nerfed at some point. The rain of mega ultra speed begins as this build is meant to zerg not stand still Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint