Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Need a bit of help. (Read 1788 times)
Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Need a bit of help.
Sep 30th, 2014 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Alrighty, I'm trying to bring back a certain monstrosity I had in tabletop a few years back. It was a druid-bard hybrid, most akin to someone running a warchanter with better heals and buffs than a pure bard and with a few flavor-cheese spells and abilities.

That being said, I wanna remake it and have it be EE viable. The idea I've got rattling around in my old noggin would be 9 druid/6 fighter/5 bard. With AP being spent mostly in Warchanter for all the DPS/Buffing needs, enough points to boost defender stance and PRR/MRR, and considering taking core 6 Vanguard for shield goodness that does work with animal form.

That being said 9 druid would net me natural fighting on top of deathward, with the fighter feats and leveling everything in the right spot I'd have all the feats needed for DPS and cleaving. Now, I don't want to limit myself to being in wolf form 24/7, just sick of it now a-days.

So vanguard-warchanter, with druid fluff. Obviously this is a flavor build, but it has some potential in my eyes. The biggest thing that could swing it's way would be the Frozen Fury line if I were to splash Harper int to tacticals and go pure int and charisma (with just enough strength for PA/Cleave via tomes). However, I don't think a DC anywhere ranging from high 60s to mid 70s is worth it, in animal form the DC would drop even lower and I wouldn't be able to lower saves with the vanguard bashing procs.

So what do you all think, thoughts, advice, additional concepts. I'm looking at you Mo.
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2014 at 3:09am by Edrein »  

IP Logged

Nuckinfutz
Titan Demolisher

The Pig's a tease.

Re: Need a bit of help.
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Ask Grump for a copy of his barbarian and scrap the druid thing.  Grin

Felgor wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 3:45am:
DDO died a long time ago, we just all have trouble admitting it.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Nuckinfutz wrote on Sep 30th, 2014 at 12:34pm:
Ask Grump for a copy of his barbarian and scrap the entire thing.  Grin

Ftfy

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
Lmao, I was expecting a bit more input. Tongue

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Sep 30th, 2014 at 11:11pm:
I was expecting a bit more input

Why would you expect more input?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Freezing attacks will have a very low duration, even when working - 1/2 bard level seconds.
Tried this exact split on lama, wasn't awful, but certainly is flavour. I went pdk for cha to attack damage.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #6 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 1:31am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 1st, 2014 at 1:14am:
Why would you expect more input?

I would have expected something a bit more hopeful than two almost unserious responses, heck would have expected you to show up earlier and atleast say no go.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #7 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 2:02am
Print Post  
Well I don't like commenting on people flavor builds when I don't know what they're hoping to achieve from them.  But 5bard doesn't exactly offer a lot of buffs.

Given that you only need 3 fighter for the stance now, is something like a 9druid/4fighter/7bard suitable?

It loses 1 fighter bonus feat, but 7bard levels will let you cast haste & displace (1min each if you get extend)

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #8 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 2:16am
Print Post  
I thought about that, more for displacement than haste. However you lose out on goodies from vanguard more than anything else.

My main goal to clarify would be a self-sufficient fighter than could offheal or DPS depending on the group. (I know that a swashbuckler can do the same, etc. But as I stated I want the druid flavor.) I'd love to get the Frozen Fury DC up there to be consistant, but as someone pointed out there earlier it'd only last a couple seconds per use (except for the vorpal part that would continue to proc when it is off timer).

All of the warchanter buffs would of course boost the overall party DPS and such. I tested the fighter and bard levels on a throw away PDK and was sitting at around 18 doublestrike, without items, twists, and natural fighting. So I could keep a good doublestrike both in and out of form.
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2014 at 2:20am by Edrein »  

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 7:16am
Print Post  
displacement is subject to ASF, unless you intend to stay medium armor.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Dont need displace if youre in heavy armor, stalwart stance, orb/shield off hand. And running in DC. New prr changes gives 180 prr to everybody. Lay down consecrated ground ticks for 200 while mobs hit you for 150 on elite lol, Mobs get aura stacked and when they die they heal you and infect other mobs around them. Have to try really hard to die in that set up. Nerf bats coming in few months.
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2014 at 7:56am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #11 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 1st, 2014 at 2:02am:
5bard doesn't exactly offer a lot of buffs.

OP is probably talking about the chants

Arcane Shield Chant: Chant: +(2/4/6) Music bonus to resist Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, and Sonic damage.
Ironskin Chant: Chant: You and nearby allies gain DR (2/4/6) and (2/4/6) Music bonus to PRR.
Reckless Chant: Chant: You and nearby allies gain +(2/4/6) Music bonus to universal Spell Power, Doublestrike and Doubleshot.
Chant of Power: Chant: You and nearby allies gain +(2/4/6)% Music bonus to melee damage, ranged damage, and spell critical chance.
Expeditious Chant: Chant: You and nearby allies gain +(10/15/20)% Action Boost bonus to movement speed. Cost: 1 AP per rank.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #12 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Chants and blur. All you really need while in a party. 9 druid gives you FoM and Deathward as well.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint