Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New swf wolfie (Read 82558 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: New swf wolfie
Reply #125 - Feb 14th, 2015 at 7:35am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 14th, 2015 at 3:30am:
Legendary suposedly still works, though I haven't tested.
tested it.
i still have it on my orb pally. cant get over how much less damage im doing now after nerfs... makes me sad panda.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #126 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 4:07am
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Feb 8th, 2015 at 8:38pm:
no it wouldnt, i personally run it without any metas (edit i run quicken) to allow for 3x natural fighting, improved shield mastery, perfect twf and greater swf
attack spd 75 and dblstrike 50 with 236 prr at cap

Yes Legendary Shield Mastery does work with an orb in off-hand.  I swapped out the spell Max and a spare feat (no completionist for me) for shield mastery and improved shield mastery. 

Seemed a viable trade off for 15 PRR and an extra 7% double strike.  I am curious as to how you managed to get your PRR to 236 though?  I can just hit 200 while Blitzing at the moment, where you getting the rest from?   
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2015 at 4:08am by Scrybe »  

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #127 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Scrybe wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 4:07am:
Yes Legendary Shield Mastery does work with an orb in off-hand.  I swapped out the spell Max and a spare feat (no completionist for me) for shield mastery and improved shield mastery. 

Seemed a viable trade off for 15 PRR and an extra 7% double strike.  I am curious as to how you managed to get your PRR to 236 though?  I can just hit 200 while Blitzing at the moment, where you getting the rest from?   

fuck tons of pdk+divine PL
heavy shadowscale armor (the one with the stacking DR just to fuck with it even more)
stalwart defender
legendary shield mastery
improved combat expertise
Blitz
mythic minos legens or dumathoin bracers
possibly something else im forgetting to mention right now as well coz i cant be arsed to log on

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #128 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 8:05am
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 6:27pm:
fuck tons of pdk+divine PL
heavy shadowscale armor (the one with the stacking DR just to fuck with it even more)
stalwart defender
legendary shield mastery
improved combat expertise
Blitz
mythic minos legens or dumathoin bracers
possibly something else im forgetting to mention right now as well coz i cant be arsed to log on

I'll assume you have:
3x EPL (Divine Sphere) - 9PRR
3x PDK - 9PRR
Improved Combat Expertise - 20PRR

That must be where the difference is coming from. 

I don't have any PDK, and only 1 Divine sphere EPL.  That alone is 35PRR.  Out of curiosity, what did you swap out to get Combat Expertise?  Was it Empower Heal?

Also, do you find it it's actually worth the loss in DPS from PA?
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2015 at 8:07am by Scrybe »  

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #129 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Scrybe wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 8:05am:
I'll assume you have:
3x EPL (Divine Sphere) - 9PRR
3x PDK - 9PRR
Improved Combat Expertise - 20PRR

That must be where the difference is coming from. 

I don't have any PDK, and only 1 Divine sphere EPL.  That alone is 35PRR.  Out of curiosity, what did you swap out to get Combat Expertise?  Was it Empower Heal?

Also, do you find it it's actually worth the loss in DPS from PA?

i got more than 3x divines Tongue

like i mentioned before i dont take any metas in this build, they are all pretty damn useless since the only thing you care about is spellwise is heal urself which with 3xpali pl + hamp item you can have cocoon hitting for 300+ per tick and a cure crit is 350

and yeah the 20prr for me at least was worth it, most of your damage comes from proc's and having an insane atk speed+dbl strike anyways so losing around 10-15 per hit from PA to get 20prr was worth it imho

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #130 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 10:36am
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 10:12am:
i got more than 3x divines Tongue

like i mentioned before i dont take any metas in this build, they are all pretty damn useless since the only thing you care about is spellwise is heal urself which with 3xpali pl + hamp item you can have cocoon hitting for 300+ per tick and a cure crit is 350

and yeah the 20prr for me at least was worth it, most of your damage comes from proc's and having an insane atk speed+dbl strike anyways so losing around 10-15 per hit from PA to get 20prr was worth it imho

Oh wow, I must be an utter ETR nubbin then.  I thought all ETR past lives capped out at 3.  Didn't realise that the passives can cap out higher than that. 

Do they have a hard cap at all?  I would guess at 9 if they did (3 of each type..?).  Man, that makes ETRing even more powerful than I though...fml.  #nubbin.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #131 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Scrybe wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 10:36am:
Oh wow, I must be an utter ETR nubbin then.  I thought all ETR past lives capped out at 3.  Didn't realise that the passives can cap out higher than that. 

Do they have a hard cap at all?  I would guess at 9 if they did (3 of each type..?).  Man, that makes ETRing even more powerful than I though...fml.  #nubbin.

they each cap at 3 times, which makes the equation
3x3 =9 x3 = 27

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #132 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 12:54pm:
they each cap at 3 times, which makes the equation
3x3 =9 x3 = 27

Yup, that's pretty damn sexy.  Guess it's time to get some more EPLs...

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #133 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
This build still works?

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #134 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
I still run this build at the mo. Yes, it still works.  Still competitive, but has been nerfed a little after the fix to legendary shield mastery and the decrease in PRR from heavy armour.

I still find it fun.

IP Logged

Scruffy Murphy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #135 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Does twf (ranger) still stack with swf in wolf form?

Also saw a post saying that if you take skirmishes from bard you can still get the benefit from swf even using a nonfinese weapon. Anyone confirm that?
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2015 at 5:01pm by Scruffy Murphy »  

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #136 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
yes if swf is taken real early,like level 1 and two levels of ranger are taken afterwards.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #137 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Scruffy Murphy wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:50pm:
Also saw a post saying that if you take skirmishes from bard you can still get the benefit from swf even using a nonfinese weapon. Anyone confirm that?

you could always swf with a non finesse weapon. like bastard sword/kopesh. what skirmisher allows is for swf to be active with a buckler and any weapon.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #138 - Mar 17th, 2015 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
How much dps does this build lose/gain from taking bard and this shields over orbs vs. the fight extra feats?

I hadnt even considered that after the notice of the shield nerf to this build - is it viable or is this just fo those stuck with bard lives that cant/wont reincarnate out of them?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #139 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Mar 17th, 2015 at 4:34pm:
How much dps does this build lose/gain from taking bard and this shields over orbs vs. the fight extra feats?

I hadnt even considered that after the notice of the shield nerf to this build - is it viable or is this just fo those stuck with bard lives that cant/wont reincarnate out of them?

You can't swashbuckle stance in animal form. Therefore, you can't SWF with a shield in animal form.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #140 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 18th, 2015 at 11:37pm:
You can't swashbuckle stance in animal form. Therefore, you can't SWF with a shield in animal form.

you might be able to. Skirmisher currently allows for swf bypass with a buckler and any weapon. Not dependent on swashbucler stance.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #141 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 18th, 2015 at 11:54pm:
you might be able to. Skirmisher currently allows for swf bypass with a buckler and any weapon. Not dependent on swashbucler stance.

OK, testing needed, but what would you gain? Just shield doublestrike?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #142 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 12:58am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 19th, 2015 at 12:12am:
Just shield doublestrike?

Yes. And maybe vanguard attacks. Also shield bash proccing as mainhand. idk.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #143 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 19th, 2015 at 12:58am:
Yes. And maybe vanguard attacks. Also shield bash proccing as mainhand. idk.

No room for vanguard on a druid/ranger/bard, and shield bash never procs in animal form.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #144 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 3:18am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 19th, 2015 at 1:04am:
No room for vanguard on a druid/ranger/bard

then just prr/mrr, doublestrike, and whatever is on the buckler.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #145 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 3:58am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 19th, 2015 at 3:18am:
then just prr/mrr, doublestrike, and whatever is on the buckler.

Not bad, but druid/ranger/bard would hurt for feats.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #146 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
What weapon you using at 20?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #147 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Mar 19th, 2015 at 4:49pm:
What weapon you using at 20?

Sacrificial dagger, cannith challenge, or old epic 1-handers.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

I just, I don't even...
Reply #148 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
I know this will just get me a hi welcome but so be it. I never got around to trying a wolf build until now since I need a druid life. I guess I didn't love the wolf animation and when the thrown effects thing was going on that seemed a little over the top even for me so I was put off.

I really know Fight to the Finish in Eveningstar, like know it in my bones. I use it as my gut feeling benchmark for whatever build I'm running. It was the first thing I did as a PDK at 15 with two empty gear slots and not much effort into what gear was actually on. I did take the time to get heavy black dragon armor (which took a lot longer than it should have because like a dumbshit I was convinced that TR had eaten it, having forgotten that crafting Epic Red consumed it). Anyway. I beat my best time to the arena master kill and my best kill count by absurd margins. That includes runs at 20 right when full ED's kick in.

I don't have a point except to say thanks for posting the tight build and to express this: how the flying fuck am I going to play any other melee build now that I did it doggy style?

Once you go pack you never go back.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: I just, I don't even...
Reply #149 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 10:34pm:
I know this will just get me a hi welcome but so be it. I never got around to trying a wolf build until now since I need a druid life. I guess I didn't love the wolf animation and when the thrown effects thing was going on that seemed a little over the top even for me so I was put off.

I really know Fight to the Finish in Eveningstar, like know it in my bones. I use it as my gut feeling benchmark for whatever build I'm running. It was the first thing I did as a PDK at 15 with two empty gear slots and not much effort into what gear was actually on. I did take the time to get heavy black dragon armor (which took a lot longer than it should have because like a dumbshit I was convinced that TR had eaten it, having forgotten that crafting Epic Red consumed it). Anyway. I beat my best time to the arena master kill and my best kill count by absurd margins. That includes runs at 20 right when full ED's kick in.

I don't have a point except to say thanks for posting the tight build and to express this: how the flying fuck am I going to play any other melee build now that I did it doggy style?

Once you go pack you never go back.

Happy Holidays!

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint