Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New swf wolfie (Read 82565 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Re: New swf wolfie
Reply #25 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 8:03am:
Are you spending AP up to tier 4 stalwart for 6 con/str? Is that really worth more than a 11/6/3 split for manyshot when compared against each other? Im not a fan of it either, but being so close to it, might as well pick it up over 12th druid level, or 4th fighter level.

Assuming this build wont go into tier 4 Nature's Warrior then maybe points spent into Harper would be better.

14 ap picking up know the angles, and 6 melee power which you cannot really get anywhere else.

13 into stalwart for greater stance benefits.

13 in Nature's Warrior for harrier.

36 in Tempest for 1000 cuts and dance of death.

2 in human for damage boost, tier 1 hamp.

= 78 AP.

¸
I pick known angles, only fatal in nat warrior, but for stance i go with 6 str 20% hp and 10% mov speed since mov speed was the only thing i lacked. (and i feel like this isnt working correctly, i should notice 10% but i dont)
Was thinking to get 6 con, but the hp % helps me more and when im in dreadnought the aboost puts my fort save over 85 anyways /prolly more now since i got 11 resist item but didnt figure out a layout with new gear yet.
Manyshot is useless on this build, only time i used manyshot was when i soloed partycrashers on ee.
I tried to use manyshot on former build but honestly the att speed and aoe capablity and loss from swf when manyshoting.. Just isnt for this.
I mean you have it as option in case there is that one thing that apsolutely requires ranging.
But thing is, this build requires a different mentality and its as follows: you are nearly unikillable no matter the content, you have multiple hot heals and multiple over time heals, you dont need to kite jump avoid or run away.
Issue most people have with new blitz is sustaining and keeping in lets call it high burst parties.
Honestly i solo alot, but i grouped with some friends /pro sorcs and wizzys/ and i still managed to get 10 stacks.
No matter the mass hold burst wail combo, they just dont dare to follow me into a pack of 10-15 mobs where i before jumping into mid press on boosts and start blitz dance.
Only need couple hits to be at 4-5 stacks.

Leveld to 28 without losing or not being able to keep a single bliitz.
Only time i lose it is when i die from alert and inability to properly selfheal Wink
But that is me being dumb.

How i spend my points:
3 human racial, dam and heal amp
13 nature warrior, fatal harrier
32 points tempest, item negation thing, reflex /with 3 rogue plifes brace items i have enough reflex vs traps to make checks even in ee necro/
8 harper agent
24 in stalwart /max dex increase to get some dodge stance upgrades str, less damage when helpless and mov speed

« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2014 at 10:04am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
That 6 str seems like a waste on a pproc/atk speed build.

Why only 32 in Tempest? Not using 1000 cuts and only tier 2 in dance of death?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #27 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 7:28am:
PSWF works with wolf form?

I tested it yesterday for Balanced Attacks.

It did not.

But that was on my TWF/SWF build, so no idea if that fucks up something.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #28 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 5:44pm:
I tested it yesterday for Balanced Attacks.

It did not.

But that was on my TWF/SWF build, so no idea if that fucks up something.

Yeah, it seemed too good to be true

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Why would you not invest in Deepwood Sniper instead of Tempest? Based on what you seem to do with your build, you could benefit from:

2 cores - +2 sneak atk dice, +20 Positive SP
T1 - 3 Imp Empathy for 12 Pos SP, 3 stealthy for +1 SA die
T2 - Nothing special if you get dmg boost from racial.
T3 - 3 favored accuracy (prereq), 3 Thrill of Hunt (+3 dmg continuously with your kill rate), and +1 Dex.
Fill to 20 AP as desired.
T4 - 3 Favored dmg (prereq), 3 Killer, Hunter's Mercy melee optional.
Killer is the big draw to DWS. Especially with your kill rate, you're talking easily sustainable 20% dblstrike as long as there's trash around.
Seems like better benefit to me than Dance, even with three ranks.

AP total - 26. 28 if Mercy attack as well.

That would free up 4-6 AP for other trees. If you free 6, you can still get 10% offhand strike from 2nd tempest core, and still take the reflex saves bonus.

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Reread the original post. Three questions:

1. Why are you taking Harper INT to atk? You're INT is never higher than your STR (unless no STR item and a +11 item maybe) so what benefit are you getting?

2. Do cleaves not proc Blitz? Started noticing this on my Swashy defender. If they're not, it's more support for your choice to skip them. Also, I realized that multi-mob strikes is prob a big part of why you're getting/keeping blitz up, so that's benefit to Dance. But 20% dblstrike still seems superior. Between SWF, haste, TWF, and dblstrikes, you should get more than enough swings in to proc it up.

3. Why not take completionist at lvl 3 instead of 6? You'll gain 3 more skill points :-D
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2014 at 10:56pm by Dargon »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #31 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Dargon wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 10:50pm:
3. Why not take completionist at lvl 3 instead of 6? You'll gain 3 more skill points :-D

No you don't, the completionist feat doesn't contribute towards stat pre-reqs or skill points per level.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2014 at 11:03pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 11:03pm:
No you don't, the completionist feat doesn't contribute towards stat pre-reqs or skill points per level.

Perhaps I've been misunderstanding the feat. It doesn't raise all your ability scores by 2, including INT? Wouldn't +2 INT = +1 skill point per level? That should be at least 2 skill points by lvl 6, if it doesn't apply to skill points at level taken.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #33 - Oct 8th, 2014 at 1:55am
Print Post  
Dargon wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 10:50pm:
Reread the original post. Three questions:

1. Why are you taking Harper INT to atk? You're INT is never higher than your STR (unless no STR item and a +11 item maybe) so what benefit are you getting?

2. Do cleaves not proc Blitz? Started noticing this on my Swashy defender. If they're not, it's more support for your choice to skip them. Also, I realized that multi-mob strikes is prob a big part of why you're getting/keeping blitz up, so that's benefit to Dance. But 20% dblstrike still seems superior. Between SWF, haste, TWF, and dblstrikes, you should get more than enough swings in to proc it up.

Dont pick the int to attack, only the dmight, with a 6 tome starting 12-14 completionist pots it will give me free 7-8 damage per hit which is same as 14-16 str or so.
Seems like cleaves arent procing.

I wanted to go with deepwood honestly but the things i want cost to much ap and there is no way to get up to killer which is the only real good part without losing something more important. Without dance i would have aoe clearing issues, without stance i wouldnt have 1500 hp and 215 prr, without fatal harrier i wouldnt have the att speed.
Only thing that is odd is know the angles, but i had the free ap, the enchantment +1 is bugged, i can get reasonable int, i use libram anyways so why not?
Even if you drop 2nd tier upgrades, heal amp and damage boost you still wont have sufficient ap to take killer.
And dance is imo crucial for this build and comes with growing storm hast boosts and offstrike.
Without dance i would chop 1 mob 1.
Now i dont need to be a math pro, but i think being able to mortal fear balances 4 at once is better then a single target dstrike increase, i know the sneak is affected by melle power etc etc, but my boss dps isnt bad, in former build it lacked the zergish nature survival and proper aoe.
Totally fixed with this build.
Option would be to dont know pick stance for prr only drop the aoe and focus on sneak for more 1target dps in case you run with friends who can clear trash.
But that is not what i do, my friend is busy 5 boxing for loot so i need a strong build that can do ee effectively and fast /tho i got most necro gear i wanted alrdy.

I dont pick thousand cuts because i dont want to use ap on a ability that i can use once every 2 minutes
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2014 at 3:24am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #34 - Oct 8th, 2014 at 1:58am
Print Post  
Dargon wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 11:52pm:
Perhaps I've been misunderstanding the feat. It doesn't raise all your ability scores by 2, including INT? Wouldn't +2 INT = +1 skill point per level? That should be at least 2 skill points by lvl 6, if it doesn't apply to skill points at level taken.

No it doesnt affect at all, you can say it acts as perma shipies.
You wont get prereq stats with it example if you had 12 dex you need 17 for greater 2 weapon, you get 5 tome by lv 19 so you can take it at lv 20 which i do or at 19 if you want.
YOu will have total 21 dex but the completionists one doesnt affect the prereq, if you started with 10 dex you would not be able to take the feat since your lets call it real dex is 15 and your effective working one is 17..

Asumption is that its coded that way since you could take completionist get skill points and then swap out feat /whover would do that

Also keep in mind this is feat layout, dont need to pick in this order if you dont feel comfortable with it.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2014 at 2:16am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #35 - Oct 8th, 2014 at 2:10am
Print Post  
Dargon wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 11:52pm:
Perhaps I've been misunderstanding the feat.

You've understood the feat correctly, but in ddo the only things that are applied for skills per level and feats with stat pre-reqs are:

Base Stats, Level ups, Stat tomes.

This means:
Gear, buffs, Feats, Enhancements

are all excluded, preventing people (like me) from say starting with a paltry dex, then temporarily picking up completionist and a couple of dex enhancements in order to qualify for something like Improved precise shot

You'll notice that base stats and level ups can't be changed without LR'ing, whereas everything in the second list could be changed relatively easily.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #36 - Oct 8th, 2014 at 3:29am
Print Post  
Also sadly stormrage doesnt provide deflect arows.
Need to check if they adde it in known issues.
Tested in pvp with shuri/Bow and on mobs in wild.
I assume it doesnt work at all or could possilby work if you have flurry. No idea how turbine is coding stuff

Another thing that i learned after excesive testing and comparing is that the stanced mov speed doesnt work.
Can someone verify that to me?
If yes then il drop a point from 2nd tiers hp to have 2 more sneak dices from nature/deepwood
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2014 at 5:22am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Oct 8th, 2014 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

For AP, you wouldn't need to drop anything from stance, so survivability wouldn't change that way.

But I get that the tempest setup is more for your needs/style.
I was thinking that you could end up killing single trash mobs faster, and it might total to faster clearing than the slightly slower multi-target clearing. But the current layout is obviously working for you.
I was also remembering what I noticed when I tried one of the SWF druid wolfs, which is that I would get at least 3 SA strikes in before a mob noticed me, which with a bunch of SA, and MP scaling, would total some beastly dps boost. But again, not a factor if they're all coming at you with red DA. :-P

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #38 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 5:39am
Print Post  
Im still working on gear.
Atm i only got litany and googs from necro stuff that i want.
Stupid helm doesnt want to drop.

Layout will be like this:
googs: glimpse
Head: mythic gaze /dont have yet
Neck: Abbot neck /need 4 til 60th
Trinket: Ep litany
Cloack: addie cloack of wolf
Gloves: Aboot deadly 11 ones
Bracers: conva of parry
Boots: Inoccent /dont have yet
Ring 1: ee consuming
Ring 2: Anvi seal
Weapon thfr touch of flames drag edge mortal hammer
And a stacks shorsword for vulner
Off hand: libram
Armor: hplate shscale with dr
Belt: ragers now but will swap ragers and epic thoughtful

All il say is, wolf is very very powerful.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2014 at 7:07am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #39 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 6:51am
Print Post  
What the fuck is wrong with you posting pics like that? Cetus will go asking for more SWF nerfs if he sees this! Jesus fuck men!

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 7:00am
Print Post  
Build looks great and made TR one of my melle toons into it.

Just a few questions:
1) Precision vs PA.
How do you feel about swapping your PA for precision given the high amount of heavy fort mobs in new content?
I'm guessing you have 27seeker (12 ring, 6 ship, 4 nature warrior, 5 wolf cloak) 17-18/3 19-20/5 profile and current 40% fort bypass (35 dragon edge + 5 ship). I guess it also depends on my next question...

2) First number.
What is your typical first number on non helpless mobs?
I see you're after the mythic gaze for a +15 str and you currently probably have +8 + 3 so the gaze would raise your current mod by 2 so 2 more damage.

3) Mythic gaze vs Mythic GoP helm
Seeing as you are going for the remembrance belt instead of the battle ragers harness wouldn't the +9 ds on the GoP helm be better than +2 to 3 str mod?

Thank for posting this, I am in the process of gearing mine and would appriciate your input.

P.S.
I have to agree with Rubbins AP split (though damage boost and first core amp from human costs 3 ap) I used the last ap point in SD for an additional max dex with armor.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #41 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 7:06am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 6:51am:
What the fuck is wrong with you posting pics like that? Cetus will go asking for more SWF nerfs if he sees this! Jesus fuck men!

Your right, will delete Wink

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #42 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 7:12am
Print Post  
oh, and I use shield mastery and improved shield mastery on my build instead of 1 nat fighting and maximise, I'll let you figure out why

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #43 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 7:12am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 7:00am:
Build looks great and made TR one of my melle toons into it.

Just a few questions:
1) Precision vs PA.
How do you feel about swapping your PA for precision given the high amount of heavy fort mobs in new content?
I'm guessing you have 27seeker (12 ring, 6 ship, 4 nature warrior, 5 wolf cloak) 17-18/3 19-20/5 profile and current 40% fort bypass (35 dragon edge + 5 ship). I guess it also depends on my next question...

2) First number.
What is your typical first number on non helpless mobs?
I see you're after the mythic gaze for a +15 str and you currently probably have +8 + 3 so the gaze would raise your current mod by 2 so 2 more damage.

3) Mythic gaze vs Mythic GoP helm
Seeing as you are going for the remembrance belt instead of the battle ragers harness wouldn't the +9 ds on the GoP helm be better than +2 to 3 str mod?

Thank for posting this, I am in the process of gearing mine and would appriciate your input.

P.S.
I have to agree with Rubbins AP split (though damage boost and first core amp from human costs 3 ap) I used the last ap point in SD for an additional max dex with armor.

About first one, i tried both tbh during etrs, i like precsision and if i would consider droping patack at times.
But basically raid is so freaking stupid that you only need to spam 3-4 days of nonstop completions to get your items and you will never again see it.
If you plan to run necro more would suggest precsion over patack.

About ragers, thing is, the buff lasts long so my playstyle is use it as swap in.
I really dont get much from belt beside guard and buff vs belt that gives me con resist and 2 slots.
About damage, it really depends on mob fortif my boosts etc.
It can be around 500 per first hit but can raise up to 2 k.
The sweetness comes from the att speed mutliple hits and possible mortal procs.
I would basically call this type of builds, proc builds that still have high dps potential. I cant crit for as much as a esos holy sword palie can, but i can crit half of his damage 10 times while he swings maybe 1 time.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #44 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 7:13am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 7:12am:
oh, and I use shield mastery and improved shield mastery on my build instead of 1 nat fighting and maximise, I'll let you figure out why

Yea i had that setup as well.
When i get last couple pieces of gear would suggest it as well since the amp from 30% 20% item will be enough.
Also keep in mind that you can get leg shield mastery and etr without picking those feats yet still have prr/dstrike from fully tierd legendary shield mastery from sentinel.
Was messing around with it a bit on a sorc tank fleshie idea for fun long time ago
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2014 at 7:38am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #45 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Is my first video from gameplay, friend asked me to upload and i got couple requests.
As my pc really sucks bad, the last part is really messy and wasnt recorded correctly, basically is couple frames with boss droping dead.
Not even a attempt on a super speed run
I can bring it down by a minute or 2 most likely when i get last pieces of gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJy4BwnWjc0&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2014 at 6:30pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
3k hp mobs. What was that? Heroic elite?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 12:59am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 6:51am:

Hey, I didn't bash SWF in a while now!

But to think I'm not aware of this. Come on now....

IP Logged

Fiery Foot
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Quote:

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 2:29am